Peseiro also drooled over the Akpabio Stadium.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Peseiro also drooled over the Akpabio Stadium.

Post by 1naija »

How come no one has mentioned this? Is there concerted effort by some here to suppress information about the only 2 world class stadiums in Nigeria... the Akpabio Sadium in Uyo and the great Adokier Amiesimaka Satdium in Port Harcourt?
Godswill Akpabio Stadium May Host AFCON Qualifiers As Peseiro Seeks NFF’s Nod
by Iniobong Ekponta 4 days ago in Sports

Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has described the 30,000 -capacity Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo (Nest of Champions), as a world class stadium with modern facilities.

Coach Peseiro was in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital as a big guest for the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) match day 35, between Akwa United Football Club of Uyo and Plateau United at the weekend.

He was later on a guided inspection of the stadium facility on Sunday by the Akwa United’s Chairman, who doubles as the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Governor on Sports, Elder Paul Bassey.

The Portuguese alongside his assistant, Acacio Santos, inspected the natural grass in the main bowl, the two training pitches, dressing rooms, referees’ room, conference rooms, the stadium environment among others.

Speaking after the inspection, Peseiro said he was impressed with the facilities at the stadium, noting that “despite being used weekly by Akwa United and Dakkada FC for their NPFL matches, the quality of the pitch as well as the facilities have been properly maintained”.

“This is a good stadium, feels like Europe and the standard of the facility is world class. I came here to watch the match and to check the stadium and I must say that the stadium is big and in a nice condition.

On whether he would impress it on the NFF to shift the next Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers to Uyo, considering the poor turf of the MKO Abiola Stadium at Abuja, Peseiro said:

“I am happy that aside Abuja stadium we have another big stadium here, I am going round to inspect the stadiums we have in Nigeria and at the end, I will give my advice and the NFF will take the decision, it is not up to me,” he added.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro also drooled over the Akpabio Stadium.

Post by txj »

The pitch is not world class
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:56 pm How come no one has mentioned this? Is there concerted effort by some here to suppress information about the only 2 world class stadiums in Nigeria... the Akpabio Sadium in Uyo and the great Adokier Amiesimaka Satdium in Port Harcourt?

Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has described the 30,000 -capacity Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo (Nest of Champions), as a world class stadium with modern facilities.

Coach Peseiro was in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital as a big guest for the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) match day 35, between Akwa United Football Club of Uyo and Plateau United at the weekend.

He was later on a guided inspection of the stadium facility on Sunday by the Akwa United’s Chairman, who doubles as the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Governor on Sports, Elder Paul Bassey.

The Portuguese alongside his assistant, Acacio Santos, inspected the natural grass in the main bowl, the two training pitches, dressing rooms, referees’ room, conference rooms, the stadium environment among others.

Speaking after the inspection, Peseiro said he was impressed with the facilities at the stadium, noting that “despite being used weekly by Akwa United and Dakkada FC for their NPFL matches, the quality of the pitch as well as the facilities have been properly maintained”.

“This is a good stadium, feels like Europe and the standard of the facility is world class. I came here to watch the match and to check the stadium and I must say that the stadium is big and in a nice condition.

On whether he would impress it on the NFF to shift the next Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers to Uyo, considering the poor turf of the MKO Abiola Stadium at Abuja, Peseiro said:

“I am happy that aside Abuja stadium we have another big stadium here, I am going round to inspect the stadiums we have in Nigeria and at the end, I will give my advice and the NFF will take the decision, it is not up to me,” he added.
dude thats not a compliment
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Have you played on it?
txj wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:41 pm The pitch is not world class
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What's not compliment?

The statement is in comparison to the eyesore and grazing ground we saw in Abuja and Lagos the past few matches.
jette1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:47 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:56 pm How come no one has mentioned this? Is there concerted effort by some here to suppress information about the only 2 world class stadiums in Nigeria... the Akpabio Sadium in Uyo and the great Adokier Amiesimaka Satdium in Port Harcourt?

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:37 pm Have you played on it?
txj wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:41 pm The pitch is not world class
I see you don't know the meaning of "World-class" Good stadium but below average pitch! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The playing surface is bumpy and thus not world class...

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:41 pm What's not compliment?

The statement is in comparison to the eyesore and grazing ground we saw in Abuja and Lagos the past few matches.
jette1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:47 pm

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The national team coach that was just at the stadium thinks differently.

b]Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has described[/b] the 30,000 -capacity Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo (Nest of Champions), as a world class stadium with modern facilities.
txj wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:58 pm The playing surface is bumpy and thus not world class...
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:05 pm The national team coach thst was just at the stadium thinks differently.

b]Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has described[/b] the 30,000 -capacity Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo (Nest of Champions), as a world class stadium with modern facilities.
txj wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:58 pm The playing surface is bumpy and thus not world class...

He di not comment on the playing surface.
And the SE has not played there under his watch.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The CAF Confederate cup final was played on that pitch . It has the best playing surface in Nigeria

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:22 pm The CAF Confederate cup final was played on that pitch . It has the best playing surface in Nigeria

Very good playing surface, we shouldn’t just always assume the worst b/c it’s naija. This stadium is the best in the country from top to bottom…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Perhaps you should read the article first before commenting.

He was there specifically to watch the Akwa united vs Plateau United game AND to INSPECT the stadium. He inspected both main pitch and the training pitches and came to the conclussion that the stadium is world class.
txj wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:20 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:05 pm The national team coach thst was just at the stadium thinks differently.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Pictures please.... :mrgreen:

"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

We have watched the SE play there in several games.
Unless the suggestion is that the pitch has been worked on...

Its a bumpy pitch. Better than Abuja or Lagos, certainly.
But still a bumpy pitch...

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 am Perhaps you should read the article first before commenting.

He was there specifically to watch the Akwa united vs Plateau United game AND to INSPECT the stadium. He inspected both main pitch and the training pitches and came to the conclussion that the stadium is world class.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are you saying Peseiro is lying?
txj wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:12 pm We have watched the SE play there in several games.

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 am Perhaps you should read the article first before commenting.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:12 pm We have watched the SE play there in several games.

How many years ago was that? The videos posted are the latest games played there yet you are referencing games from 3-4 years ago…pitch is very good…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Even on the video, you can clearly see its a bumpy pitch.

Its clearly better than the Abuja and Lagos pitches. But it is what it is...

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:37 am

How many years ago was that? The videos posted are the latest games played there yet you are referencing games from 3-4 years ago…pitch is very good…

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:41 am Even on the video, you can clearly see its a bumpy pitch.

Its clearly better than the Abuja and Lagos pitches. But it is what it is...

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:37 am

Na your biased eyes :-P, I see ball dey move well well…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The best I have ever seen the Uyo pitch was in the Nigeria B team v Athletico Madrid. The quality was of the highest standard. I don't know if it was because a top European team was coming to play on it was the reason why the pitch was prepared to world class standards.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

In other words, the pitch is a non issue since it can be repaired in a short time. Right?
Dammy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:13 am The best I have ever seen the Uyo pitch was in the Nigeria B team v Athletico Madrid. The quality was of the highest standard. I don't know if it was because a top European team was coming to play on it was the reason why the pitch was prepared to world class standards.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:33 am In other words, the pitch is a non issue since it can be repaired in a short time. Right?
Dammy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:13 am The best I have ever seen the Uyo pitch was in the Nigeria B team v Athletico Madrid. The quality was of the highest standard. I don't know if it was because a top European team was coming to play on it was the reason why the pitch was prepared to world class standards.
Possibly
I am happy