Afcon 2023 moved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Afcon 2023 moved

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

jette1 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:01 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:41 pm At this point it’s safe to say only a few African nations should be allowed to host the Afcon and all the others should integrated once they have proven themselves.
I was looking forward to a summer Afcon as I enjoyed the 2019 edition.
I was even planning on traveling to CIV next summer
Sharap Dia. Persin wey never leave Houston since he was granted asylum. For wia? Who dssh monkey banana. :roll:
I heard that last airline he flew on was Panam
Yup. Pan Am DC 8. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:00 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 pm Best decision tbh
Until the club vs country row begins again.

Aina lost his position in his club. It happened to others as well.
I’ll keep saying it. Afcon is generally not a financially viable competition and the quality of football is not getting better. The stunning amount of empty seats shows the lack of interest by fans host countries.
Caf should consider expanding the competition to include some Middle Eastern ,Caribbean or even Asian countries to attract sponsors and Infrastructure. Heck, Why not called it Afcon international and include teams like Saudi, Iran,Jamaica and even china? Why not?A lot of these countries would actually benefit from playing African teams. Host it in Countries like Qatar,UAE or china. We need to start thinking out of the Box.
Otherwise, if you’re going to cancelling tournaments because of weather, then keep it in souther Africa where the weather is better in the summer and stop fooling around.
CAF definately needs to think outside the box and stop this their backward thinking.

2022 and everyone is moving forward.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:26 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 pm Finally reason prevails. Soon the resident experts will tell us they understand Ivorian weather better than the Ivorians. The only solution is for the global calendar to recognise that for some of the powerhouses of Africa to host the tournament, it will need to be held in the middle of the European season sometimes.
As bad as it seems, the majority of tournaments should be hosted in North Africa and South Africa to not only avoid the weather problem but to allow for proper playing surfaces.

The tournament becomes a farce when played on sub standard pitches.

Even Cameroon that spent all that money, many of the pitches were sub standard.

We need to stop all those political correctness and award the afcon to countries that can't even handle it.

They were going to give it to Guinea for heavens sake. These countries spending billions on new stadiums. Is that really the best use of these countries limited resources ?
Thank God you are nowhere near decision making on African football. You would even cancel the AFCON.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:12 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 pm Finally reason prevails. Soon the resident experts will tell us they understand Ivorian weather better than the Ivorians. The only solution is for the global calendar to recognise that for some of the powerhouses of Africa to host the tournament, it will need to be held in the middle of the European season sometimes.
As bad as it seems, the majority of tournaments should be hosted in North Africa and South Africa to not only avoid the weather problem but to allow for proper playing surfaces.

We need to stop all those political correctness and award the afcon to countries that can't even handle it.

They were going to give it to Guinea for heavens sake. These countries spending billions on new stadiums. Is that really the best use of these countries limited resources ?
Thank God you are nowhere near decision making on African football. You would even cancel the AFCON.
So next Somalia should spend billions building new stadiums so they can host.

All in the name of "inclusivity"

Abeg there are only a handful of countries that can handle hosting a 24 team tournament, before we even get to the issue of weather.

I'm sure all the problems that these countries face are not as important as hosting AFCON and spending billions on stadiums that for the most part will be EMPTY.

Great thinking. Let me guess that is pro African isn't it ?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I’ll keep saying it. Afcon is generally not a financially viable competition and the quality of football is not getting better. The stunning amount of empty seats shows the lack of interest by fans host countries.
Caf should consider expanding the competition to include some Middle Eastern ,Caribbean or even Asian countries to attract sponsors and Infrastructure. Heck, Why not called it Afcon international and include teams like Saudi, Iran,Jamaica and even china? Why not?A lot of these countries would actually benefit from playing African teams. Host it in Countries like Qatar,UAE or china. We need to start thinking out of the Box.
Otherwise, if you’re going to cancelling tournaments because of weather, then keep it in souther Africa where the weather is better in the summer and stop fooling around.
This is just about the daftest thing you have posted on CE. Calling you an imbecile is actually offensive to actual imbeciles.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:19 am

Abeg there are only a handful of countries that can handle hosting a 24 team tournament, before we even get to the issue of weather.

I'm sure all the problems that these countries face are not as important as hosting AFCON and spending billions on stadiums that for the most part will be EMPTY.

Has Somalia ever hosted an AFCON? Gosh why are you posting dumb sh$t on here? Any country in Africa regardless of region should be allowed to host the afcon as long as they are finacially able too. The Colonizers can biiiitch all they want but the AFCON will always be a FIFA sanctioned event. What needs to be done is finding better innovative ways to put more butts on seats. Encouraging fans to travel for AFCON games. Making tickets cheaper, Marketing the tournament better etc A high school kid can figure this out but all i see here are dumb posts by you and that imbecile from Ibadan.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:46 am

Has Somalia ever hosted an AFCON? Gosh why are you posting dumb sh$t on here? Any country in Africa regardless of region should be allowed to host the afcon as long as they are finacially able too. The Colonizers can biiiitch all they want but the AFCON will always be a FIFA sanctioned event. What needs to be done is finding better innovative ways to put more butts on seats. Encouraging fans to travel for AFCON games. Making tickets cheaper, Marketing the tournament better etc A high school kid can figure this out but all i see here are dumb posts by you and that imbecile from Ibadan.
the problem is AFCON comes a few weeks after Christmas. people have spent and taken PTO /vacation during the holidays. To now come up with wazobia right into the new year is hard for the common man
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Yeah. Somalia has the same status as Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria and other countries that you would exclude from hosting in your bid to fall over backwards for the European teams. Living in Sirulere when we hosted in 2000 is a moment I will never forget. But you want to take that away from millions of fans. Again, thank God that you are nowhere near the administration of African football.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:24 am the problem is AFCON comes a few weeks after Christmas. people have spent and taken PTO /vacation during the holidays. To now come up with wazobia right into the new year is hard for the common man
For people in Africa or people in Abroad like you?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:41 pm At this point it’s safe to say only a few African nations should be allowed to host the Afcon and all the others should integrated once they have proven themselves.
Sharap Dia. Persin wey never leave Houston since he was granted asylum. For wia? Who dssh monkey banana. :roll:
I thought it was TWA? BP hasn't left Texas since Bush Senior was in office! Ivory Coast ko, Gold Coast ni! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:35 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:24 am the problem is AFCON comes a few weeks after Christmas. people have spent and taken PTO /vacation during the holidays. To now come up with wazobia right into the new year is hard for the common man
For people in Africa or people in Abroad like you?
This was to counter the unintelligent comment by our resident troll kongi. Yes most people other than the north Africans do not travel during Afcon tournaments
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:55 pm
I thought it was TWA? BP hasn't left Texas since Bush Senior was in office! Ivory Coast ko, Gold Coast ni! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Stop encouraging mediocrity. Last time I left Texas was in 2019. Last time I went to Africa was in 2012, and that was for a 3 day weekend trip
SuperEagles

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:27 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Brutal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:00 pm

you constantly show how daft you are. So you want CAF to invite Asian teams. Will they also play qualifiers? oboy slow down and stop exposing your empty brain. My goodness what a very unintelligent comment
Massa leavam so.
Think out of the box Nko.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Of course you were. :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Who told you AFCON is not financially viable? They made an 80 million profit in the 2019 version and I am sure they made an even bigger one in 2021.

If anything they need to move the tourney back to its original slot in Jan/Feb.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:36 pm Who told you AFCON is not financially viable? They made an 80 million profit in the 2019 version and I am sure they made an even bigger one in 2021.

If anything they need to move the tourney back to its original slot in Jan/Feb.

THE voices in his head told him
SuperEagles