Afcon 2023 moved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Afcon 2023 moved

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Afcon 2023 moved

Post by Otitokoro »

Looks like CAF will also be kicking off the 'African Super League' in August, which should keep the national teams active through Nov/Dec.
So, nothing spoil.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:32 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/football
To Jan 2024.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:44 pm Looks like CAF will also be kicking off the 'African Super League' in August, which should keep the national teams active through Nov/Dec.
So, nothing spoil.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:32 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/football
To Jan 2024.
I am really looking forward to it. This will pit the best against the best, repeatedly. Noting better!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:44 pm Looks like CAF will also be kicking off the 'African Super League' in August, which should keep the national teams active through Nov/Dec.
So, nothing spoil.
To Jan 2024.
It's not a national team competition.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

In 2017, Caf announced that it would move the finals from their traditional January-February slot to June-July in a bid to avoid repeated disputes with European clubs forced to release players in the middle of the season.

When they were deciding and announcing this former date, were they not aware of weather condition in Ivory Coast during that time?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Best decision tbh
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mcal wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:46 pm In 2017, Caf announced that it would move the finals from their traditional January-February slot to June-July in a bid to avoid repeated disputes with European clubs forced to release players in the middle of the season.

When they were deciding and announcing this former date, were they not aware of weather condition in Ivory Coast during that time?
How will they be aware of weather conditions in Africa, when they follow Europe in everything.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 pm Best decision tbh
Until the club vs country row begins again.

Aina lost his position in his club. It happened to others as well.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

fabio wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:59 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:46 pm In 2017, Caf announced that it would move the finals from their traditional January-February slot to June-July in a bid to avoid repeated disputes with European clubs forced to release players in the middle of the season.

How will they be aware of weather conditions in Africa, when they follow Europe in everything.

Kai… :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Finally reason prevails. Soon the resident experts will tell us they understand Ivorian weather better than the Ivorians. The only solution is for the global calendar to recognise that for some of the powerhouses of Africa to host the tournament, it will need to be held in the middle of the European season sometimes.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 pm Finally reason prevails. Soon the resident experts will tell us they understand Ivorian weather better than the Ivorians. The only solution is for the global calendar to recognise that for some of the powerhouses of Africa to host the tournament, it will need to be held in the middle of the European season sometimes.
As bad as it seems, the majority of tournaments should be hosted in North Africa and South Africa to not only avoid the weather problem but to allow for proper playing surfaces.

The tournament becomes a farce when played on sub standard pitches.

Even Cameroon that spent all that money, many of the pitches were sub standard.

We need to stop all those political correctness and award the afcon to countries that can't even handle it.

They were going to give it to Guinea for heavens sake. These countries spending billions on new stadiums. Is that really the best use of these countries limited resources ?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:00 pm

I’ll keep saying it. Afcon is generally not a financially viable competition and the quality of football is not getting better. The stunning amount of empty seats shows the lack of interest by fans host countries.
Caf should consider expanding the competition to include some Middle Eastern ,Caribbean or even Asian countries to attract sponsors and Infrastructure. Heck, Why not called it Afcon international and include teams like Saudi, Iran,Jamaica and even china? Why not?A lot of these countries would actually benefit from playing African teams. Host it in Countries like Qatar,UAE or china. We need to start thinking out of the Box.
Otherwise, if you’re going to cancelling tournaments because of weather, then keep it in souther Africa where the weather is better in the summer and stop fooling around.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well this sucks, i guess my mind go dey New-Zealand next summer. Also will the 2025 AFCON in Guinea be moved to Jan 2025 ? which will hold a year from the one in 2024.. CAF are so clueless
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 pm

I’ll keep saying it. Afcon is generally not a financially viable competition and the quality of football is not getting better. The stunning amount of empty seats shows the lack of interest by fans host countries.
Caf should consider expanding the competition to include some Middle Eastern ,Caribbean or even Asian countries to attract sponsors and Infrastructure. Heck, Why not called it Afcon international and include teams like Saudi, Iran,Jamaica and even china? Why not?A lot of these countries would actually benefit from playing African teams. Host it in Countries like Qatar,UAE or china. We need to start thinking out of the Box.
Otherwise, if you’re going to cancelling tournaments because of weather, then keep it in souther Africa where the weather is better in the summer and stop fooling around.
you constantly show how daft you are. So you want CAF to invite Asian teams. Will they also play qualifiers? oboy slow down and stop exposing your empty brain. My goodness what a very unintelligent comment
SuperEagles

delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

CAF are not organize .they move to january,what about guniea 2025 afocn?? same rainnig season ,and they will move to 2026 january again.. please get indoor up cover stadium in these places ,caf not ready to spend money. european league will not be happy.
thanks
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

delisyomie don wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:11 pm CAF are not organize .they move to january,what about guniea 2025 afocn?? same rainnig season ,and they will move to 2026 january again.. please get indoor up cover stadium in these places ,caf not ready to spend money. european league will not be happy.
They don’t have much money to spend. The last SE Afcon team still hasn’t being paid their bonuses yet by NFF. CAF has way too many completions it cannot afford, something has to be done about African football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:00 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 pm

you constantly show how daft you are. So you want CAF to invite Asian teams. Will they also play qualifiers? oboy slow down and stop exposing your empty brain. My goodness what a very unintelligent comment
This is too complex for you to process. Leave this one abeg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

delisyomie don wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:11 pm CAF are not organize .they move to january,what about guniea 2025 afocn?? same rainnig season ,and they will move to 2026 january again.. please get indoor up cover stadium in these places ,caf not ready to spend money. european league will not be happy.
But they are not claiming that the current change is weather related which means the Conakry schedule is likely to remain Summer.

The current change is due to fixture congestion with the late 2022 World Cup being a major factor.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So for one full year what will caf teams be doing after the lady games in March of 2023?
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

At this point it’s safe to say only a few African nations should be allowed to host the Afcon and all the others should integrated once they have proven themselves.
I was looking forward to a summer Afcon as I enjoyed the 2019 edition.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:41 pm At this point it’s safe to say only a few African nations should be allowed to host the Afcon and all the others should integrated once they have proven themselves.
I was even planning on traveling to CIV next summer
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:41 pm At this point it’s safe to say only a few African nations should be allowed to host the Afcon and all the others should integrated once they have proven themselves.
Sharap Dia. Persin wey never leave Houston since he was granted asylum. For wia? Who dssh monkey banana. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:01 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Sharap Dia. Persin wey never leave Houston since he was granted asylum. For wia? Who dssh monkey banana. :roll:
I heard that last airline he flew on was Panam
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."