Nig 1 SA 2 WAFCON 22-

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: Nig 0 SA 2 WAFCON 22-

Post by Igugu »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 pm Chai!
So you guys all logged off and couldn’t even be bothered to watch the game to the end?
See so-called Nigerian ‘fans’.
Sotay, the thread ended with a 0-2 scoreline and everyone checked out.
Or was it no one could be bothered to log Rashidat’s goal?

With fans like this, who needs enemies?
Shameful. :boo: :boo: :boo:
I did not check out. I watched it to the end. Only that I was sickened by the way we lost. The coach should have made substitutions for the unfit Oshuoala, the Goalkeeper, and some of the midfielders as well. From the first whistle of the match, one could see that Oshoala was not in the game, at all. For Oshoala, within the first 5 mins. The rest, in the first half.

Only that I hate seeing the coach seat down comfortably on the bench watching the team perform abysmally, and not getting up to ginger them on.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Igugu wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:54 pm
So you guys all logged off and couldn’t even be bothered to watch the game to the end?

I did not check out. I watched it to the end. Only that I was sickened by the way we lost. The coach should have made substitutions for the unfit Oshuoala, the Goalkeeper, and some of the midfielders as well. From the first whistle of the match, one could see that Oshoala was not in the game, at all. For Oshoala, within the first 5 mins. The rest, in the first half.

Only that I hate seeing the coach seat down comfortably on the bench watching the team perform abysmally, and not getting up to ginger them on.
The coach is solely responsible for this loss. I have a feeling that he though the tournament would be easy because of how we played Canada. How he keeps playing Alozie as a full back beats me. Onumonu as a wide player is a complete waste. She should be in the middle. Hope this is a wake up call because he still has players in this squad. Oshoala was injured after 5 mins and should have been changed at half time. Onumonu left up top, Ordega & Kanu on either wing, replace Chikwelu with #$% or Okobi. Hopefully we have learnt. There's still so much to play for.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:00 am

His Master's Voice is trying to distract from the PISS-POOR COACHING today and instead attack the fans. :P
It does NOT matter if CE or any fan watched every millisecond of the game ONLINE, it had NO EFFECT on the results!

You have this brilliant way of making incoherent arguments out of disparate points wrapped in grandiloquence.
I can only put it down to these all-pervasive auditory hallucinations you continue to hear by the millisecond.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:06 am
joao wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:10 amThe highlighted is very typical of 'fair weather' fans herein. They only watch the matches
to see victory, no matter how the competition went. Most simply can't appreciate competition.
What they like to see is an exhibition where their favored team is scoring with every possession.
Smart folks do NOT "watch" Nigerian games on CE...
Personally, I only check-in at half-time and at full-time.

Nonetheless, why wouldn't fans want to watch games to see only victories? Are you in a CULT?! :blink:
Yes, every fan want their team to win. Reality says that in any competition there will be
a winner and loser. For those fans who truly appreciate competition, they watch the matches
with a clear mind to see how the proceedings are going - How the teams are matching up, and
how their favored team is performing.
If your team wins by a ten goal margin or the odd lucky goal but played poorly, what's there to
brag about? On the other hand if your team outplayed the opposition but still lost, I hope you
would not absolutely rubbish your team.
Perspectives differ, but I believe true fans can be realistic and show objectivity.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nig 1 SA 2 WAFCON 22-

Post by mcal »

...that first foray by Oshaola where she made a bad touch after overtaken the defender show she has regressed. She had complete advantage at that point. See video.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

All the matches I'm watching, the other teams look young and athletic. Our players looked old and heavy. I'm really sad that we sacked Florence for these foreign coaches. What of the likes of Mercy Akide and Co? Just sad.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

lacidi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:37 pm All the matches I'm watching, the other teams look young and athletic. Our players looked old and heavy. I'm really sad that we sacked Florence for these foreign coaches. What of the likes of Mercy Akide and Co? Just sad.
I noticed the same as well; but you know we Nigerians like to look at the REARVIEW MIRRORS all the time. These madams need to be eased out; but as Nigerians, we will wait until it is too late and the damage is done, before doing the needful.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Igugu wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:03 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:37 pm All the matches I'm watching, the other teams look young and athletic. Our players looked old and heavy. I'm really sad that we sacked Florence for these foreign coaches. What of the likes of Mercy Akide and Co? Just sad.
I noticed the same as well; but you know we Nigerians like to look at the REARVIEW MIRRORS all the time. These madams need to be eased out; but as Nigerians, we will wait until it is too late and the damage is done, before doing the needful.
Falcons problem is not a complicated one. You have an uninterested/injured striker, 3 players that has passed their due dates and 2 players being played out of position. Fix those and you can overcome having an average coach.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bein Sports female commentator; from which Ojuelegba market them come carry this woman in the name of labor rights. The woman is so annoying that I put my TV sound on mute. They probably wanted to have an African female voice to pair the oyinbo voice so them come carry Suleiman wife put there
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

joao wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:17 pmYes, every fan want their team to win. Reality says that in any competition there will be
a winner and loser. For those fans who truly appreciate competition, they watch the matches
with a clear mind to see how the proceedings are going - How the teams are matching up, and
If your team wins by a ten goal margin or the odd lucky goal but played poorly, what's there to
brag about? On the other hand if your team outplayed the opposition but still lost, I hope you
Perspectives differ, but I believe true fans can be realistic and show objectivity.
Wanting your team to win and recognizing the reality of wins and losses are NOT mutually exclusive...
Neither is recognizing such reality and still being annoyed at your team for losing or the coach for SUCKING!
Unless you think that those fans who sometimes chant "[Coach] Out" or "[Owner] Out" are merely fair-weather fans!

Yes, our perspective apparently differ...
We are FANS who want our team to win...
Not members of a CULT who see no wrong!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 pmFalcons problem is not a complicated one. You have an uninterested/injured striker, 3 players that has passed their due dates and 2 players being played out of position. Fix those and you can overcome having an average coach.
Nope, you cannot run away from your own shadow...
Who invites the players, selects the team and installs tactics?! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

joao wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:17 pm Yes, every fan want their team to win. Reality says that in any competition there will be
BTW, the Falcons are NOT our "favored team" but OUR TEAM (big difference)...
A "favored team" is whoever I decided to support at the Nigeria-less Qatar 2022.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:03 pm
joao wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:17 pm Yes, every fan want their team to win. Reality says that in any competition there will be
BTW, the Falcons are NOT our "favored team" but OUR TEAM (big difference)...
A "favored team" is whoever I decided to support at the Nigeria-less Qatar 2022.
You can try twisting and turning words as you wish. I have and stated
my perspective about some fans, and know you have yours too. I don't see
how cultism gets into this argument about fans' outlook on matches and how
asking for an objective perspective leads to this.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

joao wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:17 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:03 pm BTW, the Falcons are NOT our "favored team" but OUR TEAM (big difference)...
You can try twisting and turning words as you wish. I have and stated
my perspective about some fans, and know you have yours too. I don't see
how cultism gets into this argument about fans' outlook on matches and how
asking for an objective perspective leads to this.
Er..as already explained above...
"Favored team" and "our team" is more than just mere semantics.

There's a SUBSTANTIVE difference, particularly in the emotional investment...
Perhaps that's why our 'perspective' differ on the Falcons, as they're merely "a favored team" to you. :mrgreen:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

At 1st they were watchful of our speed and individual brilliance, but then we did do anything and they took over our MF, and executed their plan.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:58 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 pmFalcons problem is not a complicated one. You have an uninterested/injured striker, 3 players that has passed their due dates and 2 players being played out of position. Fix those and you can overcome having an average coach.
Nope, you cannot run away from your own shadow...
Who invites the players, selects the team and installs tactics?! :oops:
How are you sure it’s the coach that invites the players? When you hear team officials saying they stripped Oshoala of the captain band and the coach not commenting.

Besides, nations and clubs have won tournaments and games with a clueless coach in charge.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Do Nigerian footballers still shoot from outside the 18? It seems a rarity these days. Some of the best and most unexpected goals are scored thst way. When you have to pass into the 18 everytime to take a shot at goal, you really make it easy for your opponents sha and make your offense easy to neutralize.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

oscar52 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:41 pm Do Nigerian footballers still shoot from outside the 18? It seems a rarity these days. Some of the best and most unexpected goals are scored thst way. When you have to pass into the 18 everytime to take a shot at goal, you really make it easy for your opponents sha and make your offense easy to neutralize.
For real. It seems our men or women haven’t scored from outside the 18 in a long time. South Africa just scored from outside the box for their second goal against Burundi. At this rate we might struggle against Burundi.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

packerland wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:38 pm
oscar52 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:41 pm Do Nigerian footballers still shoot from outside the 18? It seems a rarity these days. Some of the best and most unexpected goals are scored thst way. When you have to pass into the 18 everytime to take a shot at goal, you really make it easy for your opponents sha and make your offense easy to neutralize.
For real. It seems our men or women haven’t scored from outside the 18 in a long time. South Africa just scored from outside the box for their second goal against Burundi. At this rate we might struggle against Burundi.
Nigeria will struggle against any team in this tournament. Might not even come out of the group if they dont raise dia game.