PINNICK Battling to Save His Job.....5th Columnists May be at work

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
PINNICK Battling to Save His Job.....5th Columnists May be at work

Post by Enugu II »

Pinnick decries campaign of calumny, says he holds President Buhari in high esteem Thank
Posted By: Ayodele Olu Ibidapoon: July 05, 2022In: NIgeria FootballNo Comments Print Email
https://www.thenff.com/2022/07/pinnick- ... eem-thank/

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr Amaju Melvin Pinnick on Tuesday expressed shock at a report in a section of the media, which claimed that he had attacked the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR and the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Hon. Sunday Dare over a perceived aspiration for a third term as President of the NFF.

In a report apparently syndicated but poorly-articulated and highly unprofessional, the FIFA Council Member was alleged to be on a “spending spree” in the media to “tarnish the image of the Minister and also undermine Mr President’s authority to speak about Nigerian football,” without any instance given or any quote attributed to Mr Pinnick.

“This is a clear case of a dirty campaign. I have never given any interview or motivated any media person to write anything about the President’s directives or to insult the Honourable Minister. As I speak, we are making arrangements to hold the Annual General Assembly once the court communicates to our attorney the Notice of Discontinuance of the two cases that have been delaying the convocation of the Congress.
“I could have kept quiet over this kind of silly campaign but it is important to put the record straight and also, I have the highest regards for the person of His Excellency, President Buhari, the Government and its institutions. This is a hatchet job, and such can always happen in political times. The campaigners have failed woefully.”

Pinnick, who is at the ongoing Women Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco, said he is ready to return fire for fire with purveyors of falsehood and half truths, whether they operate day or night, or on legacy or social media.

“It is time to give it in full measure to those who hawk blatant falsehood and spend their days and nights planning evil. It will no longer be business as usual.

“President Buhari has remained an amazing father and lover of Nigeria Football and the National Teams. None of these dirty campaigns by disgruntled persons and haters can have any impact.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: PINNICK Battling to Save His Job.....5th Columnists May be at work

Post by Damunk »

I suspect fabio, danfo driver and vancity!
Yes, I have my evidence which will remain confidential... :idea: :idea: :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Does Uncle Pinnick want to be President for life?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:39 pm Does Uncle Pinnick want to be President for life?
even the buttons on his shirt want to know. those guys look like they have been in prison long enough and want to break free.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:50 pm I suspect fabio, danfo driver and vancity!
Yes, I have my evidence which will remain confidential... :idea: :idea: :idea:
Message to your friend.....

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:39 pm Does Uncle Pinnick want to be President for life?
Aaaah; 1Naija, na you dey ask dis kwesion? No be so we dey do for African nations? Once we enta pawa, we no dey comot until we die, or until dem force us to comot. So yes, Pinnick no wan comot deer yet.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...why does he want to run for a 3rd term, abi after 2 sessions the money chopping and travels is not enough. This guy need to move permanently to London they will welcome him there.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

NFF: Pinnick, Others Lobby Governors For Tenure Extension

Top board members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have intensified moves to extend their tenure.

The tenure of the current NFF board is due to expire in September but recent reports suggested that there are no plans to hold elections this year in Nigeria’s football ruling body as the topshots of the federation are busy meeting seating governors on the platform of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and chieftains of the party to assist in the delay of the federation’s Congress and elections into the board.

A source to the NFF said the Amaju Pinnick-led board are determined to use their close relation with the PDP governors and chieftains of the party to postpone the federation to next year.

“These guys are desperate and it is funny that they do not know that things like this will always be out in public domain.

“Politicians are friends despite different affiliations and that is why their plot has been exposed to APC officials who felt the NFF is undermining the ruling party.

“They plan with the PDP top guns to make sure that the NFF Elections and General Assembly do not hold till February 2023 Presidential General elections. The politicians assured the NFF topshots that they will retain their positions till after their victory in February 2023.”

It was also reliably learnt that the NFF topshots argued that football does not thrive under the Muhammadu Buhari- led government and that it was under a PDP regime that they took over affairs of football.

“They said money was released better during President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime of the PDP unlike now under Buhari.”

It would be recalled that the current board had also tried to use the court cases against the federation as an excuse with a letter to FIFA to allow for tenure extension but to their dismay the court cases have been vacated and the coast is clear for the September Election if the board is ready.

Meanwhile, the football stakeholders have urged the federal government to mandate the anti-corruption agencies EFCC and ICPC to immediately conduct a forensic audit of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), alleging that the football body has been receiving government allocations in millions of dollars annually in the name of Nigeria Football Association (NFA) and spend same in the name of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“We urge the Federal Government to ask EFCC and ICPC to immediately conduct a forensic audit on the NFF and the wanton financial mismanagement and misappropriation going on in the Glass House. They would be shocked to find an unprecedented level of theft.

“All their books are cooked, from the monies received from sponsors, and even the government.”

https://leadership.ng/nff-pinnick-other ... extension/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

amafolas wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:01 pm
even the buttons on his shirt want to know. those guys look like they have been in prison long enough and want to break free.
Brutal!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Amaju might win this battle. This “postponement” was expected.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

amafolas wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:01 pm
My goodness see finishing.... its A GOAL...
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Well, he won the Best Jersey at the World Cup trophy.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:20 am ...why does he want to run for a 3rd term, abi after 2 sessions the money chopping and travels is not enough. This guy need to move permanently to London they will welcome him there.
He’ll probably get arrested if he lives in London, any thing he was doing to survive in Nigeria will be deemed illegal in an organised nation.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI