Aribo to Southampton....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Aribo to Southampton....

Post by The YeyeMan »

I think he could do better......
Southampton close to signing Rangers’ Joe Aribo after Roméo Lavia deal agreed

Southampton are close to a deal to sign Joe Aribo from Rangers for £6m plus add-ons as they prepare to announce Roméo Lavia as a £12m acquisition from Manchester City.

Aribo, a Nigeria international, has been with Rangers since 2019 and previously played in League One for Charlton. The 25-year-old appeared in all 15 of Rangers’ games in the Europa League last season, starting 13, and scored in the final against Eintracht Frankfurt.

He began that match as a centre-forward and is capable of playing in variety of positions in midfield and attack.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ty-signing
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Aribo to Southampton....

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm I think he could do better......
Like which club?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:53 pm
Like which club?
Celtic or Hearts :tic:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Southampton are close to a deal to sign Joe Aribo from Rangers for £6m plus add-ons as they prepare to announce Roméo Lavia as a £12m acquisition from Manchester City.

Aribo, a Nigeria international, has been with Rangers since 2019 and previously played in League One for Charlton. The 25-year-old appeared in all 15 of Rangers’ games in the Europa League last season, starting 13, and scored in the final against Eintracht Frankfurt.

He began that match as a centre-forward and is capable of playing in variety of positions in midfield and attack.

How does City always manage to sell fringe players at a higher rate than other clubs?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:35 pm

How does City always manage to sell fringe players at a higher rate than other clubs?
the same reason sh1t Managers and Directors at PwC, KPMG, Deloitte and EY get CFO positions, while very talented professionals and mid-level firm employees get overlooked. Its the premium.

I once interviewed people at Manager and Director level at the Big4 and I was shocked how daft many of them were. I couldnt believe it!

P.s-- its the same way average footballers in the EPl get sold for premium and players who are drastically better in other leagues go for much less.

Clubs probably assume that if you are signed by city, you are a special talent.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Not my ideal club but if Pierre-Emile Højbjerg can go from Southampton to Spurs starter even with Conte in charge, our boy will be fine.
Few players go from Celtic/Rangers straight to Barca unless you are Henrik Larson.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Like which club?
In the EPL - West Ham or Newcastle; or in La Liga outside the big three.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:53 pm
Like which club?
So why have none of these clubs made a bid for him?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:08 pm

the same reason sh1t Managers and Directors at PwC, KPMG, Deloitte and EY get CFO positions, while very talented professionals and mid-level firm employees get overlooked. Its the premium.

I once interviewed people at Manager and Director level at the Big4 and I was shocked how daft many of them were. I couldnt believe it!

P.s-- its the same way average footballers in the EPl get sold for premium and players who are drastically better in other leagues go for much less.

I don't buy that. He's an academy player. More renowned academies are not getting similar figures...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Joe Aribo Rangers transfer fee 'agreed' as star set for Southampton medical

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... e-27416354

Record Sport first revealed Ralph Hasenhuttl's interest back in December but a January move didn't come to fruition with Gio van Bronckhorst keen to keep him for the Europa League knockout stages. However he has now entered the final year of his contract and after he made it clear to the club he would not sign the deal on the table, they have decided to cash in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:03 pm
Like which club?
Could be any number of reasons.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ferran to Barcelona for €55m was telling...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:31 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:08 pm

I don't buy that. He's an academy player. More renowned academies are not getting similar figures...
cool
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:43 pm
Like which club?
I think the reasons are quite clear. They do NOT want him. West Ham has no space and probably believe they have better players and Newcastle are billionaires looking for midfielders with a different profile -- they also probably believe he is not good enough to start ahead of what they have.

As for Spain, outside the top 5, how many clubs will pay him what Southampton will pay him in pounds?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:57 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:43 pm
Like which club?
I think the reasons are quite clear. They do NOT want him. West Ham has no space and probably believe they have better players and Newcastle are billionaires looking for midfielders with a different profile -- they also probably believe he is not good enough to start ahead of what they have.

As for Spain, outside the top 5, how many clubs will pay him what Southampton will pay him in pounds?
Like I told you, there could be any number of reasons - some of which you've highlighted.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Aribo's move to Southampton completed tonight. We should get the announcement tomorrow.
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:45 pm

I suspect that somewhere down the road, we'll have another Bild leak.

Pereira just transferred to Fulham from ManU for 10mp...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:54 pm

Just a matter of time...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:48 pm

Just a matter of time...

Yea, perhaps at the same time we will also find out how Coutinho left Liverpool for 130m and how Liverpool have had the most expensive GK and CB.

Looking forward to reading it on Bild.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:56 am

Just a matter of time...

Yea, perhaps at the same time we will also find out how Coutinho left Liverpool for 130m and how Liverpool have had the most expensive GK and CB.

You sound confused. The Coutinho transfer is what allowed Liverpool to transform the side by spending on Ali and VVD. That should be straightforward to understand.

Barcelona's crazy over-spending during that period has lead their current financial situation.

What isn't so clear is how certain clubs like Man City and PSG are financing themselves through complex sponsorship deals and questionable accounting methods.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:26 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:56 am

Just a matter of time...

You sound confused. The Coutinho transfer is what allowed Liverpool to transform the side by spending on Ali and VVD. That should be straightforward to understand.

Barcelona's crazy over-spending during that period has lead their current financial situation.

What isn't so clear is how certain clubs like Man City and PSG are financing themselves through complex sponsorship deals and questionable accounting methods.
You sound like a naive child. You think we dont know the numbers? or the deals structure? After all, its still the same Countinho transfer Liverpool used to splash on Nunez and Diaz, right?

Like I said, looking forward to Bild dissecting the Coutinho, VVD, Alisson, Nunez, Diaz and the other Liverpool deals.

I dont have access to City and PSG's P&L or their general books. What gets to me about Liverpool fans, and frankly, one of the reasons most people hate fans of English teams is the disgusting hypocrisy that you guys have. "ey! look at me ! I am holy! I am clean! I dont do things the wrong way! I dont dive! Net spend! net spent! The others are bad bad bad wolves, but I am the clean one." Oh, please shut da foooocck up! Look in your own house first.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sorry. I made the mistake of engaging with you before you've taken your medication.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 am Sorry. I made the mistake of engaging with you before you've taken your medication.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: That is so wrong. Yeyeman Please take it easy I’m at work. :lol:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .