Nigeria vs Burundi(4-0) Ajibade, Efih, Kanu x2 ) Ajibade with like 2 or 3 assists

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Burundi(4-0) Ajibade, Efih, Kanu x2 ) Ajibade with like 2 or 3 assists

Post by Odas »

Hmm, so we are playing Cameroon in the next round?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Burundi(4-0) Ajibade, Efih, Kanu x2 ) Ajibade with like 2 or 3 assists

Post by Odas »

I haven't seen the Cameroonians play, but I am scared of them, at little.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this coach better refresh and start his first starters of this match vs Cameroon because these subs no be am.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

WELL DONE LADIES! :clap:

But apart from the 4th goal…
That second-half was a bore-fest!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Cito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:44 pm I know BP posted a link to Wikipedia which shows they have won it 11 times to dispute my assertion of 9(using BBC count). I am confused now. What is the right number?
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:34 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:31 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:27 pm This commentator and BBC articles keeps saying we have won’t this competition 9 times in 11, does that mean The first 2 editions didn’t count?
Cito,

To you, how many do you think we won? Personally, I can't remember the numbers of times we won, but I know we lost; at least, two of those finals. If my brain is not failing me, I think South Africa won one and Cameroon, or so won another. Still, I could be completely wrong, so don't quote me, please
Equatorial Guinea twice.
Nigeria has won it Nine (9) times.
https://www.ghanamma.com/2022/07/02/waf ... ive%20time.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:55 pm I haven't seen the Cameroonians play, but I am scared of them, at little.
Whatever form Cameroon is at the moment…
They will certainly RAISE their game against Nigeria!

As usual, they have brought a very PHYSICAL team…
And their GK (Ange Bawou) won the Nigerian league with Bayelsa Queens.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:02 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:55 pm I haven't seen the Cameroonians play, but I am scared of them, at little.

>
Kai, wahala dey-ooo!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:27 pm This commentator and BBC articles keeps saying we have won’t this competition 9 times in 11, does that mean The first 2 editions didn’t count?
Cito,

To you, how many do you think we won? Personally, I can't remember the numbers of times we won, but I know we lost; at least, two of those finals. If my brain is not failing me, I think South Africa won one and Cameroon, or so won another. Still, I could be completely wrong, so don't quote me, please
Equatorial Guinea twice.
Only Nigeria (9x) and Equatorial Guinea (2x) have EVER won the WAFCON…
In addition, Nigeria won the first 2 African Championships under a different format.

Interestingly, Equatorial Guinea won it with several Nigerian and Brazilians imports…
Since CAF tightened the nationality eligibility criteria, they’ve fallen off considerably (lost 0-9 to Falcons last year).
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cito

The confusion stems from the fact that there was no final tournament in the first two competitions won by Nigeria. The first two competitions were strictly used to determine the rep to the Women's World Cup and that involved two leg contests between the final two teams. Thereafter a proper tournament was instituted.
Cito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:44 pm I know BP posted a link to Wikipedia which shows they have won it 11 times to dispute my assertion of 9(using BBC count). I am confused now. What is the right number?
Cito,

Equatorial Guinea twice.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

lacidi wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:13 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:12 pm Ebi has been a legendary servant to her country but e do.
She’s slow, has poor control and can’t pass.
Not true. She is slow, yes, but the other points are not true.
Bro, sometimes you’ve got to ponder what some folks are watching…
Ebi is probably the best long-range passer on the team, the Thiago Silva of the Falcons.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:46 pm Maclean is not doing a good job with her chances.
Madam Toothpaste repeatedly kept making the wrong decisions…
Put it down to newbie nerves, but here we’re missing the injured Esther Okoronkwo.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Burundi

Post by Igugu »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:52 pm So wasteful…
Should be 5-0 or 6-0 by now.
This coach needs to drill the (a) The attacking forwards: on "placing the ball" to achieve better goal-scoring chances. (b) the Defense: to thread the balls to the midfield or attacking forwards to give them a better run on the opponents' defense and goal-scoring chances.

They must cut down on "Route One" football. Against South Africa and Cameroon, Falcons may be found wanting if they don't learn to how control balls effectively, give short passes especially in and close to the opponents' 18-yard box, and a better one on one management of the ball. Tell them football is not all about running 100 Miles an hour without good end result.

The coach must get to work, please.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Can we please stop with the imitation Ronaldo goal celebrations ( 2nd goal)?

The great nation that platformed Afrobeats, Prince Nico Mbarga (top selling song ever), and Dizzy K. Falola cannot be importing football dances :mad: .
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Igugu wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:11 am
This coach needs to drill the (a) The attacking forwards: on "placing the ball" to achieve better goal-scoring chances. (b) the Defense: to thread the balls to the midfield or attacking forwards to give them a better run on the opponents' defense and goal-scoring chances.

They must cut down on "Route One" football. Against South Africa and Cameroon, Falcons may be found wanting if they don't learn to how control balls effectively, give short passes especially in and close to the opponents' 18-yard box, and a better one on one management of the ball. Tell them football is not all about running 100 Miles an hour without good end result.

Not normally a fan of "Route One" football...
But it was WORKING on Sunday, and you stick with what's working.

The real acid test for Coach Randy is...
Does he have tools in his quiver to switch things around when required.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:14 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:13 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:12 pm Ebi has been a legendary servant to her country but e do.
She’s slow, has poor control and can’t pass.
Not true. She is slow, yes, but the other points are not true.
Bro, sometimes you’ve got to ponder what some folks are watching…
Ebi is probably the best long-range passer on the team, the Thiago Silva of the Falcons.
That wasn’t really about good long range passing. Yeah, the long ball out wide worked most of the time but it didn’t need real accuracy with Ajigbade and Uchenna having such dominance of the BDI full backs. And her short and mid range passing will need to be a factor in other games.

Here’s my overall point though: she’s been so good for us but the decline is palpable and against fast, skilled attackers as we’ll soon meet, she’s a liability.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

iworo wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:46 am
Underrated, unfussy. I like her a lot.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:58 am

KPOM. The high line used by opponents justified the use of route one and it worked with the faster Falcons repeatedly getting behind the line. Its effectiveness led to the opponents switching the left side of the line before interval after it became a serious problem it was a perfect response to the opponents in this particular game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:02 pm

>
Stereotype. You have not even seen them play.
Rest assured, I think the falcons will defeat the Lionesse. We are talking of a team that couldn't
even beat a very weak Togo team, they are just not good at all except they dramatically
improve which I think will not happen because they are a poorly coached team lacking in
the fundamentals of the game.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:39 am
Gotti wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:58 am

KPOM. The high line used by opponents justified the use of route one and it worked with the faster Falcons repeatedly getting behind the line. Its effectiveness led to the opponents switching the left side of the line before interval after it became a serious problem it was a perfect response to the opponents in this particular game.
...route one can be good if the striker can control the ball when lobed to her.
Many times we saw the runner miss controlling the ball hence defenders catch up or the goalie thwart them.
Good example, Oshoala's first miss control vs South Africa could have been the first goal.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

We need to be more clinical. That Burundi team was like an under 15, they needed to have chopped at least 10 goals.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The coach was saying that some players have already played 90 mins in 2 games and needed a rest. I hope he didn't rest Ordega yesterday just so she can play in the quarter final. I think he should leave that Onumonu, Kanu and Ajibade frontline alone.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:25 pm We need to be more clinical. That Burundi team was like an under 15, they needed to have chopped at least 10 goals.
More clinical, I agree but beyond that, our girls are professionals and I hope they know they cannot underestimate any opponent, under 15 or not, like we fans do❗️

Cheers.