It's really criminal!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
It's really criminal!!!

Post by highbury »

It's really criminal to invest more money in SE than the falcons. Falcons are so much more successful than the SE, it's not even close.
Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: It's really criminal!!!

Post by Thunder »

highbury wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:41 pm It's really criminal to invest more money in SE than the falcons. Falcons are so much more successful than the SE, it's not even close.
O ya! Start an equal pay campaign for them a la US Soccer. :)
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Is the women World Cup substantively the mens equivalent ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the return of investment on the men nah failure sha.. The Super Falcons have reached the last 4 of every single WAFCON
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thunder wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:56 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:41 pm It's really criminal to invest more money in SE than the falcons. Falcons are so much more successful than the SE, it's not even close
O ya! Start an equal pay campaign for them a la US Soccer. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly, I think we should properly and wisely invest on both teams. However, what 'properly' means in the case of our men's team, appears to depend on who you ask.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:25 am the return of investment on the men nah failure sha.. The Super Falcons have reached the last 4 of every single WAFCON
Bigpokey24,

On a face value, you are correct the return on investment is way better with our ladies compared to our men. However, let's also be honest with ourselves and remember our men's record is not bad, either.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

highbury wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:41 pm It's really criminal to invest more money in SE than the falcons. Falcons are so much more successful than the SE, it's not even close.
Ridiculous
Apples and Oranges.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

These pictures succinctly tells it better... :oops:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:25 am the return of investment on the men nah failure sha.. The Super Falcons have reached the last 4 of every single WAFCON
So did the men until .......

Anyways comparing men to women's football is asinine.

There is a reason China is a major player in women's football, yet when it comes to the men......
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:18 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:25 amthe return of investment on the men nah failure sha.. The Super Falcons have reached the last 4 of every single WAFCON

There is a reason China is a major player in women's football, yet when it comes to the men......
Nope! They did not under Germans Lazy Betty and Gottlieb Göller...
In contrast, the Super Falcons have not only qualified for 12 straight WAFCON s-finals but ALL 9 WCs EVER PLAYED!

Not to mention the "small matter" of 11 (out of 13 ever played) African championships...
But I forget you're one of those many Nigerians who denigrate success (cue Keshi 2013) and worship FAILURES! SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:21 am These pictures succinctly tells it better... :oops:

Dang! Is that their championship parade bus? 😔
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

It's not a problem unique to Nigeria. Happening in the US too.

Unfortunately it's more about popularity and how much revenue you generate than how successful you are. Other than tennis I can't think of any sport in which the popularity of the women's game is comparable to the men's. And even that was largely due to the Williams' sisters and when they were at the peak of their prime.

The gap is closing though now that there's more competition and games are now competitive, and there are much fewer blowout games.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:18 am

What’s the reason?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:11 am It's not a problem unique to Nigeria. Happening in the US too.

Unfortunately it's more about popularity and how much revenue you generate than how successful you are. Other than tennis I can't think of any sport in which the popularity of the women's game is comparable to the men's. And even that was largely due to the Williams' sisters and when they were at the peak of their prime.

The gap is closing though now that there's more competition and games are now competitive, and there are much fewer blowout games.
Egalitarian treatment does not mean identical treatment...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:36 am
theYemster wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:11 am It's not a problem unique to Nigeria. Happening in the US too.

Egalitarian treatment does not mean identical treatment...
Yep.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Don't title IX protection mean both the Men and Women's US teams have equal investment?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

SE generate more money for the NFF. But I do agree with you the NFF shoulid invest more money in the womens game. Improve the league, grassroots, and coaching.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:26 am
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:21 am These pictures succinctly tells it better... :oops:

Dang! Is that their championship parade bus? 😔
...damn shame in Nigeria. They use cattle truck to parade champions :( :(
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Aaaahh Aaaahhh.. Na wah ooooo Cattle trailer for Africa Championship celebration? Abeg what do you expect. Look who is running the country. You will understand why. You cant give what you dont have. To them thats a complete luxurious b us from where they came from... Animals in human skin....
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TheYemster,

You think men natioal team in USA generates more revenue than the USA women national soccer team? How so?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I think you have to consider who draws the the more fans, interests and money; not just the titles.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:21 am

TheYemster,

You think men natioal team in USA generates more revenue than the USA women national soccer team? How so?
I think so, even though the US women's team is very popular. Overall, men's football is still more popular and profitable globally.

It's like in pro basketball, the most successful WNBA team is still not as valuable as the least valuable NBA team. Would you rather own the LA Sparks, or the New Orleans Pelicans; Arsenal Ladies or Southampton?

It's a choice between having a big slice of a small pie, or a small slice of a big pie.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Agbako wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:59 am Aaaahh Aaaahhh.. Na wah ooooo Cattle trailer for Africa Championship celebration? Abeg what do you expect. Look who is running the country. You will understand why. You cant give what you dont have. To them thats a complete luxurious b us from where they came from... Animals in human skin....
The thing weak me self. We in diaspora are getting ready to defend & fight anyone that calls our country poor(you know them African stereotypes), yet our people in charge always gives them reasons to make fun of us. They were better off putting the girls in the team bus and having them wave out the window.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .