A new generation of SE stars is now shaping up

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
A new generation of SE stars is now shaping up

Post by Tobi17 »

And we couldn't have asked for a better coach to manage this bristling talents than Peseiro, yes DNQ still badly hurts, but I would rather we
dig in deep and reshuffle our cards, than go to Qatar to pull off our customary 3 games and back embarrassing showing.

Bassey (Ajax)

Ishaq Abdulrazak (Anderlecht)

Malcolm Ebiowei (Crystal Palace)

Raphael Onyedika (Midtjylland)

Jordan Torunarigha (West ham?)

Tom dele Bashiru ( Reading fc)

Ebuehi ( Empoli)

Awoniyi ( Nottingham Forrest)

Bright Osayi Samuel (Fernabahce)

Alhassan Yusuf ( Antwerp)

Daniel Daga (U20 wafu champion).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: A new generation of SE stars is now shaping up

Post by Damunk »

You speak of a “new generation”, but the current squad isn’t exactly packed with veterans.
Aside from our central defence which we all agree needs an overhaul, who are the ‘old cargoes’ in the squad implied by your thread title? Unless you don’t really mean ‘generation’ in the true sense.

Musa alone seems to have cast a larger-than-life shadow across the whole squad as if he is representative, but he is not and is just one person.
If we get much younger, we will be pushing kindergarten level. We still need experience in the mix. It’s invaluable. Ebiowei for instance is barely 18 years old!

All we need is genuine competition for every spot regardless of age rather than looking or adopting a “new generation” mindset.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

How many months salary are we owing Pesseiro? Just asking. :tic:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:28 pm How many months salary are we owing Pesseiro? Just asking. :tic:
I see what you did there however because you are worried and concerned that salary payment issues of the past doesn’t hunt as again doesn’t mean it would
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...at the end of the day, a no name fighters based in Africa will give them a tough time, and deny them qualification.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Abdulrazak starting for Anderlect

Could've gotten a red card there...

Will have to play with a YC for the next 85mins
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Straight red card for Abdulrazak

not even a 2nd YC...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

txj wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:36 pm Straight red card for Abdulrazak

not even a 2nd YC...
Bad start. I hope they don’t relegate him to the bench after he serves his ban.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."