Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco 1 vs Nigeria 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:53 pm Did you even watch the game?
jette1 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:50 pm
uglyoneiamagain wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm Our keeper made a lot of right decisions regards the directions of the penalties but those Moroccans played those things like Germans and Italians :rotf:
Which kind right decision
She is the reason we lost
Yes, on 3 different screens for that matter because I had to tune off the stupid Nigerian woman on commentary;
Chiamaka was not herself today, how many times did she spill the ball ? And she looked more like uzoho on the goal scored against us to equalize
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It wasn't her best game, however, she is still a quality keeper. It's ok give the opposition credit when they deserve it. Morocco is a quality team though they are not clinical.
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 pm Dude, they all deserve our praise.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm Chiamaka isn't good enough
And why the heck did the coach leave Onumonu to take the PK? She was gassed out long before extra time!

Anyway very valiant effort by the girls, this Moroccan team is very average I won't lie.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:06 amIt wasn't her best game, however, she is still a quality keeper. It's ok give the opposition credit when they deserve it. Morocco is a quality team though they are not clinical.
We beat ourselves tonight...
Because Morocco only looked a "quality team" when we went down to 9 players.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:04 am
uglyoneiamagain wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm Our keeper made a lot of right decisions regards the directions of the penalties but those Moroccans played those things like Germans and Italians :rotf:
Yes, on 3 different screens for that matter because I had to tune off the stupid Nigerian woman on commentary;
Chiamaka was not herself today, how many times did she spill the ball ? And she looked more like uzoho on the goal scored against us to equalize
Based on what I saw of her today, she is NOT good at all. Maybe she will do better in another day and convince me today was a bad day in the office for her
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:09 am
olu wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:06 amIt wasn't her best game, however, she is still a quality keeper. It's ok give the opposition credit when they deserve it. Morocco is a quality team though they are not clinical.
They only looked a "quality team" when we went down to 9 players...
Exactly! Otherwise, we pocketed and was playing them half-field all game, except for the first 10 minutes of the first half, or so
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

KPOM!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 amBased on what I saw of her today, she is NOT good at all. Maybe she will do better in another day and convince me today was a bad day in the office for her
She's head and shoulder our BEST GK and one of the BEST in the continent...
She is also one of the BEST in France, if we are to go by the GK's award she won this past season.

Conceding barely 1 goal in 4 tournament games is hardly disastrous! SMH
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Because Morocco only looked a "quality team" when we went down to 9 players
Even so, they were still not good enough to score in regulation time. We had to drag them to extra time, then to shoot-out and eventually they won
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons( i blame the bad luck of Buhari)

Post by theYemster »

The girl who missed the pk, why stand that close to the ball only to place it to the goalie's near side? It takes really special players to do that, and you're not that. Step back and give yourself a better chance.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:15 am
Odas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 amBased on what I saw of her today, she is NOT good at all. Maybe she will do better in another day and convince me today was a bad day in the office for her
She's head and shoulder our BEST GK and one of the BEST in the continent...
She is also one of the BEST in France, if we are to go by the GK's award she won this past season.

Conceding barely 1 goal in 4 tournament games is hardly disastrous! SMH
Then what happened to her today? I thought with all her nervousness and jittering, she will redeem herself during the penalty shoot-out to prove a point to people like me who never saw her in the past, or in other games.
chopachop
Egg
Egg
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons

Post by chopachop »

Odas wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm They did their best for us. They made us proud.
They did very well. I am proud of them
They didn't do very well. what did they do in the first half when it was 11 against 11.
The moroccans were utter rubbish and to think somebody talked about their slick passing
and off-ball movement. Their shooting and passing was attrocius. It is really scary to think
such a team made it to the finals and will be going to the WC. God bless Africa at the WC.
Heavy touches and passing, Shooting and defence splitting passes of all the teams is so bad
hence the reason for the low scoring matches. Low football IQ, poor reading of the game
It would seem most teams are scoring by chance rather than through coordinated play.
There are some here trying to compare the falcons to the male team and asking for parity.
It is like comparing night and day. Even as a neutral I find watching the Wafcon so hard because
of the elementary school kid errors. It is really not for the faint hearted to watch.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons( i blame the bad luck of Buhari)

Post by jette1 »

It’s not about any these; the Ref basically killed off a good game. If you look R any tackle on VAR it’s going to look worse that it actually is
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 am
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm They did their best for us. They made us proud.
They didn't do very well. what did they do in the first half when it was 11 against 11.
The moroccans were utter rubbish and to think somebody talked about their slick passing
and off-ball movement. Their shooting and passing was attrocius. It is really scary to think
such a team made it to the finals and will be going to the WC. God bless Africa at the WC.
Heavy touches and passing, Shooting and defence splitting passes of all the teams is so bad
hence the reason for the low scoring matches. Low football IQ, poor reading of the game
It would seem most teams are scoring by chance rather than through coordinated play.
There are some here trying to compare the falcons to the male team and asking for parity.
It is like comparing night and day. Even as a neutral I find watching the Wafcon so hard because
of the elementary school kid errors. It is really not for the faint hearted to watch.
Ok, but we sent you (Cameroon) into play offs mess :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You should be concerned of the team you will play next to make it to Australia/New Zealand :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

They were worst than even Togo when playing with a 2 player advantage, It wonders
me how some people watch matches whether they do under the influence. I lost track
of the number of times the moroccans gave the ball away with no nigerian player within
3 meters. Most of their play was n the left side, they are so clueless switching play and
stretching the falcons.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 am It’s not about any these; the Ref basically killed off a good game. If you look R any tackle on VAR it’s going to look worse that it actually is
From your point, Jette1, would you say the referee is NOT experienced enough to official this level of game?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Oh well! Goodnight, folks
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

olu wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:06 am It wasn't her best game, however, she is still a quality keeper. It's ok give the opposition credit when they deserve it. Morocco is a quality team though they are not clinical.
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 pm Dude, they all deserve our praise.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm Chiamaka isn't good enough
And why the heck did the coach leave Onumonu to take the PK? She was gassed out long before extra time!

Anyway very valiant effort by the girls, this Moroccan team is very average I won't lie.
If you say they are a quality team then I don't know what quality means.
Go and rewatch the match and count the number of misplaced passes under
no pressure at all with the nearest nigerian player being miles a way. Lets
not even talk about their shooting, just like every other team atrocius to say the
least.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:46 pm Onumonu fall hand ooo❗️

Cheers.
She worked hard during the game. Yes she could have taken a better pk. Nice effort by the team though. South Africa will crush Morocco.
SA, I thought they were good, they might pass the ball better than other
teams but clueless also in the final third hence the reason that they have not
been scoring. Zambia was the better team and were outdone by that fake penalty
decision in the dying minute, well the Caf president was watching and they were just
making sure he left happy.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you did not see all the saves she made to keep us in the game? We were unlucky not to win the game even with 9 women. If Gift's shot that hit the bar had gone in, on one would be questioning her performance.
jette1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:04 am
Last edited by 1naija on Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:57 pm That said - some harsh truths regarding the red cards.

Ayinde is a bloody angel* for that red card. That incident was disgraceful. There is no excuse for that shiite.

Ajibade - dear Lord. That was a reckless tackle. The Moroccan player milked it but we would have been screaming for a red if it was on a Nigerian player.

We have no one to blame for the reds but ourselves. Poor decision making.
Waoh what an honest and objective Naijaman.
Most just support blindly and don't even look at the play so far
as the team wins no problem, they are world beaters only to complain
when the team losses to a better opposition the next game. Really shortsighted.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Odas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:21 am
chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 am
Ok, but we sent you (Cameroon) into play offs mess :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You should be concerned of the team you will play next to make it to Australia/New Zealand :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go and check all my threads even when the won, I have been critical of the Cameroon
team and the coach from the first right till they rightfully lost to the falcons. I hold
the Falcons and the Lioness at a higher standard because they are supposed to be a
class or two above the other teams with a shallow Wafcon history. The Falcons are just
marginally better and went unpunished in this WAfcon because the opposition was rubbish
at the WC that won't be the case.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

I am African and want all the African reoresentative to do well at the WC, If Cameroon
doesn't qualify it doesn't bother me because I know they didn't qualify because they weren't
good.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:42 am Waoh what an honest and objective Naijaman.
Most just support blindly and don't even look at the play so far
as the team wins no problem, they are world beaters only to complain
when the team losses to a better opposition the next game. Really shortsighted.
First, objectivity is MEANINGLESS drivel in SUBJECTIVE matters like football performance...

Nonetheless, while the 2 red cards are an objective fact...
Whether they were "deserved" is however a SUBJECTIVE opinion (and I personally think they were).

Finally, CE is THANKFULLY not an echo chamber and is ENRICHED by the diversity of opinions...
Just because you hold DIFFERENT OPINIONS from others doesn't make yours objective/honest nor theirs subjective/dishonest.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL