Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons( i blame the bad luck of Buhari)

Post by Gotti »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:53 am I am African and want all the African reoresentative to do well at the WC, If Cameroon
doesn't qualify it doesn't bother me because I know they didn't qualify because they weren't
good.
And if Nigeria did not qualify...
It would bother those of us who "know" (I hope you actually meant 'think') they're good enough.

You see how a diversity of OPINIONS work in a DISCUSSION forum. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons( i blame the bad luck of Buhari)

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:26 am
chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:42 am Waoh what an honest and objective Naijaman.
Most just support blindly and don't even look at the play so far
as the team wins no problem, they are world beaters only to complain
when the team losses to a better opposition the next game. Really shortsighted.
First, objectivity is MEANINGLESS drivel in SUBJECTIVE matters like football performance...

Nonetheless, while the 2 red cards are an objective fact...
Whether they were "deserved" is however a SUBJECTIVE opinion (and I personally think they were).

Finally, CE is THANKFULLY not an echo chamber and is ENRICHED by the diversity of opinions...
Just because you hold DIFFERENT OPINIONS from others doesn't make yours objective/honest nor theirs subjective/dishonest
Gotti,

Thanks a lot for responding to 'chopachop.' I hope he/she understands your point, and move-on
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Kanu) 2 reds for our Super Falcons

Post by Kneedeep »

:clap:
The ladies gave their all mentally and technically. One day we will once again see this level of commitment in the Super Eagles.

P.S. Let us not hear any twaddle about unpaid match bonuses, the team deserves every last penny. Pay up!
Advocating rational thought since 1987
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm Buhari nah real bad luck president
Might be true but Picnic isn’t lucky charms himself. Under him we have missed WC for our senior team, under 17 & U-20, failed to reach semi of AFCON in God knows how long & missed Olympics for both mean and women. Now we fail to win a competition that we’ve won anywhere other than when hosted by E.Guinea.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:26 am
chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:42 am Waoh what an honest and objective Naijaman.
First, objectivity is MEANINGLESS drivel in SUBJECTIVE matters like football performance...

Nonetheless, while the 2 red cards are an objective fact...
Whether they were "deserved" is however a SUBJECTIVE opinion (and I personally think they were).

Finally, CE is THANKFULLY not an echo chamber and is ENRICHED by the diversity of opinions...
Just because you hold DIFFERENT OPINIONS from others doesn't make yours objective/honest nor theirs subjective/dishonest.
True words.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Regardless of how one feels about this game and the outcome, one truth remains unimpeachable. Africa has caught up with Nigeria in women’s football and the SuperFalcons must improve drastically to remain dominant in African football❗️

Cheers.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:42 am
Cristao II wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:57 pm That said - some harsh truths regarding the red cards.

Ayinde is a bloody angel* for that red card. That incident was disgraceful. There is no excuse for that shiite.

Ajibade - dear Lord. That was a reckless tackle. The Moroccan player milked it but we would have been screaming for a red if it was on a Nigerian player.

We have no one to blame for the reds but ourselves. Poor decision making.
Waoh what an honest and objective Naijaman.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:54 am Regardless of how one feels about this game and the outcome, one truth remains unimpeachable. Africa has caught up with Nigeria in women’s football and the SuperFalcons must improve drastically to remain dominant in African football❗️

Cheers.
...football has truly regressed in Nigeria, both the national teams and domestic clubs, with poor management.
I felt sorry for the Falcons because I knew they will lose as the 2nd half progressed.
The fighting spirit was gone after the red cards, they felt psychologically defeated as the Marocs pinned them to our half.
Even during the pk shootout, it struck me Onumunu might miss.
If she had not missed and it went to sudden death, we'll still lose. The jittery was too evident.
I was betting SF will beat the north African women, well it look like the Moroccans imported well trained players born and breed from Europe.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:40 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:54 am Regardless of how one feels about this game and the outcome, one truth remains unimpeachable. Africa has caught up with Nigeria in women’s football and the SuperFalcons must improve drastically to remain dominant in African football❗️

Cheers.
...football has truly regressed in Nigeria, both the national teams and domestic clubs, with poor management.
I felt sorry for the Falcons because I knew they will lose as the 2nd half progressed.
The fighting spirit was gone after the red cards, they felt psychologically defeated as the Marocs pinned them to our half.
If she had not missed and it went to sudden death, we'll still lose. The jittery was too evident.
I was betting SF will beat the north African women, well it look like the Moroccans imported well trained players born and breed from Europe.
Have you considered it was YOUR fighting spirit that was crushed after the red cards?
Those girls fought first with one player short and then two players short for maybe 50mins in total and still held the Moroccans at bay.

A 'defeated' team couldnt have done that bro.
Na beans? :idea: :idea: :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:01 pm

Cheers.
Have you considered it was YOUR fighting spirit that was crushed after the red cards?
Those girls fought first with one player short and then two players short for maybe 50mins in total and still held the Moroccans at bay.

Damunk

Some analysis can be truly shocking. If any thing the girls showed an incredible fighting spirit even coming close a few times inspite of playing two players less. Yesterday, if anything we should all applaud their INCREDIBLE FIGHTING SPIRIT in such circumstance. To even get this game to the stage of pk tiebreaker spoke volumes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Cheers.
I told them before the match that Morocco is here to stay. Those Moroccan ladies are not your typical Hijab head covering type. Those girls are first generation Moroccans that were either born in France or Belgium. It’s like their coach fielded 10 midfielders with their slick passing. That’s why I felt confident by that we will attack them. They all can be good offensively and defensively.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cheers.
Pretty much.

Just like we've come a long way since we use to get slaughtered 8-0 by the likes of Norway, so also have the rest of Africa made progress.

However, we also need to acknowledge the fact that we lost our top scorer barely a few minutes into the tourney, plus playing the semis against the host nation, down two players. So this was a heck of an effort by the girls.

It just kinda stings a bit that it took a sloppy pk. The girl's position was bad, when you consider the fact that she must've been gassed from playing two players down for an hour. So she should've stepped back and given herself room to run. That's why her kick was tame. I knew she was gonna miss when I saw her positioning.

Pitt.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And not red cards to just any players, but to arguably the 2 best players on the team!

Cheers.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, Africa has caught up to a 9 women Nigerian team. Or did the akpeteshi make you see a full 11 women team?

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Cheers.
Na only football? Nigeria, as an entity has regressed. Everything is interconnected. It’s deeper than just football.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Our ladies showed more guts and grit than any other Nigerian team I have know since the 'Miracle of Damaan' match.
Can't fault them for the loss, especially when playing 9 vs. 13 (including the lasering crowd and especially the all-Arab VAR team).

Massive respect to our ladies!!
Enugu II wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Cheers.

Damunk

Some analysis can be truly shocking. If any thing the girls showed an incredible fighting spirit even coming close a few times inspite of playing two players less. Yesterday, if anything we should all applaud their INCREDIBLE FIGHTING SPIRIT in such circumstance. To even get this game to the stage of pk tiebreaker spoke volumes.
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: Morocco(5) 1 vs Nigeria(4) 1(Buhari's bad luck strikes again )

Post by Agbako »

I wept watching the highlights of yesterday game. So CAF have taken a leaf from FIFA. Home teams must win by all means to keep the stadium crowd going. Very sad indeed. Deliberate Red Cards that makes no sense whatsoever to the( 2) best players in a team. A very good target by the CAF officials.

Before anybody say pim here. I work with FIFA before I know how it goes. Not taking anything from the Moroccan girls. But I am sorry you are not as good as our 9 players . You can take that to your grave. Nigerian Girls are superstars to fight with all they got for 120 mins. You are CHAMPS in my book...
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cheers.
I felt sorry for the Falcons because.
:-x If she had not missed and it went to sudden death, we'll still lose. The jittery was too evident.
Mcal,

We were pinned down in our half after we lost two players, but before then, we played Morocco in their own half of the field the entire first half, except for the first 10 minutes.

Before the game yesterday, I said the Moroccans are good and so, I am scared of them. My statement or belief was based on what I saw them do during their game with Botswana.

However, in yesterday's game, our ladies made Morocco look 'ordinary.' We lost because we lost two of our players, else I doubt Morocco would have survived. I dare say it wouldn't have gotten to extra time if we had our 11 players on the pitch.

After [about] the first 10 minutes of the first half, Morocco couldn't get out of their own half of the field. Their fans (the stadium) was as quiet as graveyard.

Bros, if you can, please rewatch the game and I bet you your position will be changed with ease
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Agbako wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:45 pm I wept watching the highlights of yesterday game. So CAF have taken a leaf from FIFA. Home teams must win by all means to keep the stadium crowd going. Very sad indeed. Deliberate Red Cards that makes no sense whatsoever to the( 2) best players in a team. A very good target by the CAF officials.

Before anybody say pim here. I work with FIFA before I know how it goes. Not taking anything from the Moroccan girls. But I am sorry you are not as good as our 9 players . You can take that to your grave. Nigerian Girls are superstars to fight with all they got for 120 mins. You are CHAMPS in my book...
Perhaps that's what happened and hence we were red carded twice, but the same offense committed by a Moroccan player only earned her a Yellow card, instead of Red.

Agbako, your point gained more weight when one recalls the stadium is always full each time the Moroccan's played and to maximize profit, any team trying to beat them must be dealt with :lol: :lol: :lol: Thus, after the first half, CAF became scared - I suppose - and did something about it to ensure the Stadium is filled in the final game.

Well, I am just joking, but who knows, maybe such happened and hence we lost two of our players in the game. There was a time the referee was even consulting VAR for a possible THIRD Red card against us.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cheers.
I don’t think there’s anything in yesterday’s game that suggests football has regressed in Nigeria. I was merely pointing out that Women’s football in the rest of Africa has progressed at a very rapid rate, evidenced by the fact that we once beat Morocco 8 - 0. As for the SuperFalcons, all they had left, after 2 red cards, was their fighting spirit. I honestly didn’t think they would survive the rest of the 90 minutes plus extra time. Those ladies were truly awesome❗️

Cheers.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

After the two red cards I expected the Moroccans to win in regulation
The fact that we took them 120 minutes into a lottery and lost tells me the resilience of the ladies
I wish the Eagles had this zeal also
It also tells me we were the better side, remember we were playing the host

Nothing sore though, congrats to the Moroccans who did what they had to do
We are still at the world cup so there is a lot of lessons to take on board

See you at the Mundial
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 pm

Cheers.
I don’t think there’s anything in yesterday’s game that suggests football has regressed in Nigeria. I was merely pointing out that Women’s football in the rest of Africa has progressed at a very rapid rate, evidenced by the fact that we once beat Morocco 8 - 0. As for the SuperFalcons, all they had left, after 2 red cards, was their fighting spirit. I honestly didn’t think they would survive the rest of the 90 minutes plus extra time. Those ladies were truly awesome❗️

Cheers.
...not only the loss yesterday, SE not qualifying for world cup and failure to progress at afcon. Then the youth level, and local league. It's a mess.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:51 pm

Cheers.
I felt sorry for the Falcons because.
:-x If she had not missed and it went to sudden death, we'll still lose. The jittery was too evident.
Mcal,

We were pinned down in our half after we lost two players, but before then, we played Morocco in their own half of the field the entire first half, except for the first 10 minutes.

Before the game yesterday, I said the Moroccans are good and so, I am scared of them. My statement or belief was based on what I saw them do during their game with Botswana.

However, in yesterday's game, our ladies made Morocco look 'ordinary.' We lost because we lost two of our players, else I doubt Morocco would have survived. I dare say it wouldn't have gotten to extra time if we had our 11 players on the pitch.

After [about] the first 10 minutes of the first half, Morocco couldn't get out of their own half of the field. Their fans (the stadium) was as quiet as graveyard.

Bros, if you can, please rewatch the game and I bet you your position will be changed with ease
...true true, we had them during the first half, and it pained me so much we did not score one or more goals to kill off their spirit.