MUSA: On Keshi's special leadership skilll.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
MUSA: On Keshi's special leadership skilll.......

Post by Enugu II »

Musa reveals Keshi’s special move that helped Super Eagles win 2013 AFCON
https://soccernet.ng/2022/07/musa-revea ... afcon.html
Rilwan Balogun by Rilwan Balogun 8 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria 0

Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has revealed the things that made his former coach in the national team stand out

Musa said he has played under a number of coaches in the Super Eagles but he considers the legendary Nigerian coach and captain, Stephen Keshi his favourite.

The Fatih Karagumruk forward was a member of the conquering 2013 AFCON team and said Keshi did something special for the players that increased their determination to succeed.

”I’ll say Stephen Keshi is like my father. Anytime we have a game, he’d call me into his room and tell me I know you can do this and I believe in you,” he told Arise TV.

“He always called each of his players one-by-one to talk to them before every game. I think that was what helped us to win that AFCON (2013) because any game we wanted to play, he called us one-by-one to his room and spoke to us. May his soul Rest In Peace and we always have to remember that great man for what he did.”

Keshi also took Musa to the 2014 World Cup for the first time and the player scored a brace against Argentina to equal Nigeria’s highest ever goals return at the time.

His brace against Iceland in 2018 stamped his place as Nigeria’s top scorer at the World Cup with four goals.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MUSA: On Keshi's special leadership skilll.......

Post by vancity eagle »

Keshi largely dropped Musa from the starting lineup of that ANC winning team preferring to play a player out of position than to play Musa.

Maybe Keshi knew something all along.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm Keshi largely dropped Musa from the starting lineup of that ANC winning team preferring to play a player out of position than to play Musa.

He played himself off the starting lineup being too damn selfish, he had his chances the first couple of games but wasn’t efficient, and when Moses came back from suspension meant his chances went down even more. Same thing happened to Nosa/Ogude and good thing about Keshi was he didn’t care if you were local or Europe based young or old, as long as you could give him what he wanted like Mba and Onazi did…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm Keshi largely dropped Musa from the starting lineup of that ANC winning team preferring to play a player out of position than to play Musa.

Why did I know you will be first to comment about Keshi. You insulted him, you impugned his motives and straight up lied to make your point. Honestly, you are a very bad person. I hope and pray that you repent and be decent.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

He knew something you can never understand. He knew how to be a DECENT human being!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:47 am

He knew something you can never understand. He knew how to be a DECENT human being!
Kai! You have keeled VE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."