Calvin Bassey at Ajax Preseason

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Apologize, as was not able to post the video from the Ajax Amsterdam website.
The link should take you to the 10min video.
Enjoy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calvin Bassey at Ajax Preseason

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:24 pm Calvin Bassey at Ajax Preseason

Apologize, as was not able to post the video from the Ajax Amsterdam website.
The link should take you to the 10min video.
Enjoy
Great interview, really happy for the boy you can see the genuine excitement he has to be playing for Ajax. Glad he's very expressive and eloquent.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Solid center back and I am convinced he has sealed one of the Nigerian center back spots. The question is who partners him long term at the other spot.

Right now, I feel Bassey, Iwobi, and Osimhen are in their spots long term under Peseiro. The rest must prove themselves going forward.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:20 pm Solid center back and I am convinced he has sealed one of the Nigerian center back spots. The question is who partners him long term at the other spot.

Right now, I feel Bassey, Iwobi, and Osimhen are in their spots long term under Peseiro. The rest must prove themselves going forward.
Ndidi? Since we have many up-and-coming CMFs and DFs, maybe it is time to move #4 back to defence?
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:20 pm Solid center back and I am convinced he has sealed one of the Nigerian center back spots. The question is who partners him long term at the other spot.

The season has not started and he has not played a single match fo Ajax.
Sealing a move to a renown team doesn't mean the player automatically earns
a spot in the NT, the player has to earn his place in the NT with his performance
for his club and when playing for the NT. An assembly of players from big clubs
doesn't automatically means success. Football is team sports and how the team trains
and plays is what matters.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gadfly wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Ndidi? Since we have many up-and-coming CMFs and DFs, maybe it is time to move #4 back to defence?
I mentioned my misgivings about Ndidi and his future. Note he has not played a second under Peseiro!!! Those injuries, In my view, mean that you cannot simply count on him or his availability.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What's the basis of this conclusion? It can't be because of his performances for Nigeria so far. I think Ajayi is ahead of him as a SE CB do far.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:06 am What's the basis of this conclusion? It can't be because of his performances for Nigeria so far. I think Ajayi is ahead of him as a SE CB do far.

It is based on his performance for SE and a projection based on the trajectory of his development so far. Ajayi would not equal that at all....
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chopachop wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:44 pm

a spot in the NT, the player has to earn his place in the NT with his performance
doesn't automatically means success. Football is team sports and how the team trains
Ajax? Why? Since when has starting for a club determined someone's starting position for Nigeria? Ask Ekong, Balogun, or Ajayi. So why would Ekong be different?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EII, you are talking from both sides on the mouth here. First you gave him of the CD spots for the SE solely based on this announcement. Now you are saying playing for Ajax should not be the criteria.

As far as I am concerned, his performances for the SE did not show him to be better than any of the CDs we currently have. That does not mean he can't or won't be better.
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 am

Ajax? Why? Since when has starting for a club determined someone's starting position for Nigeria? Ask Ekong, Balogun, or Ajayi. So why would Ekong be different?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Well, it will not be long for you to learn. Nigeria will soon play additional qualifiers and you will find out if he starts at CD or not. It wont take long, would it? And this, no matter whether he is then starting at Ajax or not.

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:26 pm EII, you are talking from both sides on the mouth here. First you gave him of the CD spots for the SE solely based on this announcement. Now you are saying playing for Ajax should not be the criteria.

As far as I am concerned, his performances for the SE did not show him to be better than any of the CDs we currently have. That does not mean he can't or won't be better.
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 am

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Very exciting move..

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bobo got a straight red today on a leg breaker type challenge kai…

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am Bobo got a straight red today on a leg breaker type challenge kai…

Mace you saw a leg breaker ..smh you know you don't have to exaggerate. Even that video didn't show the tackle properly..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:19 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am Bobo got a straight red today on a leg breaker type challenge kai…

Mace you saw a leg breaker ..smh you know you don't have to exaggerate. Even that video didn't show the tackle properly..smh
Disappointing for Mace to exaggerate like that.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:22 pm

Here’s a better view, what do you guys think?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgpjkfGg ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

That was a very dangerous tackle there's no other way to put it. We all know what happened to Onazi's career when he was on the receiving end of a similar challenge.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:40 pm

the point here is you had to go get a second video after you posted a video that didn't match the exaggeration you pulled earlier
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:48 pm

the point here is you had to go get a second video after you posted a video that didn't match the exaggeration you pulled earlier
Actually the other way around, I watched the match live and saw the crazy leg breaking tackle that deserved a red, but that was the only video online I could find to post, you can even see I commented on that instagram post way before I posted on CE…Now will you man up and apologize to a real G!?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:37 pm

That was a very dangerous tackle there's no other way to put it. We all know what happened to Onazi's career when he was on the receiving end of a similar challenge.
You dey mind BP and co, na the exact same tackle on Onazi we complained about for years.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

We all know Matuidi received a yellow card for that challenge.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Looks bad in slow mo. Then again, so did Iwobi's at AFCON and we know that was a nothing 'tackle'.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:43 pm

We all know Matuidi received a yellow card for that challenge.
So did Bassey…but we all complained it should be red for Matuidi after we saw replays abi? Difference is there was no VAR then…
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!