WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE!!!

Post by packerland »

I won’t chase this coach away. Let’s not repeat what happened with Rohnr. We seem to be playing more friendlies and attracting more foreign players under him. I’m not saying that foreign players are better but the more talent in the pool to pick from, the better. The coach needs to find a natural right and left back for the team. I see what the coach was thing to do with Payne similar to what the US did with Crystal Dunn. Dunn used to be a good winger that got converted to LB. Now she is one of the best in the world in her position. It hasn’t worked out so far.

We can let go of coach Randy after the match. The US men are a better team now compared to under klinsman, but without Klinsman they won’t be where they are today even though he was limited tactically.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You got to love the genius that is Pinnick.

He somehow gets a very good fall guy... weda na WAFU, AFCON, WC, WAFCON, Under-whatever team... he gets us to focus on the coach.

The problem is PINNICK!

He will keep chasing his tail because he doesn't know how to hire managers... and with a flawed philosophy on how to grow the game, he will keep making the same mistake.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

My brother, na jest...

Actually, the Pitt soccer program is really not a big one and while I was there, we actually didn't have a women's team (this was when we were still in the Big East Conference).
Odas wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:01 am
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:10 am Watch your tongue, Man!
How dare you diss my alma mater like that?
:evil: :evil:
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......
Dude is a very very LIMITED coach...
That's why he was coaching an average Univ of Pittsburgh team.
Otitokoro,

Gotti wasn't referring to your school (The University of Pittsburgh) as being small, rather he meant your school's soccer team is 'small.' I don't see how such is an insult, or down-grading of your Alma mater, bro.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aren't you people on CE tired of ranting about coaches? you people are so blind to see the main issue is your FA chairman.. anytime our teams are kicked out , the first thing some of yall do is to shout fire the coach , be it FC or LC... una no dey tire? We've been changing and firing coaches since Tiko
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:21 pm aren't you people on CE tired of ranting about coaches? you people are so blind to see the main issue is your FA chairman.. anytime our teams are kicked out , the first thing some of yall do is to shout fire the coach , be it FC or LC... una no dey tire? We've been changing and firing coaches since Tiko
You and your kindergarten logic again. If Pinnick is the main problem then how confident are you that he is hiring the right coaches? I’m not. In fact I know he is not hiring the right coaches. All you have to do to see that is look at team performance. If team performance is subpar, the coach probably is too. So, until we can figure out a way to get rid of Pinnick, we must keep the pressure on incompetent coaches… and hopefully, the next set of NFF administrators will do a much better job of selecting our national coaches❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:37 pm I won’t chase this coach away. Let’s not repeat what happened with Rohnr. We seem to be playing more friendlies and attracting more foreign players under him. I’m not saying that foreign players are better but the more talent in the pool to pick from, the better. The coach needs to find a natural right and left back for the team. I see what the coach was thing to do with Payne similar to what the US did with Crystal Dunn. Dunn used to be a good winger that got converted to LB. Now she is one of the best in the world in her position. It hasn’t worked out so far.

We can let go of coach Randy after the match. The US men are a better team now compared to under klinsman, but without Klinsman they won’t be where they are today even though he was limited tactically.
Without prejudice, both of those things have NOTHING to do with the coach...

It's hard for me to decide if Coach Randy is good or not, but his tactics were POOR at WAFCON...
Nonetheless, I agree "let's not repeat what happened with Rohr" - by retaining an inept coach for too long!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:12 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:37 pm I won’t chase this coach away. Let’s not repeat what happened with Rohnr. We seem to be playing more friendlies and attracting more foreign players under him. I’m not saying that foreign players are better but the more talent in the pool to pick from, the better. The coach needs to find a natural right and left back for the team. I see what the coach was thing to do with Payne similar to what the US did with Crystal Dunn. Dunn used to be a good winger that got converted to LB. Now she is one of the best in the world in her position. It hasn’t worked out so far.

Without prejudice, both of those things have NOTHING to do with the coach...

It's hard for me to decide if Coach Randy is good or not, but his tactics were POOR at WAFCON...
Nonetheless, I agree "let's not repeat what happened with Rohr" - by retaining an inept coach for too long!
So, you don’t think coach Randy helped with some of the players added to the team with the exception of Plumptree? Plumptree pretty much did everything herself including the nationality switch.

They fired Rohr but didn’t have his replacement ready. Who do you have in mind that can take over tomorrow if they let the coach go?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

At the beginning of the tournament, I wasn’t really sure about this coach and was against his team selection throughout the friendly games and the first match. Especially with the selection of Rita and Ordega in the starting 11. He won me over with his team selection and tactics with the remaining matches. Albeit, Uche should have started the last match, because I’m still not sold on Onumonu. Even though, she’s more refined than both Gift and Uche, the two girls (Uche & Gift) are the future in my own opinion.

Apart from the jittery first game (and bad team selection), we outplayed all the other teams. I was so impressed with the team play, because I’ve never seen a gallant Super Falcons team played so beautifully. They all knew their roles, but their profligacy in front of goal cost them dearly. We should also remember that, they were without some key players in the last two games and the tournament due to suspensions and injuries.

The coaching crew just need to work on their finishing in the attacking third and start looking for a capable replacement for the aging captain before the World Cup. I strongly believe that this team will outperform all the other African representatives at the World Cup. Mark my word, guys!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

MODS!!!!!

This heading is misleading o

Cmoke
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:04 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 pm :atc:
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......
He's not a miracle worker. When a team is starving from lack of payments there're usually other essentials things they do not have.
I'm sure he'd gladly take his salary and leave. All of it!

Emir,

No one is except the almighty.

However, were the Nigerian Managers of this team miracle workers when they won the WAFCON repeatedly and some times under worse conditions?
You expect us to keep winning the damn thing every time?

Truth be told, just as we've closed the gap between us and the big guns, so also have other teams in Africa made strides.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

theYemster wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:06 pm
He's not a miracle worker. When a team is starving from lack of payments there're usually other essentials things they do not have.

Emir,

However, were the Nigerian Managers of this team miracle workers when they won the WAFCON repeatedly and some times under worse conditions?

Truth be told, just as we've closed the gap between us and the big guns, so also have other teams in Africa made strides.
But we haven’t closed the gap on the big guns…
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Emir,

He meant those years we used to lose to teams like the U.S by a wide margin. Think USA 99 when we lost 7-1. These days we lose by a small margin or draw against the big teams.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Emir,

They won it when most African countries or even their parents tabooed females from even wearing shorts how much more play football
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Emir,

We used to collect 8-0 smackdowns remember?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:02 pm At the beginning of the tournament, I wasn’t really sure about this coach and was against his team selection throughout the friendly games and the first match. Especially with the selection of Rita and Ordega in the starting 11. He won me over with his team selection and tactics with the remaining matches. Albeit, Uche should have started the last match, because I’m still not sold on Onumonu. Even though, she’s more refined than both Gift and Uche, the two girls (Uche & Gift) are the future in my own opinion.

Apart from the jittery first game (and bad team selection), we outplayed all the other teams. I was so impressed with the team play, because I’ve never seen a gallant Super Falcons team played so beautifully. They all knew their roles, but their profligacy in front of goal cost them dearly. We should also remember that, they were without some key players in the last two games and the tournament due to suspensions and injuries.

The coaching crew just need to work on their finishing in the attacking third and start looking for a capable replacement for the aging captain before the World Cup. I strongly believe that this team will outperform all the other African representatives at the World Cup. Mark my word, guys!
The epitome of low and lowered expectations...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE?

Post by jette1 »

Major thread failure detected
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 am
iworo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:02 pm At the beginning of the tournament, I wasn’t really sure about this coach and was against his team selection throughout the friendly games and the first match. Especially with the selection of Rita and Ordega in the starting 11. He won me over with his team selection and tactics with the remaining matches. Albeit, Uche should have started the last match, because I’m still not sold on Onumonu. Even though, she’s more refined than both Gift and Uche, the two girls (Uche & Gift) are the future in my own opinion.

I'm at a loss when people keep making the above highlighted exertions. Iworo never said this best result but that we played well and our main issue was wasting chances. He is 100% spot on. Apart from the opening match we outplayed every other team. Zambia were extremely fortunate with the fluke goal they scored and the uncharacteristic misses from Monday Gift, especially, she would have had a hattrick on another day. We are not superhuman so we are not always going to get the results right every tournament, we won the last 3 editions for God's sake that can never be permanent no matter what we do. We clearly didn't go out with a whimper and I bet no other team would have held Morocco for 50 mins with 9 players before the home crowd. There has to be an element of luck sometimes and we clearly had none in this tournament. Look at Germany, 8 time European champs, had never lost a final till last Sunday. They were the better team on the day but still lost. It's football, these things happen. I concur with Iworo, if we can sort out our offensive play and be more clinical we will be ok, because the squad is very good and there's still others who missed the tournament for various reasons e.g Zogg, Okoronkwo, George, Oparanozie as well as the potential newbies from the U20 team. We Naija fans just feel too entitled.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:54 am
Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 am

I'm at a loss when people keep making the above highlighted exertions. Iworo never said this best result but that we played well and our main issue was wasting chances. He is 100% spot on. Apart from the opening match we outplayed every other team. Zambia were extremely fortunate with the fluke goal they scored and the uncharacteristic misses from Monday Gift, especially, she would have had a hattrick on another day. We are not superhuman so we are not always going to get the results right every tournament, we won the last 3 editions for God's sake that can never be permanent no matter what we do. We clearly didn't go out with a whimper and I bet no other team would have held Morocco for 50 mins with 9 players before the home crowd. There has to be an element of luck sometimes and we clearly had none in this tournament. Look at Germany, 8 time European champs, had never lost a final till last Sunday. They were the better team on the day but still lost. It's football, these things happen. I concur with Iworo, if we can sort out our offensive play and be more clinical we will be ok, because the squad is very good and there's still others who missed the tournament for various reasons e.g Zogg, Okoronkwo, George, Oparanozie as well as the potential newbies from the U20 team. We Naija fans just feel too entitled.
My brother, please stop wasting your time responding to every nagging fly out there :lol: :lol:. The truth is, you cannot make someone see who is not willing to open their eyes. Please learn not to respond to every barking dog 8-).
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Atrocious record. How is this man still employed?

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I took a look at his Twitter posts. Obvious Nigeria is a side side (double side) hustle for him

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachWaldrum
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Why on earth is a university coach allowed to coach Nigeria's national team?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
Dude is a very very LIMITED coach...
That's why he was coaching an average Univ of Pittsburgh team.
Waldrum has had a pretty decent coaching career, winning the NCAA soccer championship twice… and he took Pittsburgh to the tournament round of 16 in 2022. I think the problem is that the job of national team coach cannot, realistically, be a part time job. It’s a job that requires total commitment. Doubling as a college and national team coach at the same time just doesn’t cut it❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Our offensive play is still a major problem, because this team is not clinical enough. Watching the game against Costa Rica, they could have won the game with a big margin. This team is full of talents but we still don’t have a world class team yet. Real teams serve each other and can’t wait to sacrifice and give for everyone else. There were so many times in the game that practically almost everyone in the team played selfishly instead of passing to an open player.

I also noticed some players with entitlement attitude and lack of effort (i.e. Onumonu). Every player needs to buy into the team and the "we" mentality instead of the “me” mentality; and it starts with the coaching staff. Bottom line, the buck stops with the coach. If he can't improve our offensive play, he should be fired.