WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE?

Post by Enugu II »

Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......

Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE!!!

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......
Dude is a very very LIMITED coach...
That's why he was coaching an average Univ of Pittsburgh team.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:atc:
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......
He's not a miracle worker. When a team is starving from lack of payments there're usually other essentials things they do not have.
I'm sure he'd gladly take his salary and leave. All of it!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 pm :atc:
He's not a miracle worker. When a team is starving from lack of payments there're usually other essentials things they do not have.

Emir,

No one is except the almighty.

However, were the Nigerian Managers of this team miracle workers when they won the WAFCON repeatedly and some times under worse conditions?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:04 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 pm :atc:

Emir,

No one is except the almighty.

However, were the Nigerian Managers of this team miracle workers when they won the WAFCON repeatedly and some times under worse conditions?
EII,

Seriously, are you really expecting an answer to your question? I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you🤔❗️

Cheers.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

I have been watching Copa America Femenina, and the
Women’s Euro Championship. All I have to say is, we’ve got a lot of work to do. Regardless of who the coach is.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Thunder wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 pm I have been watching Copa America Femenina, and the
Women’s Euro Championship. All I have to say is, we’ve got a lot of work to do. Regardless of who the coach is.
Thunder,

FACT..... I pointed it out elsewhere that while the other continents have improved geometrically in women football, our improvement in the continent is arithmetically.... I loved the guts of our girls playing with 9 against a slow-thinking Moroccan team.... However, I recall our close game with a USA Team B a year or so ago. It was light years on the field and as clear and night in terms of decision making, quick thinking, and foot speed. It just was not good. I hope someone could go back and unearth that thread. That game was very revealing.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 pm I have been watching Copa America Femenina, and the
The "work" starts with a COMPETENT coach...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 pmHe's not a miracle worker. When a team is starving from lack of payments there're usually other essentials things they do not have.
Because these are new developments that did not happen under ICs?!
Under Florence Omagbemi, not only were players not paid but she was not paid for the entire year she coached team.

Even when Florence's father died while she was coaching the team, she still was not paid...
Meanwhile, when the players had to go on strike for the allowances after actually WINNING WAFCON, Florence was fired!

Even when the NFF "suspended" several key players for the France 2019 WC strike...
Resulting in an under-strength team drawing against CIV and missing the Olympics on away goal rules, CEs blamed the IC!

Yeye just dey smell up and down on CE! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:28 pm
Thunder,

FACT..... I pointed it out elsewhere that while the other continents have improved geometrically in women football, our improvement in the continent is arithmetically.... I loved the guts of our girls playing with 9 against a slow-thinking Moroccan team.... However, I recall our close game with a USA Team B a year or so ago. It was light years on the field and as clear and night in terms of decision making, quick thinking, and foot speed. It just was not good. I hope someone could go back and unearth that thread. That game was very revealing.
I doubt if we can match the rest of the world in terms of investment in women football. A way out, is to encourage our girls to come stateside to play college soccer. This route, has benefited Latin America’s women’s footy immensely.
Even Brazil, seeking to improve her women soccer, has hired the renown Swede, Pia Sundhage as the Head Coach.
We should be competing for the highest honors, and not be satisfied as mere qualifiers.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:28 pmFACT..... I pointed it out elsewhere that while the other continents have improved geometrically in women football, our improvement in the continent is arithmetically.... I loved the guts of our girls playing with 9 against a slow-thinking Moroccan team.... However, I recall our close game with a USA Team B a year or so ago. It was light years on the field and as clear and night in terms of decision making, quick thinking, and foot speed. It just was not good. I hope someone could go back and unearth that thread. That game was very revealing.
The US is undoubtedly the world's preeminent female football power, but...

Exactly how was that "a USA Team B" when it featured 10 players who played in the 2019 WWC final game?
These were GK Neaher, O'Hara, Dahlkemper, Sauerbrunn, Dunn, Mewis, Rapinoe, Press, Lloyd, and Morgan.

Meanwhile, we barely had time to train together with entirely new players like Alozie, Okronkwo, Onumonu, etc.
Why don't you gather an assemblage of US players, some of whom never played together, to Uyo or Asaba to play us?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Watch your tongue, Man!
How dare you diss my alma mater like that?
:evil: :evil:
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:55 pmI doubt if we can match the rest of the world in terms of investment in women football. A way out, is to encourage our girls to come stateside to play college soccer. This route, has benefited Latin America’s women’s footy immensely.
Even Brazil, seeking to improve her women soccer, has hired the renown Swede, Pia Sundhage as the Head Coach.
We should be competing for the highest honors, and not be satisfied as mere qualifiers.
Nigeria cannot match the advanced nations in terms of investment in MALE football, much less female football in a highly-patriarchal society.

Meanwhile, you cannot "encourage" poor girls to come play soccer in the US, unless you would be handing out scholarships. And even then, if the choice is between going to Europe to play professionally and make immediate money for their families or going to the US to play amateur non-paying college soccer, there's no price for guessing where they overwhelming percentage of these girls would be headed. Not sure some of you CEs actually have any real appreciation of the background of some of our players.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:28 pm
Thunder,

I doubt if we can match the rest of the world in terms of investment in women football. A way out, is to encourage our girls to come stateside to play college soccer. This route, has benefited Latin America’s women’s footy immensely.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:10 am Watch your tongue, Man!
Should have known...
Sans Dan Marino, a bunch of UNDERACHIEVERS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:15 amI doubt if we can match the rest of the world in terms of investment in women football. A way out, is to encourage our girls to come stateside to play college soccer. This route, has benefited Latin America’s women’s footy immensely.
Didn't we hire our own Swede?
Which coincided with our continental struggles. Hmmmm :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Gotti wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:14 am
Thunder wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:55 pmI doubt if we can match the rest of the world in terms of investment in women football. A way out, is to encourage our girls to come stateside to play college soccer. This route, has benefited Latin America’s women’s footy immensely.
Nigeria cannot match the advanced nations in terms of investment in MALE football, much less female football in a highly-patriarchal society.

Meanwhile, you cannot "encourage" poor girls to come play soccer in the US, unless you would be handing out scholarships. And even then, if the choice is between going to Europe to play professionally and make immediate money for their families or going to the US to play amateur non-paying college soccer, there's no price for guessing where they overwhelming percentage of these girls would be headed. Not sure some of you CEs actually have any real appreciation of the background of some of our players.
A lot of them are good enough to earn soccer scholarships to D1, D2, & D3 schools, refine their games, and get quality education as well.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

All of you people who play football on paper you people are so clueless to the game. Leave the coach alone. We will fail woefully if una pursue this coach comot..

The issues with Nigerian football are the clueless loud mouthed fans
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Have you paid the coach or the bonuses of the girls una dey talk coach..how many chances did madam Ortega and Monday miss today
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
Otitokoro,

Gotti wasn't referring to your school (The University of Pittsburgh) as being small, rather he meant your school's soccer team is 'small.' I don't see how such is an insult, or down-grading of your Alma mater, bro.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:lol: :lol:
The guy really fall my hand
Anyhow, time for a new coach for the SF - rooting for Omagbemi (she deserves a shot at the WWC)
Gotti wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:16 am
Should have known...
Sans Dan Marino, a bunch of UNDERACHIEVERS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Coaching is most of it. He is not a good coach.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

This championship outcome was once again the Nigerian philosophy of mediocre input and expecting a disproportionately excellent outcome.

While on one hand it is exceedingly frustrating experiencing once again these sort of failures, on the other hand the laws of natural justice means we deserve what we get.

I will never wish my nation I’ll, but it is not appropriate to expect miracles when we don’t do the hard graft of proper planning etc. it is virtually the Nigerian approach to expect miracles as if the opposition are lesser beings of the same creator.

In the past, sheer superior talent got us past the opposition. Now that there is a narrowing of the skill gap and once again the more ‘difficult’ but arguably more rewarding attributes of strategic planning, diligence etc everything that is anathema to the Nigerian psychology and way of doing things is required, are folks surprised that we fall by the way side.

It has been almost 30 years since Nigerian debuted at the WC at the mens level more 2 decades for females. Almost 4 decades since our first world youth championship win, where is the strategic plan for our local league, coaching, school sports etc.

Anyway terrible question to ask, sports can not excel outside the whole of the Nigerian context. We will achieve sporadic degrees of success but we will never be consistent enough until we get the basics right as a people - the whole football frustration is only a symptom of a much deeper malaise.

For the resources we have as a people, we are terrible underachievers, it will be so amusing if it was not ever so tragic.

Have a great collection of players, contrive to appoint a rubbish coach. Have a great collection of players, consistently have grifters in positions of leadership. A true microcosm of the Nigerian entity.

We have been gifted everything a nation and a people require to be excellent and successful yet are a true case study in how to do things the wrong way.

It is just so %$#@^& depressing!
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.