WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE?

Post by iworo »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:39 am Our offensive play is still a major problem, because this team is not clinical enough. Watching the game against Costa Rica, they could have won the game with a big margin. This team is full of talents but we still don’t have a world class team yet. Real teams serve each other and can’t wait to sacrifice and give for everyone else. There were so many times in the game that practically almost everyone in the team played selfishly instead of passing to an open player.

I also noticed some players with entitlement attitude and lack of effort (i.e. Onumonu). Every player needs to buy into the team and the "we" mentality instead of the “me” mentality; and it starts with the coaching staff. Bottom line, the buck stops with the coach. If he can't improve our offensive play, he should be fired.
All of which have nothing to do with coaching?!

Anyway, it’s apparently difficult to see what even “barking dogs” would with your head is so far up Coach Randy’s sitter you can administer an oral colonoscopy! :laugh:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:43 am
Expectations are now scrapping rock-bottom…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WALDRUM......Going,...Going...GONE!!!

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:54 amI'm at a loss when people keep making the above highlighted exertions. Iworo never said this best result but that we played well and our main issue was wasting chances. He is 100% spot on. Apart from the opening match we outplayed every other team. Zambia were extremely fortunate with the fluke goal they scored and the uncharacteristic misses from Monday Gift, especially, she would have had a hattrick on another day. We are not superhuman so we are not always going to get the results right every tournament, we won the last 3 editions for God's sake that can never be permanent no matter what we do.We clearly didn't go out with a whimper and I bet no other team would have held Morocco for 50 mins with 9 players before the home crowd. There has to be an element of luck sometimes and we clearly had none in this tournament. Look at Germany, 8 time European champs, had never lost a final till last Sunday. They were the better team on the day but still lost. It's football, these things happen. I concur with Iworo, if we can sort out our offensive play and be more clinical we will be ok, because the squad is very good and there's still others who missed the tournament for various reasons e.g Zogg, Okoronkwo, George, Oparanozie as well as the potential newbies from the U20 team. We Naija fans just feel too entitled.
And what exactly has the highlighted to do with Coach Randy (the object of the thread)?
Never seen the US women’s team be satisfied with a fourth place finish, but I guess they’re “superhuman”.

Anyway, Nigeria and Nigerians have increasingly cultivated a “manage ‘am” culture…
Lowered expectations (in fact plain old MEDIOCRITY in many cases) now pervade national life, so I get you. SMH
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:25 am
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......
Dude is a very very LIMITED coach...
That's why he was coaching an average Univ of Pittsburgh team.
Waldrum has had a pretty decent coaching career, winning the NCAA soccer championship twice… and he took Pittsburgh to the tournament round of 16 in 2022. I think the problem is that the job of national team coach cannot, realistically, be a part time job. It’s a job that requires total commitment. Doubling as a college and national team coach at the same time just doesn’t cut it❗️
Abegi quit trying to be clever by half by citing something that happened MONTHS AFTERWARDS! :lol:

Anyway, shame the Super Falcons are not a college team…
Given Coach Randy failed at the senior levels with Houston Dash and the T&T national team.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:17 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:25 am
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm Nothing else to add. You can add you spill......
Dude is a very very LIMITED coach...
That's why he was coaching an average Univ of Pittsburgh team.
Waldrum has had a pretty decent coaching career, winning the NCAA soccer championship twice… and he took Pittsburgh to the tournament round of 16 in 2022. I think the problem is that the job of national team coach cannot, realistically, be a part time job. It’s a job that requires total commitment. Doubling as a college and national team coach at the same time just doesn’t cut it❗️
Abegi quit trying to be clever by half by citing something that happened MONTHS AFTERWARDS! :lol:

Anyway, shame the Super Falcons are not a college team…
Given Coach Randy failed at the senior levels with Houston Dash and the T&T national team.
You do specialize in talking nonsense. A two time ncaa winning coach cannot be as limited as you claim❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:57 pmYou do specialize in talking nonsense. A two time ncaa winning coach cannot be as limited as you claim
And when UNILAG is looking for a coach for the next NUGA games, perhaps hit him up… :taunt:

Meanwhile, a coach who was mediocre at his only senior gigs (with Houston Dash and T&T national team)…
And was ‘lucky’ to finish 4th at WAFCON (with arguably Nigeria’s deepest-ever squad) is clearly LIMITED. WOWO! SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sounds like is multi-tasking while at the World Cup!

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

wiseone wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:11 pm Sounds like is multi-tasking while at the World Cup!

That's how you leverage your status; How many coaches can say they been to the world cup ? here in the US and, just for going to WC people would gather and listen to you tell tales by the moonlight
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:08 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:57 pmYou do specialize in talking nonsense. A two time ncaa winning coach cannot be as limited as you claim
And when UNILAG is looking for a coach for the next NUGA games, perhaps hit him up… :taunt:

Meanwhile, a coach who was mediocre at his only senior gigs (with Houston Dash and T&T national team)…
And was ‘lucky’ to finish 4th at WAFCON (with arguably Nigeria’s deepest-ever squad) is clearly LIMITED. WOWO! SMH
See this mumu and your baseless and laughable comparisons. You think the NCAA is NUGA? Many countries in the World Cup, including Nigeria and the Philippines who just beat New Zealand, have a handful of NCAA players in their squads. Why don’t you arrange for UNILAG to play an NCAA team (how about Randy Waldrum’s University of Pittsburgh)? Perhaps then, you’ll realize just how silly your argument is.

No one on God’s green earth is a bigger advocate for local coaches than yours truly. In past discussions and debates, I had argued that football is a cultural sport and that no foreign coach has ever led a country to lift the World Cup. I have also maintained consistently that only a Nigerian can get the very best out of a team of Nigerians. We just need to find the right Nigerian… but you, on account of your mindless bias against foreign coaches, have stooped so low as to make up untruths about Waldrum just to impugn his reputation and I’m just not down with that. So, you calling me a WOWO only amounts to you making a fool of yourself as usual🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:52 pm

See this mumu and your baseless and laughable comparisons. You think the NCAA is NUGA? Many countries in the World Cup, including Nigeria and the Philippines who just beat New Zealand, have a handful of NCAA players in their squads. Why don’t you arrange for UNILAG to play an NCAA team (how about Randy Waldrum’s University of Pittsburgh)? Perhaps then, you’ll realize just how silly your argument is.

No one on God’s green earth is a bigger advocate for local coaches than yours truly. In past discussions and debates, I had argued that football is a cultural sport and that no foreign coach has ever led a country to lift the World Cup. I have also maintained consistently that only a Nigerian can get the very best out of a team of Nigerians. We just need to find the right Nigerian… but you, on account of your mindless bias against foreign coaches, have stooped so low as to make up untruths about Waldrum just to impugn his reputation and I’m just not down with that. So, you calling me a WOWO only amounts to you making a fool of yourself as usual🤔❗️

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gotti calling you a WOWO?
Does he even read your posts?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:01 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:52 pm

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gotti calling you a WOWO?
Does he even read your posts?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
😀😀😀

He probably just skims through posts looking for keywords and as soon as he finds one, jumps to an absurd conclusion🤔❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Make una leave the President of FBA of Cybereagles alone o :D.