Wonderkids in the NPFL - Daniel Daga, Alex Oyowah, Aminu Mohammed & More

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Wonderkids of 21/22 NPFL season - Emmanuel Dennis Ayaosi's & More

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:56 pm Niger Tornadoes duo Emmanuel Jonas (red - CF) and Idris Munir (19 y/o winger) both managed 10+ goal contributions each and have since received call ups to the U20 (Jonas) and U23 (Idris)

Munir with an early Shout for Goal of the season with his matchwinner vs Doma United. Jonas assisted the goal
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Wonderkids in the NPFL - Emmanuel Dennis Ayaosi, Daniel Daga & More

Post by Sunset »

Reuben Joshua Asimya – Player Profile
https://dakkadafc.com/reuben-joshua-asi ... r-profile/
By DakkadaFC - January 23, 2023 32 0

Reuben Joshua was born 17 of june 2006 in Wulari district of Maiduguri Borno state, where he started his early life , he started playing football at the age of six (6) from Hia Primary School featured in inter-schools competition, he grew up playing in Asino football Academy, before moving to Niger republic as a refugee due to Boko Haram insurgent in Borno state, 2011, then before coming back again after the insurgent reduce.

He continue playing with TY Buratai Football academy, before joining the Jnr Team of NPFL club El kanemi Warriors of Maiduguri.

ABOUT REUBEN J. ASIMYA

Reuben Joshua ASIMYA is a Nigerian Football Player who currently plays as a midfielder For NPFL club Dakkada Fc.

Born: 17 June 2006 (age 16 years), Borno
Current team: Dakkada FC (Midfield) #41
Previous Club: El kanemi Babes
Nationality: Nigeria/Niger
Height: 1.80
Weight: 60kg
Foot: Right
Outfit: PUMA

In 2021 Reuben Joshua sign his first professional football contract at the age of 15yrs with Nigerian professional football league team Dakkada FC till date.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Wonderkids in the NPFL - Emmanuel Dennis Ayaosi, Daniel Daga & More

Post by bret- hart »

Is the kid with the U17 team?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I hope he will be invited. I mean it's not a small feat for a 15year old to be signed by an NPFL club.
bret- hart wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:10 pm Is the kid with the U17 team?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

olu wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:32 am I hope he will be invited. I mean it's not a small feat for a 15year old to be signed by an NPFL club.
I trust Ugbade. I hope he looks at the boys way. I am really excited with the NPFL. So many young ballers coming thru the ranks as it should be. Hope we sustain it. #MaketheSuperEaglesGreatAgain.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:37 am
olu wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:32 am I hope he will be invited. I mean it's not a small feat for a 15year old to be signed by an NPFL club.
I trust Ugbade. I hope he looks at the boys way. I am really excited with the NPFL. So many young ballers coming thru the ranks as it should be. Hope we sustain it. #MaketheSuperEaglesGreatAgain.
Marketing is the key. It seems to be getting better, but still has a long way to go.
Former NFF VP Akinwunmi told us here on CE that people were watching youth football a lot more, which is great.
Back in the day, Principal’s Cup matches used to pack stadiums.
And that was sec school kids playing.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

It’s an honour to appear in Flying Antelopes’ colour
https://felele247.com.ng/2023/02/04/its ... e0kv7uEwiM
Posted By: Tayeon: February 04, 2023In: Africa, News, NPFL

Rangers International F.C’s new teenage defense sensation, Kenneth Igboke, has described his meteoric rise from the club’s feeders team as a privilege which he hopes to guide and defend with all he has to ensure that the club achieves its set target for the season.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The NFF have barred NPFL players from our U17's for the last decade and a bit regardless of if they pass the MRI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:50 pm The NFF have barred NPFL players from our U17's for the last decade and a bit regardless of if they pass the MRI
Because we keep very poor records. This boy is clearly under 17.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:19 am
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:18 am
Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:19 am
:clap: :clap: :clap:
What a goal it was from him to win the match for Kwara :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wonderkids in the NPFL - Emmanuel Dennis Ayaosi, Daniel Daga & More

Post by Sunset »

Winger Oluwaseun Odunsi (18) is having a decent first season with Remo Stars after getting promoted from their U19's

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

17 year Old CB Wisdom Ndon makes his debut in the NPFL helping Akwa UTD to a clean sheet, he has a very similar profile to Benjamin Fredrick who was amongst the youngest CB's in the NNL last season
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:45 pm 17 year Old CB Wisdom Ndon makes his debut in the NPFL helping Akwa UTD to a clean sheet, he has a very similar profile to Benjamin Fredrick who was amongst the youngest CB's in the NNL last season

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I hope Bo$$o is watching

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:49 pm Image
Winger Oluwaseun Odunsi (18) is having a decent first season with Remo Stars after getting promoted from their U19's

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

here are the youngest players to feature in this seasons #NPFL according to @Transfermarkt. There are some familiar names and unfamiliar names with over half spending some time with our various youth teams. @AbiaWarriors and @bayelsautd1 are tied with 3 players each while Daniel Daga and Abubakar Garba are (technically) eligible to feature for the current set of Golden Eaglets. What I'm sure of is there are probably more who either haven't featured yet, or their D.O.B's haven't been updated yet on the systems

https://www.transfermarkt.us/nigeria-pr ... ewerb/NPFL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wonderkids in the NPFL - Daniel Daga, Benjamin Fredrick, & More

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:40 pm There's a lot I could say about this kid but the video is here, he ended the season with 6 goals and 6 assists helping Dakkada survive the relegation battle :clap: :clap: :clap:

[tweet][/tweet]
Ayaosi isn't with Dakkada anymore after moving abroad but youngster Mmekutmfon Udosen seems prime make up for that void as he scored the match winner yesterday against Doma to keep their survival hopes alive. He was part of Akwa Uniteds U15 team in 2019 so the oldest he could "possibly" be at this moment is 19

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Other than Daga, Frederick, and Olamilekan; does anyone know how many of these players were invited by Bosso and Salisu? If some of there were invited and dropped, were they dropped cos their ages couldn't be verified?
Sunset wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:34 pm
here are the youngest players to feature in this seasons #NPFL according to @Transfermarkt. There are some familiar names and unfamiliar names with over half spending some time with our various youth teams. @AbiaWarriors and @bayelsautd1 are tied with 3 players each while Daniel Daga and Abubakar Garba are (technically) eligible to feature for the current set of Golden Eaglets. What I'm sure of is there are probably more who either haven't featured yet, or their D.O.B's haven't been updated yet on the systems

https://www.transfermarkt.us/nigeria-pr ... ewerb/NPFL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:25 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:49 pm Image

In the 4 NPFL games he has started he has gotten two MOTM awards (vs Bendel and Gombe) :clap: :clap: :clap:

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why all the rush?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Bendel Insurance wonderkid Vincent Augustus makes history in CAF Confederation Cup
https://lodgexpress.com/npfl-news/bende ... up-photos/

By Ejimafor Itumo

In a thrilling match against Moroccan club RS Berkane on Saturday, Bendel Insurance’s 17-year-old prodigy, Vincent Augustus, etched his name in the annals of football history. Augustus, who came on from the bench in the 54th minute, wasted no time in leaving an indelible mark on the game.

The young wonderkid displayed exceptional prowess on the field, netting his side’s second goal in the 60th minute. The game, played on home turf in Benin, culminated in a 2-2 draw, leaving fans at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in awe of the prodigious talent on display.

Vincent Augustus’s goal not only secured a crucial point for Bendel Insurance but also catapulted him into the record books. With this remarkable feat, Augustus became the youngest player ever to score for Bendel Insurance in CAF competition, a testament to his extraordinary skills and composure under pressure.

His ability to seamlessly integrate into the game after being brought on as a substitute is a testament to the coaching staff’s astute judgment and Vincent’s own tireless dedication on the training ground.

Augustus’s meteoric rise has been closely monitored by football enthusiasts and scouts alike, with his performance against RS Berkane serving as a resounding endorsement of his potential. His technical proficiency, tactical awareness, and clinical finishing are indicative of a player destined for greatness.

The coaching staff at Bendel Insurance have been effusive in their praise for the young maestro, highlighting his work ethic, humility, and adaptability as key attributes that set him apart. Augustus’s commitment to continuous improvement is a harbinger of a bright future not only for himself but also for Bendel Insurance and Nigerian football as a whole.

As the footballing world continues to witness the emergence of prodigious talents, Vincent Augustus’s name is sure to resonate in conversations about the sport’s next generation of stars. His historic goal against RS Berkane is but a glimpse into what promises to be an illustrious career.

With each match, Vincent Augustus reaffirms his status as a player to watch, and his journey through the CAF Confederation Cup is one that will undoubtedly be followed with bated breath by fans, scouts, and pundits alike.

In the wake of this momentous achievement, the future looks exceedingly bright for Vincent Augustus and Bendel Insurance. As they continue to forge their path in continental competition, one can’t help but wonder what other records this young phenom will shatter in the years to come. The footballing world eagerly awaits the next chapter in the story of this remarkable talent.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Emmanuel Michael
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... d-football
Club Simoiben FC
Position Defender
Born 16 June 2006
It is rare to see full-backs be so influential that almost all build-up play goes through them, but that’s how good Emmanuel Michael has been for the Nigerian youth national teams. At just 17 years old, he not only executes his defensive responsibilities with aplomb, but any set-piece within a 30 metre vicinity of the opposing goal will have him chomping at the bit to fire in a deadly free-kick. Beside the set-pieces, Michael’s most devastating asset lies in his ability to loft precision crosses to his strikers from the flanks, crafting ideal opportunities for attacks in close proximity to the goal. Maher Mezahi
U17 LB Emmanuel Michael Who was recently rated amongst the best 17 year old talents in the world made his NPFL debut with Gombe United