ALL OF YOU ThAT DISSED NWAKALI MARK YOURSELVES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALL OF YOU ThAT DISSED NWAKALI MARK YOURSELVES

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I can only wish him all the best but what are you expecting from him?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:24 pm
Enyi wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:14 am
olu wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 pm I think he will do well. He did really well in the Second division when he was loaned out two seasons ago. I was impressed most times I saw him play for Huesca when they were in La Liga. He just needs consistent playing time and needs to cut out off the field distractions.
Then your bar for him is very low..... Huesca was poor all season and Nwakali was awful.

He can and I pray he does make a career for himself as a footballer but will never be good enough for the SE unfortunately....

The talent is there but he is piss poor mentally..
See your life; So you acknowledged his talent but tosses him to the dogs for his injuries. Would you label someone with a broken finger piss poor just because they happen to have a finger broken. Emotional health injury is no different from physical health injuries; Just as your finger injuries can be healed so could emotional injuries. High time you Nigerians stop stigmatizing people because they happen to experience emotional deprivation.
Firstly, I am not Nigerian, love and follow Nigerian football but not Nigerian, married to one but still not Nigerian……

I recommended Nwakali to Arsenal, Ljungberg saw him train was impressed but 2 weeks down the line…it was clear that he didn’t have what it takes to make it at the top level….

Same Lungberg, took Saka from the u-16s to the u-23s so it is not a race thing….

Nwakali unfortunately, humble boy but not the mentality to be what we all here hoped he will be…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enyi wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:22 pm
olu wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 pm I think he will do well. He did really well in the Second division when he was loaned out two seasons ago. I was impressed most times I saw him play for Huesca when they were in La Liga. He just needs consistent playing time and needs to cut out off the field distractions.
Then your bar for him is very low..... Huesca was poor all season and Nwakali was awful.

He can and I pray he does make a career for himself as a footballer but will never be good enough for the SE unfortunately....

See your life; So you acknowledged his talent but tosses him to the dogs for his injuries. Would you label someone with a broken finger piss poor just because they happen to have a finger broken. Emotional health injury is no different from physical health injuries; Just as your finger injuries can be healed so could emotional injuries. High time you Nigerians stop stigmatizing people because they happen to experience emotional deprivation.
Firstly, I am not Nigerian, love and follow Nigerian football but not Nigerian, married to one but still not Nigerian……

I recommended Nwakali to Arsenal, Ljungberg saw him train was impressed but 2 weeks down the line…it was clear that he didn’t have what it takes to make it at the top level….

Same Lungberg, took Saka from the u-16s to the u-23s so it is not a race thing….

Nwakali unfortunately, humble boy but not the mentality to be what we all here hoped he will be…
Hmmm you do realize Nwakali couldn't make an appearance for Arsenal at any level due to him not getting a work permit? So I'm not sure how Lungberg's name came up
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALL OF YOU ThAT DISSED NWAKALI MARK YOURSELf

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nwakali unfortunately, humble boy but not the mentality to be what we all here hoped he will be

This was my fear all along. Could you shed more light on what you noticed about him that’s led to a loss of confidence that we’ve seen coaches repeatedly express in the boy. There’s obviously something there that we’re not seeing.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Sunset wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:28 pm

Hmmm you do realize Nwakali couldn't make an appearance for Arsenal at any level due to him not getting a work permit? So I'm not sure how Lungberg's name came up
I have nothing against the lad just that the data does not support the continued hype 7 years after an amazing U-17 run. He was great and folks are just watching the 7 year old highlights. He has not done much mostly loans to Div 2 teams in Europe. There is no consistency but there always seem to be stories of why some team or the other did not work out and it is always someone else’s fault.Too many excuses IMHO. I hope this works out for him though. He is not getting any younger.
Btwn I think Ljungberg may have been coach of one of the junior Arsenal teams at the time Kelechi was signed to Arsenal ( he coached both U-15 and/or U-23 between 2016 and 2019).
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I am not an agent, coach, or scout but certainly an avid consumer of the game. My view of Nwakali is from that position. This guy has loads of talent as he demonstrated as a U17 player. However, to be a full pro, you need more than talent. Your performance needs to be consistent. Importantly, you need to watch Nwakali play and ask your self, how many balls does this guy really win for the team? How many times do you feel that he gives you a 110% effort on the field with and without the ball? In my view, the day of a one-way player or one whose efforts fluctuate tremendously, have long passed. Few have the basic talent of tools of this kid but the points above are just my own concerns. How old is he again???? The career clock continues to tick....tick .... tock....tick
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

kawawa wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:45 pm

I have nothing against the lad just that the data does not support the continued hype 7 years after an amazing U-17 run. He was great and folks are just watching the 7 year old highlights. He has not done much mostly loans to Div 2 teams in Europe. There is no consistency but there always seem to be stories of why some team or the other did not work out and it is always someone else’s fault.Too many excuses IMHO. I hope this works out for him though. He is not getting any younger.
Btwn I think Ljungberg may have been coach of one of the junior Arsenal teams at the time Kelechi was signed to Arsenal ( he coached both U-15 and/or U-23 between 2016 and 2019).
Well I can only speak for myself and it's definitely not clips of him from 2015 that i'm looking at especially seeing how well he played in with limited minutes given at the recent AFCON, you can call it hype but some of us just call it as we see it. He is a decent player that has a skill-set we are lacking in the current SE it's as simple as that to me.

I'm not sure what you mean by excuses or are you trying to say getting a work permit doesn't play a part in a footballers career in a particular country? Or are you trying to say he was in the wrong for accepting the call to play in AFCON against his clubs wishes? The only instance I can fully blame him is when he went for the U23's and missed the 2nd half of the season with Porto B due to passport issues.

Mentioning Ljungberg still doesn't make much sense to me as He wasn't able to make a single appearance for Arsenal at any level due to him not getting a work permit so i'm still confused about the Saka comparison.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Second division for his level of talent is a bad move for Kele Nwakali. He would've been better served getting a move to a top CL or Europa level) club in Belgium or Scotland. ... For inspiration he can look to Joe Aribo and Taiwo Awoniyi. The EPL isn't the end all be all but dammit, the second division in Spain is not it for Kelechi Nwakali... in 6 seasons, he's only played 117 games - all with very low quality teams and 90% at lower levels. Not good enough.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

let us call a spade a spade , he has not done anything in football . This nah another Rabiu Ibrahim in the making. hopefully he plays well like Sadiq and gets to a much better competition
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:21 pm let us call a spade a spade , he has not done anything in football . This nah another Rabiu Ibrahim in the making. hopefully he plays well like Sadiq and gets to a much better competition
:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:21 pm let us call a spade a spade , he has not done anything in football . This nah another Rabiu Ibrahim in the making. hopefully he plays well like Sadiq and gets to a much better competition
Yup. Or another Chrisantus Macaulay.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

kawawa wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:16 pm
I don't understand this bashing! Even Mikel did not reach the heights we expected. As someone pointed out, Nwakali brings something to the table that none of our current midfielders bring, infact he was one of the better performing midfielders in AFCON and created the most chances despite playing for only a few minutes at AFCON. How many deep lying midfield playmakers do we currently have playing in Europe? And what type of clubs do they play for? Do you guyz really think we have a world class team?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:44 pm
:clap: :clap:

Nwakali, a Super Eagles legend before his time.

He's in good company:

Rabiu Ibrahim
Henry Onyekuru
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gochino wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:52 am
I don't understand this bashing! Even Mikel did not reach the heights we expected. As someone pointed out, Nwakali brings something to the table that none of our current midfielders bring, infact he was one of the better performing midfielders in AFCON and created the most chances despite playing for only a few minutes at AFCON. How many deep lying midfield playmakers do we currently have playing in Europe? And what type of clubs do they play for? Do you guyz really think we have a world class team?
tell us exactly what he has brought to the table. in less than 5 years dude has been to England, Holland, lower divisions in Spain and played a match for the SE against the almighty Guinea B
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

gochino wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:52 am
Oh no. Please do not even dare mention Mikel in any way in this conversation by comparison, inference even as an after thought, it is an insult. Absolutely nothing disappointing with what Mikel accomplished. In my book he scaled the heights as a professional footballer. What we are speaking of in this thread is a guy who has played in non top 5 leagues and at least 90% of those games in division 2 over the last 5 years. If he plays one game in a team like Chelsea I will consider it as a massive achievement and “height” achieved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lord have mercy!!! Some of the comparisons can be truly shocking.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle EII, how many times have you watched him to conclude that he does not give 100%. The only game i saw him play for the SE, he gave 100%.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:57 pm I am not an agent, coach, or scout but certainly an avid consumer of the game. My view of Nwakali is from that position. This guy has loads of talent as he demonstrated as a U17 player. However, to be a full pro, you need more than talent. Your performance needs to be consistent. Importantly, you need to watch Nwakali play and ask your self, how many balls does this guy really win for the team? How many times do you feel that he gives you a 110% effort on the field with and without the ball? In my view, the day of a one-way player or one whose efforts fluctuate tremendously, have long passed. Few have the basic talent of tools of this kid but the points above are just my own concerns. How old is he again???? The career clock continues to tick....tick .... tock....tick
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Not having a work permit does not stop you from training. Awoniyi trained with the Liverpool first team without work permit….u can Google it or ask around thanks
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

kawawa wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:45 pm

He was….he promoted Saka when everyone called him light…..so not a race thing

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: ALL OF YOU ThAT DISSED NWAKALI MARK YOURSELf

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:30 pm

Nwakali unfortunately, humble boy but not the mentality to be what we all here hoped he will be

This was my fear all along. Could you shed more light on what you noticed about him that’s led to a loss of confidence that we’ve seen coaches repeatedly express in the boy. There’s obviously something there that we’re not seeing.
When the kid came…. He was neat on the ball wasn’t spectacular. Everyone’s view was that he is new abroad, we will grow into it. Second preseason….there was no improvement, he looked lost among younger players despite having a village of Nigerian kids or Kids with Nigerian heritage around him….

There was no enthusiasm….it was like , I am good and it will sure,…no matey, you have to prove yourself to every kid on the pitch and the coaches every day….

Ppl like this, you might be able to nurture but he was never settled at Arsenal…..or any club he was sent to, always one thing or the other….

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enyi wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Not having a work permit does not stop you from training. Awoniyi trained with the Liverpool first team without work permit….u can Google it or ask around thanks
And is that supposed to be an achievement or am I missing something?

The point is, Due to not being granted a work permit, neither Awoniyi or Nwakali were able to make a single appearance (at any level) for the premier league clubs they were signed to. So trying to compare it to someone that has gone through their entire youth system makes little sense.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:40 pm He got an assist on his debut https://www.instagram.com/p/ChS_nCiuL2z ... MyMTA2M2Y=
[tweet][/tweet]