Asante Kotoko will play Nigeria's giant Rivers United FC on 24th August 2022 in Istanbul

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Asante Kotoko will play Nigeria's giant Rivers United FC on 24th August 2022 in Istanbul

Post by 1naija »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sunset wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:17 am
Agbako wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 am Purity are you serious? I go giff you Cyber slap one time if you dont change that heading.. Nigerian Giants... I know our domestic league football has gone to trash. But dont insult Nigerian Fooball like this. Abeg...laughing...ooooo
Pls name Nigeria's "giants" then.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Asante Kotoko will play Nigeria's giant Rivers United FC on 24th August 2022 in Istanbul

Post by mcal »

...are they Nigeria giant or Nigeria champion?
2 distinctive adjectives.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Agbako wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 am Purity are you serious? I go giff you Cyber slap one time if you dont change that heading.. Nigerian Giants... I know our domestic league football has gone to trash. But dont insult Nigerian Fooball like this. Abeg...laughing...ooooo
Well I will. If you really want to know.

Clubs like...
Enugu Rangers
IICC
Eyimba
Kano Pillars
Mighty Jets of Jos
just to name a few. not the new formed clowns call Rivers FC. yes I said it. I wish them luck and start winning and create a dynasty like Sjarks of Port Harcourt did. jokes apart. Even Purity can not deny this..

My broda when other nations are goinf to name clubs in Nigeria. These are the clubs they know and remember. You can take it to the bank..
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Agbako wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Clubs like...
Enugu Rangers
IICC
Eyimba
Kano Pillars
Mighty Jets of Jos
just to name a few. not the new formed clowns call Rivers FC. yes I said it. I wish them luck and start winning and create a dynasty like Sjarks of Port Harcourt did. jokes apart. Even Purity can not deny this..

My broda when other nations are goinf to name clubs in Nigeria. These are the clubs they know and remember. You can take it to the bank..
Bros we're in 2022, how can we be talking about giants of the past here especially seeing how 2 of them will be playing in the NNL (2nd division) for the upcoming season. At best they're household names but to refer to the likes of the current Kano Pillars, 3SC or Mighty Jets as Nigerian giants is hilarious while trying to play down the current NPFL champions.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:17 pm
Agbako wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Clubs like...
Enugu Rangers
IICC
Eyimba
Kano Pillars
Mighty Jets of Jos

Bros we're in 2022, how can we be talking about giants of the past here especially seeing how 2 of them will be playing in the NNL (2nd division) for the upcoming season. At best they're household names but to refer to the likes of the current Kano Pillars, 3SC or Mighty Jets as Nigerian giants is hilarious while trying to play down the current NPFL champions.
Sunset

It depends oooo! While I agree that Rivers United can be classified as a giant, I do not see why those named by Agbako cannot be giants. Those named by Agbako each attract large following and that could be a definition of giant. However, Rivers United does the same on the account of its relationship as formerly Sharks of PH (plus Dolphins).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Agbako take ya time ohh..lol

Longest time bro. Tunisiana..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:40 pm Rivers United are not giants in Nigerian football.
I was beginning to wonder if Rivers United (RU) football club, has become so big and good to be classified as such
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:28 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:47 pm While you are at it, how about the Red Devils of Nigeria? You should also go to West Germany to welcome Buhari whenever he visits.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:30 pm Calabar Rovers, Sharks, Dolphins etc are all bigger than Rivers
i will be charged for assault if i see buhari
Why don't you pay somebody to do the dirty job for you, instead? That way, your hands are clean, yet the did is done
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

PRESS CONFERENCE VIDEO

Rivers United Nigeria v Asante Kotoko Ghana

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

NEWS

*Rivers United To Battle Ghanian's Asante Kotoko In Super Cup Clash*

Nigeria Professional Football League Champions, Rivers United football club of Port Harcourt will battle Asante Kotoko, winner of the Ghana top league in the City Gate Super Cup clash on Wednesday August 24, 2022 in Istanbul, Turkey.

This confirmation was made on August 5 in Port Harcourt Rivers State after representatives of Rivers United, Asante Kotoko and organisers City Gate Travel and Tours put pen to paper to formalized documentation for the encounter.

Mr Mizbawu Issah, the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of City Gate Travel and Tour agency speaking at the formalization ceremony of the Champions of Champions clash said the company wants the enhance the relationship of both teams just beyond brotherhood to other activities, sell the African culture and showcase talents, hence the decision to take the match to Turkey.

General Manager of Rivers United FC, Chief Dr Okey Kpalukwu stated that he was not surprised at the invitation considering what the club has been able to achieve as a brand. He further commended the organizers of the Super Cup, City Gate Travel and Tours for the offer as it will compliment the preseason programs already scheduled by the club's management.

Asante Kotoko Communications and Brands Manager David Obeng Nyarko revealed that the players of the club are in high spirit as the sees this clash as an opportunity to play against the best team in Nigeria.

Rivers United is scheduled for a preseason tour of Madrid, Spain as part of preparations for the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Champions League and the 2022/2023 Nigeria Professional Football League.

(C) Rivers United Media

5th August, 2022