Joe Aribo's goal vs Villareal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Joe Aribo's goal vs Villareal

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Joe Aribo's goal vs Villareal

Post by oyek »

Reminds one of Okocha.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

oyek wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 pm Reminds one of Okocha.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Not really
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oyek wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 pm
:biggrin: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: wowwwwwwwww
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Seeing stuff like this just reopens the pain of our WC DNQ.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If I were the coach I would have pull him out right after the goal and sat his azz on the bench. Nomsense
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Why? He wouldn’t have scored if he was Okocha. Probably kill a bird or 2.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:05 pm If I were the coach I would have pull him out right after the goal and sat his azz on the bench. Nomsense
Why???
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He got lucky and would have been castigated for not passing early if he hadn’t scored.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:50 am He got lucky and would have been castigated for not passing early if he hadn’t scored.
Passing early to who though? The marked guy making a run away from goal? That’s who opened up the space for him. Up till then he had been making the ‘right’ pass and others were wasting opportunities. I was proud of him for trying himself this time around…it was a great goal and if he had lost the ball wouldn’t have been any different from the rest of what his team was doing…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:05 am
Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:50 am He got lucky and would have been castigated for not passing early if he hadn’t scored.
Passing early to who though? The marked guy making a run away from goal? That’s who opened up the space for him. Up till then he had been making the ‘right’ pass and others were wasting opportunities. I was proud of him for trying himself this time around…it was a great goal and if he had lost the ball wouldn’t have been any different from the rest of what his team was doing…
No coach will tell their player to go on and beat 5 players on their own. But he did it and it worked for him. But he got lucky with one or two ricochets.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bushboy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:30 pm Seeing stuff like this just reopens the pain of our WC DNQ.
So people shouldn't watch football again because the SE didn't qualify due to the away goals rule..move on and enjoy football
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:14 pm
No coach will tell their player to go on and beat 5 players on their own. But he did it and it worked for him. But he got lucky with one or two ricochets.
Spoken like someone who never ever played the game. Show us the passing options. If it was Messi who scored that goal the likes of you would be all over shouting dancing etc...but trust people like you who has distain for black talents to speak from the other side
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:23 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:14 pm
Spoken like someone who never ever played the game. Show us the passing options. If it was Messi who scored that goal the likes of you would be all over shouting dancing etc...but trust people like you who has distain for black talents to speak from the other side
Only if you know what level I played. I doubt you ever played more than table soccer.

In football, you don’t always have to go forward if there are no good passing options ahead of you. That’s why you see very few of the type of play/goals that we saw from this Aribo clip. But I shouldn’t really argue with you. You have consistent shown that you lack the basics.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Meanwhile see Eze...

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Now I remember why I post sparingly in here. Too many weirdos and comedians. That was a great goal. Go Joe!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:51 pm Now I remember why I post sparingly in here. Too many weirdos and comedians. That was a great goal. Go Joe!!!!
nor vex, we all know lolly is going through some stages, knowing buhari is about to be swept out of Aso Rock
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There were 2 teammates around him that he could have passed the ball to. It probably wouldn't have resulted in a lucky goal like he scored, but that would have been the right play to make. He made a couple of such silly dribbles against Ghana during the WC qualifier and in both instances lost the ball at the end. Those opportunities never came again in the game.

That's why I would have pulled him off if I were the coach. You can't encourage such play. Every single player on that pitch is capable of making that run with the ball. There is a reason they don't. Because it's not the best option for the team!
Adisboy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:25 am
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:05 pm If I were the coach I would have pull him out right after the goal and sat his azz on the bench. Nomsense
Why???
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:51 pm There were 2 teammates around him that he could have passed the ball to. It probably wouldn't have resulted in a lucky goal like he scored, but that would have been the right play to make. He made a couple of such silly dribbles against Ghana during the WC qualifier and in both instances lost the ball at the end. Those opportunities never came again in the game.

That's why I would have pulled him off if I were the coach. You can't encourage such play. Every single player on that pitch is capable of making that run with the ball. There is a reason they don't. Because it's not the best option for the team!
Why???
What you wrote is just fodder...the fact is he scored any other opinion is pure garbage
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:51 pm There were 2 teammates around him that he could have passed the ball to. It probably wouldn't have resulted in a lucky goal like he scored, but that would have been the right play to make. He made a couple of such silly dribbles against Ghana during the WC qualifier and in both instances lost the ball at the end. Those opportunities never came again in the game.

Why???
1naija

Take a look at the video again. Yes he was fortunate to score but he did so utilizing exquisite skill in a very difficult circumstance where most others would have lost posssesion. It will be a goal long remembered after he retires. Count on that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EII, I am not questioning his skill or talent. I am questioning his decision on that particular play.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:55 pm

Why???
1naija

Take a look at the video again. Yes he was fortunate to score but he did so utilizing exquisite skill in a very difficult circumstance where most others would have lost posssesion. It will be a goal long remembered after he retires. Count on that.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:51 pm Now I remember why I post sparingly in here. Too many weirdos and comedians. That was a great goal. Go Joe!!!!
nor vex, we all know lolly is going through some stages, knowing buhari is about to be swept out of Aso Rock
Lmao,,, Lolly is starting to grow on me oh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: