Joe Aribo's goal vs Villareal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Joe Aribo's goal vs Villareal

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:51 pm There were 2 teammates around him that he could have passed the ball to. It probably wouldn't have resulted in a lucky goal like he scored, but that would have been the right play to make. He made a couple of such silly dribbles against Ghana during the WC qualifier and in both instances lost the ball at the end. Those opportunities never came again in the game.

That's why I would have pulled him off if I were the coach. You can't encourage such play. Every single player on that pitch is capable of making that run with the ball. There is a reason they don't. Because it's not the best option for the team!
Adisboy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:25 am
1naija wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:05 pm If I were the coach I would have pull him out right after the goal and sat his azz on the bench. Nomsense
Why???
You talk like he does this all the time. Aribo is a passer, these are odd occasions. I watched a lot of Rangers games last season. However, this goal was pure genius, it was the best play. The Villareal players were expecting him to do what you just suggested but he used the movement of the Southampton player on the right to beat the first player the other Southampton player on the left was covered so there was no window to pass. His change of direction completed the final part of the goal. For you to pull him off after that, let just say thank God you are not a coach. This is what the great players do all the time,e.g. Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, Bale,ete, even the likes of Zaha, but I have not seen coaches drop them
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oyek wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 pm Reminds one of Okocha.
Stop :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wale1974 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:24 pm
oyek wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 pm Reminds one of Okocha.
Stop :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved