Chelsea agree deal to sign Carney Chukwuemeka for £20m.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Chelsea agree deal to sign Carney Chukwuemeka for £20m.

Post by iworo »

Carney Chukwuemeka: Chelsea agree deal to sign Aston Villa midfielder for £20m

Chelsea have reached an agreement to sign Aston Villa teenager Carney Chukwuemeka for £20m.

The midfielder, 18, was left out of Villa's pre-season tour to Australia after refusing to sign a new contract, which expires next summer.

Chukwuemeka, who starred for England in their Under-19 European Championship triumph last month, made 12 Premier League appearances for Villa last term.

He would become Chelsea's third signing of the summer.

La Liga giants Barcelona, Serie A champions AC Milan and Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund were all linked with Chukwuemeka.

Chelsea's deal can be seen as a coup as he is one of the Premier League's brightest young prospects.

The Blues and Villa both confirmed Chukwuemeka has been given permission to travel to London to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Villa boss Steven Gerrard said last month the player had not signed a new deal which "has been in place for some time now" after leaving him out of the tour down under.

Chelsea have already brought in England international Raheem Sterling from Manchester City for £50m and Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for £34m.

Boss Thomas Tuchel is still keen to further strengthen the Stamford Bridge side. He is interested in signing Marc Cucurella after Brighton ended discussions with Manchester City over the sale of the Spanish left-back.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62398766
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea agree deal to sign Carney Chukwuemeka for £20m.

Post by maceo4 »

Don’t know much about him but must be a good prospect for them to pay that much.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:16 pm Don’t know much about him but must be a good prospect for them to pay that much.

This kid could be great….he is a good as Pogba at his age. I mentioned a while back that he should be called up to be tied down….

Another kid is Osula at Sheffield United. The kids movement on and off the ball is majestic….just needs to find his stride
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this boy was a Barca target
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

One of the top young MF in the world. England u20 player, top top prospect, I don’t see him ever switching to Nigeria. The boy is a step above all the others we’re chasing. Oliseh, Eze, new kid at CP and Madueke are no match. Chelsea doing some great business .

[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Good pick up by Chelsea. Chukwuemeka is a quality kid based on the few league games I watched him play last season. He's listed as an attacking midfielder but more likely a box to box CM. Made the team of the tournament for the England team that won the u19 euros this summer. He's eligible for England, Austria & Nigeria but at his current level it's highly unlikely that he will play for our supereagles.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Not a bad player, I remember him and Ramsey from last season
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:36 am Good pick up by Chelsea. Chukwuemeka is a quality kid based on the few league games I watched him play last season. He's listed as an attacking midfielder but more likely a box to box CM. Made the team of the tournament for the England team that won the u19 euros this summer. He's eligible for England, Austria & Nigeria but at his current level it's highly unlikely that he will play for our supereagles.
I’m not looking forward to the day England’s line-up will be full of Naija boys and captained by Saka.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:36 am Good pick up by Chelsea. Chukwuemeka is a quality kid based on the few league games I watched him play last season. He's listed as an attacking midfielder but more likely a box to box CM. Made the team of the tournament for the England team that won the u19 euros this summer. He's eligible for England, Austria & Nigeria but at his current level it's highly unlikely that he will play for our supereagles.
You watched a few Aston Villa games last season? You try. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:09 pm
I’m not looking forward to the day England’s line-up will be full of Naija boys and captained by Saka.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That will NEVER happen. Atleast not in Saka's lifetime. You think the English will accept that? A full foreign line up? We arent even talking about a full black line up o! A full foreign/African/Nigerian line up? :lol: :lol: Thats the day dem innit boys will realize how much hatred their beloved Queen's country has for them. it wont even happen anyway.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:09 pm
i guess you didn't watch the Euros
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:36 pm One of the top young MF in the world. England u20 player, top top prospect, I don’t see him ever switching to Nigeria. The boy is a step above all the others we’re chasing. Oliseh, Eze, new kid at CP and Madueke are no match. Chelsea doing some great business .

[media] [/media]

He's a real talent. But I'm not sure one can claim that he's above Eze and Olise.

Right now he's not. Besides they play in different roles. The other players are starting in the PL remember...

Not sure who his advisers are but IMHO, this is a wrong career move, esp as Dortmund was also interested.

And the history of Chelsea with young players is well known.

:boo: :boo: :boo:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:58 pm
Not sure who his advisers are but IMHO, this is a wrong career move, esp as Dortmund was also interested.

Here we go again. Lets pretend that Mason Mount didn't score 13 G + 16 Assists last season... Or Reese James to mention a few... there are others examples .... Besides Tuchel was once a manager at Dortmund and Chelsea has new owners.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:34 am

Here we go again. Lets pretend that Mason Mount didn't score 13 G + 16 Assists last season... Or Reese James to mention a few... there are others examples .... Besides Tuchel was once a manager at Dortmund and Chelsea has new owners.

You and I know that it was a ban that forced Chelsea (under fat Frank) to play Mount, James and Tammy.
And as soon as the ban was lifted they promptly shifted Tammy's butt to Roma...

BTW, I am happily waiting for the other examples...

As well as how many games Gallagher will play this season...

At this stage of his career, the most important thing for Chukwuemeka is to play regularly. He will NOT get it at Chelsea...

BAD move!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:35 pm

You and I know that it was a ban that forced Chelsea (under fat Frank) to play Mount, James and Tammy.

At this stage of his career, the most important thing for Chukwuemeka is to play regularly. He will NOT get it at Chelsea...

BAD move!
At 18 How many games did Foden play for Pep at City? Has it been a bad move for his career. Not playing a lot of games as a youngster in an ambitious club isn’t automatically bad for their career. The fact that you mentioned Gallagher shows you’re still entangled in worn out media narratives. Time will tell.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:39 pm
txj wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:35 pm

BAD move!
At 18 How many games did Foden play for Pep at City? Has it been a bad move for his career. Not playing a lot of games as a youngster in an ambitious club isn’t automatically bad for their career. The fact that you mentioned Gallagher shows you’re still entangled in worn out media narratives. Time will tell.

And how many did Sancho play at Dortmund?
Jude Bellingham?

Sesko at Salzburg?

How many did De Ligt at Ajax?

Not playing a lot of games for a young player is BAD for their careers; period. And that includes Foden, who for all his achievements is not continuing to grow as much when compared to similar young players who are playing regularly.

You would not say this if he was not a Chelsea signing...