Napoli Boss - I Won't Sign African Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CISSE CHALLANGES NAPOLI BOSS ON HIS THREAT TO NOT BUY AFRICAN PLAYERS

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Italian club owners can be bombastic. The Korean player that scored the goal that knocked Italy out of WC 2002 was playing for an Italian club. After that match his Italian boss sacked him from the club and warned him not to return to Italy ever again.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... 02.sport11

It made him South Korea's hero but Ahn Jung-hwan's golden goal also appears to have earned him the sack from Perugia as part of Italy's backlash against its shock exit from the World Cup.

That he scored just one goal for the Serie A club last season rendered his historic strike in Tuesday's match all the more treacherous, according to his employers.

"That gentleman will never set foot in Perugia again. He was a phenomenon only when he played against Italy," Perugia's president Luciano Gaucci, told the sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I am a nationalist and I regard such behaviour not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offence to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him. I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football."

Since moving from Busan to Perugia in the summer of 2000, Italy had considered Ahn an under-achieving lightweight but his 117th-minute strike engraved his name in the chronicles of Italian catastrophes.

It clinched a 2-1 win for the co-hosts and followed a string of dubious decisions which convinced many Italians the game was rigged. Parliament is due to debate the alleged conspiracy today after media-led fury proclaiming "the death of football".

A Perugia spokesman said the club was close to ditching Ahn even before the World Cup. A decision about his contract had been due by the end of this month. Apparently unaware of Perugia's reaction - and that he was rubbing it in - the 26-year-old said: "Although we won on my goal, I think I should thank Italy. I didn't play much, [but] I've learned a lot and had tough timesin Italy. That has helped me play good matches in this World Cup."

If Ahn is banned from Perugia the whole of Italy is off-limits to Byron Moreno, the Ecuadorian referee whose face was splashed across front pages which accused him of being Fifa's triggerman in a conspiracy to oust Italy.

"The only man with facial cellulite", "at least 15kg over weight", "bug-eyed", "immature", he was all those things and worse, said commentators, who said the Azzurri had been denied a legitimate goal and that Francesco Totti had been unfairly sent off.

"We committed so many errors that we deserved to be shot in the chest. Instead we were shot in the back. This isn't sport. One can accept sporting defeats, with anger and grief, but one cannot accept betrayal," said Corriere dello Sport, beneath a one-word banner headline: "Thieves".

Politicians echoed the players who said Italy had paid the price for lacking representation at Fifa's top echelons. Television and radio chat shows - including Vatican Radio - seethed with claims that Italy's five disallowed "goals" in the finals confirmed a conspiracy, with historians recalling outrages from other tournaments.

"Italy has been thrown out of a dirty World Cup where referees and linesmen are used as hitmen," said Corriere della Sera. "No other team in the entire history of the World Cup has suffered so many injustices."

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:11 pm i am with Cisse on this one 100%
Listen to the difference between how the Senegalese sound and how Nigerians sound. Strong, proud, confident, and love for their country. Tufia! we are definitely bottom barrel, when it comes to human beings.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/08/03/i-wont-sign-african-players-again-unless-napoli-president-fires-warning-to

Post by Bigpokey24 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm When I said this will be an ongoing problem I was accused of "defending europeans"

This WILL affect our players being signed by top clubs.

ANC needs to be in June, and if a country cannot handle holding the tourneys at that time then too bad.

As one said you cannot go to war with those that feed you.

Afcon is the only major tourneys that conflict with the European leagues.
nope, CAF has the final say, not any individual from Europe . Go tell Bayern they cannot sign MAne , Go Tell Chelsea they cannot sign Koulibally,Mendy , Go Tell Barca they cannot sign Kessie . Go tell that Napoli they cannot sign Vic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"I am a nationalist and I regard such behaviour not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offence to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him. I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football."
This guy is stupid.
I mean very stupid.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:50 pm
jette1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:21 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/62440602
To be frank, that Napoli guy was simply spitting bulls...... he really is talking trash. It is a competitive world, if does not sign them, others will and may gain an advantage. What he could simply do is use the fact that such players may be absent for a period, every couple of years, as a wage negotiation advantage. Nothing more, nothing less.
That makes sense.

Dock them 3 or 4 weeks pay. No big deal. Then he can Sharrap.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No, it doesn't. You guys sound like there are tons of top quality players hanging around every transfer season that a small side like Napoli can make such useless negotiations with. The only African players they make such nonsense wage negotiations with are average desparate players that most teams don't want that would be lucky to get invited to the AFCON in the first place. Let Napoli take such position if they like, they will be the ones fighting relegation to seria B every year. Its not like there tons of top quality white Italian player's begging to go to Napoli. The Napoli President is a buffoon.
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 am
jette1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:21 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/62440602
To be frank, that Napoli guy was simply spitting bulls...... he really is talking trash. It is a competitive world, if does not sign them, others will and may gain an advantage. What he could simply do is use the fact that such players may be absent for a period, every couple of years, as a wage negotiation advantage. Nothing more, nothing less.
That makes sense.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:21 am No, it doesn't. You guys sound like there are tons of top quality players hanging around every transfer season that a small side like Napoli can make such useless negotiations with. The only African players they make such nonsense wage negotiations with are average desparate players that most teams don't want that would be lucky to get invited to the AFCON in the first place. Let Napoli take such position if they like, they will be the ones fighting relegation to seria B every year. Its not like there tons of top quality white Italian player's begging to go to Napoli. The Napoli President is a buffoon.
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 am
That makes sense.

It is a market-based system.. When he finds that his offer is meager compared to offers from other clubs, what do you think will happen? The key idea is that if he is fixated on games that they will miss, he cannot simply bar them. He can seek to negotiate on games to be missed but his Leverage, must assuredly, will be impacted by opportunities elsewhere.

What this clearly indicates is that the guy has flown a kite hoping that other clubs will collude with him but that, I believe, will be a blatant violation of the free market rule which will be actionable by the players' union or unions because that amounts to artificial price setting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
akamoke
Re: Napoli Boss - I Won't Sign African Players

Post by akamoke »

Im pretty sure we can lament the deplorable state of Nigerian domestic league while also pointing out outright bigotry from the Napoli coach
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: i-wont-sign-african-players-again-unless-napoli-president-fires-warning-to-osi

Post by Odas »

delisyomie don wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:16 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/08/ ... -anguissa/

delisyomie don wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:15 pm blame the stupid caf, play the game in june july,play where there is not raining season in july or june ,or cover up the stadium or play indoor. is not easy for the european paying big money for players ,look what happened to aina,and nwakali.
Why are you blaming CAF? What is there to blame CAF for? Thus, we should play our continental competition in the RAINING SEASON because of European league/teams?

Which of these was in existence before the other and why didn't the European league/teams suspend their activities during the CAF tournaments?

Must we make all the adjustments for the White people?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/08/03/i-wont-sign-african-players-again-unless-napoli-president-fires-warning-to

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:44 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:15 pm blame the stupid caf, play the game in june july,play where there is not raining season in july or june ,or cover up the stadium or play indoor. is not easy for the european paying big money for players ,look what happened to aina,and nwakali.
:rotf: :rotf: Napoli is not the only club in the world. That is Napoli's loss BTW. Who cares? Other clubs will sign an African player who is good. That is the bottomline. BTW. If Osimhen is fit he will play in the AFCON as scheduled no matter the views of that guy.
KPAM - times (×) - 100
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm When I said this will be an ongoing problem I was accused of "defending europeans"

This WILL affect our players being signed by top clubs.

ANC needs to be in June, and if a country cannot handle holding the tourneys at that time then too bad.

As one said you cannot go to war with those that feed you.

Afcon is the only major tourneys that conflict with the European leagues.
Vancity Eagle,

Please bro, what are you saying? If you mean we (Africa) should hold the AFCON tournament in June (the raining season month), then I wonder if you understand the complete meaning of what you are saying, especially when you 'backed-up' your position by saying if a country can't host the AFCON at such a period, 'then too bad.'

Bros, AFCON cannot be held during the raining season. It will never go well. But let me ask you Vancity, why don't you tell the European league/teams to pulse their teams' activities during the AFCON tournaments?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:38 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:11 pm i am with Cisse on this one 100%
Listen to the difference between how the Senegalese sound and how Nigerians sound. Strong, proud, confident, and love for their country. Tufia! we are definitely bottom barrel, when it comes to human beings.
Im all for strong worded languages and Nigeria did a lot of that in the 70s and 80s with our heavily militant culture/regimes. Civilized world tone down spite fire languages and use diplomacy.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."