Are we playing Portugal in September?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Are we playing Portugal in September?

Post by 1naija »

I saw some posts on Facebook claiming the NFF have secured friendlies with Portugal and Cameroon for September

Bigpokey and Kongi, can you guys scour the internet to get more information on this? It's not like y'all got gaddem jobs.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Are we playing Portugal in September?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:07 pm I saw some posts on Facebook claiming the NFF have secured friendlies with Portugal and Cameroon for September

Bigpokey and Kongi, can you guys scour the internet to get more information on this? It's not like y'all got gaddem jobs.
https://punchng.com/nigeria-to-face-por ... -friendly/
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I'm in Lisbon next month. I wonder if it coincides with my time there.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

All euro teams are playing 2 nations league games in September.

So are you telling me Portugal will play a 3rd match ? Within a 1 week window ? I doubt it.

More likely the game would be in November before the World Cup.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Shame on Naija
Una wan help Portugal beat Ghana. It will never happen
Qatar22 Prediction: Ghana 3-1 Portugal

https://ghanasoccernet.com/nigeria-to-p ... -september
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:04 pm Shame on Naija

Professor Rawlings, if you need our help in beating Portugal, please be bold and say what's on your mind so we can know how to help our brother.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:20 am

Professor Rawlings, if you need our help in beating Portugal, please be bold and say what's on your mind so we can know how to help our brother.
Flight Lieutenant Odas,
Brothers help each other without asking.
Naija is doing this just for the money
Shame on Naija.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:42 am
Odas wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:20 am

Flight Lieutenant Odas,
Brothers help each other without asking.
Naija is doing this just for the money
Shame on Naija.
General Rawlings, it seems you've forgotten a 'small brother' took the 'Qatar' trip from his 'big brother' and the loser of the battle is still wondering what happened.

Thus, if the small brother needs his big brother's help, the small brother must do some things to appease his big brother, else there will be no support. NONE!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

1naija wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:07 pm I saw some posts on Facebook claiming the NFF have secured friendlies with Portugal and Cameroon for September

CONGRATULATIONS, NFF

All I ask now is for the shirts to have names at the back. Player numbers also, of course. Plenty of time for that undertaking arrangement, so no excuses.
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 am

CONGRATULATIONS, NFF

All I ask now is for the shirts to have names at the back. Player numbers also, of course. Plenty of time for that undertaking arrangement, so no excuses.
Bell
Belk

Why names cannot be heated onto the back of these shirts remains surprising given that it takes little time to do such.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

CONGRATULATIONS, NFF

Bell
Bell

Why names are be heated onto the back of these shirts remains surprising given that it takes little time to do such.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the game is on November 17, 7 days before their first WC match ( that maybe the only match they player after players are released on the 7th of November ( they also play Spain and Czech in September)

The SE will be playing Cameroon in October
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:39 pm the game is on November 17, 7 days before their first WC match ( that maybe the only match they player after players are released on the 7th of November ( they also play Spain and Czech in September)

Bigpokey,

Is Cameroon the only opponent billed for October?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

October ?

I think you mean September. There is no FIFA window in October.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 pm October ?

I think you mean September. There is no FIFA window in October.
My error, yes September.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:25 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:39 pm the game is on November 17, 7 days before their first WC match ( that maybe the only match they player after players are released on the 7th of November ( they also play Spain and Czech in September)

Bigpokey,

Is Cameroon the only opponent billed for October?
yes so far.. not sure if there will be a 2nd team as of now
SuperEagles

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:48 am
General Rawlings, it seems you've forgotten a 'small brother' took the 'Qatar' trip from his 'big brother' and the loser of the battle is still wondering what happened.

Thus, if the small brother needs his big brother's help, the small brother must do some things to appease his big brother, else there will be no support. NONE!
Naija never dey behave like brother
  • 1980s: Naija kicks out Ghanaians (legal & illegals) from the country without compensation
    1990s: Naija refuses to support Ghana's failing economy. We had to rely on Oyibo
    2000s: Naija people escape Naija to Ghana to disturb our peace.
    Today: Dem still dey dia today (living in big mansions and driving Bentleys & Lambos)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:35 pm

• 1980s: Naija kicks out Ghanaians (legal & illegals) from the country without compensation
    1990s: Naija refuses to support Ghana's failing economy. We had to rely on Oyibo
    Today: Dem still dey dia today (living in big mansions and driving Bentleys & Lambos)
Reverend Rawlings,

I am surprised you changed the topic. We are dealing with football, so let's keep it on football only, please

But for a simple response to the points you raised, Reverend Rawlings, do you remember when Ghana was called 'Gold coast?' Do you remember what Ghana did to Nigerians before sending Nigerians out of Ghana?

Lately, do you know how many Nigerian Shops closed 'officially and unofficially' by your people under false pretenses?

General, I am going to stop there (here).
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

OctoberFriendly Nigeria v Cameroon TBD
17 NovemberFriendly Portugal v Nigeria TBD
March2023 AFCON qualification Nigeria v Guinea-Bissau Abuja, Nigeria
March2023 AFCON qualification Guinea-Bissau v Nigeria
June2023 AFCON qualification Sierra Leone v Nigeria
September2023 AFCON qualification Nigeria v São Tomé and Príncipe Abuja, Nigeria
SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:58 am

CONGRATULATIONS, NFF

Bell
Bell

Why names are be heated onto the back of these shirts remains surprising given that it takes little time to do such.
AGREED, eii

Over to the NFF and Nike.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You arr 100% right. Nigeria should have and should compensate Ghanaians that were in the country legally and were unlawfully deported. The Ghana must go crusade was primarily in Lagos.

The difference between then and now is that most Ghanaians including the educated ones were riding cyclists and drinking Akpeteshi unlike the Nigerians drinking champagnes and driving Lamborghini in Ghana now.

Nigerians are an ungrateful bunch. Ghana must Go is the most shameful thing Nigeria has done. But then again this is the same people that fired live bullets into End SARS protesters in the same Lagos. If they can do that to Nigerians, who are Ghanaians? :mad:
Rawlings wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:35 pm

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bump
SuperEagles