This is Nigeria's new kit??!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: This is Nigeria's new kit??!

Post by Odas »

joao wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:18 pm Nothing wrong with the design.
I bet if we win a major competition with this outfit, many will be eager to rock it.
BTW, the design of the jersey means little with a team that plays good football, and
with many trophies in its showcase
... fine! Thus what happens to a team which plays good football, but has no trophies in its Cupboard?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:02 pm Nike are starting to act like a little kid you tell is funny, so he tries hard to do funny stuff that are actually not funny to maintain that funny status you gave him.
1Naija, are you saying Nike is being a 'poop-asss?'
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Actually, FIFA clearly defines what a sporting jersey should look like. Consult the controversy that involved the Puma jumpsuit produced for Cameroon years ago that FIFA banned and clarified. FIFA has produced the definition of what a jersey should be and this assuredly meets that definition.
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:30 pm Yes, it looks like ankara buba! A Jersey should look like a sporting attire!
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:13 am
Gotti wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 am Doubtful that's a jersey...
Seems more likely to be lounge wear players or officials would kick back at the hotel in.
Pretty obvious to me.
How anyone can conclude it to be the SE ‘jersey’ is baffling.
As lounge wear, I like it. :thumb:
Why can't it be a jersey? Are there criteria for a jersey that it does not meet?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Igugu wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:34 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:02 am

I... err.... first impression is, nah.
Na tie dye shirt we go carry play football. This jihadist wan turn us to Mallams but the pre-match jersey no bad sha
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/08/ ... shirt.html
You sure say no be for Niger Republic dem design am? How dem fit just give us anything dem want and we go accept am?
Aaaaah, but we accepted it last time, which eventually turned out to be a very good one, so we should as well accept this one, Ithink.

On the other hand, these Jerseys are usually NOT produced without the input, or approval of a nation's football governing body. Thus, good or bad, this Jersey is NOT the handiwork of Nike alone
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Seems more likely to be lounge wear players or officials would kick back at the hotel in.
Pretty obvious to me.
Why can't it be a jersey? Are there criteria for a jersey that it does not meet?
Prof, that is almost certainly casual wear you are looking at.
The real jersey may be based on the same pattern but not identical. Or it might be totally different.

Have you not seen the other leisurewear associated with the current and immediate past jerseys? Some are totally different from the actual SE jersey.

Look at this Nike top for instance. How similar is it to the SE jersey?

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:42 am
Pretty obvious to me.
The real jersey may be based on the same pattern but not identical. Or it might be totally different.

Have you not seen the other leisurewear associated with the current and immediate past jerseys? Some are totally different from the actual SE jersey.

Damunk

I do not know if it is the match jersey or not. However, my take is that the design patterns do not determine that. Nigeria has used nifty designs that are extreme before. Note the one used as far back as the 1994 AFCON final to the most recent. Those extreme designs can stand out. I must admit, however, I am not a designer nor am I one that has the talent to judge them but I feel that an oddity helps.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:55 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:42 am
Pretty obvious to me.

Damunk

I do not know if it is the match jersey or not. However, my take is that the design patterns do not determine that. Nigeria has used nifty designs that are extreme before. Note the one used as far back as the 1994 AFCON final to the most recent. Those extreme designs can stand out. I must admit, however, I am not a designer nor am I one that has the talent to judge them but I feel that an oddity helps.
Nobody knows for sure but everybody is acting as if they do and are getting upset about it.
No need.
I'm pretty confident it will turn out to be leisure wear.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I wouldn't have risked blowing a fuse like people are doing here.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

It looks too busy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

solo wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:10 pm It looks too busy
Is that not the hallmark of an African print based on Euro perspective?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well I’ll wait for 2026 hopefully I’ll have a reason to buy one.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:08 pm Well I’ll wait for 2026 hopefully I’ll have a reason to buy one.
Ol'boy na new one dem go bring out by 2026 . Dis one, if na correct one, go don expire!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I am reading through this thread and I am seeing potential customers for the Naija Prince email and Gomment seize my money emails... :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:35 pm
Beautiful.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This is the worst kit ever? Do we have to change kit every time like underwear? Bland. Looks like an away kit for any West African Country
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Nike makes it difficult for us in the United States to purchase the authentic (Dri-FIT ADV) version of Nigerian kits.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:14 pm This is the worst kit ever? Do we have to change kit every time like underwear? Bland. Looks like an away kit for any West African Country
highbury,

Kits need to changed regularly, ooo! This forces the market to purchase and that is money in the bank. People often like to keep up by having the newest versions and marketers understand that. However, you got to tweak it enough for people to clearly notice the differences.

For me, I do not like any of these. I thought Nigeria was among pace setters by pushing designs to the extreme. This isn't it. It looks like England changing kits. LOL!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »