Umar Sadiq - Gerard humiliation to 30 mil valuation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Umar Sadiq - Gerard humiliation to 30 mil valuation

Post by YUJAM »

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spani ... b459d.html

Umar Sadiq: From being humiliated by Gerrard to costing almost 30 million euros

The last two years have gone well for Umar Sadiq, one of the big names of the summer transfer window, but football has not always been kind to the Nigerian.

The striker has spent time with up to 10 different clubs between 2013 and 2020, when he signed for Almeria.

His beginnings were not easy in Kaduna, a town in northern Nigeria, where he was born. However, in 2013, at the age of 16, he played in a youth tournament in Croatia and his team, Kusa Boys, became champions.

The opportunity to play in Europe was offered to him by Spezia's youth team, until Roma secured his loan with an option to buy for 2.5 million euros.

It was there that, after convincing Rudi Garcia, he played his first minutes in professional football in 2015.

From loan to loan and his worst moment with Gerrard

Despite this, the lack of minutes in a team in which Mohamed Salah was playing, made him look for opportunities abroad, all of them on loan from the Roman club.

He had spells with Bologna, Torino and NAC Breda, before arriving at Rangers, then coached by the legendary Steven Gerrard. It was undoubtedly the worst period of his career.

Sadiq was ostracised by the former England player and even stated in an interview with The Sunday Post that Gerrard "humiliated" him, forcing him to change "with the kids".

"Suddenly I was told I couldn't use the first-team changing room any more. I had to change with the kids and a few days later I was even banned from parking my car inside the sports centre," Sadiq said in that interview.

The striker later admitted to Omasport Nigeria that "when I was playing for Rangers I used to go home crying because things were not going well and I could see that my dream was slipping away".

His great year at Partizan led to a move to Almeria

After a spell at Perugia, Partizan Belgrade bought him on loan in the 2019 summer transfer window and just a few months later, in January, he was bought for 2.5 million euros.

There, after a great year with 17 goals and 17 assists in 39 appearances, he caught the eye of then Almeria coach Jose Gomes, who asked the club to sign him.

In two seasons he has scored 20 and 18 goals respectively, standing out as one of the best strikers in the Segunda Division.

Now at 25 years old, he is on his way to breaking the record for the biggest sale by Almeria for almost 30 million euros.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Omar Sadiq - Gerard humiliation to 30 mil valuation

Post by Dammy »

Gerrard is doing the same thing to Tyrone Mings. I just read the story on BBC and my mind went straight to his treatment of Sadiq at Rangers. You don't tell a young player that you don't know how a team of Roma's calibre signed him. Gerrard needs to work on his man management.
I am happy
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:43 am Gerrard is doing the same thing to Tyrone Mings. I just read the story on BBC and my mind went straight to his treatment of Sadiq at Rangers. You don't tell a young player that you don't know how a team of Roma's calibre signed him. Gerrard needs to work on his man management.
Very true. Gerrard was always a hot head, coming from a family linked to the Liverpool underworld.

But I must admit, Sadiq can sometimes look so poor you begin to wonder how he made it so far. I guess Gerrard managed him at one of his lowest periods in football. He has improved but still a long way to go. I still don’t rate him but I am not a professional football manager. 😊
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:38 am
Dammy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:43 am Gerrard is doing the same thing to Tyrone Mings. I just read the story on BBC and my mind went straight to his treatment of Sadiq at Rangers. You don't tell a young player that you don't know how a team of Roma's calibre signed him. Gerrard needs to work on his man management.
Very true. Gerrard was always a hot head, coming from a family linked to the Liverpool underworld.

But I must admit, Sadiq can sometimes look so poor you begin to wonder how he made it so far. I guess Gerrard managed him at one of his lowest periods in football. He has improved but still a long way to go. I still don’t rate him but I am not a professional football manager. 😊
What the heck ? Are you ok? You sound off.. so Sadiq is at fault and Gerald is right..
SuperEagles

Β© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:42 am

What the heck ? Are you ok? You sound off.. so Sadiq is at fault and Gerald is right..
Bigpork does it again. There are 2 paragraphs in my post (that's if you even understand what that means.).

The first agrees that Gerrard needs to work on his man management skills.

The second is my opinion on Sadiq and why I wouldn't be surprised that Gerrard didn't fancy him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 am

Bigpork does it again. There are 2 paragraphs in my post (that's if you even understand what that means.).

The first agrees that Gerrard needs to work on his man management skills.

The second is my opinion on Sadiq and why I wouldn't be surprised that Gerrard didn't fancy him.
so you are taking a stance like some white folks who states " but i have black friends" or better yet like those who get shot by cops for being black ..smh
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:48 am https://www.marca.com/en/football/spani ... b459d.html

The last two years have gone well for Umar Sadiq, one of the big names of the summer transfer window, but football has not always been kind to the Nigerian.

The striker has spent time with up to 10 different clubs between 2013 and 2020, when he signed for Almeria.

His beginnings were not easy in Kaduna, a town in northern Nigeria, where he was born. However, in 2013, at the age of 16, he played in a youth tournament in Croatia and his team, Kusa Boys, became champions.

The opportunity to play in Europe was offered to him by Spezia's youth team, until Roma secured his loan with an option to buy for 2.5 million euros.

It was there that, after convincing Rudi Garcia, he played his first minutes in professional football in 2015.

Despite this, the lack of minutes in a team in which Mohamed Salah was playing, made him look for opportunities abroad, all of them on loan from the Roman club.

He had spells with Bologna, Torino and NAC Breda, before arriving at Rangers, then coached by the legendary Steven Gerrard. It was undoubtedly the worst period of his career.

Sadiq was ostracised by the former England player and even stated in an interview with The Sunday Post that Gerrard "humiliated" him, forcing him to change "with the kids".

"Suddenly I was told I couldn't use the first-team changing room any more. I had to change with the kids and a few days later I was even banned from parking my car inside the sports centre," Sadiq said in that interview.

The striker later admitted to Omasport Nigeria that "when I was playing for Rangers I used to go home crying because things were not going well and I could see that my dream was slipping away".

After a spell at Perugia, Partizan Belgrade bought him on loan in the 2019 summer transfer window and just a few months later, in January, he was bought for 2.5 million euros.

There, after a great year with 17 goals and 17 assists in 39 appearances, he caught the eye of then Almeria coach Jose Gomes, who asked the club to sign him.

In two seasons he has scored 20 and 18 goals respectively, standing out as one of the best strikers in the Segunda Division.

Now at 25 years old, he is on his way to breaking the record for the biggest sale by Almeria for almost 30 million euros.
Yujam

Reading this can be infuriating. The language "he was bought" is just plain ridiculous even though it is widely used in tge media. One would think the slave trade ended eons ago. Christ!!! Could they not simply refer to "right to his contract was acquired" placing emphasis on the contract?

If I was editing that medium, such writing will end up in a trash can somewhere. Rubbish writing.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What do Umar and Mings have in common?

Do you also remember when Sven Ericksson invited Theo Walcott to the 2006 world cup squad? and how Gerrard reacted and treated Theo when he saw him on the plane? And then he then went on to write it in his book to publicly humiliate Walcott? What does Theo have in common with Sadiq and Mings?

Anyone who knows Gerrard, know him well. And thats why you see these liverpool black fans who worship him and you just shake your head.

There is a reason it was monumental when Demba Ba was the one who denied Gerrard a league title. That will always be in history. A Black African! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The slave will always look for a way to defend his master. Shameless lollypop
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enugu II wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:55 pm
YUJAM wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:48 am https://www.marca.com/en/football/spani ... b459d.html

Yujam

Reading this can be infuriating. The language "he was bought" is just plain ridiculous even though that phrase is widely used in the media. One would think the slave trade ended eons ago. Christ!!! Could they not simply refer to "right to his contract was acquired" placing emphasis on the contract?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Do you also remember when Sven Ericksson invited Theo Walcott to the 2006 world cup squad? and how Gerrard reacted and treated Theo when he saw him on the plane? And then he then went on to write it in his book to publicly humiliate Walcott? What does Theo have in common with Sadiq and Mings?

Anyone who knows Gerrard, know him well. And thats why you see these liverpool black fans who worship him and you just shake your head.

There is a reason it was monumental when Demba Ba was the one who denied Gerrard a league title. That will always be in history. A Black African! :clap:
Add El-Haj Diouf to the list but he gave as good as he got to both Gerrard and Carragher.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Add El-Haj Diouf to the list but he gave as good as he got to both Gerrard and Carragher.
Phew! I actually forgot about El-hadji! He stood up to him and put him right in his place. Like I said in another thread, I love Senegalese people for this, they dont accept nonsense, when it comes to disrespect of their skin color, nation or their continent. Nigerians on the other hand? Those ones will even help the oyibo to spit on their country. Tufiakwa!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Umar Sadiq - Gerard humiliation to 30 mil valuation

Post by danfo driver »

Before we forget, Gerrard also humiliated Salif Diao. Another brother.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... o-13136800
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If you are performing, there's little option a manager has than to play you.

This is Gerrard on Mings:
"We said to Tyrone 'if you get back to your consistent best, you'll be back in the team'."
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Yujam

Reading this can be infuriating. The language "he was bought" is just plain ridiculous even though it is widely used in tge media. One would think the slave trade ended eons ago. Christ!!! Could they not simply refer to "right to his contract was acquired" placing emphasis on the contract?

If I was editing that medium, such writing will end up in a trash can somewhere. Rubbish writing.

It is used in the context of contract.

You really should know better. This is PC gone amok...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Further issues with Watkins I understand.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... p-25932769

El-Hadji.. one of my favorite African ballers

SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Showboy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm Further issues with Watkins I understand.
Wonder what Watkins has in common with the others.

But hey! TxJ is up and ready, standing like a firm preek, ready to penetrate anyone for his beloved! :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Yujam

Ofcourse, it the perspective that you share is the mentality of a pre-colonial. Post-colony mentality have excavated such words and how they limit perspectives. This is just one. Thanks to to initiated who recognize the effects and work and continue to work to identify and eliminate them.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:07 pm
txj wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Yujam

Ofcourse, it the perspective that you share is the mentality of a pre-colonial. Post-colony mentality have excavated such words and how they limit perspectives. This is just one. Thanks to to initiated who recognize the effects and work and continue to work to identify and eliminate them.

Context, bro.
Context......

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

His nickname as a player was Stevie-Me. The piece of trash is well known to be selfish and self-centered.
Bigpokey24 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:05 pm
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

danfo driver wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:04 pm
Showboy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm Further issues with Watkins I understand.
Wonder what Watkins has in common with the others.

But hey! TxJ is up and ready, standing like a firm preek, ready to penetrate anyone for his beloved! :lol:
They are all black like Aribo.