FRANCE VS NIGERIA (FT 0:1)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: FRANCE VS NIGERIA (FT 0:1)

Post by Cally »

Really enjoyed watching our girls in this game. I thought the captain, the right back, the goal scorer, and the left footed playmaker were standouts.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cally wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 pm Really enjoyed watching our girls in this game. I thought the captain, the right back, the goal scorer, and the left footed playmaker were standouts.
It has made my weekend.
I’m going to watch the full match replay with my chilled home-made Chapman tomorrow.
The little I saw in the first half warmed my spirit…. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FRANCE VS NIGERIA (HT 0:0)

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 am if we make the finals i dey go Costa Rica
na lie, when was last time you saw an airport
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:40 am
Odas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:12 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 am I dont trust this our GK.
In both our men and women teams, we have no goalkeepers. I think it will continue to cost us games, until we find reliable keepers
Na lie. Super Falcons, Nnadozie is top level. Helped her team to the Champions League for the first time in their history. One of the best in the French league.
The Nnadozie I saw during the WAFCON wasn't good. I base my decision on all the games I saw her play in the competition, and I mean ALL the games, NOT just one
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:05 pm
In both our men and women teams, we have no goalkeepers. I think it will continue to cost us games, until we find reliable keepers
Na lie. Super Falcons, Nnadozie is top level. Helped her team to the Champions League for the first time in their history. One of the best in the French league.
The Nnadozie I saw during the WAFCON wasn't good. I base my decision on all the games I saw her play in the competition, and I mean ALL the games, NOT just one
Nnadozie is a very good goalkeeper that just had an average tournament.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:18 pm
Nnadozie is a very good goalkeeper that just had an average tournament.
Chiamaka Nnadozie is an EXCELLENT goalkeeper...
Not only did she keep us in the Moroccan game, but she won a league-wide Bruno Martini GK Award in France.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Thank you all for not letting folks denigrate Nnadozie based on a few mistakes at Wafcon. She’s still very young and already on her way to being one of the world’s best. Reminds me of Enyeama circa 2004 in terms of her level.

The future is bright.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You might be right in your observations but very wrong in your conclusion.
You need to watch her over a period of time, not 4 or 5 games.
Like someone said, her name is being mentioned in much bigger circles, making her a future contender for a global status.
Many of us have been following her from right back in her U20 days and predicted her rise.

So consider you might have been premature in your judgement of her.
It’s no crime though.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Even in the WAFCON, she made only 1 error that unfortunately lead to Morocco's equaliser. Even that didn't stop her from winning player of the match. I can't fathom any other game where she was bad. Please enlighten me.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Even in the WAFCON, she made only 1 error that unfortunately lead to Morocco's equaliser. Even that didn't stop her from winning player of the match. I can't fathom any other game where she was bad. Please enlighten me.
But how many errors do you need ? this is a position where one has to be flawless since any mistake equals a goal especially in a crucial match bring the reason we sat home and watched
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That is a very unrealistic expectation for any human. Every player that has ever graced the field has at one time or another made a costly mistake. And this applies to all goalkeepers bar none.
jette1 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 pm

But how many errors do you need ? this is a position where one has to be flawless since any mistake equals a goal especially in a crucial match bring the reason we sat home and watched
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Any where to get the full match video?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Cito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:54 pm That is a very unrealistic expectation for any human. Every player that has ever graced the field has at one time or another made a costly mistake. And this applies to all goalkeepers bar none.
jette1 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 pm

Couldn't have said it any better. I rest my case.