Esther Onyenezide must be drafted to the Falcons ASAP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Esther Onyenezide must be drafted to the Falcons ASAP

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:57 pm The US is a much better team!

Do you honestly think she is better right now than any of the midfielders that started for the Super Falcons in Morocco? I think she is good at this level right now but not better than what we currently have in the SF.I therefore agree with Otitokoro that she should not be rushed .
First, what’s this sophistry you all keep banging on about “right now”?
Is there any competition or games the Falcons are involved in “right now”?

Obviously, the goal is ultimately the 2023 WC and the prep towards it, starting later this year with the announced friendlies against Japan and US. Nonetheless, as Damunk rightly noted, we don’t know if she’s any “better” than the ones we gave in the Falcons right now - until we try her. GK Chiamaka Nnadozie, arrived at the 2019 senior WC as a RESERVE after playing for the Falconets in the 2018 WC and was on the bench for the first 2019 WC game (presumably because she was not considered “better” than the GK we had then, Tochukwu Oluehi, who the starter for the 2018 WAFCON WINNING - not 4th-placed - side), but got her chance after the first game and has been irreplaceable ever since.

Talent (and it’s application) is not turn-by-turn. You do not stand in chronological age order to manifest it.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:06 am
Adisboy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:40 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pmNo one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!
Having followed this team since its first U20WWCQ game, she, alongside Flourish, Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola have been the outstanding players on the team, as evidenced in yesterday's game. Some had (at the time) advocated they be drafted immediately into the SF - which I thought was rather premature.
It is important that they be allowed to grow and not be set up for failure. That's why the approach of letting them play at this U20WWC (without the distraction of the SF) is the right one. Let them gain this experience at the world level and see how they respond, then bring them aboard. Like I stated, this was just one game of hopefully several they will play in this competition.
Mind you, we also cannot disregard the fact that there might still be others on the squad who might shine above the 5 mentioned...we don't know. It is therefore important that they go through this campaign before we start all the talk about the SF. I am hopefully confident that these young ladies will be useful and valuable additions to the SF in the not too distant future.
KPOM to the highlighted. After this tournament, it's only natural that the exceptional ones move up to the Super Falcons e.g. Oparanozie, Ohale from 2010 to 2011 WC, Asisat, Dike from 2014 to 2015 WC, Nnadozie, Ajibade, Okeke from 2018 to 2019 WC etc. I believe Flourish, Esther, Demehin, Abiodun, Idoko all have chances of making the 2023 WC.
You folks need to quit trying to be clever by half... :lol:

The OP wrote "ASAP", when would that be if not "after this tournament"?
Or do you both think the idea is to pull them from the WC and send them to presently idle Falcons?! SMH

Falcons Nicole Payne is a year or two older than these girls and didn't have the benefit of WC experience...
Meanwhile, we've seen Tosin Demehin play for the Falcons in one of the US tour games, and she got good reviews on CE.
The highlighted comment makes absolutely no sense. Is Nicole Payne eligible or a current member of the Falconets? Did she have a World Cup tournament to play approximately 2 weeks after the WAFCON? We are have been talking about members of the current Falconets team who had started preps for the world cup around the same time the senior team was at WAFCON and you bring up Nicole Payne. I don't get it.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So what are you saying? That we should force her in the Super Falcons even though she has not shown that she is better than the players currently on the team? Should we try her other teammates in the Super Falcons to see if they are better than the other SF players too? If she continues to improve and play well she will end up in the Super Falcons eventually. I don't see why that advancement or promotion to the senior national team should be forced.

That was my first time of seeing her play, so maybe it's because I didnt see her other performances that show her to be far superior than the current SF midfielders.
Gotti wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:19 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:57 pm The US is a much better team!

Do you honestly think she is better right now than any of the midfielders that started for the Super Falcons in Morocco? I think she is good at this level right now but not better than what we currently have in the SF.I therefore agree with Otitokoro that she should not be rushed .
First, what’s this sophistry you all keep banging on about “right now”?
Is there any competition or games the Falcons are involved in “right now”?

Obviously, the goal is ultimately the 2023 WC and the prep towards it, starting later this year with the announced friendlies against Japan and US. Nonetheless, as Damunk rightly noted, we don’t know if she’s any “better” than the ones we gave in the Falcons right now - until we try her. GK Chiamaka Nnadozie, arrived at the 2019 senior WC as a RESERVE after playing for the Falconets in the 2018 WC and was on the bench for the first 2019 WC game (presumably because she was not considered “better” than the GK we had then, Tochukwu Oluehi, who the starter for the 2018 WAFCON WINNING - not 4th-placed - side), but got her chance after the first game and has been irreplaceable ever since.

Talent (and it’s application) is not turn-by-turn. You do not stand in chronological age order to manifest it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:19 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pm No one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!
Having followed this team since its first U20WWCQ game, she, alongside Flourish, Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola have been the outstanding players on the team, as evidenced in yesterday's game. Some had (at the time) advocated they be drafted immediately into the SF - which I thought was rather premature.
It is important that they be allowed to grow and not be set up for failure. That's why the approach of letting them play at this U20WWC (without the distraction of the SF) is the right one. Let them gain this experience at the world level and see how they respond, then bring them aboard. Like I stated, this was just one game of hopefully several they will play in this competition.
Mind you, we also cannot disregard the fact that there might still be others on the squad who might shine above the 5 mentioned...we don't know. It is therefore important that they go through this campaign before we start all the talk about the SF. I am hopefully confident that these young ladies will be useful and valuable additions to the SF in the not too distant future.
Gotti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pmCan we please let these young ladies grow and blossom, instead of putting undue pressure on them?
This was just game 1 of the U20 WWC and hopefully, we still have several more to go.
She's an EXCELLENT young player...
As anyone remotely familiar with this team and/or the domestic league can attest to.

But some will wait till she moves abroad (or plays for an FC :lol: ) to acknowledge it...
Either way, let me reaffirm, sans a disaster, she should be in contention for the 2023 WWC squad
i guess you didn't watch the games in Morroco as well as the ones yesterday. When you see a player that has it , you know by default that player is ready for the big dance. Anyone who saw Esther yesterday , knows she is a special talent . She should be part of the team right away and given an opportunity . We are playing the USA in September, if the coach is wise, he would add her to meet up with the squad ASAP . This way she gets the feel of being part of the team gaining experience.

Are you also telling us a year from now that she won't be ready for the Worldcup? We have an entire year to improve the team. nah wah ooo
Let me also tell you something i am very confident the Bayelasa Queens would defeat the current Super Falcons
Hmm, really? Bayelsa Queens will beat the current Super Falcons (SF)? Are you sure of that, Bigpokey24? To me, the SF are not bad.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Odas wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:54 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:19 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pm No one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!
Gotti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pmCan we please let these young ladies grow and blossom, instead of putting undue pressure on them?
This was just game 1 of the U20 WWC and hopefully, we still have several more to go.
She's an EXCELLENT young player...
As anyone remotely familiar with this team and/or the domestic league can attest to.

But some will wait till she moves abroad (or plays for an FC :lol: ) to acknowledge it...
Either way, let me reaffirm, sans a disaster, she should be in contention for the 2023 WWC squad
i guess you didn't watch the games in Morroco as well as the ones yesterday. When you see a player that has it , you know by default that player is ready for the big dance. Anyone who saw Esther yesterday , knows she is a special talent . She should be part of the team right away and given an opportunity . We are playing the USA in September, if the coach is wise, he would add her to meet up with the squad ASAP . This way she gets the feel of being part of the team gaining experience.

Are you also telling us a year from now that she won't be ready for the Worldcup? We have an entire year to improve the team. nah wah ooo
Let me also tell you something i am very confident the Bayelasa Queens would defeat the current Super Falcons
Hmm, really? Bayelsa Queens will beat the current Super Falcons (SF)? Are you sure of that, Bigpokey24? To me, the SF are not bad.
What exactly does it prove even if they beat SF; does it then mean they would become super falcons. Lets stop all these empty meaningless bear parlor talks that has no way of being proven since the 2 sides will never play each other. It's same as arguing that I would beat Tyson knowing fully well that would never be proven
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Jette1 have you forgotten how the SE used to play local club sides prior to an international match?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 pmThe highlighted comment makes absolutely no sense. Is Nicole Payne eligible or a current member of the Falconets? Did she have a World Cup tournament to play approximately 2 weeks after the WAFCON? We are have been talking about members of the current Falconets team who had started preps for the world cup around the same time the senior team was at WAFCON and you bring up Nicole Payne. I don't get it.
Of course it "makes absolutely no sense" to YOU, since apparently very little does... :lol:
Young players do not have to play in the U20 WC (or in any youth NT) to fit into the senior national team. SMH

Meanwhile, the rest of your spiel "makes absolutely no sense" to anyone else...
OP said "ASAP" (and I said AFTER the WC and even WC 2023), so what are you blathering on about WAFCON?!
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:12 pm So what are you saying? That we should force her in the Super Falcons even though she has not shown that she is better than the players currently on the team? Should we try her other teammates in the Super Falcons to see if they are better than the other SF players too? If she continues to improve and play well she will end up in the Super Falcons eventually. I don't see why that advancement or promotion to the senior national team should be forced.

That was my first time of seeing her play, so maybe it's because I didnt see her other performances that show her to be far superior than the current SF midfielders.
How will she "shown that she is better" other than being called up?
When Yobo was made assistant SE coach, how did he show he was "better" than those already there?! :lol:

Meanwhile, the sophistry about "forced" (and "right now") is just silly semantics...
No particular set of players OWN the SFs, and prospects who excel DESERVE a chance to compete for places!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Should we call up her other teammates to see if they are better too?

Yobo is a Global icon and Nigerian legend. He can fo as he pleases.
Gotti wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:08 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:12 pm So what are you saying? That we should force her in the Super Falcons even though she has not shown that she is better than the players currently on the team? Should we try her other teammates in the Super Falcons to see if they are better than the other SF players too? If she continues to improve and play well she will end up in the Super Falcons eventually. I don't see why that advancement or promotion to the senior national team should be forced.

How will she "shown that she is better" other than being called up?
When Yobo was made assistant SE coach, how did he show he was "better" than those already there?! :lol:

Meanwhile, the sophistry about "forced" (and "right now") is just silly semantics...
No particular set of players OWN the SFs, and prospects who excel DESERVE a chance to compete for places!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:00 pm
Adisboy wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 pmThe highlighted comment makes absolutely no sense. Is Nicole Payne eligible or a current member of the Falconets? Did she have a World Cup tournament to play approximately 2 weeks after the WAFCON? We are have been talking about members of the current Falconets team who had started preps for the world cup around the same time the senior team was at WAFCON and you bring up Nicole Payne. I don't get it.
Of course it "makes absolutely no sense" to YOU, since apparently very little does... :lol:
Young players do not have to play in the U20 WC (or in any youth NT) to fit into the senior national team. SMH

Meanwhile, the rest of your spiel "makes absolutely no sense" to anyone else...
OP said "ASAP" (and I said AFTER the WC and even WC 2023), so what are you blathering on about WAFCON?!
Chief OP master. Your ability to argue off-point is legendary. The whole premise of this is about the current members of the Falconet's but maybe it's too simple for a convoluted mind. I mean how confused can you get.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:05 pmShould we call up her other teammates to see if they are better too?

Yobo is a Global icon and Nigerian legend. He can fo as he pleases.
Why not? If they similarly EXCEL at their current level?
The skipper Demehin was called for the US tour and started AHEAD of Akudo Ogbonna who played at WAFCON.

You are confusing football with consuming gworo! Football is NOT based on "respect your elders"! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maybe una go soon change una mind about this talent
SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

shes not ready according to 1naija, because, because, she's not ready!
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:42 am shes not ready according to 1naija, because, because, she's not ready!
1naija is the forum jester.
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I did not watch today's game, so I don't know how she performed. This thread was about her performance agaisnt France. My comments had nothing to do with readiness. I did say she was good, but that based on her performance against France, she is not better than the midfielders we currently have in the SF.

Maybe you are confusing my position with Gotti's that think we should jam pack her in the SF whether she likes it or not.😁
King Futcha wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:42 am shes not ready according to 1naija, because, because, she's not ready!
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:24 am I did not watch today's game, so I don't know how she performed. This thread was about her performance agaisnt France. My comments had nothing to do with readiness. I did say she was good, but that based on her performance against France, she is not better than the midfielders we currently have in the SF.

Maybe you are confusing my posotion with Gotti's that think we shoukd jam pack her in the SF whether she likes it or not.😁
So you will drop Onyenezide for Rita Chikwelu abi? Yea I think you are on drugs. :glare:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:15 pmChief OP master. Your ability to argue off-point is legendary. The whole premise of this is about the current members of the Falconet's but maybe it's too simple for a convoluted mind. I mean how confused can you get.
The more you drivel...
The more you stuff both your feet down your own gullet. :lol:

Yes, the so-called "premise" is to draft her "ASAP" to compete against curreent SF midfielders...
What's so "convoluted" about such a BASIC concept? Didn't U20 Nnadozie SUCCESSFULLY compete against then "current" SF GK?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

After seeing highlights of the Korea game, I now think Esther can add value to the SF...at least from the bench for now.

But how come no one is giving the goalkeeper that you all crucified against France any credit in this game? She made key saves that would have cost us the game if they went in.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Esther lady and their captain should be in camp with the Super Falcons.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Cellular wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:34 pm The Esther lady and their captain should be in camp with the Super Falcons.
:agree: :agree:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:24 am I did not watch today's game, so I don't know how she performed. This thread was about her performance agaisnt France. My comments had nothing to do with readiness. I did say she was good, but that based on her performance against France, she is not better than the midfielders we currently have in the SF.

Maybe you are confusing my position with Gotti's that think we should jam pack her in the SF whether she likes it or not.😁
respectfully mr sooner i would never mistake your position as one of the greatest backup running backs in OU history, oh you mean your position on the callup, no sir I did not confuse it.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:34 pm The Esther lady and their captain should be in camp with the Super Falcons.
and the number 9 mr president.
Saints baby we did it
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Esther and the No. 9 are actually too small in size
Those dudes on the USWNT will kwak them off the pitch. Imagine them playing against Michae ... I mean Michelle Akers back in the day. He would have kicked them around the pitch like a soccer ball.

[