Esther Onyenezide must be drafted to the Falcons ASAP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Esther Onyenezide must be drafted to the Falcons ASAP

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Esther Onyenezide must be drafted to the Falcons ASAP

Post by Gotti »

As I have been saying all along...
The ideal long-term replacement for Rita Chikwelu!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

She is good.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

She dropped out for large patches of the game. She is a good prospect but she is not ready for the Super Falcons yet. A good team like the US will shut her down.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:30 am She dropped out for large patches of the game. She is a good prospect but she is not ready for the Super Falcons yet. A good team like the US will shut her down.
So the France team is a bad team?
Just asking…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:30 am She dropped out for large patches of the game. She is a good prospect but she is not ready for the Super Falcons yet. A good team like the US will shut her down.
one naira; na wich wan be large patches of game.
this girl and ajibade go do film tricks
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Can we please let these young ladies grow and blossom, instead of putting undue pressure on them?
This was just game 1 of the U20 WWC and hopefully, we still have several more to go.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pmCan we please let these young ladies grow and blossom, instead of putting undue pressure on them?
This was just game 1 of the U20 WWC and hopefully, we still have several more to go.
She's an EXCELLENT young player...
As anyone remotely familiar with this team and/or the domestic league can attest to.

But some will wait till she moves abroad (or plays for an FC :lol: ) to acknowledge it...
Either way, let me reaffirm, sans a disaster, she should be in contention for the 2023 WWC squad.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

No one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!
Having followed this team since its first U20WWCQ game, she, alongside Flourish, Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola have been the outstanding players on the team, as evidenced in yesterday's game. Some had (at the time) advocated they be drafted immediately into the SF - which I thought was rather premature.
It is important that they be allowed to grow and not be set up for failure. That's why the approach of letting them play at this U20WWC (without the distraction of the SF) is the right one. Let them gain this experience at the world level and see how they respond, then bring them aboard. Like I stated, this was just one game of hopefully several they will play in this competition.
Mind you, we also cannot disregard the fact that there might still be others on the squad who might shine above the 5 mentioned...we don't know. It is therefore important that they go through this campaign before we start all the talk about the SF. I am hopefully confident that these young ladies will be useful and valuable additions to the SF in the not too distant future.
Gotti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pmCan we please let these young ladies grow and blossom, instead of putting undue pressure on them?
As anyone remotely familiar with this team and/or the domestic league can attest to.

But some will wait till she moves abroad (or plays for an FC :lol: ) to acknowledge it...
Either way, let me reaffirm, sans a disaster, she should be in contention for the 2023 WWC squad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pm No one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!
Having followed this team since its first U20WWCQ game, she, alongside Flourish, Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola have been the outstanding players on the team, as evidenced in yesterday's game. Some had (at the time) advocated they be drafted immediately into the SF - which I thought was rather premature.
It is important that they be allowed to grow and not be set up for failure. That's why the approach of letting them play at this U20WWC (without the distraction of the SF) is the right one. Let them gain this experience at the world level and see how they respond, then bring them aboard. Like I stated, this was just one game of hopefully several they will play in this competition.
Mind you, we also cannot disregard the fact that there might still be others on the squad who might shine above the 5 mentioned...we don't know. It is therefore important that they go through this campaign before we start all the talk about the SF. I am hopefully confident that these young ladies will be useful and valuable additions to the SF in the not too distant future.

I think that the skills and decision making by some of them already gives them a legitimate claim to the SF squad.
Add to that the speed and physicality that comes naturally with youth.

When I read Gotti’s assessment of the team a few weeks ago I was a little cynical.
Not any more.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pm No one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!

i guess you didn't watch the games in Morroco as well as the ones yesterday. When you see a player that has it , you know by default that player is ready for the big dance. Anyone who saw Esther yesterday , knows she is a special talent . She should be part of the team right away and given an opportunity . We are playing the USA in September, if the coach is wise, he would add her to meet up with the squad ASAP . This way she gets the feel of being part of the team gaining experience.

Are you also telling us a year from now that she won't be ready for the Worldcup? We have an entire year to improve the team. nah wah ooo
Let me also tell you something i am very confident the Bayelasa Queens would defeat the current Super Falcons
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

the thing is that we may not even have the luxury of keeping them out of the super falcons considering that all the grand mamas are falling off the pitch left and right before 90 minutes is up. hence Ebi and the midfielder need urgent replacements anyways

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The US is a much better team!

Do you honestly think she is better right now than any of the midfielders that started for the Super Falcons in Morocco? I think she is good at this level right now but not better than what we currently have in the SF. I therefore agree with Otitokoro that she should not be rushed .
Damunk wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am
Just asking…
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

KPOM to the highlighted. After this tournament, it's only natural that the exceptional ones move up to the Super Falcons e.g. Oparanozie, Ohale from 2010 to 2011 WC, Asisat, Dike from 2014 to 2015 WC, Nnadozie, Ajibade, Okeke from 2018 to 2019 WC etc. I believe Flourish, Esther, Demehin, Abiodun, Idoko all have chances of making the 2023 WC.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:57 pm The US is a much better team!

Do you honestly think she is better right now than any of the midfielders that started for the Super Falcons in Morocco? I think she is good at this level right now but not better than what we currently have in the SF. I therefore agree with Otitokoro that she should not be rushed .
Just asking…
one naira we have only two midfielders (Rita chikwelu is on her way out) that leaves Ayinde and Ucheibe. So who are these midfielders in morocco you are referring to

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 am As I have been saying all along...
The ideal long-term replacement for Rita Chikwelu!
I had the opportunity to rewatch the entire game courtesy of FS2. Onyenezide is very good and one to keep an eye on but #9 Sabastine was more active and incisive. She was a handful down the left side. If I had the choice of promoting just one player to the SuperFalcons, it would be her❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:40 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pmNo one is doubting her potential, not in the very least!
KPOM to the highlighted. After this tournament, it's only natural that the exceptional ones move up to the Super Falcons e.g. Oparanozie, Ohale from 2010 to 2011 WC, Asisat, Dike from 2014 to 2015 WC, Nnadozie, Ajibade, Okeke from 2018 to 2019 WC etc. I believe Flourish, Esther, Demehin, Abiodun, Idoko all have chances of making the 2023 WC.
You folks need to quit trying to be clever by half... :lol:

The OP wrote "ASAP", when would that be if not "after this tournament"?
Or do you both think the idea is to pull them from the WC and send them to presently idle Falcons?! SMH

Falcons Nicole Payne is a year or two older than these girls and didn't have the benefit of WC experience...
Meanwhile, we've seen Tosin Demehin play for the Falcons in one of the US tour games, and she got good reviews on CE.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The best Falconets stepping up to the Falcons AFTER the WC has always been the call (see below)...
But the notion that it's pressure on the players (when Demehin has already been capped and Abiodun called up) is tosh!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=309271&p=5787215&hi ... e#p5787215
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:02 am Some Nigerians cannot help their negativity gene... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fortunately, most understand that a football game is more than just "the last 20 mins".

Football teams are NOT static, and a year is a virtual LIFETIME in football. Injured players like Esther Okoronkwo and LB/LM Patricia George will be back (and don't forget Asisat Oshoala) will be back with a full league season under the belt. As will players like Chinwendu Ihezuo, who was quarantined in Wuhan China by Covid regulations (as well as Desire Oparanozie, if she is in form). Several of the best U20 Falconets (Tosin Demehin, Deborah Ajibola, Esther Onyenezide, and perhaps even Flourish Sabastine, Rofiat Imuran, and Mercy Idoko, etc.) would ideally be stepping up into the mix after their own U20 WWC in Costa Rica next month (skipper Demehin had already made her Super Falcons debut during the US tour last year, and performed quite well). Other players like Rosa Ariyo (signed by Anderlecht for the upcoming season) or perhaps Onyinyechi Zogg, Charity Adule (Eibar, Spain), Amanda Mbadi, or simply emerging new players (like Chinonyerem Macleans did in playing her way into this WAFCON squad) could come into sharper focus and consideration.

Let's just pray for GOOD HEALTH and an INJURY-FREE pool of players...
And the Falcons should ideally be relatively competitive at the WWC. Best wishes to them!!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That the US is “a better team” does not equate to France not being “a good team”.
They are European champions at this level and you don’t have to wait for the World champions to breach your defence before you recognise the quality you have.
Just asking…
This is something neither you nor I can honestly say either way.
So it needs to be tested out.
Ajibade forced her way into being a bona fidelity star of the senior team in a very short time - and so did Chiamaka.
Inviting Onyenedize into the SF fold is not ‘rushing’ her.
It is inviting her. The rest is up to the coaches.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Well, a "good team like the US" means the US is better than France. Please provide argument to the contrary if you disagree with my statement.

Damunk wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:53 am That the US is “a better team” does not equate to France not being “a good team”.
They are European champions at this level and you don’t have to wait for the World champions to breach your defence before you recognise the quality you have.
Just asking…
Ajibade forced her way into being a bona fidelity star of the senior team in a very short time - and so did Chiamaka.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why can't you or I say if she is better than the current midfielders in the SF, when you say authoritatively that she belongs in the SF now? What's the basis of this declaration if you agree you are not in the position to say she is better than what we already have in the SF?
Damunk wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:53 am That the US is “a better team” does not equate to France not being “a good team”.
Just asking…
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Then you should have said “a better team”, not a “good” team.
European champions nor be beans and I would expect that by all measures, France would be considered “a good team”.
A good team that failed to measure up to the Falconets.

The onus is on you to prove that France is not “a good team”.
Sounds like they aren’t “good” in your eyes simply because they were squarely dealt with by our girls.

Maybe you should rephrase your original statement?
Just saying’…. :taunt:

1naija wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:59 am Well, a "good team like the US" means the US is better than France. Please provide argument to the contrary if you disagree with my statement.

Just asking…
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Guy, you like to argue.
So let’s argue. It’s Saturday morning.

Inviting a player into a squad is an assessment, not a shoo-in to the first team.
You are already modifying the argument to suit yourself.
Yes, I can say she is worthy of an invitation. How she will measure up is anyone’s guess.

So when and where did I say she ‘belongs’ there?
You get invited before you prove you ‘belong’.
No?

Meanwhile, how have you "authoritatively" concluded she is not better than what exists in the senior squad?
Feelings?
Or simply because she's younger?

I take it you don't feel an invitation is in order because you obviously have a better way of automatically knowing.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Na you axx me kweshon. You don enter one chance today…
1naija wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:05 am Why can't you or I say if she is better than the current midfielders in the SF, when you say authoritatively that she belongs in the SF now? What's the basis of this declaration if you agree you are not in the position to say she is better than what we already have in the SF?
Just asking…