Nacho needs to leave Leicester

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Nacho needs to leave Leicester

Post by Tobi17 »

He's always a difference maker for them whenever he comes off the bench, unfortunately Leicester is a team of very weak minded players especially that useless Ghanaman Amartey who can't defend to save his life...how come no decent teams are lining up for Nacho yet? he shouldn't be fine as a third rate striker behind an old Vardy and Daka who is at best average.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nacho needs to leave Leicester

Post by 1naija »

And go back to Owerri?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:02 pm And go back to Owerri?
Mods?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have been saying he should leave for years.

Not because Leicester have necessarily done wrong by him, but I feel like Iheanacho is no Aguero or even Jesus. Iheanacho IMO is a guy that can appear to be world class but only in a very specific team with a very specific makeup and in a very specific position. Iheanacho is not the guy that can just start and play at his peak potential.

There are so many variables working against him as well as for him. He is one-dimensional in shooting, it basically boils down to the left foot. Although defenders often back off him and sometimes he can then drive and appear to create something, for the most part he has not comfortable with the ball to the extent of someone like Aguero or even Osimhen.

He is a confidence player. The second his confidence tanks he is absolutely useless. So he always has to be in favour of the manager and in a team that sees a role for him. He cannot be a utility player like Odemwingie.

His assists are very good, but that comes back to the point that Iheanacho really is at his best when playing off others.

Iheanacho needs a team where he is near the apex of the team, if not the apex, he cannot reach his potential as a squad player, it is impossible, because he is a confidence player. If he doesn't leave he is just going to tank his market value. When he was celebrating the new contract, I was scratching my head. They wouldn't have immediately gotten Patson Daka if they had a firm belief in him.

I can still see Iheanacho scoring 25 league goals a season! But he needs to move to achieve that. His left foot is one of the deadliest in the world. It is currently being wasted. I feel like Iheanacho does not see the bigger picture. Yes I would even advise him to go down the club pecking order if need be. The trick would be to sign a short term contract, and then use bargaining power to drive up wages. But it needs to be about the system, the rest will follow.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:33 am I have been saying he should leave for years.

Not because Leicester have necessarily done wrong by him, but I feel like Iheanacho is no Aguero or even Jesus. Iheanacho IMO is a guy that can be world classonly in a very specific team with a very specific makeup and in a very specific position. Iheanacho is not the guy that can just start and play at his peak potential.
The plain truth is that Iheanacho appears to be “world class” only to Nigerians.
In the general scheme of things, Nacho is nothing ‘special’.
He is a very competent professional footballer in one of the world’s top 2 leagues. Finish.

Unless a miracle happens, I doubt he will surpass that definition wherever ge goes.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

His left foot is world class and there is data to back that up.

My post in so many words is pointing to one thing, put him in a team where he gets enough looks. His left foot accuracy is so high that it is impossible for him to fail if the team is built around him and he can get enough opportunities on goal. We already have a reasonable understanding of how to make this work. A two striker system being the first step.

A similar concept (though functionally unrelated) might be the notion of 'Feed the Yak and he will score'. What is world class? Is world class about results or is it about ability? I think when it boils down to ability there is nothing world class about Iheanacho because you have to look with multiple factors.

BUT he can get world class results for sure, and he did at a certain point in time.

There is a a very good reason to distinguish between ability and results. A player like Jamie Vardy would be trash in certain football systems. He relies a lot on speed and space. Put him in a team and league where he cannot exploit these things and he will look like the Sunday league player that he used to be. That is RESULTS.

Now there is Messi. Messi is not World Class if this or if that, he just is. You could cut off one of his feet and he would still look the part. There is a very good reason why I said 'appearance', it was not to elongate my post or waffle.

He can APPEAR to be world class.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 am His left foot is world class and there is data to back that up.

My post in so many words is pointing to one thing, put him in a team where he gets enough looks. His left foot accuracy is so high that it is impossible for him to fail if the team is built around him and he can get enough opportunities on goal. We already have a reasonable understanding of how to make this work. A two striker system being the first step.

A similar concept (though functionally unrelated) might be the notion of 'Feed the Yak and he will score'. What is world class? Is world class about results or is it about ability? I think when it boils down to ability there is nothing world class about Iheanacho because you have to look with multiple factors.

BUT he can get world class results for sure, and he did at a certain point in time.

There is a a very good reason to distinguish between ability and results. A player like Jamie Vardy would be trash in certain football systems. He relies a lot on speed and space. Put him in a team and league where he cannot exploit these things and he will look like the Sunday league player that he used to be. That is RESULTS.

Now there is Messi. Messi is not World Class if this or if that, he just is. You could cut off one of his feet and he would still look the part. There is a very good reason why I said 'appearance', it was not to elongate my post or waffle.

He can APPEAR to be world class.
Guy, the only time Nacho "appeared" to be world class was when he was smashing it at the U17 level.
He didn't even "appear" to be world class at that level. He was world class!
Best in the world.

But now, as is more the norm rather than the exception, he has matured into a decent striker in an elite league. He has done really well.
But 'world class', even on occasion? Nah.

Let us not overuse the term.
It should be reserved for a very small number of super-elite players, supported by a larger group of players that show flashes of it, but can't keep it going consistently.
Nacho, in my opinion, belongs to neither group.

But feel free to create a brand new category: 'World Class Substitute'.
He might get a Ballon D'Or for that.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Nacho is no where near the hype. He is just a back up’s backup. That is his level and not a function of coaches bias or anything but his level.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:18 pm Nacho is no where near the hype. He is just a back up’s backup. That is his level and not a function of coaches bias or anything but his level.

Nacho is our Golden Boy in whom we were well pleased.
We had great hopes for him.
So it’s hard for some to let go of that dream and just respect him for what he is - a decent left-footed player.

In fact, it’s a strong possibility that his successor and namesake - Kelechi Nwakali - might not even reach the heights Nacho has reached.

Like the late, great Keshi used to say, “Daaz fu’ball”. :idea:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cito wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:18 pm Nacho is no where near the hype. He is just a back up’s backup. That is his level and not a function of coaches bias or anything but his level.
Nacho’s development has been hampered by his lack of consistent playing time. The guy is super talented but sadly he has now gotten used to being a bit-part player with club and country, and inadvertently lowered his expectations.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Nacho is the most unambitious Nigerian player playing in Europe. He is content with making that Leicester money, showing off on IG and smashing English girls because he is a bench star for Leicester. Four years there and bench after bench but it looks like he and his agent could care less! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

World class left foot

Great finisher

Good vision. Good passer.

Poor touch. That is what will always hold him back.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:21 pm World class left foot

Great finisher

Good vision. Good passer.

Poor touch. That is what will always hold him back.
His touch is not the reason he's not playing regularly. Nacho made his name as an attacking MF playing behind the striker for Nigeria at the U17 WC and was turned into a striker at Man City . Because of Pep's style of play it was easy for him to play as striker/ false 9, particularly when he mostly came off the bench.

Leicester brought him on despite having Vardy as their No 9 but have made little effort into playing to his strengths. Nacho plays best with the ball in front of him, he doesn’t have receiving the ball with his back to goal and turning. Unfortunately, most teams play with 1 striker these days and that's why few teams are showing interest in Nacho.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:42 pm He's always a difference maker for them whenever he comes off the bench, unfortunately Leicester is a team of very weak minded players especially that useless Ghanaman Amartey who can't defend to save his life...how come no decent teams are lining up for Nacho yet? he shouldn't be fine as a third rate striker behind an old Vardy and Daka who is at best average.
Yet both Iheanacho and Oshimen were like dwarfs in front of him. 9 Nigerian Super strikers still couldn't get past him. Amartey and Iheanacho don't play the same position so go and blame someone else for your boy's bench warming duties. Pathetic
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

There was a time when his strike rate was the best in top 5 leagues. Better than Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

From what I have seen, that was no fluke. His left foot is pure. If I know nothing else, that much I know.

There is no SE footballer in the past 20 years with a better foot than Iheanacho's left foot.

Osimhen is a better striker because he is not as one-dimensional, he can score in so many ways. My point is pretty simple. Get Iheanacho in a team where he can simply benefit from whatever limited abilities that he has.

Success in life is NOT about being better than everybody else, it is about using the skills that you have efficiently. Someone with 10% talent can achieve more than someone with 90% talent. Iheanacho's left foot can produce world class results, even if the player himself is not wholly world class.

I have watched football long enough to know that just about any player that 'belongs' in the top 5 leagues can be successful. For most of them, it is a question of the variables aligning neatly. Look at Ighalo at Watford, his partnership with Deeney, that was the universe aligning. Under different circumstances, Ighalo would not have been that prolific in the early days.

One of the greatest skills that is underappreciated in football is understanding this very simple concept, footballers are not simply good or bad or this or that. It is all based on IFs.

That is why many footballers have fluctuating success depending on the team, manager, league etc. When people say that a player is bad or a player is overrated or a player choked etc. I oftentimes laugh. Players like Torres, Werner, Lukaku etc. Almost all the strikers I have seen that people thought were overrated, actually had nothing wrong with them really, they simply were fish out of water. Not having exactly what they needed at that point in time to succeed. Too much blame is heaped on players in these situations, managers, scouts need to develop a better understanding of how to get the best out of players.

There is a reason why Tuchel said he is to blame, he gets it. It is foolish to say that a man that was had the deadliest strike rate in Europe has no means to be successful. I don't suspect but I know for a FACT that Iheanacho can succeed. The question is under which team and under which manager. I am so sure of this that I would bet my house on it.

Unless a player has a significant injury or age renders them physically inferior by a large margin, it is highly unlikely that a player with ability will simply evaporate into nothing. Yet football fans seem to think this actually happens. It does not. I understand why we like to think this way. It is convenient. It is simply easier to replace a player and be done with it. But in reality, a good player will always be good, in theory (all things being equal). he question is what do you need to make it equal.

I did already list some of the things that he requires, confidence being one of them.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’m never really sure what CE means by world class.

One of the best in the world? Then no. Nacho was last that for his age at almost a decade ago.

He does have a mean left foot and sometimes uses it to devastating effect. But lots of people have such weapons… no one is ever going to say Andy Carrol was world class because he was great with his head.

Truth is Nacho is where he should be. A squad player in a top ten team of a top of 5 league. Let’s be happy for him and leave him be.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:54 am I’m never really sure what CE means by world class.

One of the best in the world? Then no. Nacho was last that for his age at almost a decade ago.

He does have a mean left foot and sometimes uses it to devastating effect. But lots of people have such weapons… no one is ever going to say Andy Carrol was world class because he was great with his head.

Truth is Nacho is where he should be. A squad player in a top ten team of a top of 5 league. Let’s be happy for him and leave him be.
Thank you. :thumb:
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Tbite wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:48 am There was a time when his strike rate was the best in top 5 leagues. Better than Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

From what I have seen, that was no fluke. His left foot is pure. If I know nothing else, that much I know.

There is no SE footballer in the past 20 years with a better foot than Iheanacho's left foot.

Osimhen is a better striker because he is not as one-dimensional, he can score in so many ways. My point is pretty simple. Get Iheanacho in a team where he can simply benefit from whatever limited abilities that he has.

Success in life is NOT about being better than everybody else, it is about using the skills that you have efficiently. Someone with 10% talent can achieve more than someone with 90% talent. Iheanacho's left foot can produce world class results, even if the player himself is not wholly world class.

I have watched football long enough to know that just about any player that 'belongs' in the top 5 leagues can be successful. For most of them, it is a question of the variables aligning neatly. Look at Ighalo at Watford, his partnership with Deeney, that was the universe aligning. Under different circumstances, Ighalo would not have been that prolific in the early days.

One of the greatest skills that is underappreciated in football is understanding this very simple concept, footballers are not simply good or bad or this or that. It is all based on IFs.

That is why many footballers have fluctuating success depending on the team, manager, league etc. When people say that a player is bad or a player is overrated or a player choked etc. I oftentimes laugh. Players like Torres, Werner, Lukaku etc. Almost all the strikers I have seen that people thought were overrated, actually had nothing wrong with them really, they simply were fish out of water. Not having exactly what they needed at that point in time to succeed. Too much blame is heaped on players in these situations, managers, scouts need to develop a better understanding of how to get the best out of players.

There is a reason why Tuchel said he is to blame, he gets it. It is foolish to say that a man that was had the deadliest strike rate in Europe has no means to be successful. I don't suspect but I know for a FACT that Iheanacho can succeed. The question is under which team and under which manager. I am so sure of this that I would bet my house on it.

Unless a player has a significant injury or age renders them physically inferior by a large margin, it is highly unlikely that a player with ability will simply evaporate into nothing. Yet football fans seem to think this actually happens. It does not. I understand why we like to think this way. It is convenient. It is simply easier to replace a player and be done with it. But in reality, a good player will always be good, in theory (all things being equal). he question is what do you need to make it equal.

I did already list some of the things that he requires, confidence being one of them.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You Sir are making a very good point. As someone who played a couple of sports at decent amateur level..I get it. A very good example right now is Lingard at West Ham vs at United or Ronaldo at Manchester under Fergie vs Now.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:54 am I’m never really sure what CE means by world class.

what a very unintelligent post .. ,my goodness what are we reading here ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:04 pm

If you must descend so needlessly into insults, at least sort out your punctuation before you call someone’s post unintelligent. Otherwise kettles and pots come to mind. Two dots followed by a comma and then a space before a question mark are really problematic.

Then layout an intelligent case for any unintelligence you see in my post.

Otherwise, nothing to see here.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 pm

If you must descend so needlessly into insults, at least sort out your punctuation before you call someone’s post unintelligent. Otherwise kettles and pots come to mind. Two dots followed by a comma and then a space before a question mark are really problematic.

stop being sensitive, you posted a comment that made zero sense , and you are here in your feelings.. get some cram and be a man. stand your ground. If you know you cannot rant without your feelings, i suggest you visit this forum in a browsing format.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:42 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 pm

stop being sensitive, you posted a comment that made zero sense , and you are here in your feelings.. get some cram and be a man. stand your ground. If you know you cannot rant without your feelings, i suggest you visit this forum in a browsing format.
I’m just asking you to make some sense. Is that too much to ask for?
I come here to talk football not trade juvenile insults.
So I’m just saying if you can’t make sense, I have nothing to comment on.
Not sure what you are interpreting as sensitive or feelings. If anything I think you’re the one for whom this website plays an outsized role in how you see yourself.

Back to the matter at hand…
I also note your inability to articulate any coherent argument against mine re Nacho. Nothing new though.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If 'Nacho' goes to La Liga, his game will be better appreciated
than him playing in gra-gra teams.
I guess his handlers and fans think the EPL is the only place for him. Watch Lookman
showcase his talents and improve in Italy.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges