Memeh Caleb Okoli: Atalanta centre-back

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Memeh Caleb Okoli: Atalanta centre-back

Post by doctorollie »

Memeh Caleb Okoli starts for Atalanta. He is a centre-back of Nigerian descent. One to keep an eye on.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Memeh Caleb Okoli: Atalanta centre-back

Post by jette1 »

abegi !! is he retiring ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lookman is on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I hope Peseiro can get Okoli for the SE. The boy is good and a central defensive combination of Okoli and Bassey will be a massive upgrade on what we currently have.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:04 am I hope Peseiro can get Okoli for the SE. The boy is good and a central defensive combination of Okoli and Bassey will be a massive upgrade on what we currently have.
How many of his games have you seen him play? Or better yet how many of the u21 matches for Italy have you watched him play in 2021 ?
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:11 am
Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:04 am I hope Peseiro can get Okoli for the SE. The boy is good and a central defensive combination of Okoli and Bassey will be a massive upgrade on what we currently have.
How many of his games have you seen him play? Or better yet how many of the u21 matches for Italy have you watched he play as a 2021 ?
Considering how terrible our current defence is including depth, we really have no reason not to reach out to as many prospects as we can, if Okoli is good enough to start for a decent Seria A team...then surely we should reach out
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:38 pm
How many of his games have you seen him play? Or better yet how many of the u21 matches for Italy have you watched he play as a 2021 ?
Considering how terrible our current defence is including depth, we really have no reason not to reach out to as many prospects as we can, if Okoli is good enough to start for a decent Seria A team...then surely we should reach out
We better if we are smart…but we know how we roll…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

How many of his games have you seen him play? Or better yet how many of the u21 matches for Italy have you watched him play in 2021 ?
Asko!
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:32 pm
Asko!
Stop being disrespectful and answer the question
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Powerful performance from Okoli. Certainly has a physical presence. Hopefully Italy helps horn his craft in defense
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

If Italy are smart they’ll tie him to Italy ASAP. That could be the next Maldini right there

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

For Okoli its Nigeria v. Italy, a DNQ smackdown. We have a good chance to get him if he's good enough. Neither countries are going anywhere soon. Na wod cup ashewo games both teams go play in the near future.
Its gives him a chance to really think about his options.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Pretty poor game from Okoli vs Dessers and co IMO. Kept giving away the ball inexplicably. He has physical attributes but his decision making and ball control were very suspect. Should improve over time, but we need CB’s who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and can play out of the back efficiently. His stupid handball caused a nice FK goal yo be disallowed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:08 pm Pretty poor game from Okoli vs Dessers and co IMO. Kept giving away the ball inexplicably. He has physical attributes but his decision making and ball control were very suspect. Should improve over time, but we need CB’s who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and can play out of the back efficiently. His stupid handball caused a nice FK goal yo be disallowed.
Adarabioyo
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Unsteady performance this week on the road to Mourinho's Roma.
Came on as a HT sub for Scalvini in left CD; was involved in an incident with Zaniolo that led to Jose's dismissal from the game.

Was not a PK IMO...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:21 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:08 pm Pretty poor game from Okoli vs Dessers and co IMO. Kept giving away the ball inexplicably. He has physical attributes but his decision making and ball control were very suspect. Should improve over time, but we need CB’s who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and can play out of the back efficiently. His stupid handball caused a nice FK goal yo be disallowed.
Adarabioyo
He’s an England player, already turned us down I think.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 pm Unsteady performance this week on the road to Mourinho's Roma.
Came on as a HT sub for Scalvini in left CD; was involved in an incident with Zaniolo that led to Jose's dismissal from the game.

Was not a PK IMO...
He was easily beaten on a few occasions but playing for Atalanta no be moin moin.
We should still try to get him but I believe Bassey is better than him.
I am happy
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Okoli would be a good pick.
Considering that Bassey is left footed, they would make a good pair together.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:31 pm Okoli would be a good pick.
Considering that Bassey is left footed, they would make a good pair together.
Maybe as a future prospect but he’s currently not a NT level player and full of mistakes…but if we can get him early just to cap him would be good…
Super Eagus 4 Life!