Awoniyi vs WestHam and he hangs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awoniyi vs WestHam and he hangs

Post by Cito »

But you got to admit he is better than Anthony Ujah, Isaac Success, Nathan Oduwa, David Okereke and Terem Moffi :D

bushboy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:32 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:53 pm shame on Liverpool for selling this player. Dude is built for the EPL . Strong, powerful, pace, skills an eye for a goal ..kai mehn we got options
He's not that good. I see lots of hustle and hard work, I give him credit for that. But I see very little skill or technique.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Congrats to him, BUT let's set some criteria on what we call hanging please.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Guys, let's not add that goal to the hangers thread. There has to be a minimum standard.
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:09 pmGuys, let's not add that goal to thee the hangers thread. There has to be a minimum standard.
A goal is a goal,but...
Someone described it as an Awo-KNEE-yi goal! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:37 pm Congrats to him, BUT let's set some criteria on what we call hanging please.
Congrats to Awolowo on another burriful goal :thumbs: :thumbs: :taunt:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

To whom it concerns....

:veryangry: :veryangry: :curse: :veryangry: :mad: :mad:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:26 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:37 pm Congrats to him, BUT let's set some criteria on what we call hanging please.
Awooooooo!!! :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:13 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:09 pmGuys, let's not add that goal to thee the hangers thread. There has to be a minimum standard.
A goal is a goal,but...
Someone described it as an Awo-KNEE-yi goal! :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Awolowo, sorry Awoniyi don hang o!
I am happy
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Whether una LIKE am or get yourselves in KNOT the boy don open im account.

but NF poor sha....
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:36 pm But you got to admit he is better than Anthony Ujah, Isaac Success, Nathan Oduwa, David Okereke and Terem Moffi :D

bushboy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:32 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:53 pm shame on Liverpool for selling this player. Dude is built for the EPL . Strong, powerful, pace, skills an eye for a goal ..kai mehn we got options
He's not that good. I see lots of hustle and hard work, I give him credit for that. But I see very little skill or technique.
This must truly hurt Budhboy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Seeing Awoniyi thrive where all his bush babies failed :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:18 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:26 pm
Awooooooo!!! :thumbs:
I knew you would do that
Congrats to Mai boi Awoniyi - da beast
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The problem that a lot of people have is the awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.

If you are seeking a partner for Osimhen upfront, Awoniyi is the guy. Not Moffi. Not Dessers. Inuachu may be good in the air but what else? Awoniyi has the total package as a box striker.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks. That's a nonsensical CE requirement similar to a non existent support striker position.

The competition for the forward position for the SE is very stiff. Only forwards that score when given the chance will be considered to partner with Osimhen who has proven to be the top gun. That's why Awoniyi is currently on the outside looking in!
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 pm The problem that a lot of people have is the awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.

If you are seeking a partner for Osimhen upfront, Awoniyi is the guy. Not Moffi. Not Dessers. Inuachu may be good in the air but what else? Awoniyi has the total package as a box striker.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 pm The problem that a lot of people have is the awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.

But he is lacking in skill and technique as someone already pointed out. From what I have seen of him and the others you listed, I would prefer Moffi for now. But that might change if Awoniyi shows us more of what he can do over the next few SE matches if he is involved.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The problem that a lot of people have is the missing awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Name one Nigeria forward now that is more handful for Centerbacks than Osimhen. You know why we are looking for someone to pair with him and not the other way around? Because he scores!!!

Being handful without scoring means nothing.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:02 pm The problem that a lot of people have is the missing awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks. That's a nonsensical CE requirement similar to a non existent support striker position.

The competition for the forward position for the SE is very stiff. Only forwards that score when given the chance will be considered to partner with Osimhen whi has proven to be the top gun. That's why Awoniyi is currently on the outside looking in!

did AWONIYI score today?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Up Awo!!!
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The question here is who to pair with Osimhen!

A lot of people scored today. Aribo scored the other day. Should he pair with Osimhen also?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:10 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks. That's a nonsensical CE requirement similar to a non existent support striker position.

The competition for the forward position for the SE is very stiff. Only forwards that score when given the chance will be considered to partner with Osimhen whi has proven to be the top gun. That's why Awoniyi is currently on the outside looking in!

did AWONIYI score today?
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

If Nottingham can get their midfielders to make accurate through passes to Awoniyi he will score a lot of goals
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:34 pm The question here is who to pair with Osimhen!

A lot of people scored today. Aribo scored the other day. Should he pair with Osimhen also?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:10 pm

did AWONIYI score today?
Well he scored 15 goals in 31 Bundesliga games last year. Most of any Nigerian striker in the top 5 leagues. However folks make it sound like he never scores.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This guy has worked for everything in life. Not the most gifted but what a worker. Good luck.