Awoniyi vs WestHam and he hangs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Awoniyi vs WestHam and he hangs

Post by 1naija »

Whats you point? Did anyone say he didn't score in the Bundesliga?
kawawa wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:35 am
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:34 pm The question here is who to pair with Osimhen!

A lot of people scored today. Aribo scored the other day. Should he pair with Osimhen also?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:10 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks. That's a nonsensical CE requirement similar to a non existent support striker position.

The competition for the forward position for the SE is very stiff. Only forwards that score when given the chance will be considered to partner with Osimhen whi has proven to be the top gun. That's why Awoniyi is currently on the outside looking in!
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 pm The problem that a lot of people have is the awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.

If you are seeking a partner for Osimhen upfront, Awoniyi is the guy. Not Moffi. Not Dessers. Inuachu may be good in the air but what else? Awoniyi has the total package as a box striker.
did AWONIYI score today?
Well he scored 15 goals in 31 Bundesliga games last year. Most of any Nigerian striker in the top 5 leagues. However folks make it sound like he never scores.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

1naija wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:22 am Whats you point? Did anyone say he didn't score in the Bundesliga?
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:34 pm The question here is who to pair with Osimhen!

A lot of people scored today. Aribo scored the other day. Should he pair with Osimhen also?
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks. That's a nonsensical CE requirement similar to a non existent support striker position.

The competition for the forward position for the SE is very stiff. Only forwards that score when given the chance will be considered to partner with Osimhen whi has proven to be the top gun. That's why Awoniyi is currently on the outside looking in!
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 pm The problem that a lot of people have is the awareness to judge a player's ability. Awoniyi is a gifted box player and he is a handful for any Centerback. Take that to the bank.

If you are seeking a partner for Osimhen upfront, Awoniyi is the guy. Not Moffi. Not Dessers. Inuachu may be good in the air but what else? Awoniyi has the total package as a box striker.
did AWONIYI score today?
Well he scored 15 goals in 31 Bundesliga games last year. Most of any Nigerian striker in the top 5 leagues. However folks make it sound like he never scores.
Yes you actually judging by what you wrote. “ Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks”. Yes, I am expecting the spin on the quote. I expect nothing less😀
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And what was that in response to?
kawawa wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:30 am
1naija wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:22 am Whats you point? Did anyone say he didn't score in the Bundesliga?

did AWONIYI score today?
Yes you actually judging by what you wrote. “ Coaches want a striker that scores, not a player that is a handful for centerbacks”. Yes, I am expecting the spin on the quote. I expect nothing less😀
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He is not a silky striker with brilliant technique like a Lewandowski (then again, who is?!). However, I like his relentless work rate. He must be a pain in the a** for defenders to play against because he is constantly on the move and runs endlessly. He is a bit like a bigger Jamie Vardy in that sense.

Tailor made for a team like Forest who will fight against relegation and needs all hands on deck to work hard.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

High work rate and low score rate can only lead to high loan rate. You guys are like a father that watches his kid get Cs and Ds despite studying and saying his he is doing great because he appears to study hard, instead of helping him work on getting As and Bs. High work rate and low score rate has already cost him invitations to the SE and you all are still urging on the same path. I am his best fan because I want him to succeed. Sometimes I wonder if you all want him to succeed at all.
wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:56 pm He is not a silky striker with brilliant technique like a Lewandowski (then again, who is?!). However, I like his relentless work rate. He must be a pain in the a** for defenders to play against because he is constantly on the move and runs endlessly. He is a bit like a bigger Jamie Vardy in that sense.

Tailor made for a team like Forest who will fight against relegation and needs all hands on deck to work hard.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm High work rate and low score rate can only lead to high loan rate. You guys are like a father that watches his kid get Cs and Ds despite studying and saying his he is doing great because he appears to study hard, instead of helping him work on getting As and Bs. High work rate and low score rate has already cost him invitations to the SE and you all are still urging on the same path. I am his best fan because I want him to succeed. Sometimes I wonder if you all want him to succeed at all.
wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:56 pm He is not a silky striker with brilliant technique like a Lewandowski (then again, who is?!). However, I like his relentless work rate. He must be a pain in the a** for defenders to play against because he is constantly on the move and runs endlessly. He is a bit like a bigger Jamie Vardy in that sense.

15 league goals is a low score rate.. you no be am at all.. get this he has played 1 match he started and scored
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

“low score rate”?! 😳 Wetin you dey smoke? 💨

Last season:

1) Awoniyi scored 15 goals in 31 games in the Bundesliga - which is the second or third strongest league in the world. Averaging a goal every 2 games in one of the top 3 leagues in the world is the sign of a good player.

2) He was the Bundesliga’s 6th top scorer last season (while playing for a team that finished outside the top 4). 4 of the 5 players that scored more goals than him are called Lewandowski, Haaland, Nkunku, and Schick (AKA the best striker in the world, the best young striker in the world, a forward that plays for the world champions, and a striker who was the top scorer at the most recent European Championships).

Do you even think before you post? Wind your neck in fella.

1naija wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm High work rate and low score rate can only lead to high loan rate. You guys are like a father that watches his kid get Cs and Ds despite studying and saying his he is doing great because he appears to study hard, instead of helping him work on getting As and Bs. High work rate and low score rate has already cost him invitations to the SE and you all are still urging on the same path. I am his best fan because I want him to succeed. Sometimes I wonder if you all want him to succeed at all.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We are talking about the Super Eagles! Lots of our players score a lot of goals for their clubs but are not rated for the Super Eagles. Onuachu scored 23 goals the same last season and 33 goals the season before. Why didn't you rate him for the Super Eagles because of the goals he scored for his club? Simy Nwankwo score more than 20 goals in Serie A a couple of seasons ago, yet you didn't rate him for the Super Eagles.

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:27 pm

15 league goals is a low score rate.. you no be am at all.. get this he has played 1 match he started and scored
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Uncle 1naira just dey shift goalpost left, right and center - dem don corner am well well for here.. go school, go school, e no gree, see result now :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YemiBrazil wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:17 pm Uncle 1naira just dey shift goalpost left, right and center - dem don corner am well well for here.. go school, go school, e no gree, see result now :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Got collectively schooled on this thread. Teachers just taking turns, patiently tutoring him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:43 pm “low score rate”?! 😳 Wetin you dey smoke? 💨

Last season:

1) Awoniyi scored 15 goals in 31 games in the Bundesliga - which is the second or third strongest league in the world. Averaging a goal every 2 games in one of the top 3 leagues in the world is the sign of a good player.

2) He was the Bundesliga’s 6th top scorer last season (while playing for a team that finished outside the top 4). 4 of the 5 players that scored more goals than him are called Lewandowski, Haaland, Nkunku, and Schick (AKA the best striker in the world, the best young striker in the world, a forward that plays for the world champions, and a striker who was the top scorer at the most recent European Championships).

Do you even think before you post? Wind your neck in fella.

I don't even understand the baba again....lmao
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

airwolex wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:17 pm Uncle 1naira just dey shift goalpost left, right and center - dem don corner am well well for here.. go school, go school, e no gree, see result now :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Got collectively schooled on this thread. Teachers just taking turns, patiently tutoring him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Awoists .. always laughing on the outside while crying on the inside with their under the Iroko tree free primary school education. Go secondary school, una no gree because e cost N10 per term for school fees.

If Awoniyi listens to you all he will continue to watch the likes of Dessers and Moffi play for the SE while Awoist count goals he scored for his club.
YemiBrazil wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:09 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

A goal is a goal. Did some research on forest. I don't understand how a club that won several league titles and European cups can fall as far as they did.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

A goal may be a goal if it leads to a win, but can you in good conscience call that hanging? Like I said, I won't say it's no hanging, I would say it's 10% hanging or 0.1 hang. I may even be generous and make it 0.2 hang, but it's nowhere near 0.5 hang.
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:53 pm A goal is a goal. Did some research on forest. I don't understand how a club that won several league titles and European cups can fall as far as they did.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Actually, Forest won the league title 🏆 only once in its history, but remarkably has won the European Cup 2 times (despite only entering it in the days when only league champions were eligible).

There are other examples of "sleeping giants" in English football (e.g. Aston Villa, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland). Some of these teams were the Man City/Liverpool of their era.

Spare a thought for Oldham Athletic. The club played in the inaugural Premier League season and was on the brink of beating Man Utd in the 1990 FA Cup semi-final until Mark Hughes equalised for Man Utd with a spectacular volley in 94th minute injury time in the dying seconds of the game.

Oldham is the only ex Premier League club to be relegated out of the professional football leagues altogether. The club now plays in the Vanarama National League (4 divisions below the Premier League and about 100 places below the Premier League leaders).
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:53 pm A goal is a goal. Did some research on forest. I don't understand how a club that won several league titles and European cups can fall as far as they did.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

1naija wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:54 pm We are talking about the Super Eagles! Lots of our players score a lot of goals for their clubs but are not rated for the Super Eagles. Onuachu scored 23 goals the same last season and 33 goals the season before. Why didn't you rate him for the Super Eagles because of the goals he scored for his club? Simy Nwankwo score more than 20 goals in Serie A a couple of seasons ago, yet you didn't rate him for the Super Eagles.

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:27 pm

My brother 1Naija, I respect you but you are waffling. Awoniyi scored 15 goals in the Bundesliga not the Belgian league. Huge gulf in quality. He has only played a few games in SE and scored once. It is a bit unfair to say he can’t score when the overall record says otherwise. Don’t do the Danfo here, you are better than that. Accept the obvious and move on. Awoniyi ready to serve some serious humble pie if healthy. Na me talk am
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bros, my position has not changed. Let me remind you what started the line of discussion in case you didn't follow it from the beginning.

Now, where is the waffling?

The competition for the forward position for the SE is very stiff. Only forwards that score when given the chance will be considered to partner with Osimhen who has proven to be the top gun. That's why Awoniyi is currently on the outside looking in!

kawawa wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:30 am
My brother 1Naija, I respect you but you are waffling. Awoniyi scored 15 goals in the Bundesliga not the Belgian league. Huge gulf in quality. He has only played a few games in SE and scored once. It is a bit unfair to say he can’t score when the overall record says otherwise. Don’t do the Danfo here, you are better than that. Accept the obvious and move on. Awoniyi ready to serve some serious humble pie if healthy. Na me talk am