FANS Hail Danjuma, Knock Waldrum.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FANS Hail Danjuma, Knock Waldrum.....

Post by Enugu II »

FANS HAIL FALCONETS COACH DANJUMA, KNOCK WALDRUM
OSG MEDIA August 17, 2022 0
https://olorisupergal.com/fans-hail-fal ... k-waldrum/

Following the Falconets’ impressive display at the ongoing U-20 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica, some fans have taken to social media to hail the team’s head coach, Christopher Danjuma, while taking a swipe at Super Falcons head coach, Randy Waldum.

We are prepared to do Nigeria and Africa proud" Falconets Coach - Nigeriasoccernet News
The Nigeria U-20 girls won their first two matches at the tournament, beating France in their opening game on Friday under stormy weather conditions, before earning another 1-0 victory over South Korea on Sunday.

Waldrum’s team has been under heavy criticism following their poor outing at the 2022 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco, where they failed to win a medal, last month.

The Falcons, once perennial champions of the WAFCON, lost three out of six games in Morocco and returned home empty after a young Zambian side edged the aging Nigerian players in the third-place game.

With a game to play in their Group C and quarter-final qualifications already guaranteed for the Falconets, some fans took to social media to take a dig at the Falcons.
Image Coach Roger Waldrum

Image Coach Cris Danjuma

A Twitter user CelebrityKillz said, “Looks like he (Danjuma) knows what he’s doing… can’t say the same for our Super Falcons coach.”

Charles Ugochukwu added, “We have Nigerian coaches who can manage our female teams, know the culture and mentality of players play players in their rightful positions, and read games well. Not a lazy ‘Nuga’ coach who doesn’t care to know players and their right position or strengths.”

“I smell strong patriotism in this coach (Danjuma) and not the uncle we have in Super Falcons that specialized in playing players off their position,” Uyi B Owenjesse tweeted.

Unclesolution Yanju also rated Danjuma ahead of Waldrum.

He wrote, “See how he (Danjuma) is chewing the tactics unlike the Bubu brother coaching the Super Falcon. Plenty of twins of Bubu everywhere in Nigeria.”

Another Twitter user with the name AtalakpaofBenin said, “At least he (Danjuma) knows what he is doing, unlike that Waldrum.”

Papijendi simply said, “This one gets the sense, unlike the NUGA coach.”

The Falconets will on Thursday face eliminated Canada team in their final game of the group.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FANS Hail Danjuma, Knock Waldrum.....

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 pm
FANS HAIL FALCONETS COACH DANJUMA, KNOCK WALDRUM
OSG MEDIA August 17, 2022 0
https://olorisupergal.com/fans-hail-fal ... k-waldrum/

Following the Falconets’ impressive display at the ongoing U-20 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica, some fans have taken to social media to hail the team’s head coach, Christopher Danjuma, while taking a swipe at Super Falcons head coach, Randy Waldum.

We are prepared to do Nigeria and Africa proud" Falconets Coach - Nigeriasoccernet News
The Nigeria U-20 girls won their first two matches at the tournament, beating France in their opening game on Friday under stormy weather conditions, before earning another 1-0 victory over South Korea on Sunday.

Waldrum’s team has been under heavy criticism following their poor outing at the 2022 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco, where they failed to win a medal, last month.

The Falcons, once perennial champions of the WAFCON, lost three out of six games in Morocco and returned home empty after a young Zambian side edged the aging Nigerian players in the third-place game.

With a game to play in their Group C and quarter-final qualifications already guaranteed for the Falconets, some fans took to social media to take a dig at the Falcons.
Image Coach Roger Waldrum

Image Coach Cris Danjuma

A Twitter user CelebrityKillz said, “Looks like he (Danjuma) knows what he’s doing… can’t say the same for our Super Falcons coach.”

Charles Ugochukwu added, “We have Nigerian coaches who can manage our female teams, know the culture and mentality of players play players in their rightful positions, and read games well. Not a lazy ‘Nuga’ coach who doesn’t care to know players and their right position or strengths.”

“I smell strong patriotism in this coach (Danjuma) and not the uncle we have in Super Falcons that specialized in playing players off their position,” Uyi B Owenjesse tweeted.

Unclesolution Yanju also rated Danjuma ahead of Waldrum.

He wrote, “See how he (Danjuma) is chewing the tactics unlike the Bubu brother coaching the Super Falcon. Plenty of twins of Bubu everywhere in Nigeria.”

Another Twitter user with the name AtalakpaofBenin said, “At least he (Danjuma) knows what he is doing, unlike that Waldrum.”

Papijendi simply said, “This one gets the sense, unlike the NUGA coach.”

The Falconets will on Thursday face eliminated Canada team in their final game of the group.
when did coaching become beauty contest, and is there even rationality in the context. SF falcons dont play and camp in Nigeria for a whole year or 2 unlike the falconets. Waldrum doesnt have such luxury. He usually would have a week or 2 to mold the team as best as he can
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let's wait and hear what they say after he loses a game.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Too early
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:54 pm Let's wait and hear what they say after he loses a game.
Yes-ooo! Then, everything will be reversed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:54 pm Let's wait and hear what they say after he loses a game.
Exactly. Besides, I thought Danjuma had failed twice before. Not everyone gets a 3rd crack with the team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Y’all need to calm your a$$es down. We won the group stages in AFCON & WAFCON. Then bad goal keeping and red card was our downfall. Let’s wait and see.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:23 pm Y’all need to calm your a$$es down. We won the group stages in AFCON & WAFCON. Then bad goal keeping and red card was our downfall. Let’s wait and see.
Packerland

Unfortunately, fans do not care to wait. They will make judgment second per second even in a single game. That is the way it is. Thus, these comments by interviewees are not surprising at all.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:06 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:23 pm Y’all need to calm your a$$es down. We won the group stages in AFCON & WAFCON. Then bad goal keeping and red card was our downfall. Let’s wait and see.
Packerland

Unfortunately, fans do not care to wait. They will make judgment second per second even in a single game. That is the way it is. Thus, these comments by interviewees are not surprising at all.
and do those tweets reflect your personal views as well or are you just retweeting as donald trump might say

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

packerland wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm
Exactly. Besides, I thought Danjuma had failed twice before. Not everyone gets a 3rd crack with the team.
When and at which national team level?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:40 pm
Packerland

and do those tweets reflect your personal views as well or are you just retweeting as donald trump might say
They do not reflect my views in entirety. However, if you are interested in my view -- here it is: I am impressed with the ream as well as with several individual players. At the team level, I am impressed by the energy and dedication demonstrated by the girls. Additionally, the pace is incredible. The goalkeeper is subpar. I believe several will be ripe for the Falcons in a year or two.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:28 pm
Packerland

They do not reflect my views in entirety. However, if you are interested in my view -- here it is: I am impressed with the ream as well as with several individual players. At the team level, I am impressed by the energy and dedication demonstrated by the girls. Additionally, the pace is incredible. The goalkeeper is subpar. I believe several will be ripe for the Falcons in a year or two.
Ok good take, and in context of the comparisons vs SF/Waldrum ?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:04 pm
Packerland

Ok good take, and in context of the comparisons vs SF/Waldrum ?
I really do not look at my take as good or bad. It is simply my subjective opinion. But what's your take?
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Packerland

I agree with your assessment of the team except for your view of the goalkeeper. She has made some mistakes, no doubt, due to nerves but she has also made some brilliant saves. Don’t forget that she is on her biggest stage so far. She will get more confident and better as the tournament progresses❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:10 am
Packerland

I agree with your assessment of the team except for your view of the goalkeeper. She has made some mistakes, no doubt, due to nerves but she has also made some brilliant saves. Don’t forget that she is on her biggest stage so far. She will get more confident and better as the tournament progresses❗️

Cheers.
Or the pressure might get to her cos the stakes are higher in the knockout round. It’s now win or go home. I hope you’re right. She played very well against Korea despite a below average game against France & Canada.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:24 am
Packerland

Cheers.
Or the pressure might get to her cos the stakes are higher in the knockout round. It’s now win or go home. I hope you’re right. She played very well against Korea despite a below average game against France & Canada.
Lighten up. Except for the fortuitous goal she conceded to Canada, she hasn’t conceded any goals in normal run of play. That ought to count for something, right❓❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:52 am
packerland wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:24 am
Packerland

Cheers.
Lighten up. Except for the fortuitous goal she conceded to Canada, she hasn’t conceded any goals in normal run of play. That ought to count for something, right❓❗️

Cheers.
TTK,

I’m with you bro. I just wanted to mention the other possibility. People are built differently. Some people can embrace pressure and perform or fold under pressure. We shall see on Sunday cos Netherlands is no joke. They whacked USA and Ghana.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I wanted us to win but just like our failure to qualify for the mens World Cup this Our defeat might in fact be a blessing in disguise. There was rumor that the nff was contemplating replacing Waldrum with Damjuma I guess this defeat puts that consideration to the grave besides showing how unprepared the falconets are for the big stage

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Packerland

Cheers.
This is why I have mixed feelings about her, but now much more positive than after the first game when I saw her for the very first time.
No one can doubt how he has been brilliant on several occasions. Ball handling and timing (for crosses) are key though and she will have to continue working on that.
Unfortunately for keepers, people only remember your errors, not your great saves.
Maybe that’s what’s happening. First impressions.

I saw some people even blaming her for the goals vs Netherlands.
I can’t even begin to understand why.
Demehin was at serious fault for both goals and she knew it.
The keeper had a good game on balance imho.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:57 am
Packerland

Cheers.
This is why I have mixed feelings about her, but now much more positive than after the first game when I saw her for the very first time.
No one can doubt how he has been brilliant on several occasions. Ball handling and timing (for crosses) are key though and she will have to continue working on that.
Unfortunately for keepers, people only remember your errors, not your great saves.

Damunk,

I do not believe she was culpable re the goals conceded against the Netherlands but I always saw her as the Achiless heel for this team. Well, I admit that it could simply be an issue with her youthfulness but a weak link especially one in goal can be a major issue no matter how good the rest of the team is. When I think of our goalkeepers for the national teams, men and women, the only one worth any praise is the Chiamaka girl that plays fort the Falcons. The rest are pants including those for the SE.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:46 pm
Packerland

Cheers.

Damunk,

I do not believe she was culpable re the goals conceded against the Netherlands but I always saw her as the Achiless heel for this team. Well, I admit that it could simply be an issue with her youthfulness but a weak link especially one in goal can be a major issue no matter how good the rest of the team is. When I think of our goalkeepers for the national teams, men and women, the only one worth any praise is the Chiamaka girl that plays fort the Falcons. The rest are pants including those for the SE.
:lol: "let ye without a sin cast the first stone" :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Chiamaka :roll: whom also uncharacteristically conceded crucial Uzoho-like goals against morocco that knocked us out in semifinal and out of bronze vs Zambs :shock: :oops:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:49 pm

Packerland

Cheers.

Damunk,

:lol: "let ye without a sin cast the first stone" :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Chiamaka :roll: whom also uncharacteristically conceded crucial Uzoho-like goals against morocco that knocked us out in semifinal and out of bronze vs Zambs :shock: :oops:
Bottom line is what we have been saying: every keeper has their moments of madness.
You judge depending on how you personally feel about the keeper…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:22 pm
jette1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:49 pm

Cheers.

Damunk,

Bottom line is what we have been saying: every keeper has their moments of madness.
You judge depending on how you personally feel about the keeper…
True! But I still trust Chiamaka over Okoye and Uzoho going forward. Chiamaka seems a bit heavy to me. Maybe it was my eyes.