Nigeria vs Canada 3:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Canada 3:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:02 amI watched every second of this game and Coach Danjuma isn’t after all the gem everyone assumed he was. I mean this was the worst game falconers played so far from beginning to end.
With nothing to lose and Canada already out of competition I expected a lot more from the coach than what I saw. And I emphasize the coach because he lacked proper philosophy and leadership to this particular outing. One would think that the team would have come out poised and relaxed with crisp simple command of compact cohesive movement instead we saw a disorganized back, disorganized goal keeping and uncoordinated final third. The midfield and wings were the only momentary flashes. Yes we tend to be blinded to the realities anytime we win. And please go back and watch our game against France - I mean that was a mastery and difficult game that we approached with utmost controls in every department except of course the usual suspect - goalie. Canada with such a weak team could have given us nothing short of a practice game yet we lacked leadership and motivation. Thanks to the ref we would have ended up playing Japan.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:07 am
waka-man wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 am Well done Falconets.
I watched most of the Japan / US game and Japan is the only team I would consider a real threat to our side.
The French look good too, but we’ve already done them.

To be fair, this is one of the most competitive first rounds of a tournament. Group D was the weakest group with Ghana and US not quite up to the standards of the rest. Costa Rica were also out of their depth. Everyone else could beat anyone else.

So Sunday against the Dutch is not a done deal but I like our chances.
OK, BUT...

...did you see Dutch? The most impressive in the tournament, in my humble opinion. Their left winger has good ball skills.
Bell
The Dutch may be good, but Japan looks way better and embarrassed the Dutch in the opener...
Japan's 1-0 win actually flattered the Dutch who were out-shot 27-6 and dominated for large periods.

While our game against the Dutch will undoubtedly be very tough...
Let's not be unnecessarily swayed given the reality that every team has looked "impressive" against Ghana.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:49 pmCybereagles :lol: :lol:! How can you honestly sit there with a straight face and say that they were cautious and composed in this game compared to the two previous games :woot:??? I agree with jette1 jare :agree:, but I'll rather put the blame on the girls instead of the coach, because that guy screamed his lungs out with the right instructions throughout the game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:31 pm
txj wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 pm
We've done well in women's football in Africa, but on the global level we have done exceptionally well comparatively speaking in youth football.

The gap between the two is so wide its almost like we are talking about two different things.
I know what you are insinuating.

But just STOP!

North Korea has won the cup twice won how many in the Senior competition?
Aside from the US, Germany and of recent Japan which women's team has translated success in the U20 into success in the Women's World Cup?

The gap is because of development. The same gap happens in boys soccer... there's a lot that goes into developing from a youth player to an adult player.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

TXJ's INFERIORITY COMPLEX is on a different level...
Pretty sure if our youth coaches were Oyinbo, he'd find a rationalization for the gap.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Canada 2:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 am We got a gift there, that wasn't a pk.
I was wondering about that too especially if she rescinded the yellow card (which is essentially saying the foul isn't serious enough to warrant a card) why would it warrant a penalty and our player was flying in from her blind side.
Because NOT every foul results in a yellow card...
Nonetheless a foul inside the box is a penalty-kick!

Meanwhile, I guess under the "Jette Rules" of football...
It's illegal to come in on an opponent's blindside, without forewarning! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:02 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:43 pm
txj wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:31 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:31 pm
txj wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 pm
We've done well in women's football in Africa, but on the global level we have done exceptionally well comparatively speaking in youth football.

The gap between the two is so wide its almost like we are talking about two different things.
I know what you are insinuating.

But just STOP!

North Korea has won the cup twice won how many in the Senior competition?
Aside from the US, Germany and of recent Japan which women's team has translated success in the U20 into success in the Women's World Cup?

The gap is because of development. The same gap happens in boys soccer... there's a lot that goes into developing from a youth player to an adult player.

Interesting that we are now comparing ourselves with North Korea. What is next? Vanuatu?

Its interesting that all the countries that have done well in the youth tournaments have gone on to show progress in the senior game, except Nigeria and, you guessed it, N. Korea!

My point remains.

The extrapolation is all yours.
this is what they call painting with a broad brush, very lazy analysis as an impartial observer i must say.
Extremely lazy analysis and he knows it.

China, Brazil, and Sweden had a golden age of women's football, and they won ZERO women's world cup. They actually have the benefit of having exceptional players who play in good leagues and didn't have their development stunted or their FA get in the way.

In youth sports, across the regions, people routinely don't reach their potential for a myriad of reasons...

At the adult level, if there's a flaw in your game it will be exploited and the margins one has to recover from errors is just not there...

Try as you may with the long winded explanation, you still have not addressed the issues.

The countries that have been successful at this level have all used this as a basis for developing their football and moving on to greater things in the global game except Nigeria and N. Korea.

That's THE Fact.

While our team has not used this as a springboard for greater success, our players too have not transitioned in significant numbers.

N. Korea too. But in their case they can at least cite international isolation.

What's our excuse?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:59 pm
jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 am We got a gift there, that wasn't a pk.
I was wondering about that too especially if she rescinded the yellow card (which is essentially saying the foul isn't serious enough to warrant a card) why would it warrant a penalty and our player was flying in from her blind side.
Because NOT every foul results in a yellow card...
Nonetheless a foul inside the box is a penalty-kick!

Meanwhile, I guess under the "Jette Rules" of football...
It's illegal to come in on an opponent's blindside, without forewarning! SMDH
if both players have rights to contest the ball; naturally each player is at liberty to employer whatever tactics gives them advantage to make a play. Hence each player was rightfully going for the ball using a legally mandated tactics inadvertent of what the other was doing. They both happen to arrive at the ball simultaneously. The referee did in fact adjudicate and concluded exactly that and rescinded the yellow card. That act alone of rescinding the yellow essentially vacates the infringement. So what's the penalty for. We are under this erroneous assumption that every time a player goes in with a head and another, with a kick is automatically in the wrong when in fact they are both making a legal play at the ball. Yes you want to avoid head injuries but two players go head to head to the ball all the time which is even more dangerous yet no particular player gets punished for it because it's obvious they are both going for the ball - the same exact thing the two players in discussion were doing. One would in fact argue that because the player flying in was a bit behind the player kicking the ball she was in fact negligent in creating a potentially dangerous situation because she was better positioned to see the kick being initiated already.
Last edited by jette1 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

This U 20 Women’s team is well coached and I like their work rate. The obvious weakness is in the goalkeeping department. Having watched the Canada game I was a bit puzzled why the coach kept the goal scorer on after she received a questionable yellow IMHO and risk her being suspended for the quarterfinals when Nigeria was 2-1 up and in command of the game. Apart from that this team could go all the way.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Gotti wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:41 pm
I watched most of the Japan / US game and Japan is the only team I would consider a real threat to our side.

To be fair, this is one of the most competitive first rounds of a tournament. Group D was the weakest group with Ghana and US not quite up to the standards of the rest. Costa Rica were also out of their depth. Everyone else could beat anyone else.

OK, BUT...

...did you see Dutch? The most impressive in the tournament, in my humble opinion. Their left winger has good ball skills.
Bell
The Dutch may be good, but Japan looks way better and embarrassed the Dutch in the opener...
Japan's 1-0 win actually flattered the Dutch who were out-shot 27-6 and dominated for large periods.

Let's not be unnecessarily swayed given the reality that every team has looked "impressive" against Ghana.
All the teams in the quarter finals are good, and each is capable of winning it all. While I look forward the Nigeria/Netherlands game on Sunday, I can’t wait for the face off between Brazil & Columbia. It will be a rematch of the Copa America Femenina Final between the two countries. The Golden Ball winner of the tournament, 17year old Linda Caicedo is also Columbia leading scorer at the U20 World Cup. What a player she is.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 amif both players have rights to contest the ball; naturally each player is at liberty to employer whatever tactics gives them advantage to make a play. Hence each player was rightfully going for the ball using a legally mandated tactics inadvertent of what the other was doing. They both happen to arrive at the ball simultaneously. The referee did in fact adjudicate and concluded exactly that and rescinded the yellow card. That act alone of rescinding the yellow essentially vacates the infringement. So what's the penalty for. We are under this erroneous assumption that every time a player goes in with a head and another, with a kick is automatically in the wrong when in fact they are both making a legal play at the ball. Yes you want to avoid head injuries but two players go head to head to the ball all the time which is even more dangerous yet no particular player gets punished for it because it's obvious they are both going for the ball - the same exact thing the two players in discussion were doing. One would in fact argue that because the player flying in was a bit behind the player kicking the ball she was in fact negligent in creating a potentially dangerous situation because she was better positioned to see the kick being initiated already.
Abegi, see dissertation... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, a ref can decide (upon review) that a FOUL does not rise to the level of a card...
It does not change the fact that the FOUL is still a FOUL, and a FOUL in the box is still a PK!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:34 amAll the teams in the quarter finals are good, and each is capable of winning it all. While I look forward the Nigeria/Netherlands game on Sunday, I can’t wait for the face off between Brazil & Columbia. It will be a rematch of the Copa America Femenina Final between the two countries. The Golden Ball winner of the tournament, 17year old Linda Caicedo is also Columbia leading scorer at the U20 World Cup. What a player she is.
Even some of the teams that did not make the QFs were very good (like Germany and even South Korea)...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Thunder wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:34 am
Gotti wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:41 pm

OK, BUT...

Bell

All the teams in the quarter finals are good, and each is capable of winning it all. While I look forward the Nigeria/Netherlands game on Sunday, I can’t wait for the face off between Brazil & Columbia. It will be a rematch of the Copa America Femenina Final between the two countries. The Golden Ball winner of the tournament, 17year old Linda Caicedo is also Columbia leading scorer at the U20 World Cup. What a player she is.
...she's a gem. I don't know if any big league club in Europe have looked her way. Her older sister is the right center back on the team.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:19 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 amif both players have rights to contest the ball; naturally each player is at liberty to employer whatever tactics gives them advantage to make a play. Hence each player was rightfully going for the ball using a legally mandated tactics inadvertent of what the other was doing. They both happen to arrive at the ball simultaneously. The referee did in fact adjudicate and concluded exactly that and rescinded the yellow card. That act alone of rescinding the yellow essentially vacates the infringement. So what's the penalty for. We are under this erroneous assumption that every time a player goes in with a head and another, with a kick is automatically in the wrong when in fact they are both making a legal play at the ball. Yes you want to avoid head injuries but two players go head to head to the ball all the time which is even more dangerous yet no particular player gets punished for it because it's obvious they are both going for the ball - the same exact thing the two players in discussion were doing. One would in fact argue that because the player flying in was a bit behind the player kicking the ball she was in fact negligent in creating a potentially dangerous situation because she was better positioned to see the kick being initiated already.
Abegi, see dissertation... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, a ref can decide (upon review) that a FOUL does not rise to the level of a card...
It does not change the fact that the FOUL is still a FOUL, and a FOUL in the box is still a PK!
But every foul in the box is not always a PK; offensive players commit fouls in the box all the time why aren’t those PKs ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."