Nigeria vs Canada 3:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Canada 2:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Post by sabb »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:59 am Ko gbu do ja de! I like this coach. :clap:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:57 am Our left back is probably our best player so far in this tournament
Definitely our most consistent performer…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

This team lacked match experience, it reflected in their touches and movements, but they're winning
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:02 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:55 am My only fear with this team is that they'll crumble when they face better competition. 88mins and 2-1 up, I'm yet to see them tighten things up at the back and MF. They're still playing a wide open game. Coach dey try sha.
what do you mean by better competition? you mean the teams they played are not good because we won?
Emir,

Where are you? Please ansa de kwesion
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Well Done Falconets
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Where’s Big Pokey to update the score?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:41 am Damn, it's almost 5am in Nigeria. Na wa-ooo! This game is played very late for some of us
...no work, national holiday :D
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

3 wins out of 3. On to the Quaterfinals. Congrats young ladies!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:02 am South Korea and France are not good teams because we beat them abi? Joblessness eh!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:55 am My only fear with this team is that they'll crumble when they face better competition. 88mins and 2-1 up, I'm yet to see them tighten things up at the back and MF. They're still playing a wide open game. Coach dey try sha.
Emir,

Oya-ooo! Dem dey wate for your ansa. Abeg ansa dem quik-quik
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:10 am Where’s Big Pokey to update the score?
Exactly what I was going to ask. I guess he is deeply sleeping right now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

1naija wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:16 am You mean in this game so far? Should we disregard the two clean sheets again France and South Korea?
Thunder wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:13 am
Cito wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:53 am This our keeper na wah.
For me, the only weak point on the team!
1Naija, truly if she’s good enough for the coach, she’s good enough for me.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Canada 3:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Post by Tobi17 »

Coach Danjuma should be knighted, this makes me believe in OUR OWN once again, we can surely get it right when we invest in the right coaching personnel and structure in our home scene.

Congrats to the girls :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Thunder wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:21 am
1naija wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:16 am You mean in this game so far? Should we disregard the two clean sheets again France and South Korea?
Thunder wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:13 am
Cito wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:53 am This our keeper na wah.
For me, the only weak point on the team!
1Naija, truly if she’s good enough for the coach, she’s good enough for me.
Undoubtedly she had a great game vs Korea, but those handling errors vs France were howlers. Some blamed the rain but her problem pass rain.
Maybe that’s why people had a siddon look first approach to her second game.
I never see this Canada game but this one wey una dey shout sotay una wake me from sleep, mean to say she don develop dropsy again.
Na wa o…. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:31 am
King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 am
naijaguy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 am Nigeria will win the tournament. I haven't seen any team better than them yet.
not if the keeper has anything to say about it, Japan will test her for sure but yes not much left other than Japan.
I think all teams will be trying our keeper from afar form now. They already know she is NOT good
So, you pair of agbayas, odas and futcha, have nothing better to do than berate a kid who just navigated the group stages of the u20 World Cup, conceding just one fortuitous goal. Shame on you both :mad: ❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 am
Exactly what I was going to ask. I guess he is deeply sleeping right now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I forgot about the game and went to sleep. Only to hear screaming coming from Cybereagles. So I woke up in panic to realise our keeper don begin cause alarm again.
All the time, believing the game ended 2-1 from the thread title.
Next thing to my pleasant surprise, reading the end of the thread, they scored a third goal like say I dey watch am live.
Me sef begin shout for early mormor as people begin prepare for work. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Meanwhile game don end since. :lol:
Congrats to the girls.
I don upgrade score with all happiness.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:38 am
Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:31 am
King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 am
naijaguy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 am Nigeria will win the tournament. I haven't seen any team better than them yet.
not if the keeper has anything to say about it, Japan will test her for sure but yes not much left other than Japan.
I think all teams will be trying our keeper from afar form now. They already know she is NOT good
So, you pair of agbayas, odas and futcha, have nothing better to do than berate a kid who just navigated the group stages of the u20 World Cup, conceding just one fortuitous goal. Shame on you both :mad: ❗️

Cheers.
i did no such thing, its a good thing Calhoun didn't share your mindset, you never would have celebrated a title :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 am
Oboy I just wake up ooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Well done Falconets.
I watched most of the Japan / US game and Japan is the only team I would consider a real threat to our side.
The French look good too, but we’ve already done them.

To be fair, this is one of the most competitive first rounds of a tournament. Group D was the weakest group with Ghana and US not quite up to the standards of the rest. Costa Rica were also out of their depth. Everyone else could beat anyone else.

So Sunday against the Dutch is not a done deal but I like our chances.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

waka-man wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 am Well done Falconets.
I watched most of the Japan / US game and Japan is the only team I would consider a real threat to our side.

To be fair, this is one of the most competitive first rounds of a tournament. Group D was the weakest group with Ghana and US not quite up to the standards of the rest. Costa Rica were also out of their depth. Everyone else could beat anyone else.

Anyone has the youtube video of our third goal?

That was a classic goal. The way the lady that crossed the ball was holding her run not to be offside, the inch perfect cross that left the Canada GK stranded and the perfect tap in by the goal scorer!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I watched every second of this game and Coach Danjuma isn’t after all the gem everyone assumed he was. I mean this was the worst game falconers played so far from beginning to end.
With nothing to lose and Canada already out of competition I expected a lot more from the coach than what I saw. And I emphasize the coach because he lacked proper philosophy and leadership to this particular outing. One would think that the team would have come out poised and relaxed with crisp simple command of compact cohesive movement instead we saw a disorganized back, disorganized goal keeping and uncoordinated final third. The midfield and wings were the only momentary flashes. Yes we tend to be blinded to the realities anytime we win. And please go back and watch our game against France - I mean that was a mastery and difficult game that we approached with utmost controls in every department except of course the usual suspect - goalie. Canada with such a weak team could have given us nothing short of a practice game yet we lacked leadership and motivation. Thanks to the ref we would have ended up playing Japan.
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OK, BUT...

...did you see Dutch? The most impressive in the tournament, in my humble opinion. Their left winger has good ball skills.
Bell
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bell wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:07 am

OK, BUT...

...did you see Dutch? The most impressive in the tournament, in my humble opinion. Their left winger has good ball skills.
Bell
No doubt one of the best sides in the tournament. But I’d say behind Japan and probably behind Nigeria and Colombia.

But yeah, very good side and wide open tournament. I just don’t know that anyone can live with the possession and movement of the Japanese.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:06 am

Anyone has the youtube video of our third goal?

That was a classic goal. The way the lady that crossed the ball was holding her run not to be offside, the inch perfect cross that left the Canada GK stranded and the perfect tap in by the goal scorer!
Check FIFA+