Nigeria vs Canada 3:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Canada 3:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:41 am
wanaj0 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:06 am
waka-man wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 am Well done Falconets.
I watched most of the Japan / US game and Japan is the only team I would consider a real threat to our side.
The French look good too, but we’ve already done them.

To be fair, this is one of the most competitive first rounds of a tournament. Group D was the weakest group with Ghana and US not quite up to the standards of the rest. Costa Rica were also out of their depth. Everyone else could beat anyone else.

So Sunday against the Dutch is not a done deal but I like our chances.
Anyone has the youtube video of our third goal?

That was a classic goal. The way the lady that crossed the ball was holding her run not to be offside, the inch perfect cross that left the Canada GK stranded and the perfect tap in by the goal scorer!
Check FIFA+
https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/ ... dpkTqG6NIS

Probably their best match so far. Waking from going down a sloppy goal in the 2nd min to go on score and win. Good job.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:37 am
I watched most of the Japan / US game and Japan is the only team I would consider a real threat to our side.

To be fair, this is one of the most competitive first rounds of a tournament. Group D was the weakest group with Ghana and US not quite up to the standards of the rest. Costa Rica were also out of their depth. Everyone else could beat anyone else.

That was a classic goal. The way the lady that crossed the ball was holding her run not to be offside, the inch perfect cross that left the Canada GK stranded and the perfect tap in by the goal scorer!
Check FIFA+

Probably their best match so far. Waking from going down a sloppy goal in the 2nd min to go on score and win. Good job.
My only comment is that I am shocked how the Falconets are able to sustain intense pressure on the ball for an entire game. Did they train on the kilimanjaro?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Canada 2:1 (Onyenezide x2)

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:38 am
Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:31 am
King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 am
naijaguy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 am Nigeria will win the tournament. I haven't seen any team better than them yet.
not if the keeper has anything to say about it, Japan will test her for sure but yes not much left other than Japan.
I think all teams will be trying our keeper from afar form now. They already know she is NOT good
So, you pair of agbayas, odas and futcha, have nothing better to do than berate a kid who just navigated the group stages of the u20 World Cup, conceding just one fortuitous goal. Shame on you both :mad: ❗️

Cheers.
i did no such thing, its a good thing Calhoun didn't share your mindset, you never would have celebrated a title :)
not if the keeper has anything to say about it, Japan will test her for sure but yes not much left other than Japan

The above quote speaks for itself. You don’t think we have a good chance of winning unless we change our goalie. You said it; own it🙂❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

We cannot, under any circumstances, underestimate the Dutch. Remember Denmark in 1998❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:02 am I watched every second of this game and Coach Danjuma isn’t after all the gem everyone assumed he was. I mean this was the worst game falconers played so far from beginning to end.
With nothing to lose and Canada already out of competition I expected a lot more from the coach than what I saw. And I emphasize the coach because he lacked proper philosophy and leadership to this particular outing. One would think that the team would have come out poised and relaxed with crisp simple command of compact cohesive movement instead we saw a disorganized back, disorganized goal keeping and uncoordinated final third. The midfield and wings were the only momentary flashes. Yes we tend to be blinded to the realities anytime we win. And please go back and watch our game against France - I mean that was a mastery and difficult game that we approached with utmost controls in every department except of course the usual suspect - goalie. Canada with such a weak team could have given us nothing short of a practice game yet we lacked leadership and motivation. Thanks to the ref we would have ended up playing Japan.
Suffice it to say that you don’t know what the heck you’re talking about. This was the Falconets’ most important game thus far. They were under intense pressure to win the group, playing against a Canadian team that was determined to salvage something. They needed to be cautious and composed and, in the end, they were❗️

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:29 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 am
naijaguy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 am Nigeria will win the tournament. I haven't seen any team better than them yet.
not if the keeper has anything to say about it, Japan will test her for sure but yes not much left other than Japan.
I think all teams will be trying our keeper from afar form now. They already know she is NOT good
So, you pair of agbayas, odas and futcha, have nothing better to do than berate a kid who just navigated the group stages of the u20 World Cup, conceding just one fortuitous goal. Shame on you both :mad: ❗️

Cheers.
i did no such thing, its a good thing Calhoun didn't share your mindset, you never would have celebrated a title :)
not if the keeper has anything to say about it, Japan will test her for sure but yes not much left other than Japan

The above quote speaks for itself. You don’t think we have a good chance of winning unless we change our goalie. You said it; own it🙂❗️

Cheers.
she has been shaky handling the ball, yes but no, I meant that as no insult to the young lady, i will choose my words more carefully next time.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:45 pm
jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:02 am I watched every second of this game and Coach Danjuma isn’t after all the gem everyone assumed he was. I mean this was the worst game falconers played so far from beginning to end.
With nothing to lose and Canada already out of competition I expected a lot more from the coach than what I saw. And I emphasize the coach because he lacked proper philosophy and leadership to this particular outing. One would think that the team would have come out poised and relaxed with crisp simple command of compact cohesive movement instead we saw a disorganized back, disorganized goal keeping and uncoordinated final third. The midfield and wings were the only momentary flashes. Yes we tend to be blinded to the realities anytime we win. And please go back and watch our game against France - I mean that was a mastery and difficult game that we approached with utmost controls in every department except of course the usual suspect - goalie. Canada with such a weak team could have given us nothing short of a practice game yet we lacked leadership and motivation. Thanks to the ref we would have ended up playing Japan.
Suffice it to say that you don’t know what the heck you’re talking about. This was the Falconets’ most important game thus far. They were under intense pressure to win the group, playing against a Canadian team that was determined to salvage something. They needed to be cautious and composed and, in the end, they were❗️

Cheers.
Cybereagles :lol: :lol:! How can you honestly sit there with a straight face and say that they were cautious and composed in this game compared to the two previous games :woot:??? I agree with jette1 jare :agree:, but I'll rather put the blame on the girls instead of the coach, because that guy screamed his lungs out with the right instructions throughout the game.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Check FIFA+

Interesting how Nigeria always does well in women youth football..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:45 pm

Cheers.
Wrong; yes we want to win but they were not under intense pressure to do so. And assuming you are right why would they not be more cautious than sit in the keepers box passing ball to and from as if nothing mattered and consequently conceded a very shameful most embarrassing goal of the tournament.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 am We got a gift there, that wasn't a pk.
I was wondering about that too especially if she rescinded the yellow card (which is essentially saying the foul isn't serious enough to warrant a card) why would it warrant a penalty and our player was flying in from her blind side.
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:14 pm

Check FIFA+

We've done WELL in Women footballs and not only in women YOUTH football.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This txj nah real wah, now he wants to claim indirectly that the current u20 girls are over age...ok.. those are babies ooooo. Kids .... the girl who scored against France is a kid oo. Stop before you hurt yourself. No overages woman can run 90mins like those girls oooo

Our girls have been to the quarterfinals of the worldcup 2 or 3 times
.they've won Wafcon more than 10 times. We've yet to win the u20s, making it two finals ...no come carry the same way dey fortune chukwudi the men towards the women
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Check FIFA+

We've done WELL in Women footballs and not only in women YOUTH football.

We've done well in women's football in Africa, but on the global level we have done exceptionally well comparatively speaking in youth football.

The gap between the two is so wide its almost like we are talking about two different things.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 pm
We've done well in women's football in Africa, but on the global level we have done exceptionally well comparatively speaking in youth football.

The gap between the two is so wide its almost like we are talking about two different things.
I know what you are insinuating.

But just STOP!

North Korea has won the cup twice won how many in the Senior competition?
Aside from the US, Germany and of recent Japan which women's team has translated success in the U20 into success in the Women's World Cup?

The gap is because of development. The same gap happens in boys soccer... there's a lot that goes into developing from a youth player to an adult player.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cheers.
Bros TonyTheTigerKiller,

No be de tin wey we see we dey tok? No be our fort-ooo!

But becos she be smol pikin, na him make am dey shake like tree wey breeze dey blow? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:23 am
Odas wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 am
Gotti wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:10 am Where’s Big Pokey to update the score?
Exactly what I was going to ask. I guess he is deeply sleeping right now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oboy I just wake up ooo
I suspected so, o'ldboy. In fact, I knew so :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Check FIFA+

...a football team succeed because they camp together longer, know each other, and play frequently among themselves.
That describes our youth football teams.
The SE and SF only camp together a week or two before any major match hence lack of cohesion on the playing field.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Check FIFA+

My only comment is that I am shocked how the Falconets are able to sustain intense pressure on the ball for an entire game. Did they train on the kilimanjaro?
...San Jose, Costa Rica has a typical tropical African atmosphere.
I lived in that neighborhood for 3 years (that is Panama to the south).
Everything there looks and smell Nigeria except the Spanish language and some of their light skinned oyinbos.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:31 pm

But just STOP!

Aside from the US, Germany and of recent Japan which women's team has translated success in the U20 into success in the Women's World Cup?

The gap is because of development. The same gap happens in boys soccer... there's a lot that goes into developing from a youth player to an adult player.

Interesting that we are now comparing ourselves with North Korea. What is next? Vanuatu?

Its interesting that all the countries that have done well in the youth tournaments have gone on to show progress in the senior game, except Nigeria and, you guessed it, N. Korea!

My point remains.

The extrapolation is all yours.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:31 pm

But just STOP!

Interesting that we are now comparing ourselves with North Korea. What is next? Vanuatu?

Its interesting that all the countries that have done well in the youth tournaments have gone on to show progress in the senior game, except Nigeria and, you guessed it, N. Korea!

My point remains.

this is what they call painting with a broad brush, very lazy analysis as an impartial observer i must say.
Saints baby we did it
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:43 pm

But just STOP!

My point remains.

this is what they call painting with a broad brush, very lazy analysis as an impartial observer i must say.
Extremely lazy analysis and he knows it.

China, Brazil, and Sweden had a golden age of women's football, and they won ZERO women's world cup. They actually have the benefit of having exceptional players who play in good leagues and didn't have their development stunted or their FA get in the way.

In youth sports, across the regions, people routinely don't reach their potential for a myriad of reasons...

At the adult level, if there's a flaw in your game it will be exploited and the margins one has to recover from errors is just not there...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 am We got a gift there, that wasn't a pk.
I was wondering about that too especially if she rescinded the yellow card (which is essentially saying the foul isn't serious enough to warrant a card) why would it warrant a penalty and our player was flying in from her blind side.
That was a blatant pk. That she didn't get a yellow does not make it any less a pk. By your analysis, every pk deserves a yellow. That someone came on your blind side does not absolve you if you run into that person. It's same as accidentally tripping someone in the penalty box. It was a penalty but not a bookable offence.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:02 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:43 pm

But just STOP!

My point remains.

Extremely lazy analysis and he knows it.

China, Brazil, and Sweden had a golden age of women's football, and they won ZERO women's world cup. They actually have the benefit of having exceptional players who play in good leagues and didn't have their development stunted or their FA get in the way.

In youth sports, across the regions, people routinely don't reach their potential for a myriad of reasons...

At the adult level, if there's a flaw in your game it will be exploited and the margins one has to recover from errors is just not there...
unfortunately the negro can't have nice things mr. president
Saints baby we did it