Raphael onyedika, Our new Sunday Oliseh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Raphael onyedika, Our new Sunday Oliseh

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:53 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:51 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:32 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:31 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:01 pm Very good player but I don't think he's better than or as good as kelechi Nwakali.
I don't think you can really compare them as they're two completely different styles of Midfielders, they'd complement eachother very well if partnered together
Sunset,
You are a well respected contributor to Eagles Nest.
Can you explain where this continued fascination with K Nwakali comes from?
He is constantly linked with a SE role and I honestly can’t see where performance matches the recommendation.

How much sentiment (if any) would you say is involved here?
Because there are several other players (albeit in other positions) that are doing and have done far more in their careers that do not even come into the picture when the SE are being discussed.
Damunk,

I must say that I am mystified by your view of Nwakali. Is there something you know that’s causing you to continue to be pessimistic about him? When you talk about performance with respect to Nwakali, you are probably referring to his club fortunes which, on the whole, have been somewhat less than flattering albeit has had nothing to do with on-field performance. Moreover, every time we’ve seen him in Nigerian colors, he has more than justified his inclusion in the squad. The truth about Nwakali is that he is a bundle of potential. He has exhibited the kind of skills that few, throughout the lifetime of the SuperEagles, have possessed and that makes most people believe that if given a fair chance, he might deliver. For me personally, he is Sunday Oliseh and Mikel rolled into one… and let me assure you that for the impartial observer, there is no sentiment involved. It is just too difficult to ignore the enormous possibilities with Kelechi Nwakali❗️

Cheers.
Chief,
There’s no mystery involved unless any contrary opinion mystifies you.
You have already highlighted one main point of contention yourself: his “less than flattering” club performances. Add to that the migratory nature of his career and mystery solved.
The real mystery is how any of you can so vehemently argue for his inclusion in the elite SE squad based on maybe 5 games in total? And that is mainly thanks to the last AFCON.
Personally, l think he was ‘decent’ in SE colours but I wouldn’t say he was exceptional. And for him to displace anyone in the squad, he needs to earn that spot.
For me, I am not convinced.
So while my view is pretty easy to see (even if you disagree with it) it isn’t such a mystery.
Your view however is more difficult to understand in the light of what I have detailed above.

No view is sacrosanct.
We just see things differently, that’s all.
I said club fortunes, you say performance. They are hardly the same thing. You obviously have a hidden bias since there’s nothing glaringly wrong with his performance. I do think that in his short stint with the SuperEagles, he has out-performed every other central midfielder we’ve featured. If you can tolerate any one of them, why not Nwakali❓❗️

Cheers.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:59 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:57 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:11 pm Milan have increased their offer for Onyedika to €6.5 million but Midtjylland are still playing hardball
Dem swear for dem?
They should let him go for free instead? Yea
E dey pain you? Not another of your home based to promote!
The sarcasm went over your head? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:23 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:11 pm Milan have increased their offer for Onyedika to €6.5 million but Midtjylland are still playing hardball
Dem swear for dem?
The sarcasm in my response unfortunately went over your head as well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:21 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:01 pm Very good player but I don't think he's better than or as good as kelechi Nwakali.
I don't think you can really compare them as they're two completely different styles of Midfielders, they'd complement eachother very well if partnered together
Sunset,
He is constantly linked with a SE role and I honestly can’t see where performance matches the recommendation.

Because there are several other players (albeit in other positions) that are doing and have done far more in their careers that do not even come into the picture when the SE are being discussed.
Damunk,

I must say that I am mystified by your view of Nwakali. Is there something you know that’s causing you to continue to be pessimistic about him? When you talk about performance with respect to Nwakali, you are probably referring to his club fortunes which, on the whole, have been somewhat less than flattering albeit has had nothing to do with on-field performance. Moreover, every time we’ve seen him in Nigerian colors, he has more than justified his inclusion in the squad. The truth about Nwakali is that he is a bundle of potential. He has exhibited the kind of skills that few, throughout the lifetime of the SuperEagles, have possessed and that makes most people believe that if given a fair chance, he might deliver. For me personally, he is Sunday Oliseh and Mikel rolled into one… and let me assure you that for the impartial observer, there is no sentiment involved. It is just too difficult to ignore the enormous possibilities with Kelechi Nwakali❗️

Cheers.
Chief,
You have already highlighted one main point of contention yourself: his “less than flattering” club performances. Add to that the migratory nature of his career and mystery solved.
The real mystery is how any of you can so vehemently argue for his inclusion in the elite SE squad based on maybe 5 games in total? And that is mainly thanks to the last AFCON.
Personally, l think he was ‘decent’ in SE colours but I wouldn’t say he was exceptional. And for him to displace anyone in the squad, he needs to earn that spot.
So while my view is pretty easy to see (even if you disagree with it) it isn’t such a mystery.
Your view however is more difficult to understand in the light of what I have detailed above.

No view is sacrosanct.
I said club fortunes, you say performance. They are hardly the same thing. You obviously have a hidden bias since there’s nothing glaringly wrong with his performance. I do think that in his short stint with the SuperEagles, he has out-performed every other central midfielder we’ve featured. If you can tolerate any one of them, why not Nwakali❓❗️

Cheers.
Ok. So someone having a contrary opinion to yours equates to a ‘bias’, right?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That presumes your opinion is sacrosanct and smacks of an arrogance which I have no wish to contest.

But it’s cool.
:thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:48 pm
Dem swear for dem?
The sarcasm in my response unfortunately went over your head as well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed :laugh:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset,

Damunk,

Cheers.

The issue with Nwakali is that at this point in his career, we should not still be describing him as a "bundle of potential". Having said that, count me among those who still believes in him and what he brings to the table. In my view, he showed at the Nations Cup why he is still relevant in the conversation of our best midfielders. However he's got to get his club career sorted.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:48 pm
Dem swear for dem?

FC Midtjylland know that they have a gem in Onyedika. Based on how long they have him under contract they are not in a hurry to sell unless they get the right offer. As much as we would love to see him at Milan. This is still a business. This one will go down to the wire, I think.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset,

Damunk,

Cheers.
Chief,

No view is sacrosanct.

Cheers.

The reason for this distinction without any differentiation is that there's actually no body of club performance that exists anywhere in his adult club career to point to.

Except in the deeper nerder recesses of adult fantasies.

Not even in the SE and a thoroughly average and nondescript performance.

The legend continues to grow regardless...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Onyedika is a better player than Ndidi, superb defensive output and an equally excellent ability to drive the ball forward (something Ndidi is bad at doing), Ndidi's ball interception is of course world class, but he can't recycle the ball well in a possession phase cause his passing is subpar, Onyedika is by far a better passer of the ball
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:14 pm
Sunset,

Damunk,

Cheers.
Chief,

No view is sacrosanct.

Cheers.
Ok. So someone having a contrary opinion to yours equates to a ‘bias’, right?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That presumes your opinion is sacrosanct and smacks of an arrogance which I have no wish to contest.

But it’s cool.
:thumb:
I make the case for bias, not because you disagree with me but because you keep harping about a shortcoming that’s hard for anyone else to see. My opinion is by no means sacrosanct but anyone who has assessed Nwakali honestly knows that performance is not the issue. Do I know specifically why you are biased against him? No but so far, you’ve declined to specify exactly what deficiencies in his game are affecting his performance. That’s a strong indication of bias❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:11 pmMilan have increased their offer for Onyedika to €6.5 million but Midtjylland are still playing hardball
Dem swear for dem?
He was home-based not that long ago...
If Milan values him, they should the DARN asking price (which is peanuts btw)!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Wouldn't be a fan of Onyedika moving to Milan at this stage of his career as they'll either send him on loan or he'll spend a lot of time on their bench with not much playing time. He's a good player no doubt but the difference in quality from the Danish League to Serie A is a lot not to mention going to a top team like Milan.
Plus they have a young Nigerian coming up the ranks of their youth teams that plays in a similar position.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:14 am Wouldn't be a fan of Onyedika moving to Milan at this stage of his career as they'll either send him on loan or he'll spend a lot of time on their bench with not much playing time. He's a good player no doubt but the difference in quality from the Danish League to Serie A is a lot not to mention going to a top team like Milan.
Plus they have a young Nigerian coming up the ranks of their youth teams that plays in a similar position.
Milan intend to have him.in their squad and are not loaning him out. The main problem is adequate playing time for him especially as he missed the pre season.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:03 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:14 am Wouldn't be a fan of Onyedika moving to Milan at this stage of his career as they'll either send him on loan or he'll spend a lot of time on their bench with not much playing time. He's a good player no doubt but the difference in quality from the Danish League to Serie A is a lot not to mention going to a top team like Milan.
Milan intend to have him.in their squad and are not loaning him out. The main problem is adequate playing time for him especially as he missed the pre season.
Yet aren’t willing to pay the measly asking price…interesting
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:12 am
Cant help youself can you? Hating on a boy that is young enough to be your son. SMH.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:18 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:12 am
Cant help youself can you? Hating on a boy that is young enough to be your son. SMH.
Stating facts, what did I say that’s incorrect? Is sunset that shares a similar sentiment also hating? I guess he’s one of your nairaland massive you were talking about the other day…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Milan have abandoned the chase for Raphael Onyedika after Midtjylland turned down their improved offer. According to French sources, they have agreed a deal with Bordeaux for Cameroonian midfielder, Jean Onana.
Well done Midtjylland!!!
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bret fart, when things don’t make sense they tend not to be true, like I said let me know when they buy him and we will celebrate together.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:29 am Milan have abandoned the chase for Raphael Onyedika after Midtjylland turned down their improved offer. According to French sources, they have agreed a deal with Bordeaux for Cameroonian midfielder, Jean Onana.
Well done Midtjylland!!!
He will get a better deal. So sad that Millan had to pick a fuuking cameroonian with no talent over him. It is well. We move.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:43 pm Bret fart, when things don’t make sense they tend not to be true, like I said let me know when they buy him and we will celebrate together.
You are a pathetic hater. Why would I celebrate with you? You that don't see anything good in our up and coming ballers. :roll:

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:15 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:29 am Milan have abandoned the chase for Raphael Onyedika after Midtjylland turned down their improved offer. According to French sources, they have agreed a deal with Bordeaux for Cameroonian midfielder, Jean Onana.
Well done Midtjylland!!!
He will get a better deal. So sad that Millan had to pick a fuuking cameroonian with no talent over him. It is well. We move.
Na wa oh!! Is that really necessary?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:23 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:43 pm Bret fart, when things don’t make sense they tend not to be true, like I said let me know when they buy him and we will celebrate together.
You are a pathetic hater. Why would I celebrate with you? You that don't see anything good in our up and coming ballers. :roll:
I just live in reality, watch them pay more than they offered for Onyedika to secure their real target…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:23 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:23 pm
I just live in reality, watch them pay more than they offered for Onyedika to secure their real target…
Still cant help himself. Just come out and say the truth hater. Its ok. :mrgreen: