Nigeria vs Netherlands (0-2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Netherlands (0-2)

Post by bret- hart »

im noticing alot of the bigger nations are eating good of VAR. Japan better watch out cos FIFA always cheats on France behalf
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Great effort by our girls! Our attack lacked the patience that was needed in the second half. This team has several players that can be assets to the Super Falcons if they continue to develop. I hope that Randy Waldrum and his staff were paying attention.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

jette1 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:11 am
bushboy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:45 am The coach is blameless. He can't go on the pitch to catch the ball for his keeper or clear the ball for his captain. He has done his job. The team pass well are are well drilled in possession football. The rest is left to the players to execute. If they can score before the 70th minute, there is hope. If not, make dem go home. Dem don try.
FALSE; the coach selected the keeper and the keeper is the worst keeper in the tournament and it has costs them hence the coach is useless
Who should he have selected? Neuer? My broda, you select what you have. Even for the SE, we have a goalkeeper problem that cost us a WC ticket. Not to talk of U20 girls. The team played quality football. Far better than the Dutch, but somehow we lost. The coach did his job. Props to him..
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:38 am im noticing alot of the bigger nations are eating good of VAR. Japan better watch out cos FIFA always cheats on France behalf
Assuming you are correct, what is the point of these tournaments if games are already decided (by trick, or so) against other teams?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Great showing by Nigeria. Had they gotten more into the box and worked on combined passes in, the result would have been very different.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Great showing by Nigeria. Had they gotten more into the box and worked on combined passes in, the result would have been very different.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

The entire team, coaches included deserves our attitude of gratitude & not criticism.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:28 am
Odas wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:25 am This game is NOT ours to win at all. Almost everything went against us, damn!
Are you serious? The ref played no part in this loss.
Huh?! Dude said NOTHING about the ref...
But thanks for sharing your predisposition. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:48 amThe entire team, coaches included deserves our attitude of gratitude & not criticism.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Proud of the girls...
They went down FIGHTING!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It’s not about any of the above; two words - coach and keeper.
The word was already out. “Just shoot at the keeper any chance you get she is a basket” And that exactly what the Dutch did
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Odas wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:33 am
Odas wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:25 am This game is NOT ours to win at all. Almost everything went against us, damn!
Oh yeah? First, did I say the referee did? Second, what happened to our clear penalty in the EARLY part of the first half? Third, what about LUCK? Will you say the Dutch were better than we were?
My bad. I thought you were putting it on the ref. I don't think that we are that better than them. They seem like they were playing to instruction which is the mark of a good coach and a well drilled team. They knew we had a lot of fast players with good ball control so they retreated. They knew they could hit us on the counter and if they do go a goal down, then they will come out and play. Just because we were blitzing them gave you guys a false illusion that they are weak. This Dutch team beat USA and Ghana silly and lost by 1-0 to Japan who are arguably the best team in the tournament.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bushboy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:43 am
jette1 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:11 am
bushboy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:45 amThe coach is blameless. He can't go on the pitch to catch the ball for his keeper or clear the ball for his captain. He has done his job. The team pass well are are well drilled in possession football. The rest is left to the players to execute. If they can score before the 70th minute, there is hope. If not, make dem go home. Dem don try.
FALSE; the coach selected the keeper and the keeper is the worst keeper in the tournament and it has costs them hence the coach is useless
Who should he have selected? Neuer? My broda, you select what you have. Even for the SE, we have a goalkeeper problem that cost us a WC ticket. Not to talk of U20 girls. The team played quality football. Far better than the Dutch, but somehow we lost. The coach did his job. Props to him.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

JETTE1 sounds truly CLUELESS...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:48 am
Huh?! Dude said NOTHING about the ref...
But thanks for sharing your predisposition. :lol:
He didn't but he was one of the people complaining about the ref so I assumed he was implying that all the calls went against us. I already apologized.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:51 amMy bad. I thought you were putting it on the ref. I don't think that we are that better than them. They seem like they were playing to instruction which is the mark of a good coach and a well drilled team. They knew we had a lot of fast players with good ball control so they retreated. They knew they could hit us on the counter and if they do go a goal down, then they will come out and play. Just because we were blitzing them gave you guys a false illusion that they are weak. This Dutch team beat USA and Ghana silly and lost by 1-0 to Japan who are arguably the best team in the tournament.
How is that mutually-exclusive with our being the "better" football-playing team?

First, none of the teams in the quarter-finals could be earnestly considered as "weak". Even teams like Germany and Korea (even arguably the US) could not be considered as "weak" teams. Nonetheless, the latter part of that seems to indicate you don't think we were "playing to instruction" also. Better you thought our coach incapable of issuing proper instructions, or perhaps our players as incapable of properly following instructions. If either is the case, afraid that' indicative of inherent inferiority complex. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I DISAGREE WITH 85% OF ALL PKs, BUT...

...even for me, that first one was definitely one. And I have no idea why they didn't call for the VAR. I think the ref did a good job after that.

The Dutch were clearly the better team, something I indicated in another thread prior to this match. If Nigeria had played with the calmness of the Dutch, they probably would have won.

Which leads me to say that those in charge of Nigerian women need to address issue before the next tourney:

1) They need to add more polish to their game, exercise more self control and play more like a team, utilizing their teammates more.

2) A play made with a clear purpose may do more than one made with utmost determination. Too often I see these young ladies take bad shots (bad angles, off balance shots, wrong foot, long distance). On many occasions they try to blast the ball with all their might, all their heart and all their soul as though that can get the ball thru the opponent. Such situations call for using your teammate or something else.

3) Know when to pump the brakes trying to cover an opponent with the ball to avoid injuries to either player, foul call or being faked out.

4) Let them watch a film of their matches and maybe these will be corrected.
Bell
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:02 am
packerland wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:51 amMy bad. I thought you were putting it on the ref. I don't think that we are that better than them. They seem like they were playing to instruction which is the mark of a good coach and a well drilled team. They knew we had a lot of fast players with good ball control so they retreated. They knew they could hit us on the counter and if they do go a goal down, then they will come out and play. Just because we were blitzing them gave you guys a false illusion that they are weak. This Dutch team beat USA and Ghana silly and lost by 1-0 to Japan who are arguably the best team in the tournament.
How is that mutually-exclusive with our being the "better" football-playing team?

First, none of the teams in the quarter-finals could be earnestly considered as "weak". Even teams like Germany and Korea (even arguably the US) could not be considered as "weak" teams. Nonetheless, the latter part of that seems to indicate you don't think we were "playing to instruction" also. Better you thought our coach incapable of issuing proper instructions, or perhaps our players as incapable of properly following instructions. If either is the case, afraid that' indicative of inherent inferiority complex. SMH
Gotti,

I think it's past your bed time. I was responding to people that were saying we lost to a weak Dutch team. Yes, they were playing to instruction to fall back so we don't hurt them with our speed. Now, the dutch coach said before their game against Ghana that Ghana is physical and fast. Its stereotypical of European coaches to use that as scouting report when playing African teams. Sadly, it worked for the Dutch even though I don't think our girls are physical. I was talking about game plan. They chose to hit us on the counter for fear of our speed and our game plan was to attack them. Now you are the one accusing me of calling our players and coaches dumb. I may not fancy the coach but that doesn't mean he is dumb. I've been on this forum in and out since 2003 and you will never see me get into those stupid IC vs FC debate.
Last edited by packerland on Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:08 am I DISAGREE WITH 85% OF ALL PKs, BUT...

...even for me, that first one was definitely one. And I have no idea why they didn't call for the VAR. I think the ref did a good job after that.

The Dutch were clearly the better team, something I indicated in another thread prior to this match. If Nigeria had played with the calmness of the Dutch, they probably would have won.

Which leads me to say that those in charge of Nigerian women need to address issue before the next tourney:

1) They need to add more polish to their game, exercise more self control and play more like a team, utilizing their teammates more.

2) A play made with a clear purpose may do more than one made with utmost determination. Too often I see these young ladies take bad shots (bad angles, off balance shots, wrong foot, long distance). On many occasions they try to blast the ball with all their might, all their heart and all their soul as though that can get the ball thru the opponent. Such situations call for using your teammate or something else.

3) Know when to pump the brakes trying to cover an opponent with the ball to avoid injuries to either player, foul call or being faked out.

4) Let them watch a film of their matches and maybe these will be corrected.
Bell
The Dutch were the "better" team because they won...
But they were by NO RATIONAL definition "clearly" the better side.

The Dutch were outplayed and out-hustled...
What you call "calmness" is their INABILITY to get on the ball - and not for lack of trying (given the foul count).

But you were correct about one thing...
That first PK shout should have been a stone-cold PK, and it befuddling it didn't even warrant a VAR review.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:41 am Great effort by our girls! Our attack lacked the patience that was needed in the second half. This team has several players that can be assets to the Super Falcons if they continue to develop. I hope that Randy Waldrum and his staff were paying attention.
I hope Randy Waldrum is paying attention to the unemployment line... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:22 amGotti,

I think it's past your bed time. I was responding to people that were saying we lost to a weak Dutch team. Yes, they were playing to instruction to fall back so we don't hurt them with our speed. Now, the dutch coach said before their game against Ghana that Ghana is physical and fast. Its stereotypical of European coaches to use that as scouting report when playing African teams. Sadly, it worked for the dutch even though I don't think our girls are physical. I was talking about game plan. They chose to hit us on the counter for fear of our speed and our game plan was to attack them. Now you are the one accusing me of calling our players and coach dumb. I've been on this forum in and out since 2003 and you will never see me get into those stupid IC vs FC debate.
Huh?! Nobody said anything about "IC vs FC"...
But thanks for sharing your obviously inherent bias. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:30 am
packerland wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:22 amGotti,

I think it's past your bed time. I was responding to people that were saying we lost to a weak Dutch team. Yes, they were playing to instruction to fall back so we don't hurt them with our speed. Now, the dutch coach said before their game against Ghana that Ghana is physical and fast. Its stereotypical of European coaches to use that as scouting report when playing African teams. Sadly, it worked for the dutch even though I don't think our girls are physical. I was talking about game plan. They chose to hit us on the counter for fear of our speed and our game plan was to attack them. Now you are the one accusing me of calling our players and coach dumb. I've been on this forum in and out since 2003 and you will never see me get into those stupid IC vs FC debate.
Huh?! Nobody said anything about "IC vs FC"...
Bro,

You are an FC hater, don't lie :D You thought I was calling our coach dumb cos he is local.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:27 am
mystic wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:41 am Great effort by our girls! Our attack lacked the patience that was needed in the second half. This team has several players that can be assets to the Super Falcons if they continue to develop. I hope that Randy Waldrum and his staff were paying attention.
I hope Randy Waldrum is paying attention to the unemployment line... :lol:
Gotcha! :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We actually performed better than we did against Canada. The second goal deflated the team. Overall, good showing given the circumstances.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:34 am
Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:30 amHuh?! Nobody said anything about "IC vs FC"...
Bro,
You are an FC hater, don't lie :D You thought I was calling our coach dumb cos he is local.
Even presuming it's true...
What does that have to with that particular post?!

I am also a Trump "hater"...
You think I "hate" every President of the United States?

I am too humble (irony, in case you miss it :lol: ) to say so myself...
But nonetheless smart enough to walk and chew gum simultaneously.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL