Osimhen to Man utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen to Man utd

Post by bushboy »

packerland wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:13 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:03 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:22 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:13 pm ^^
All this long tori and all of it irrelevant to the point I'm making. This is not a discussion about Victor's status in Italy. Yes, he is huge there. Napoli love him. He is the president's boy. No argument there.

Simply, IF he makes a big money move to the EPL, he will need to perform at par or very close to what Haaland is currently doing at City to enjoy the same level of love he is currently enjoying in Italy. The fans will not take kindly to a 100 million player missing the kind of chances Victor tends to miss. He could have had 4 goals against Juve. He missed probably the two easiest of chances. Both 1-v-1 with the keeper.

But if you think you have "schooled" me with your write up, no yawa.
Just stop! You don’t give him credit when he does something good. Wasn’t it you that said he can’t score against big team? I guess Juventus is no longer a big team. You need to be worried about your boy Moffi has not scored in a while now.
It was true when I said it. I'm glad he's finally got the monkey off his back.

Moffi scored yesterday. Has the same amount of goals as Osimhen this season.
I’m happy for Moffi. Unlike you I don’t put down one of our player just to promote another.

My issue with you is that a guy scored 2 goals with an assist and you said he should’ve scored 4. Like someone answered you, when was the last time Haaland scored 4? Don’t you see how unfair you can be to Osimhen the player.
Did you watch the game? Did you see the two 1-on-1 misses he had?
I don't know why someone being honest is met with so much vitriol. Victor played well and scored 2 good headed goals, but he also missed two very easy chances.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Have you heard from petagna, Meertens, Raspberry and Pikin Cholo? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:54 pm
All this long tori and all of it irrelevant to the point I'm making. This is not a discussion about Victor's status in Italy. Yes, he is huge there. Napoli love him. He is the president's boy. No argument there.

Simply, IF he makes a big money move to the EPL, he will need to perform at par or very close to what Haaland is currently doing at City to enjoy the same level of love he is currently enjoying in Italy. The fans will not take kindly to a 100 million player missing the kind of chances Victor tends to miss. He could have had 4 goals against Juve. He missed probably the two easiest of chances. Both 1-v-1 with the keeper.

Just stop! You don’t give him credit when he does something good. Wasn’t it you that said he can’t score against big team? I guess Juventus is no longer a big team. You need to be worried about your boy Moffi has not scored in a while now.

I’m happy for Moffi. Unlike you I don’t put down one of our player just to promote another.

My issue with you is that a guy scored 2 goals with an assist and you said he should’ve scored 4. Like someone answered you, when was the last time Haaland scored 4? Don’t you see how unfair you can be to Osimhen the player.
I don't know why someone being honest is met with so much vitriol. Victor played well and scored 2 good headed goals, but he also missed two very easy chances.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They have the same number (not amount) of goals. But:

Who wants Moffi - West Ham
Who wants Osimhen - Real Madrid.

Levelllllssss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Same way Your Isaac Failure ended in Udinese. :lol:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Let me give you some advice that comes from experience. When you watch Nigerian players, try not to do it with the kinda eye where you're critiquing their every move. The reason is that you often miss the same errors that other non-Nigerian players make, and thus tend to judge Nigerians harshly.

After every super eagles game, we always hear of one defensive blunder or another, but the truth is that on any objective measure, the SE has had one of the truly best defenses in Africa over the last 5 years.

Same for Osimhen. Use stats and facts to balance out your inclination to critique every touch. He's the highest goal scorer in Italy after missing over a month of the league. Any weakness you saw on the field is VERY likely shared by his peers...Haaland, Kane, Martinez, etc. If it weren't, he wouldn't be the highest goal scorer in a major league.

He's started 15 games for Napoli this season and has scored 13 goals. That's objectively excellent. Everybody can get better, and not everyone will become Cristiano Ronaldo, but when you look at what Osimhen has done and your comment is of the nature of 'if he wants to survive in England, he'd have to get better at X', you have to check yourself, and the defense mechanisms you have adopted to protect yourself from disappointment. The boy is great!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:35 am

Let me give you some advice that comes from experience. When you watch Nigerian players, try not to do it with the kinda eye where you're critiquing their every move. The reason is that you often miss the same errors that other non-Nigerian players make, and thus tend to judge Nigerians harshly.

After every super eagles game, we always hear of one defensive blunder or another, but the truth is that on any objective measure, the SE has had one of the truly best defenses in Africa over the last 5 years.

Same for Osimhen. Use stats and facts to balance out your inclination to critique every touch. He's the highest goal scorer in Italy after missing over a month of the league. Any weakness you saw on the field is VERY likely shared by his peers...Haaland, Kane, Martinez, etc. If it weren't, he wouldn't be the highest goal scorer in a major league.

He's started 15 games for Napoli this season and has scored 13 goals. That's objectively excellent. Everybody can get better, and not everyone will become Cristiano Ronaldo, but when you look at what Osimhen has done and your comment is of the nature of 'if he wants to survive in England, he'd have to get better at X', you have to check yourself, and the defense mechanisms you have adopted to protect yourself from disappointment. The boy is great!
Well said.

Bottomline: The boy is the deadliest striker in Italy so far this season and it’s been long coming. A lot more maturity in his game and much improvement in how his teammates use him.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

While a move to Man Utd would be good for Osimhen on a personal level (money and profile), I worry about the way that Man Utd has "eaten" young talented players alive in recent seasons and turned them into shells of their former selves (e.g. Sancho, Depay, Pogba, Di Maria).

For the sake of maintaining his high reputation, I hope he goes somewhere like Bayern or PSG (after Messi retires).
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I said in another thread. There is really no reason for Osimhen to leave Napoli.

Well the ONLY reason (which someone mentioned on that thread) is if others offer him a higher pay, but there is a lot more that can be done in Napoli for him. For example, it seems that he loves Napoli, if his daughter lives in Italy and he owns a house there, the stability decree (which reduces Napoli's tax liability) can be extended beyond 5 years for one. His pay package can be increased at any point to rival suitors.

Basically finance is the only issue here really. I think Napoli realistically can knock on the Champions League door in the years to come and they can dominate Italy. AND they do have some history. So what really is so great about clubs like Spurs really or even United, who although look great under the new coach, are still not as favoured as Napoli in Europe.

I think too much emphasis is placed on paper names. And this is funnily enough what sustains teams like United, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. Even when they are at their worst, players sign for them for sentimental reasons and often unsustainable pay packages, which always makes them relevant.

Napoli TODAY are the real deal, I would stick with them if I were him. Napoli may just become the best team in Europe, so I wouldn't be so eager to leave.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tbite - there is a reason why serial Champions League winners like Casemiro will leave the world and European Champions to go to a club like Man Utd that was in disarray: money 💰. It is why eg. during Juventus’ era of dominance where they won Seria A 9 times in a row and reached the Champions League final, Man Utd came along and signed its best player (even though Man Utd was not qualifying for the Champions League).

No matter how well Napoli does in Serie A, it cannot match the salaries that Premier League teams pay. Most websites report that Napoli’s top earner is on less than £110K a week (and that player is not Osimhen). There are defenders at Man Utd earning £250K a week for sitting on the bench. Napoli cannot compete with that.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:12 pm Tbite - there is a reason why serial Champions League winners like Casemiro will leave the world and European Champions to go to a club like Man Utd that was in disarray: money 💰. It is why eg. during Juventus’ era of dominance where they won Seria A 9 times in a row and reached the Champions League final, Man Utd came along and signed its best player (even though Man Utd was not qualifying for the Champions League).

No matter how well Napoli does in Serie A, it cannot match the salaries that Premier League teams pay. Most websites report that Napoli’s top earner is on less than £110K a week (and that player is not Osimhen). There are defenders at Man Utd earning £250K a week for sitting on the bench. Napoli cannot compete with that.
:clap:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:16 am I said in another thread. There is really no reason for Osimhen to leave Napoli.

Well the ONLY reason (which someone mentioned on that thread) is if others offer him a higher pay, but there is a lot more that can be done in Napoli for him. For example, it seems that he loves Napoli, if his daughter lives in Italy and he owns a house there, the stability decree (which reduces Napoli's tax liability) can be extended beyond 5 years for one. His pay package can be increased at any point to rival suitors.

Basically finance is the only issue here really. I think Napoli realistically can knock on the Champions League door in the years to come and they can dominate Italy. AND they do have some history. So what really is so great about clubs like Spurs really or even United, who although look great under the new coach, are still not as favoured as Napoli in Europe.

I think too much emphasis is placed on paper names. And this is funnily enough what sustains teams like United, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. Even when they are at their worst, players sign for them for sentimental reasons and often unsustainable pay packages, which always makes them relevant.

Napoli TODAY are the real deal, I would stick with them if I were him. Napoli may just become the best team in Europe, so I wouldn't be so eager to leave.
It all depends on Napoli. Napoli has a choice to make now. Do they want to be serial Champions League contenders in Europe or do they just want to make a buck. In Kvara and Osimhen, they really have the ingredients for domination. HOWEVER, they will have to PAY them and also add other important players.

Most clubs in Napoli’s situation (think Atletico, Dortmund, Ajax, Leicester) choose the ‘make a buck’ route, and proceed to sell their star players for huge profits and try replace them on the cheap.

I contend that it’s not Osimhen’s decision to make at all. Napoli could make him and other stars stay. But I doubt they would.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Apparently Di Laurentis is a master at making a profit. He actually loves selling players but for record prices.

If it boils down the the club president then it seems he will actually be keen to sell if the buyers have the money. But he won't sell for a moderate price. If it is a tight market then Osimhen goes nowhere, if there is money then he likely leaves after the Scudetto.

but Osimhen also has Do Laurentis' ear, if I were him, I would consider talking to him man to man and dreaming of something much bigger than the quick buck.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:12 pm Tbite - there is a reason why serial Champions League winners like Casemiro will leave the world and European Champions to go to a club like Man Utd that was in disarray: money 💰. It is why eg. during Juventus’ era of dominance where they won Seria A 9 times in a row and reached the Champions League final, Man Utd came along and signed its best player (even though Man Utd was not qualifying for the Champions League).

Based on the highlighted alone, Vic should go to Man U this transfer window. Nonsense and ingredients. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Manchester United could make a £105m bid for Napoli striker Victor Osimhen but the move for the 23-year-old Nigeria forward would likely not come until the summer
https://www.bbc.com/sport/64420170
https://www.soccernews.nl/news/exclusie ... 0-miljoen/
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Well that is the only argument like I said. Money is the only reason why clubs like United have longevity.

These clubs are really not that great, not even in their management. If players and clubs were more fiercely competitive and loyal, clubs like United would struggle big time lol. It wouldn't even be out of the realm of possibility that we could see some of them relegated.

They are propped up by unsustainable spending and sentiment. The lower clubs in reality are just as good, all things being equal. It's an illusion that there are great clubs, there are no great clubs in football, just a few lets say financial conduits.

There is really nothing special about United, Liverpool, Madrid etc. In fact if Football associations truly enforced financial fair play, these clubs would fall down the pecking order. They DO NOT truly enforce it. Italy funnily enough appears to be more corrupt, but in reality might just be the LEAST corrupt top 5 league in Europe. The difference I think is that in Italy, the laws are being enforced. In England, the laws are not enforced.

This is one of the reasons (probably the main reason) why I no longer support any club. It's all just corruption and money. Is Juventus really the black sheep in Europe? I highly doubt it. United, Man City, PSG, Madrid, Chelsea etc. are all corrupt. And it annoys me that a team like Napoli that is right now potentially the best club in Europe, is now going to be pushed aside for what, corruption?

Football in Europe is a farce. Even Juventus should have been punished more severely due to previous crimes.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:06 am

Based on the highlighted alone, Vic should go to Man U this transfer window. Nonsense and ingredients. :roll:
he should leave a club where he is their "leader" and in a few months, he could write history, making him a CITY legend - not just a club legend? You are well known for being one of the most brain dead persons on this forum, but this... this clearly shows you are actually brainless.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tbite- re your comment that "There is really nothing special about United, Liverpool, Madrid etc."

On the contrary there is. They have managed to turn local sports teams into global businesses. They transformed a part-time football team for railway workers to have a kick about after work into a multi-billion dollar business. The same market forces that propel people in Nigeria to "Jappa" or a young software engineer to leave a start-up tech company and join Google, also applies to footballers. If Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, or Man Utd offer Osimhen £300K a week (which will more than treble his salary) that is difficult for a player to turn down in a career that can end with one bad tackle.

Brighton are doomed to sell their best players every year to bigger clubs because a team on the south coast of England that has never won the league title or Champions League cannot afford to risk paying 60 million for unproven teenagers.🏆

Meanwhile, Barcelona (while in the midst of a financial meltdown) can tap into its nostalgic history and apply "economic levers" and buy the greatest striker in the history of modern German football, Leeds' best player, and outbid Chelsea for a player that Chelsea badly wanted - while on the verge of bankruptcy.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:46 am

Well that is the only argument like I said. Money is the only reason why clubs like United have longevity.

These clubs are really not that great, not even in their management. If players and clubs were more fiercely competitive and loyal, clubs like United would struggle big time lol. It wouldn't even be out of the realm of possibility that we could see some of them relegated.

They are propped up by unsustainable spending and sentiment. The lower clubs in reality are just as good, all things being equal. It's an illusion that there are great clubs, there are no great clubs in football, just a few lets say financial conduits.

There is really nothing special about United, Liverpool, Madrid etc. In fact if Football associations truly enforced financial fair play, these clubs would fall down the pecking order. They DO NOT truly enforce it. Italy funnily enough appears to be more corrupt, but in reality might just be the LEAST corrupt top 5 league in Europe. The difference I think is that in Italy, the laws are being enforced. In England, the laws are not enforced.

This is one of the reasons (probably the main reason) why I no longer support any club. It's all just corruption and money. Is Juventus really the black sheep in Europe? I highly doubt it. United, Man City, PSG, Madrid, Chelsea etc. are all corrupt. And it annoys me that a team like Napoli that is right now potentially the best club in Europe, is now going to be pushed aside for what, corruption?

Football in Europe is a farce. Even Juventus should have been punished more severely due to previous crimes.
Not sure what you are up to.

Those clubs have lasted and dominated because of management! They turned professional sports club to global BUSINESS.

They are able to attract investors, make shareholders happy etc. You think it is easy?

Even with the FFP, they are still dominating!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:46 am There is really nothing special about United, Liverpool, Madrid etc. In fact if Football associations truly enforced financial fair play, these clubs would fall down the pecking order. They DO NOT truly enforce it. Italy funnily enough appears to be more corrupt, but in reality might just be the LEAST corrupt top 5 league in Europe. The difference I think is that in Italy, the laws are being enforced. In England, the laws are not enforced.
LFC operate well within FFP rules. City don't or didn't. Chelsea are barely within it. Man United operate within the rules as they have huge revenues.

As for Vic, I think he should remain at Napoli for at least another season. They're favourites for the CL and will likely get stronger next year. Why leave for a club in transition like Man United?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mourinho is his usual diplomatic self:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:34 am
Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:46 am There is really nothing special about United, Liverpool, Madrid etc. In fact if Football associations truly enforced financial fair play, these clubs would fall down the pecking order. They DO NOT truly enforce it. Italy funnily enough appears to be more corrupt, but in reality might just be the LEAST corrupt top 5 league in Europe. The difference I think is that in Italy, the laws are being enforced. In England, the laws are not enforced.
LFC operate well within FFP rules. City don't or didn't. Chelsea are barely within it. Man United operate within the rules as they have huge revenues.

As for Vic, I think he should remain at Napoli for at least another season. They're favourites for the CL and will likely get stronger next year. Why leave for a club in transition like Man United?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:56 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:03 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:34 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:55 pm Lol...so you really believe that Haaland, who is a year younger than Osimhen, and is widely regarded as hands down the best young striker in the world can be sold to an extremely wealthy club like Man City for €60 million, but that Osimhen, who has not scored 20 league goals in his entire career, and was held in check in 180 minutes of crucial world cup qualifiers by the "mighty" Daniel Amartey, will be sold for €100 million PLUS you also get CR7? No way in hell will that EVER happen. If it does, it will be a disaster, because after Vic misses his first few chances the fans would come for his jugular. Not a good move at all.
You clearly don’t understand how valuations work. For one thing, time left on contract is a big factor.
You think fans care about that?! All they will know is that there is a 60 million dude on the blue side scoring goals for fun, so their own 100 million boy better outperform him. If Victor dare misses the kind of chances he has missed at Napoli at Man U, oh boy! They will make his life a living hell!!
Unfortunately for you, you dont understand the situation. The same way your favorites, Petagna and Mertens, huffed and puffed and got blown away to Monta and Turkey, your new favorites, Raspberry and Pikin Cholo, will huff and puff their way on the bench, until Osimhen chooses to leave Napoli.

Let me explain it to you this way. And the truth is, I dont care generally because since SE humiliated me against Ghana, I am now against every single SE player. But I think its wise for me to tell you the truth :lol: Osimhen is FEARED AND RESPECTED in Italy! Let me say that again slowly, Osimhen is feareeeeed and respected in italy. Outside Lazio fans (who of course and rightly so, believe Immobile is the top 2 strikers in Serie A, if not number 1) in Italy, every other person believes Osimhen and Vlahovic are the top two strikers in the League... not even Lukaku o! Serie A fans are afraid of, and respect, Osimhen and Vlahovic. In Naples, he is their Prince. Even when Insigne, their captain who they loved was there and then decided to leave, you would NEVER have even know the captain of Naples was leaving :rotf: :rotf: The fans didnt bat an eyelid! For them, their Prince - Osimhen - was there! Then you have De Laurentis who spent 80 million and intends to almost double it when he sells! Do you remember when Osimhen was punished by Spalleti in the summer? and Osimhen was still talking sh111t when he was walking off? Guess what? Next game, he was the first name on the pitch.

I understand your anger here. Frankly, Osimhen has a lot of room for improvement and a lot of your criticisms are warranted Thank God for that! Because No serious striker peaks at 23! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: At 23, I want to see this mistakes! Strikers peak from 26-29! Just imagine he was like Lukaku! 29 year old, peaked and still like this! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So yes, you have some points. But I understand you are angry and very bitter about the situation. The sad part is that you will continue to be bitter and hurt every Sunday. And I dont mean this in a way to attack you! I am telling you what I KNOW! not what I think, but what I KNOW! Victor is very very powerful in Naples and in Italy! Not only do they fear him on the pitch, off the pitch, he is considered untouchable by the President! There is absolutely nothing Spalleti can do about that. I am truly sorry to tell you like this, because it will be the same for Raspberry and Pikin Cholo, as it was for your Petagna and Mertens.

Take it easy.
I tried to advise you. Imagine having to be in pain every weekend :rotf:
Do you wish you took my advise last year? :D
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No thanks. He should go to Madrid or PSG.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx