Ejuke vs Dortmund

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Ejuke vs Dortmund

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:15 am
Gotti wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:22 am
Dammy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:26 pm Akpoguma had another good game today in a 3 at the back formation for Hoffenheim.
Where are those who were applauding the daft decision to drop him for an untested player?
I hope Peseiro speaks to the boy and bring him back to the SE fold. We need him
First, Agent Rohr played Akpoguma at RB, so his back-3 CB performance is/was IRRELEVANT to his SE stint...
Second, he was (reportedly) the one who declined an ANC invite, and Olisah Ndah was EXCELLENT in his brief cameo.
Where's Cameo Ndah today? The akunakuna marketing business has not worked out! A brief cameo after the game was virtually over is now what you use to analyse a player?
Akpoguma declined because your man, dumb Egu, dropped him for their client and wanted to bring him back when Balogun got injured but he did what any self respecting person would do, he turned him down.
Whether Rohr played him at RB is irrelevant, he is primarily a CD and it's a position where we are weak today. It's up to Peseiro to clean up the mess created by your man, Eguavoen!
Dammy,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Gotti’s dislike for FC is clouding his perspective. Ndah’a brief cameo was purely marketing. We haven’t seen dude again and people here are praising him like he’s the next great CD. He might turn out great but as of today, Akpoguma is better.

Eguavoen did him wrong. And yes, it’s ok to beg a player. It’s when the player starts doing Inyanga that you look away.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:26 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:15 amWhere's Cameo Ndah today? The akunakuna marketing business has not worked out! A brief cameo after the game was virtually over is now what you use to analyse a player?
Akpoguma declined because your man, dumb Egu, dropped him for their client and wanted to bring him back when Balogun got injured but he did what any self respecting person would do, he turned him down.
Whether Rohr played him at RB is irrelevant, he is primarily a CD and it's a position where we are weak today. It's up to Peseiro to clean up the mess created by your man, Eguavoen!
Dammy,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Gotti’s dislike for FC is clouding his perspective. Ndah’a brief cameo was purely marketing. We haven’t seen dude again and people here are praising him like he’s the next great CD. He might turn out great but as of today, Akpoguma is better.

Eguavoen did him wrong. And yes, it’s ok to beg a player. It’s when the player starts doing Inyanga that you look away.
Are you sure that it's not you BOTH's "dislike for IC" clouding your perspective? :lol:

DAMMY is asking where Olisa Ndah is today, when the better query is where is Agent Rohr today?
Why is the folks who know him best not employing him, but instead he has to rely on the INFERIORITY COMPLEX of WOWOs!

Olisa Ndah is where he was, his situation has NOT DEGENERATED...
If anything, he's gone on to have some FANTASTIC games at his club (including in the CAF Confed Cup final in Uyo).

But some folks will OBTUSELY fixate on Ndah for a structural issue...
Whereby we're elevating ("marketing" would've been used if they were HB) Div 2 rejects due to INFERIORITY COMPLEX!
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:42 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:26 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:15 amWhere's Cameo Ndah today? The akunakuna marketing business has not worked out! A brief cameo after the game was virtually over is now what you use to analyse a player?
Dammy,

Are you sure that it's not you BOTH's "dislike for IC" clouding your perspective? :lol:

DAMMY is asking where Olisa Ndah is today, when the better query is where is Agent Rohr today?
Why is the folks who know him best not employing him, but instead he has to rely on the INFERIORITY COMPLEX of WOWOs!

Olisa Ndah is where he was, his situation has NOT DEGENERATED...
If anything, he's gone on to have some FANTASTIC games at his club (including in the CAF Confed Cup final in Uyo).

But some folks will OBTUSELY fixate on Ndah for a structural issue...
Where we have elevating ("marketing" would've been used if they were HB) Div 2 rejects due to INFERIORITY COMPLEX!
Gotti, na wah for this your strawman argument o! :lol: :lol:
LC and DNQ no good o!
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:26 pmEguavoen did him wrong. And yes, it’s ok to beg a player. It’s when the player starts doing Inyanga that you look away.
With all DUE respect, the foregoing is just tosh...

So Rohr did Dennis "wrong" by not inviting him? So Peseiro has done Iheanacho and even Ejuke (whom this thread was about) "wrong" by not calling them up? Has he done Taiwo Awoniyi "wrong" by ignoring him, even though he led all Nigerian goalscorers in Europe's Top 5 leagues? By the same token, why did he "wrong" Raphael Onyedika, who was a regular campaigner in European competition last season, while he invited Samson Tijani, who barely saw first team action at Salzburg?! Perhaps, Peseiro will have to "beg" the likes of Maduka Okoye and Tyrone Ebuehi (after all, Ebuehi was playing regularly in Italy's Serie A, while the likes of Shehu Abdullahi, whom he called up, was struggling in Cyprus)?!

Any player is of course free to reject a national team call-up (and many have in many DIFFERENT countries, not just Nigeria), but it is rather obtuse to suggest that any player has a RIGHT or ENTITLEMENT to a national team call-up (moreso a player that did not exactly pull up trees in his limited appearances - but that I am more inclined to put down to Agent Rohr's technical and tactical limitations). While I duly respect EVERY player who has donned the green-and-white and represented our flag, wherever they were born or raised or ply their trade (unlike those who seem to elevate and worship players who were not born in Nigeria), ultimately donning the colors and representing 200m Nigerians is an HONOR!

When you don the national team colors (in any sport and in any arena, even outside of sports), you are representing NIGERIA! You are NOT representing any coach or coaches, neither are you representing the NFF, Buhari or his (or indeed ANY) government! You are "writing" your own line, paragraph, chapter (or more) in the Nigerian story (the good, the bad and ugly), and it is the collection of these "writings" that culminate in what is NIGERIA! Because "Nigeria" (just like any other nation) is NOT a stand-alone entity but the culmination of the various acts (by commission or omission) of INDIVIDUALS! Of course not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to contribute, and we should understand that and not "beg" folks to proceed against their natural inclination or better judgment. Personally, I would rather go into battle with WILLING folks.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Based only on this video, his game hasn’t changed much; tuck down the head and charge towards goal. He is young and he’ll improve.

I don’t care what anyone says. In terms of playing style, there’s very little to pick and choose between Ejuke and Iwuala. I think both players ought to have a role in the rebuilding of the SuperEagles❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:28 am
Based only on this video, his game hasn’t changed much; tuck down the head and charge towards goal. He is young and he’ll improve.

I don’t care what anyone says. In terms of playing style, there’s very little to pick and choose between Ejuke and Iwuala. I think both players ought to have a role in the rebuilding of the SuperEagles❗️

Cheers.
Iwala that isn't good enough to start for Esperance de Tunis? Are you high?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Cheers.
Seriously! Do you guys know football?? In that short video alone he created not 1 but 3 clear chances that his team mates failed to convert!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Cheers.
Seriously! Do you guys know football?? In that short video alone he created not 1 but 3 clear chances that his team mates failed to convert!
Which 3 clear chances are you speaking of? What about his 3 wild shots? What about the 3 on 1 that he messed up taking an extra touch on the ball rather than just immediately playing in the two wide open players, he allowed the one defender to slow him up and by the time he got the ball to them the defense had recovered. That should have been a clear 1-v-1. These are the things he needs to work on, it’s disingenuous to say he’s a fully productive player. He’s a live wire who is still working on when to dribble and when to pass/cross. He’s improved but still a ways to go to turn his elite dribbling ability into a super productive elite level player.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Cheers.
Which 3 clear chances are you speaking of? What about his 3 wild shots? What about the 3 on 1 that he messed up taking an extra touch on the ball rather than just immediately playing in the two wide open players, he allowed the one defender to slow him up and by the time he got the ball to them the defense had recovered. That should have been a clear 1-v-1. These are the things he needs to work on, it’s disingenuous to say he’s a fully productive player. He’s a live wire who is still working on when to dribble and when to pass/cross. He’s improved but still a ways to go to turn his elite dribbling ability into a super productive elite level player.
So? Do you know how many times players lose possession, give wrong passes or shoot off target in a game? It's all part of the game, so I don't know why his case is different. His ability to dribble and get past players is what makes him special. He had a very high rating in that game.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:29 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Cheers.
So? Do you know how many times players lose possession, give wrong passes or shoot off target in a game? It's all part of the game, so I don't know why his case is different. His ability to dribble and get past players is what makes him special. He had a very high rating in that game.
Of course average to below average players, you don’t see elite players consistently doing the wrong things. I personally want him to get there, clearly you just want him to just be a ‘dribbler’…
Super Eagus 4 Life!