We need a new coach for the Falcons, or draft Passero to coach them in Australia next year

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
We need a new coach for the Falcons, or draft Passero to coach them in Australia next year

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this one wey we get is too clueless
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need a new coach for the Falcons, or draft Passero to coach them in Australia next year

Post by Gotti »

We definitely need to do something…
Or we will end up playing 3-and-out at WC next year, playing EYESORE football.

The usual Coach Randy VILLAGE GAMESMASTER tactics we started off the game with on Saturday (and stuck with throughout the first half) was simply irritating and befuddling. For seemingly the zillionth time, we deployed a fast forward in Omunomu upfront and relied on little more than simply punting the ball often in forlorn hope towards her to chase and try to conjure something out of, and of course the outcome was no better than with the so-called “average” Asisat at WAFCON, with the lone forlorn forward routinely isolated upfront and outnumbered by opposing defenders.

Personally, I am not one for Internet-based formations and tactics, but given the personnel available to us and the opposition at hand (playing a settled side at home in front of their own raucous fans) had expected a back-three formation with the defensively-weak (or weaker) Alozie and Payne deployed as wingbacks, giving us a back-five out of possession and a five-man midfield in possession (and as some of us have been crowing since WAFCON, with Amanda Mbadi in the midfield role courageously but sub-optimally played by Ajibade) affording better support to the true midfield duo of Uchiebe and debutant Ajibola whom were constantly outnumbered in the middle of the park.

Of course, the professional WOWO Excuse Makers (or the “natives” in Oga CELLULAR’S parlance) we’re quick to rush in with their usual polemic pablum, with ADISBOY instead blaming the players (leaving the rational mind pondering who selected, coached and deployed the players) and the HB-hating TTK denigrating debutant young Falconets, when the reality was that it was the introduction of some of those Falconets that lent technicality and credibility to our better second-half showing, while we pitched a shutout only when three of the back-four were HB players (Akudo, Demehin and Imuran).

It is NOT too late for Coach Randy to save his job, but frankly if we SUCK again on Tuesday night (and personally I do not give a rat’s behind that the opposition is the US, because that’s largely the quality we would be facing at the WC), then the Village Gamesmaster should be put out of his (and increasingly our collective) misery and sent on a long walk down a short pier and his replacement afforded enough time to prepare the team for the WC next year (rather than the usual NFF fire-brigade approach of appointing a last-minute replacement).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need a new coach for the Falcons, or draft Passero to coach them in Australia next year

Post by Gotti »

Btw, some of the Professional WOWO Excuse Makers driveled on yesterday about our supposedly missing “6 starters” (not sure if they were parroting the commentators), but among those is Rita Chikwelu who was decidedly POOR and ineffective at WAFCON (arguably the POOREST and most ineffective starter at WAFCON, before thankfully the injury enforced switch to Uchiebe spared our blushes) and frankly in several other games prior to WAFCON, and whom at 34 we should ideally be looking to move on from (of course some of us argued that Amanda Mbadi should have made that WAFCON squad).

Others include the consistently INCONSISTENT Frances Ordega, who remains an admirable trier but whom ideally should be primarily providing squad depth at this stage of her career, and who elicited howls of disagreement when voted POTM in one of her WAFCON starts, as well as Onome Ebi who (for all of her terrific experience, leadership qualities and speed of thought if no longer of feet) will be 40 years old by the time the WC rolls around next summer and increasing prone to niggling injuries, and of course the so-called “average” (and injured) Asisat Oshoala that many CEs routinely denigrate.

Frankly, the only players truly “missed” yesterday were Ashleigh Plumptre (whom of course the Village Gamesmaster routinely deploys as a LB instead), Ekene Okobi (whom Gamesmaster did not even initially call up for the pre-WAFCON training, until mercifully the unavailability of Desire Oparanozie and Chinwedu Ihezuo, due to China’s Wuhan Province COVID quarantine regulations, necessitated replacement players), and Halimat Ayinke. Here’s news for the Professional Excuse Makers, there will be sundry injuries and unavailabilities before and perhaps even during next year’s WC!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti , you've said it all. Yes that Tonythetigerkiller, just parroted the 6 player missing crap from the commentator JP dellacamera. I think Okon is a better coach . This current SF's coach is scared to take risk. They play the US again in a few days, let us see what tactics he deploys
If not we must start a campaign to kick him out and get a better coach . We have 9 months to prepare.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:03 pm Gotti , you've said it all. Yes that Tonythetigerkiller, just parroted the 6 player missing crap from the commentator JP dellacamera. I think Okon is a better coach . This current SF's coach is scared to take risk. They play the US again in a few days, let us see what tactics he deploys
If not we must start a campaign to kick him out and get a better coach . We have 9 months to prepare.
Nah FC for me even though Randy may not be the guy. Your NFF don’t respect local coaches. We also don’t know how much influence Randy has on these friendlies. I’ve watched more Falcons friendlies this year than I’ve watched my life time.

If we must hire an LC, then I don’t mind Danjuma. Okon got a 2-2 draw against Sweden and proceeded to run the girls down in training before their game against Australia. You can tell the girls had tired legs in that match. Okon screams too much for my liking too. You can see it affects the girls from settling in to the match.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Florence Omagbemi and Mercy Akide is more than enough to get the falcons flying again. We don't need a FC for the Falcons.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:34 pm We definitely need to do something…
Or we will end up playing 3-and-out at WC next year, playing EYESORE football.

The usual Coach Randy VILLAGE GAMESMASTER tactics we started off the game with on Saturday (and stuck with throughout the first half) was simply irritating and befuddling. For seemingly the zillionth time, we deployed a fast forward in Omunomu upfront and relied on little more than simply punting the ball often in forlorn hope towards her to chase and try to conjure something out of, and of course the outcome was no better than with the so-called “average” Asisat at WAFCON, with the lone forlorn forward routinely isolated upfront and outnumbered by opposing defenders.

Personally, I am not one for Internet-based formations and tactics, but given the personnel available to us and the opposition at hand (playing a settled side at home in front of their own raucous fans) had expected a back-three formation with the defensively-weak (or weaker) Alozie and Payne deployed as wingbacks, giving us a back-five out of possession and a five-man midfield in possession (and as some of us have been crowing since WAFCON, with Amanda Mbadi in the midfield role courageously but sub-optimally played by Ajibade) affording better support to the true midfield duo of Uchiebe and debutant Ajibola whom were constantly outnumbered in the middle of the park.

Of course, the professional WOWO Excuse Makers (or the “natives” in Oga CELLULAR’S parlance) we’re quick to rush in with their usual polemic pablum, with ADISBOY instead blaming the players (leaving the rational mind pondering who selected, coached and deployed the players) and the HB-hating TTK denigrating debutant young Falconets, when the reality was that it was the introduction of some of those Falconets that lent technicality and credibility to our better second-half showing, while we pitched a shutout only when three of the back-four were HB players (Akudo, Demehin and Imuran).

It is NOT too late for Coach Randy to save his job, but frankly if we SUCK again on Tuesday night (and personally I do not give a rat’s behind that the opposition is the US, because that’s largely the quality we would be facing at the WC), then the Village Gamesmaster should be put out of his (and increasingly our collective) misery and sent on a long walk down a short pier and his replacement afforded enough time to prepare the team for the WC next year (rather than the usual NFF fire-brigade approach of appointing a last-minute replacement).
The above highlighted confirms that there's either something wrong with you or comprehension is a deficiency. You name check me and link me to an assertion I NEVER MADE. Please show me where i blamed the players. I blamed the preparation or lack there of. Nobody can tell me that 1 day's training with a bunch of new players added is enough to do any thing meaningful to a team of US quality, if you think so then I might add delusion to one of your traits.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:04 pmThe above highlighted confirms that there's either something wrong with you or comprehension is a deficiency. You name check me and link me to an assertion I NEVER MADE. Please show me where i blamed the players. I blamed the preparation or lack there of. Nobody can tell me that 1 day's training with a bunch of new players added is enough to do any thing meaningful to a team of US quality, if you think so then I might add delusion to one of your traits.
Er…you did blame Glory Ogbonna (and Ohale) for “leaking” goals…
Specifically, you blamed Ogbonna’s supposed “lack of awareness” (same issues defense had when she didn’t play).

The goals that we conceded on Saturday much arose from pretty much the same sort of “awareness” deficiencies that we suffered in several previous games (for example, the WAFCON opener against South Africa - that Glory Ogbonna did NOT feature in). When a team REPEATEDLY suffers SAME or similar deficiencies even with DIFFERENT players, then the logical and rational thing to do would be to turn to the only CONSTANT - the Coach!

So, dude, feel free to label me as “delusional” for supposedly expecting a “meaningful” performance (it’s not as if most of these players have never previously played together - with most of them camping and prosecuting the WAFCON), but be careful not to add PERSONAL DISHONESTY to one of your own traits. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

And just in case, you “play” dumb (not exactly sure when folks are “playing” or just being themselves on CE)….
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=5800078
Adisboy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:00 pmI really do not know what you guys were expecting. We can with a severely depleted squad with a lot of green horns with very little preparation playing the WORLD CHAMPIONS! There's no magic to winning. A defence with Ohale and Ogbonna will leak a lot of goals mainly due to Ogbonna's lack of awareness. We are missing Onome & Plumptre massively for games like this.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:20 pm
Adisboy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:04 pmThe above highlighted confirms that there's either something wrong with you or comprehension is a deficiency. You name check me and link me to an assertion I NEVER MADE. Please show me where i blamed the players. I blamed the preparation or lack there of. Nobody can tell me that 1 day's training with a bunch of new players added is enough to do any thing meaningful to a team of US quality, if you think so then I might add delusion to one of your traits.
Er…you did blame Glory Ogbonna (and Ohale) for “leaking” goals…
Specifically, you blamed Ogbonna’s supposed “lack of awareness” (same issues defense had when she didn’t play).

The goals that we conceded on Saturday much arose from pretty much the same sort of “awareness” deficiencies that we suffered in several previous games (for example, the WAFCON opener against South Africa - that Glory Ogbonna did NOT feature in). When a team REPEATEDLY suffers SAME or similar deficiencies even with DIFFERENT players, then the logical and rational thing to do would be to turn to the only CONSTANT - the Coach!

So, dude, feel free to label me as “delusional” for supposedly expecting a “meaningful” performance (it’s not as if most of these players have never previously played together - with most of them camping and prosecuting the WAFCON), but be careful not to add PERSONAL DISHONESTY to one of your own traits. SMH
Oh my! It's even worse than i thought. We are talking about this friendly against the USA which I blamed squarely on preparation. How is saying Ogbonna has some deficiencies in her play, when I have not linked it to any incident in the match blaming the player? As far as this match is concerned I haven't blamed any player. Did you hear me say "Ogbonna was at fault for the 1st goal" or any similar statement bring it to me.

At the WAFCON, if we are being honest, it was only the 1st game (vs South Africa) that the defence was vulnerable. Everyone is agreement that the Coach screwed up that game. 100% the coach. But for the rest of the tournament except when we went down to 9 players against Morocco we were untroubled. The Zambian goal was a massive fluke. Where we failed mainly was in our forward play - we were just not scoring our chances. Zambia could have been a 4-1 thrashing at least on another day, Burundy should have been at least 7 and Botswana 5.

Now talking about Glory Ogbonna, she's a bit reckless in her tackles more than any of our other defenders e.g. conceeded unnecessary penalties to Jamaica & South Africa (in Aisha Buhari Cup, that actually killed our come back). In the summerseries she was the one caught out of position for the 1st goal against the US after we kept them at bay expertly. Got sent off against Ghana in the qualifiers for another reckless challenge after we just had a player advantage. She's goes for sliding tackles in dangerous areas and very often get's it wrong. Why didn't have any minutes at the WAFCON? That should tell you why. When Demehin came on for her on Saturday, the backline was more assured.

And all this insinuations that we are making excuses for the coach is hogwash. For me, I will never jump on the bandwagon of those attacking any of our national coaches without being objective not emotional. My own grouse is with the way the NFF prepares our teams, apart from the Super Eagles. Just look at the CHAN team for example. What stopped them from landing in the US 3 or 4 days earlier.