NFF PRESIDENCY: Akinwumi Announces 4-Point Agenda....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF PRESIDENCY: Akinwumi Announces 4-Point Agenda....

Post by Enugu II »

Akinwunmi: My Four-Point Agenda Will Revamp, Boost Nigerian Football
http://bsnsports.com.ng/post/Akinwunmi- ... -Football-
By MansoorSeptember 06, 2022 In Football

Ibraheem Lateef Ayodele

Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, a Presidential aspirant in the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) elections says his four cardinal point Agenda is what the country needs to revamp its football.

Akinwunmi who is popularly called BSA is one of the leading candidates ahead of the September 30th polls in Benin, Edo State.

The Lagos FA boss has promised to focus on football business, football infrastructure, football technology and football grassroots development.

While many stakeholders say the upcoming NFF Elections will be the most interesting polls in recent years, many have also hailed the 1st Vice President of the NFF for having one of the most practicable manifestos.

Akinwunmi has insisted that the ecosystem of Nigeria football is viable enough to allow him to actualize his plans in the next four years.

"There is no need to say what I can't do because I know where our football is lacking and areas I will need to channel my energy on as NFF President".

"Our Football is ripe for infrastructural development across the country and it is one of the things my administration will focus on".
In my view, for the first time we have a well-thought agenda for Nigerian football. This is not about someone throwing around the claim that we will win trophies or not even stating exactly what they plan to do.

Here, we have a candidate focusing on things that can dramatically change the face of Nigerian football in the future. The challenge is securing the funds to achieve those goals.

Nevertheless that we already know his experience in building grassroots football, we know his experience in seeking funds from the business sector and not merely relying on government handouts. Thus, he has experience in two of the four cardinal points that he has raised. The challenge is the overall funding and his plans for the other two cardinal points (infrastructure and technology).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF PRESIDENCY: Akinwumi Announces 4-Point Agenda....

Post by Damunk »

Prof, remember he refused to be drawn into whether or not he will run when you drilled him on the issue last year.
Wouldn’t say yes, wouldn’t say no. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Unfortunately, it seems like he’s toast. A couple SW State FA bosses will not be backing him, he supposedly can’t win without their votes. I have an in law who’s a SW FA boss, he was disappointed over the weekend after he found out. I could be wrong but that’s what I”m hearing here in downtown Ibadan. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:06 pm

Ibraheem Lateef Ayodele

Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, a Presidential aspirant in the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) elections says his four cardinal point Agenda is what the country needs to revamp its football.

Akinwunmi who is popularly called BSA is one of the leading candidates ahead of the September 30th polls in Benin, Edo State.

The Lagos FA boss has promised to focus on football business, football infrastructure, football technology and football grassroots development.

While many stakeholders say the upcoming NFF Elections will be the most interesting polls in recent years, many have also hailed the 1st Vice President of the NFF for having one of the most practicable manifestos.

Akinwunmi has insisted that the ecosystem of Nigeria football is viable enough to allow him to actualize his plans in the next four years.

"There is no need to say what I can't do because I know where our football is lacking and areas I will need to channel my energy on as NFF President".

"Our Football is ripe for infrastructural development across the country and it is one of the things my administration will focus on".
In my view, for the first time we have a well-thought agenda for Nigerian football. This is not about someone throwing around the claim that we will win trophies or not even stating exactly what they plan to do.

Here, we have a candidate focusing on things that can dramatically change the face of Nigerian football in the future. The challenge is securing the funds to achieve those goals.

Nevertheless that we already know his experience in building grassroots football, we know his experience in seeking funds from the business sector and not merely relying on government handouts. Thus, he has experience in two of the four cardinal points that he has raised. The challenge is the overall funding and his plans for the other two cardinal points (infrastructure and technology).
I was asking myself where he will get the money for all the tasks if he wins, only to see you've rightly raised the same issue. Thus, I hope this is NOT one of those GREAT promises and at the end, nothing is delivered because the money is NOT there. In all, I hope he knows what he is talking about and can deliver.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:05 pm Prof, remember he refused to be drawn into whether or not he will run when you drilled him on the issue last year.
True, it was good to get him on CE thanks to your assistance.

I think this is the type of guy we need there. He gets it. If zones like SW or any other zone do not vote for him then it is really sad. Who do they think is better? Will they focus on voting for their pockets and rubbish instead of focusing on the future of Nigeria's football? The ball is in their court. Let them not come crying years later.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What accomplishments does he have that supports this? Talk is not enough.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:31 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:05 pm Prof, remember he refused to be drawn into whether or not he will run when you drilled him on the issue last year.

I think this is the type of guy we need there. He gets it. If zones like SW or any other zone do not vote for him then it is really sad. Who do they think is better? Will they focus on voting for their pockets and rubbish instead of focusing on the future of Nigeria's football? The ball is in their court. Let them not come crying years later.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ibraheem Lateef Ayodele

I sincerely hope that his priorities as stated weren’t listed in the order of precedence. I think that the most important quality in a NFF presidential aspirant is the recognition that nothing trumps grassroots football development❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:03 am

Ibraheem Lateef Ayodele

I sincerely hope that his priorities as stated weren’t listed in the order of precedence. I think that the most important quality in a NFF presidential aspirant is the recognition that nothing trumps grassroots football development❗️

Cheers.
Grassroots development is actually one of his passions.
Top Accomplishments
He was then asked what he considered to be the top NFF accomplishments of which he was most proud in his capacity as NFF VP over the last 5 years.
He listed them as follows:

iii. Youth Development
Youth development is his passion and he was proud to speak of the national U13 and U15 programmes now established in every state of the federation.
These programmes are now more widespread than ever. He spoke of a policy of de-emphasising the winning of tournaments for a broader approach. The establishment of U13 and U15 programmes hadn’t been an easy sell but they believed it was crucial for the NFF to “keep our eyes on the ball” and focus on the bigger picture. He said the commitment to youth football was unwavering and the U16 teams had gone out for a youth tournament in Japan for consecutive years. Meanwhile, increasingly, fans are beginning to watch youth teams.

Other Points Discussed

vi. NFF Presidency Contest
NFF President Amadu Pinnick has said publicly that he will not be running for another term, thus leaving the position open for contest. VP Akinwunmi was asked whether he would be contesting.
“I honestly don’t know. The new NFF President will have his hands very full. I haven’t given it much thought and people around me give it more thought than I do. God will direct me on that. But whether I run or not, I will give my all for Nigerian football.”
The meeting concluded with VP Akinwunmi thanking everyone for giving him the opportunity to meet with fans directly. He assured CE that he had taken copious notes and would be tabling some of the issues raised with the NFF.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304503&p=5673991

On CE, June 1st, 2021
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Anyone can say the RIGHT things. As Lagos state FA boss what were his achievements?
1naija wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:21 am What accomplishments does he have that supports this? Talk is not enough.

“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:01 am Anyone can say the RIGHT things. As Lagos state FA boss what were his achievements?
1naija wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:21 am What accomplishments does he have that supports this? Talk is not enough.

Thank you.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:01 am Anyone can say the RIGHT things. As Lagos state FA boss what were his achievements?

It is not about SAYING but DOING the right things. Seyi Akinwunmi has done the right things. Is there another candidate currently running for this position who has done more? If you have the answers please share wioth us. Meanwhile, read below on what Akinwumi has DONE. Now, what does his competition offer??????

Football First: Seyi Akinwunmi ticking all the boxes for NFF President.
September 6, 2022 Editorial IV Sports 0
https://www.blueprint.ng/football-first ... president/

“I’m from the north and I have endorsed Seyi. NFF affairs have never been an issue or politics of where anyone comes from. It’s about competence and my conscience tells me that Seyi is eminently an outstanding personality that can take Nigerian football to where we all all desire.”

This was former Sokoto State FA Chairman and one Nigerian football’s greatest voices, Mallam Danladi Bako, introducing Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi (BSA) to the audience at the recent official launch of Akinwunmi manifesto and campaign to lead Nigerian football.

Mallam Bako pulled no punches in explaining why he feels BSA is the right man to succeed Amaju Pinnick, and take Nigeria football to greater heights with a holistic approach and professional execution.

“Seyi is one man we respect so much,” he continued. “That is why the who is who in Nigerian football came to grace his declaration. Those who decide our fate in Nigerian football, the congressmen are present here. They have a choice to make whenever the time comes as to who they endorse but by me being present here, it has given support to Seyi.”

Mallam Bako further made the point to underline the spirit in which football unifies Nigeria, and what support of BSA means. “If I and those of us who don’t want to bring politics of region and ethnicity into the elections are supporting him, what else? What goes around will come around. Once upon a time you had Alhaji Galadima, followed by Sani Lulu followed by Aminu Maigari. One stretch of three chairmen from the North, so why didn’t you complain at that time? So if you follow my drift I am looking for the merit and the best material.”

As the date for election of NFF President, vice Presidents and other executive committee members on 30th September draws near, most football stakeholders and observers seem to consider BSA the front runner and almost certain of the top job in Nigerian football – if the outcome were based solely on merit.

Akinwunmi, the incumbent Lagos State Football Association (LSFA) Chairman, has a reputation for focusing on grassroots and schools football, with his Seyi Akinwunmi Charity Foundation offering scholarships to indigent kids – as well as running LSFA increasingly as a commercial enterprise.

His tenure has seen LSFA introduce Nigerian football as a key part of the global football business in the 21st century. In 2012, the LSFA organized Soccerex West Africa, the first time the sports business forum came to this part of the world outside South Africa

Akinwunmi also led a rebrand of football in Lagos by creating a commercial brand for LSFA, ekoFootball, an entity that drove corporate partnerships through active stakeholder engagement, sound business propositions, and solid governance.

What makes BSA the standout candidate – and demonstrates him walking the walk of his Football First vision – is his record in schools football and youth development at LSFA.

The Lagos State Youth Football League remains the most vibrant across the country. As NFF 1st Vice President, Akinwunmi led the Zenith Bank under-13 national team project; while also steering through the adoption of the Channels Kids Cup by the NFF as a protected tournament.

Most informed observers seem to be of the view that the scope, depth and innovation of BSA at the helm of LSFA make him a very strong merit based contender.

As a long standing corporate lawyer with over 30 years of experience, Akinwunmi would also bring integrity to the office, along with the analytical mind to cut through to the most important issues. He is a man who gets things done in football.

Add to this his quiet but impactful work in his area of responsibility in the outgoing executive team – youth development; and it is easy to see why Akinwunmi is widely believed to be the most competent man for the job.

His colourful declaration event was graced by FA Chairmen from all the geo-political zones, other NFF Congress members, retired internationals, football administrators, representatives of corporate Nigeria, and a myriad of members of the Nigerian football family who BSA has helped over the years.

The audience composition, glowing endorsements, and reception to his well articulated strategy for Nigerian football all point to his early lead.

Certainly this reflects a general desire in football circles to restore the dignity of real Nigerian football culture. This is in line with the Federal Government’s recently published position on how Nigerians want their number one sport to be managed and projected.

Mallam Bako, who has a long standing exposure to and experience of football and its administration in Nigeria explained the characteristics we need at the apex of the NFF.

“I want a President that will use our money judiciously and is accountable. I want a President that will take care of all national teams without giving excuses of no money.

“I want a President who will not only attract sponsorship or engage coaches, but disclose the terms and any contract contents to Nigerians. I want a President who will reengineer Nigerian football from grassroots.

“Whoever wins this election, I beg everyone to support him… I’m very much confident that Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi will win based on his track record. Anyone who can effectively manage Lagos FA, a Lagos with over 20 million population, a population of another African country, can do very well as President of NFF. So Seyi has a lot to offer.”

Barrister Akinwunmi, is his declaration speech, made the following commitment to the Nigeria football family. “I guarantee you that as much as I love football, as much as I love my friends, one thing that is paramount in my mind is football. As much as I love and cherish the camaraderie that we share and that is football, and that must come first. Nigeria football can change, only if we put football first.”

BSA introduced his anchor four-point agenda: Infrastructure, Development, Business and Technology.

Responding to Akinwunmi’s vision for Nigerian football, Remo Stars Chairman and sports betting billionaire, Mr Kunle Soname remarked that, “football anywhere in the world has gone beyond mere rhetorics to strategic business model which is capable of engaging everyone interested, especially young people and give them meaningful life.”

He continued, “so redirecting the focus of Nigerian football is paramount if we must achieve the desired goal.”

A shortlist of candidates will be released by the NFF Election Committee on Monday, 12th September.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Why not a 5-point Agenda?
  • 1) focus on football business
    2) football infrastructure
    3) football technology
    4) football grassroots development
    5) Defeat "the small country" Ghana
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:06 pm The Lagos FA boss has promised to focus on football business, football infrastructure, football technology and football grassroots development.
I like the guy. In my opinion, he will be better than Pinnick as he doesn't claim to know everything and is open to hearing arguments about better ways to do things.

His biggest challenge will be funding. But to attract funding, he has to clean up the structure and level of transparency and accountability within NFF. You have to convince people that there's some professionalism in the way funds are used.

He needs to talk to his colleagues in Mexico and Brazil on how they get corporate sponsors and how they are able to leverage the apparel sponsorship and sales to help fund football.

One of the things I will like to see for youth development is to find Sister-club partners for clubsides to encourage learning and exchange of ideas. I also want to see ZERO percent cheating when it comes to age-related teams. In 2022, we can't be accepting "age affidavit" as proof of age.

I will like to see him develop relationships with renowned agents and agencies around the world... we have to address as a matter of urgency why we don't export talent at the rate that we used to (if you ask me, it is related to the manner Pinnick treated the Age-grade teams... no new talent to showcase at the world stage).

I will like to see him restore our dominance in Women's football in Africa and extend it to the world stage.

Whatever deal he is negotiating with any apparel company it should include technology transfer... some production in Naijaria. Some technical assistance in terms of training of National team coaching staff and backroom staff... paying for them to attend seminars and symposiums, shadowing clubsides, etc.

Again, the good thing is that he is open-minded in learning new ways of doing things...

But this is Naijaria... it will boil down to who will share money for the boys and give them access to chopping money.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf: The guy is practically saying he will make the Naira equal to the dollar and natives are lining up to believe him. This guy should be running for the Lagos state house of assembly instead of the NFF president. He has the empty promises language down pat. These are all gibberish. How will he improve infrastructure? Build an NFF stadium? What football technology is he talking about? Anyway, let me not talk what I don't know. I am sure Lagosians will tell how he accomplished the same things he is promising here as Lagos FA boss.

Cellular wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:07 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:06 pm The Lagos FA boss has promised to focus on football business, football infrastructure, football technology and football grassroots development.
I like the guy. In my opinion, he will be better than Pinnick as he doesn't claim to know everything and is open to hearing arguments about better ways to do things.

His biggest challenge will be funding. But to attract funding, he has to clean up the structure and level of transparency and accountability within NFF. You have to convince people that there's some professionalism in the way funds are used.

He needs to talk to his colleagues in Mexico and Brazil on how they get corporate sponsors and how they are able to leverage the apparel sponsorship and sales to help fund football.

One of the things I will like to see for youth development is to find Sister-club partners for clubsides to encourage learning and exchange of ideas. I also want to see ZERO percent cheating when it comes to age-related teams. In 2022, we can't be accepting "age affidavit" as proof of age.

I will like to see him develop relationships with renowned agents and agencies around the world... we have to address as a matter of urgency why we don't export talent at the rate that we used to (if you ask me, it is related to the manner Pinnick treated the Age-grade teams... no new talent to showcase at the world stage).

I will like to see him restore our dominance in Women's football in Africa and extend it to the world stage.

Whatever deal he is negotiating with any apparel company it should include technology transfer... some production in Naijaria. Some technical assistance in terms of training of National team coaching staff and backroom staff... paying for them to attend seminars and symposiums, shadowing clubsides, etc.

Again, the good thing is that he is open-minded in learning new ways of doing things...

But this is Naijaria... it will boil down to who will share money for the boys and give them access to chopping money.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:38 am

Ibraheem Lateef Ayodele

Cheers.
Top Accomplishments
He was then asked what he considered to be the top NFF accomplishments of which he was most proud in his capacity as NFF VP over the last 5 years.

iii. Youth Development
Youth development is his passion and he was proud to speak of the national U13 and U15 programmes now established in every state of the federation.
These programmes are now more widespread than ever. He spoke of a policy of de-emphasising the winning of tournaments for a broader approach. The establishment of U13 and U15 programmes hadn’t been an easy sell but they believed it was crucial for the NFF to “keep our eyes on the ball” and focus on the bigger picture. He said the commitment to youth football was unwavering and the U16 teams had gone out for a youth tournament in Japan for consecutive years. Meanwhile, increasingly, fans are beginning to watch youth teams.

Other Points Discussed

NFF President Amadu Pinnick has said publicly that he will not be running for another term, thus leaving the position open for contest. VP Akinwunmi was asked whether he would be contesting.
“I honestly don’t know. The new NFF President will have his hands very full. I haven’t given it much thought and people around me give it more thought than I do. God will direct me on that. But whether I run or not, I will give my all for Nigerian football.”
The meeting concluded with VP Akinwunmi thanking everyone for giving him the opportunity to meet with fans directly. He assured CE that he had taken copious notes and would be tabling some of the issues raised with the NFF.

On CE, June 1st, 2021
Damunk, I’m happy that he has a passion for youth development. All I’m saying is that it also has to be his top priority because the on-going positive development of our youth is what drives the success of Nigerian football❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:12 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:38 am

Ibraheem Lateef Ayodele

Cheers.
Top Accomplishments

iii. Youth Development

Other Points Discussed

On CE, June 1st, 2021
Damunk, I’m happy that he has a passion for youth development. All I’m saying is that it also has to be his top priority because the on-going positive development of our youth is what drives the success of Nigerian football❗️

Cheers.
Yes, I hear you, but he actually put transparency immediately above youth football which kind of makes sense.
All join.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:20 pm :rotf: :rotf: The guy is practically saying he will make the Naira equal to the dollar and natives are lining up to believe him. This guy should be running for the Lagos state house of assembly instead of the NFF president. He has the empty promises language down pat. These are all gibberish. How will he improve infrastructure? Build an NFF stadium? What football technology is he talking about? Anyway, let me not talk what I don't know. I am sure Lagosians will tell how he accomplished the same things he is promising here as Lagos FA boss.
That's a very good idea my brother. :clap: :clap: :clap:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunkey, I am hoping you can shed more light on what he means by focusing on Infrastructure and technology. Also throw in some examples of how he did it at the state level as an FA boss.
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:52 am
1naija wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:20 pm :rotf: :rotf: The guy is practically saying he will make the Naira equal to the dollar and natives are lining up to believe him. This guy should be running for the Lagos state house of assembly instead of the NFF president. He has the empty promises language down pat. These are all gibberish. How will he improve infrastructure? Build an NFF stadium? What football technology is he talking about? Anyway, let me not talk what I don't know. I am sure Lagosians will tell how he accomplished the same things he is promising here as Lagos FA boss.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Why?
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:27 am Damunkey, I am hoping you can shed more light on what he means by focusing on Infrastructure and technology. Also throw in some examples of how he did it at the state level as an FA boss.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I read subtle anger in your "why". :D Why are you getting angry that I am asking less questions than you have asked of uncle Pinnick? Do you want us to hold him by a different standard than we held uncle Pinnick? Haba! That's not fair na.

Anyway, I am waiting for you to post his accomplishments as Lagos FA boss so we can judge for ourselves. Don't tell us what he will do. Show us what he has done. He has a record.

Don't get angry that we are asking simple questions abeg. :D
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:40 pm Why?
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:27 am Damunkey, I am hoping you can shed more light on what he means by focusing on Infrastructure and technology. Also throw in some examples of how he did it at the state level as an FA boss.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Then you are terrible at reading human emotions.
Just take it like that.
You wouldn't know an angry man from a hungry one. :taunt:
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:24 pm I read subtle anger in your "why". :D Why are you getting angry that I am asking less questions than you have asked of uncle Pinnick? Do you want us to hold him by a different standard than we held uncle Pinnick? Haba! That's not fair na.

Anyway, I am waiting for you to post his accomplishments as Lagos FA boss so we can judge for ourselves. Don't tell us what he will do. Show us what he has done. He has a record.

Don't get angry that we are asking simple questions abeg. :D
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:40 pm Why?