Super Eagles would have qualified and won Afcon-Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Super Eagles would have qualified and won Afcon-Rohr

Post by Bigpokey24 »

**** was one of the first coaches of Nigeria to lose 2 competitive matches at home... 2 zip in Uyo vs SA , a loss to almighty CAR and 2 woefully draws giving up 4 goals vs SA...who concedes 4 freaking goals at home ...and last minute defensive draw vs CapeVerde in Lagos...

Longest ever serving coach to give us rubbish football. He never improved us. Relied on Mikel and Victor Moses ..once they left he got exposed. A failure , a crock, a useless and woeful no tactics coach
. Struggled to beat or put minnows in their places.

He never won a game convincingly since Mikel retired

Now we have daft Nigerians rewriting history..

I am so glad he is gone . May we never ever see that fraud coaching us again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:54 amThe sacking of Rohr was not the problem. His replacement with a dinosaur was the problem. If Pinnick had stuck to his agreement with Peseiro to have him be with the team at AFCON and take full control after the tournament, hae would have had an unprecedented 3rd term as NFF President in the bag. The problem was that he listened to those who supported the dinosaur because he was a local coach and thereby put sentiments ahead of common sense.
The result was DNQ and Pinnick losing his job.
The unfortunate thing is that these sentimental folks are just doubling down and refusing to accept that they are part of the problem. They have not for once said that with hindsight, Eguavoen was the wrong man for the job, rather they keep waffling and giving excuses just like their comments on this thread.
The typical Nigerian rent-seeking mentality…
Staying forever in office and suckling from the nation’s commonwealth is the most important thing for some.

Meanwhile, until you start seeing the future…
Let’s stick to the topic at hand - Agent Rohr’s new vocation of PUBLIC COMEDIAN! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Great grand uncle Gotti, how did it work out for us with Eguavoen and his checkers tactics?
Gotti wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:06 am
Dammy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:54 amThe sacking of Rohr was not the problem. His replacement with a dinosaur was the problem. If Pinnick had stuck to his agreement with Peseiro to have him be with the team at AFCON and take full control after the tournament, hae would have had an unprecedented 3rd term as NFF President in the bag. The problem was that he listened to those who supported the dinosaur because he was a local coach and thereby put sentiments ahead of common sense.
The unfortunate thing is that these sentimental folks are just doubling down and refusing to accept that they are part of the problem. They have not for once said that with hindsight, Eguavoen was the wrong man for the job, rather they keep waffling and giving excuses just like their comments on this thread.
Staying forever in office and suckling from the nation’s commonwealth is the most important thing for some.

Let’s stick to the topic at hand - Agent Rohr’s new vocation of PUBLIC COMEDIAN! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:22 am Great grand uncle Gotti, how did it work out for us with Eguavoen and his checkers tactics?

Abeg, help me ask him o! :taunt: Him and his cronies were promoting Eguavoen like the best thing since sliced bread and now refuse to answer questions about the abject failure they helped to foster on the nation. Grand masters of DNQ! :taunt:
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:47 am
1naija wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:22 am Great grand uncle Gotti, how did it work out for us with Eguavoen and his checkers tactics?

Abeg, help me ask him o! :taunt: Him and his cronies were promoting Eguavoen like the best thing since sliced bread and now refuse to answer questions about the abject failure they helped to foster on the nation. Grand masters of DNQ! :taunt:
It did not work out with Eguavoen, obviously but neither did it work out with Rohr. Those failures are why we now have Peseiro. One would think that is OBVIOUS. Not so? I guess it has to be explained in plain language to some.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

See revision at work.

Eguavoen was chosen not primarily because he was a local coach. He was chosen because as the technical director of the NFF for at least a year with Rohr, he should have been privy to insider information/reports, familiarity with players (strength, and weaknesses), etc and such given the circumstances he was the ideal candidate to take over from Rohr. Less learning curve, and understood what needed to be tweaked.

That that was the fatal set of assumptions for outsiders, including me.
At his appointment, with caution, we asked Eguaoven to release his or the technical board’s review of Rohr’s last few games under their watch. Never done.

Well, it turned out Eguavoen was another Pinnick fraud masquerading as a technical director.
Pinnick knew that, and clamored for Peseiro to take over from Eguavoen regardless of performance at the AFCON. Even before the first match was played!

Eguavoen’s surprising performance at the AFCON extended his tenure. However, it also necessitated the addition of Amunike to the backroom technical staff.

Eguavoen went along with the facade that as Technical Director, he was up to coaching the SuperEagles in 2022.

Since Rohr's exit, has Eguavoen offered any (public) feedback/criticism to Peseiro?
Don't expect one.

The real issue is for the year leading to 2022(AFCON/WC), Nigeria had Rohr as coach, Eguavoen as Technical Director, and Pinnick as NFF President.

Nff’s elections on Sept 30 can’t come too fast.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:56 pm

It did not work out with Eguavoen, obviously but neither did it work out with Rohr. Those failures are why we now have Peseiro. One would think that is OBVIOUS. Not so? I guess it has to be explained in plain language to some.
This is so rich from the man who was so excited about Eguavoen's appointment and championed support for him!
Your threads supporting the appointment of a failure for sentimental reasons can be easily dug up.
At least you are finally admitting that you supported a failure and one of the reasons for DNQ!
I hope DNQ excites you as much as Eguavoen's appointment! :taunt: :taunt:
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:41 pm

This is so rich from the man who was so excited about Eguavoen's appointment and championed support for him!
Your threads supporting the appointment of a failure for sentimental reasons can be easily dug up.
At least you are finally admitting that you supported a failure and one of the reasons for DNQ!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: need to be educated on the difference between an opinion and posting a story from another source? Please learn the difference.

Ordinarily, one would think that an elementary school education provides the difference. It really is not that difficult to tell what it is. I shake my head. Na real waaa. TBH, it really can be exasperating engaging in such rudimentary discourse.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:54 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:41 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: need to be educated on the difference between an opinion and posting a story from another source? Please learn the difference.

Ordinarily, one would think that an elementary school education provides the difference. It really is not that difficult to tell what it is. I shake my head. Na real waaa. TBH, it really can be exasperating engaging in such rudimentary discourse.
Na shame dey catch you! You were cheerleading for the colossal failure, Eguavoen, on this forum.
This your fake sophistry can only fool your cohorts but not anyone with a modicum of intelligence. :taunt:
Next time try to put sentiments behind you and embrace competence regardless of the skin colour!
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:12 am
Odas wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:07 am
Rawlings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:49 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:45 pm I don't know about winning AFCON, but we would have definitely qualified for the WC.
If u were not paired against Ghana
General Rawlings,

Be honest bro. You know Ghana won by luck. That is, a combination of an error and the 'away goal' rule. So, ...
If Ghana won by luck, then the Amodu curse that somebody cursed us is part of that ‘luck’.
Which normal country does the same thing first time, second time, third time each resulting in costly DNQ when no be say dem curse us?

We dey shout, shout, shout “who go be the replacement? Weytin be his achievement?”, dem say “Wait first, we dey come”. Some even say “sack first, ax kweshon later”. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We are now asking foolish kweshon like, “when World Cup dey start?” and, “which one is better, DNQ or boring football?

I’m supporting Ghana jare. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Damunk,

You are correct! We asked exactly those questions when they were shouting with their bullhorns, native-trumpets, and beating their gongs, screaming 'Coach ROHR MUST GO.' Well, coach Rohr was let go and the result is, we will be watching the World-cup from our patios.

The good thing for me is, Ambassador Rawlings has invited me to come with him to Qatar, but I am yet to decide, because he might 'finish me' in Qatar if I say one wrong thing about Ghana. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:40 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:07 am
Rawlings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:49 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:45 pm I don't know about winning AFCON, but we would have definitely qualified for the WC.
If u were not paired against Ghana
General Rawlings,

Be honest bro. You know Ghana won by luck. That is, a combination of an error and the 'away goal' rule. So, ...
Alhaji Odas
withdraw your blasphemous statement or else I'll release the gods of Accra on you
Reverend Rawlings,

You want me to withdraw the truth? Ok, don't you think you guys were lucky to have 'snatched' the Qatar ticket from us? Please be honest; Reverend, be honest
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.