Super Eagles would have qualified and won Afcon-Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Eagles would have qualified and won Afcon-Rohr

Post by 1naija »

These are all conjecture o.

The FACTS ARE:

We did not qualify for back to back Nations cup and a WC prior to Rohr. He qualified us for every AFCON and WC as the coach. His comment was that we would have qualified for the WC and won the Nations cup if he remained coach. Based on FACTS and his record, I agree with him that we would have qualified. He did not show during his period as the coach that he would have led us to the trophy, so I do not agree with him on that. He may not be the best coach technically, but he knew how to get the team ready when qualification was at stake.
Cellular wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:31 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:04 pm How many times have we been paired with Ghana in the past and what was the outcome?

We would have beaten Ghana in Ghana and in Nigeria.
Cellular wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:57 pm
Rawlings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:49 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:45 pm I don't know about winning AFCON, but we would have definitely qualified for the WC.
If u were not paired against Ghana
And that's the truth.

The problem wasn't who the coach was but who we were paired against.

Said as much when the pairing was announced and natives who are not students of history were immersed in premature ejaculation were rejoicing.

Rather not qualify than have that coward of a coach take us to the World Cup to go and learn again... going there to make up the numbers.
Nna, I believe I posted the stats here. We have lost more than we have won with more of the games ending in a tie.

My argument then was that having suffered the humiliation at AFCON and also being paired against their archrival, they will come highly motivated. And they did.

What won the game was more of a desire.

Both games ended in draws but they 'won' based on away goals rule.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:03 pm i think one of the best ever decisions by the NFF was to get rid of **** before the AFCON.. us failing to win the AFCON and getting eliminated via GD falls on **** 100%
with a defeat at home by CAR and a 1-1 tension feared, mouth wide opened match vs Cape-Verde.. we for chop serious bottles vs Egypt and ghana if that **** was still in charge . I have watched Nigeria in 6 Wcs and will watch them God willing in Houston come 3 years and a few months from now
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 pm These are all conjecture o.

The FACTS ARE:

We did not qualify for back to back Nations cup and a WC prior to Rohr. He qualified us for every AFCON and WC as the coach. His comment was that we would have qualified for the WC and won the Nations cup if he remained coach. Based on FACTS and his record, I agree with him that we would have qualified. He did not show during his period as the coach that he would have led us to the trophy, so I do not agree with him on that. He may not be the best coach technically, but he knew how to get the team ready when qualification was at stake.
Chief, you are preaching to the selectively deaf.
For them, what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever.
This is CE.
People develop deafness when required.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:45 pm I don't know about winning AFCON, but we would have definitely qualified for the WC.
And that's the truth.
Said as much when the pairing was announced and natives who are not students of history were immersed in premature ejaculation were rejoicing
Rather not qualify than have that coward of a coach take us to the World Cup to go and learn again... going there to make up the numbers.
Thank U my brotha....
  • "Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light" - George Washington
    "Don't know your past, don't know your future" - Ziggy marley
    A word to the wise, is in the NORTH :wink:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Rohr, Egu, and Pinnick are why we didnt qualify. Rohr for his penchant for Oyinbo born that cant compete well in rugged African footy when the stakes are high and African referees lets questionable tackles slide, Egu because he wasn't brave enough to change out Rohrs core players, and Pinnick for sticking with Rohr for so long.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oyek wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:42 pm Super Eagles would have qualified and won Afcon if not for my sack - Rohr

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/09/ ... sack-rohr/
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is this dude pursuing a career in comedy given that he cannot seem to get a job in coaching?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 pm These are all conjecture o.

The FACTS ARE:

Uncle, the highlighted heading is misplaced…
Only half a line of that entire paragraph are “facts”, the rest are merely OPINIONS!

Meanwhile, your logic is NOT how football (or frankly life) works…
Keshi qualified and won AFCON for us, and then failed to qualify for the next AFCON!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Very funny that he has mouth now. No more we are a young team going to learn and bla bla bla.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:59 pm Very funny that he has mouth now. No more we are a young team going to learn and bla bla bla.
Ugbowo,

We would have won the World Cup under Rohr. Never mind that we lost to almighty Central Africa Republic at home. LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The sacking of Rohr was not the problem. His replacement with a dinosaur was the problem. If Pinnick had stuck to his agreement with Peseiro to have him be with the team at AFCON and take full control after the tournament, hae would have had an unprecedented 3rd term as NFF President in the bag. The problem was that he listened to those who supported the dinosaur because he was a local coach and thereby put sentiments ahead of common sense.
The result was DNQ and Pinnick losing his job.
The unfortunate thing is that these sentimental folks are just doubling down and refusing to accept that they are part of the problem. They have not for once said that with hindsight, Eguavoen was the wrong man for the job, rather they keep waffling and giving excuses just like their comments on this thread.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:54 am The sacking of Rohr was not the problem. His replacement with a dinosaur was the problem. If Pinnick had stuck to his agreement with Peseiro to have him be with the team at AFCON and take full control after the tournament, hae would have had an unprecedented 3rd term as NFF President in the bag. The problem was that he listened to those who supported the dinosaur because he was a local coach and thereby put sentiments ahead of common sense.
The unfortunate thing is that these sentimental folks are just doubling down and refusing to accept that they are part of the problem. They have not for once said that with hindsight, Eguavoen was the wrong man for the job, rather they keep waffling and giving excuses just like their comments on this thread.
Kpom x 100

Although why should Peseiro not have taken over BEFORE and not AFTER AFCON ?

That never made any sense to me. Just a way for the crooks to sneak in their clients before Peseiro took over. Also I think they were hedging their bets to see if they could get the job done without hiring a foreigner. That ultimately was a horrible decision.

Peseiro should have taken us to the AFCON in Cameroon and not that 442 1994 dinosaur.

We never do things right.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

General Rawlings,

Be honest bro. You know Ghana won by luck. That is, a combination of an error and the 'away goal' rule. So, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:07 am
General Rawlings,

Be honest bro. You know Ghana won by luck. That is, a combination of an error and the 'away goal' rule. So, ...
If Ghana won by luck, then the Amodu curse that somebody cursed us is part of that ‘luck’.
Which normal country does the same thing first time, second time, third time each resulting in costly DNQ when no be say dem curse us?

We dey shout, shout, shout “who go be the replacement? Weytin be his achievement?”, dem say “Wait first, we dey come”. Some even say “sack first, ax kweshon later”. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We are now asking foolish kweshon like, “when World Cup dey start?” and, “which one is better, DNQ or boring football?

I’m supporting Ghana jare. :clap: :clap: :clap:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bushboy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:06 pm
And that's the truth.

Said as much when the pairing was announced and natives who are not students of history were immersed in premature ejaculation were rejoicing.

I agree completely. Rohr would have gone there to praise our opponents and their players on "big teams" ,,,and he will scrap out a win, not many goals, but a win to progress.
fixed/color]
...you did not complete the sentence thus I will for you :D :D
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:54 am The sacking of Rohr was not the problem. His replacement with a dinosaur was the problem. If Pinnick had stuck to his agreement with Peseiro to have him be with the team at AFCON and take full control after the tournament, hae would have had an unprecedented 3rd term as NFF President in the bag. The problem was that he listened to those who supported the dinosaur because he was a local coach and thereby put sentiments ahead of common sense.
...Peseiro is smart enough to understand the dysfunction in the crumbling house called the NFA. He's there for the money, but not to come and incur your wrath at the beginning.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

No one knows if Rohr would have qualified us for the world cup, but what I do know is that the man is full of crap

His time was up
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oscar52 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:54 am
Rohr for his penchant for Oyinbo born that cant compete well in rugged African footy
Lies lies lies.

The Oyibo born Lookman was responsible for our ONLY goal over 2 legs against Ghana.

Meanwhile the home born Osimehn couldn't stay onside to save his life and kept attempting spectacular overhead kicks rather than concentrate to score. Or what about Simon failing to square for a tap in ? That one na Oyibo ?

Uzoho failing to stop a simple shot na Oyibo right ?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

based on what?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perfectly put!!!

While Ghana were busy working hard behind the scenes, Egu and co went to London to chill...

While Chris Hougton and co...was looking for players to augment his team, Egu was looking for a Thompson Oliha.....

If u fail to plan....u plan to fail.

Eguavoen planned to fail, thus he did.....no other explanation
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Try and read. I stated exactly what it's based on.
Enyi wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:01 pm
based on what?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

akamoke wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm No one knows if Rohr would have qualified us for the world cup, but what I do know is that the man is full of crap

His time was up
...are all of them not 'full of crap'?
What foreign SE coach have ever left his job with flying colors?
They win and win, until they start losing we frustrate and chase them out.
I stand to say, Rohr as pragmatic as he is could have scrapped and qualified us for wc, and even go further at the AFCON.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

General Rawlings,

Alhaji Odas
withdraw your blasphemous statement or else I'll release the gods of Accra on you
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Rawlings wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:40 pm
General Rawlings,

Alhaji Odas
withdraw your blasphemous statement or else I'll release the gods of Accra on you
Lol..You are annoying 24/7 but at times you show some sense of humor.

Just do me a favor, when Ghana starts getting raped at the WC, please don’t console yourself by saying nonsense like “at least we beat Nigeria to make it to the big dance.”…just take it like a man.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .