FCs Using Nigerian NT Jobs as side hustle....Cites Waldrum

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FCs Using Nigerian NT Jobs as side hustle....Cites Waldrum

Post by Enugu II »

Randy Waldrum is using Super Falcons job as ‘side hustle’ – Ex-Super Eagles star
Rilwan Balogun by Rilwan Balogun 5 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria, Top 0
Randy Waldrum is using Super Falcons job as ‘side hustle’ – Ex-Super Eagles star
https://soccernet.ng/2022/09/randy-wald ... -star.html

The former Super Eagles left-back has called out Randy Waldrum for staying abroad while working for Nigeria

Ifeanyi Udeze, a former Super Eagles and Panathinaikos defender has condemned the practice of having a foreign coach stay abroad while working with the national team.

Udeze, on Brila F.M said it’s an act that must stop as it is disrespectful to Nigeria.

Waldrum is a college soccer coach in the United States and works with the Super Falcons on the side, a situation Udeze said must be abolished to get the most of the coaches.

He described the Nigerian job as a side hustle for the coach.

“Nigeria national coaches living abroad and only coming home for their matches is wrong and it must stop.

Nigerian radio presenter and entertainment broadcaster, Do2tun was on the second episode of Carball with Babajide Guerrero, where he showed his knowledge of football and discussed issues around Arsenal, how he started watching football, the World Cup and what he thinks about some footballers.
Soccernet.ng
“As for the Super Falcons, so long Randy Waldrum does two jobs and in fact considers the Super Falcons job as his ‘side hustle’ he’s not the ideal coach for the Nigeria women’s national team.

“In fact it is the Super Falcons job that should be his number one and only job. A lot of things have been taken for granted in Nigeria and that is why these coaches behave the way they do.

“We need a coach who will take the Falcons as his main and only job.”

The Super Eagles have two friendly matches slated for September and November against Algeria and Portugal respectively.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FCs Using Nigerian NT Jobs as side hustle....Cites Waldrum

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:02 pm

The former Super Eagles left-back has called out Randy Waldrum for staying abroad while working for Nigeria

Ifeanyi Udeze, a former Super Eagles and Panathinaikos defender has condemned the practice of having a foreign coach stay abroad while working with the national team.

Udeze, on Brila F.M said it’s an act that must stop as it is disrespectful to Nigeria.

Waldrum is a college soccer coach in the United States and works with the Super Falcons on the side, a situation Udeze said must be abolished to get the most of the coaches.

“Nigeria national coaches living abroad and only coming home for their matches is wrong and it must stop.

Nigerian radio presenter and entertainment broadcaster, Do2tun was on the second episode of Carball with Babajide Guerrero, where he showed his knowledge of football and discussed issues around Arsenal, how he started watching football, the World Cup and what he thinks about some footballers.
Soccernet.ng
“As for the Super Falcons, so long Randy Waldrum does two jobs and in fact considers the Super Falcons job as his ‘side hustle’ he’s not the ideal coach for the Nigeria women’s national team.

“In fact it is the Super Falcons job that should be his number one and only job. A lot of things have been taken for granted in Nigeria and that is why these coaches behave the way they do.

The Super Eagles have two friendly matches slated for September and November against Algeria and Portugal respectively.
But Enugu I'm still at loss as to what your motives are in taking up the job of a mega phone to all these non-entities. Given there is nothing new here because its known to all including nff that waldrum would retain his college coaching job so for you to chose to repost something that irrelevant tells me you have a motivation. Do you wanna take the falcons to New zealand ? what NFF pays Waldrum amounts to what he could easily make in a day washing cars at a Walmart parking lot. He needs his college job to make a living.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I agree with Udeze. I didn't know Randy has a full time job in addition to the Super Falcons job. We sre indeed screwed as a nation.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:07 pm I agree with Udeze. I didn't know Randy has a full time job in addition to the Super Falcons job. We sre indeed screwed as a nation.
Did the people that hire him not know that he has a FT job? We don’t know how much he is being paid. Odd but could it be that the NFF negotiated for scouting to not be part of his job functions.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

NF has not paid a shishi to Waldrum since he was appointed; so let the clueless udeze or whatever his name is pay Randys salary before he opens his mouth

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:25 pm

Soccernet.ng

But Enugu I'm still at loss as to what your motives are in taking up the job of a mega phone to all these non-entities. Given there is nothing new here because its known to all including nff that waldrum would retain his college coaching job so for you to chose to repost something that irrelevant tells me you have a motivation. Do you wanna take the falcons to New zealand ? what NFF pays Waldrum amounts to what he could easily make in a day washing cars at a Walmart parking lot. He needs his college job to make a living.
Jette1

Continue to be at loss. You are not the first to be at loss. When you take a class on objective journalism, you will begin to understand why l post both what I support and what I do not support. It ain't about my views... clue.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Soccernet.ng

Jette1

Continue to be at loss. You are not the first to be at loss. When you take a class on objective journalism, you will begin to understand why l post both what I support and what I do not support. It ain't about my views... clue.
I mean you are a reasoned guy but don't you see how posts like this begins to shape opinion about a guy who is trying to help out. Despite the money owed him you don't see him running to the press to let the world know. in fact he didn't take this job for what he stands to gain financially knowing how strapped nff currently is and which is why they didn't mind him retaining his college job. You might be objective as a person but what you call objective journalism doesn't exist in Nigeria and you know that because where in that article did the writer tie in the loop. No where did they mentioned they contacted they Nff to get their own side of the story. so where is the objectivity

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I don't think he has to live in the country to succeed, however, having a full-time job as a college coach is not necessarily ideal.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

olu wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:40 pm I don't think he has to live in the country to succeed, however, having a full-time job as a college coach is not necessarily ideal.
please tell us what you know about college soccer in the US including their calendar vs CAF/fifa women soccer programs calendar and how coaching come into play etc. pls be very detailed in your analysis. perhaps we can learn something new.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:54 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Soccernet.ng

Jette1

I mean you are a reasoned guy but don't you see how posts like this begins to shape opinion about a guy who is trying to help out. Despite the money owed him you don't see him running to the press to let the world know. in fact he didn't take this job for what he stands to gain financially knowing how strapped nff currently is and which is why they didn't mind him retaining his college job. You might be objective as a person but what you call objective journalism doesn't exist in Nigeria and you know that because where in that article did the writer tie in the loop. No where did they mentioned they contacted they Nff to get their own side of the story. so where is the objectivity
Jette1

Be reminded that I am not on the payroll of the Nigerian FA or that of Waldrum. .... My goal is a simple one i.e. provide differing news to a CE audience and periodically chime in with my personal opinion. Nothing else added or substracted.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Since you know so much about US college soccer and National team coaches, why don't you tell us which college the USWNT coaches full time? That's how you guys excuse rubbish.
jette1 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:14 pm
olu wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:40 pm I don't think he has to live in the country to succeed, however, having a full-time job as a college coach is not necessarily ideal.
please tell us what you know about college soccer in the US including their calendar vs CAF/fifa women soccer programs calendar and how coaching come into play etc. pls be very detailed in your analysis. perhaps we can learn something new.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure the intent or purpose of your questions? My concern is how much time he will be able to devote to coaching the Falcons while having a fulltime job in the US.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:06 pm Not sure the intent or purpose of your questions? My concern is how much time he will be able to devote to coaching the Falcons while having a fulltime job in the US.
That is, indeed, a legitimate concern.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:07 pm I agree with Udeze. I didn't know Randy has a full time job in addition to the Super Falcons job. We sre indeed screwed as a nation.
Granted none of us can do anything about it, or pay his salary if the NFF fails, but I didn't know they allowed him to keep his USA'S job, either
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:46 pm NF has not paid a shishi to Waldrum since he was appointed; so let the clueless udeze or whatever his name is pay Randys salary before he opens his mouth
Jette1, how do you know Waldrum hasn't been paid 'Shishi?' Any proof to that, bro?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Odas wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:45 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:46 pm NF has not paid a shishi to Waldrum since he was appointed; so let the clueless udeze or whatever his name is pay Randys salary before he opens his mouth
Jette1, how do you know Waldrum hasn't been paid 'Shishi?' Any proof to that, bro?
YES bro

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:52 pm Since you know so much about US college soccer and National team coaches, why don't you tell us which college the USWNT coaches full time? That's how you guys excuse rubbish.
YOU are a beggar and you have no (choice) options

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:15 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:45 pm
YES bro
Hmm, oh yeah? The coach hasn't been paid? Wow!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

If the man hasn’t been paid then he has every right to have a side gig. Having a side job may or may not be a violation of contractual agreement, but not paying someone for working is a violation of labor law anywhere in the world except in naija. Pathetic!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:27 pm If the man hasn’t been paid then he has every right to have a side gig. Having a side job may or may not be a violation of contractual agreement, but not paying someone for working is a violation of labor law anywhere in the world except in naija. Pathetic!
Understand the facts before you air your emotional opinions. Coaching the University of Pittsburgh Women has been his full time job since 2018. Coaching the SuperFalcons is his side gig. The real question is why hire a part time coach for the Nigerian Women’s team? Aren’t there any other coaches willing to do the job full time❓❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:50 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:27 pm If the man hasn’t been paid then he has every right to have a side gig. Having a side job may or may not be a violation of contractual agreement, but not paying someone for working is a violation of labor law anywhere in the world except in naija. Pathetic!
Understand the facts before you air your emotional opinions. Coaching the University of Pittsburgh Women has been his full time job since 2018. Coaching the SuperFalcons is his side gig. The real question is why hire a part time coach for the Nigerian Women’s team? Aren’t there any other coaches willing to do the job full time❓❗️

Cheers.
I think you like to fight with folks for no reason or you lack comprehension skills. What does what you just said got to do with my point? So, even if Nigeria is his part time gig, should we not pay him for the work he is doing?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:08 pm

Cheers.
I think you like to fight with folks for no reason or you lack comprehension skills. What does what you just said got to do with my point? So, even if Nigeria is his part time gig, should we not pay him for the work he is doing?
No. You got the facts wrong. Do some research before you render an uneducated opinion… and when was it ever established that Waldrum hasn’t been paid? You just love to make up stories, don’t you❓❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:17 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:08 pm

Cheers.
No. You got the facts wrong. Do some research before you render an uneducated opinion… and when was it ever established that Waldrum hasn’t been paid? You just love to make up stories, don’t you❓❗️

Cheers.
[/quote]

YES bro
[/quote]

You such an a$$. Where did I make up stories? Did you not hear Jett1 saying that he has proof that the coach hasn't being paid. Now I don't have proof myself but don't knock me for believing him. It's not like our NFF didn't payed our last 3 coaches (foreign or local) on time.

I see you got the "smartest kid in the room" syndrome. FYI, I already researched the man when a few was calling for his firing. I know he is the coach of the Univ of Pittsburg in the ACC and their season runs from Aug - October excluding playoffs. What I don't know is how much he makes at Pitts compared to what naija pays him. That may determine which one is his side gig. If you know, then share it, otherwise ferk off!