OFFICIAL: Nike drop Nigeria's home and away kits for 2022

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: OFFICIAL: Nike drop Nigeria's home and away kits for 2022

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:00 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:02 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm I keep telling yall lolly no be am at all..bobo no sabi the term drop..kai
Are u seriously arguing about the word “drop”? You need to find more productive things to do with your time like a job or volunteering at a shelter. Something!
you are jobless, it is so sad you are still having people you grew up with in Ibadan sending you money . my goodness, you went to Nigeria and couldn't afford staying in a hotel or Airbnb .. shameful that you had to still share the room you grew up in . I have never seen such cheapskate in my life. going around Ibadan begging for diesel . Kongi real talk stop living the way you do, you are hiding in some remote area in the states claiming life is good. In a few years you will be hitting Social security retirement age. Do not think your body will still be strong enough hanging with migrants at home depot looking for a small gig
The tin pain u? :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:

You make up all the stories u want in your head. You're not, have never been and can never be where I'm at in life. No matter how many threads u open you'll always remain what Indians call an "untouchable ".
Have you two ever met? 😆 Y’all need to break bread. I can’t tell if your two got real beef or just entertainers.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Even the Models sef look like DNQ. The legs look like that of person wey dey hungry. Chai, Nike no respect us at all at all ...

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:58 am

QUESTION FOR NIKE AND/OR NFF

Will these jerseys have the player's name on the back?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:03 pm
mcal wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:59 pm ...seems Nigeria excels in uniforms.
Only wish fifa will have a world cup award for best looking, innovative, (and unnecessary waste of money) award for jersey :tic:
Mcal,

I like the fact that Nigeria is taking the risk of being innovative in its colors, unlike some countries that are extremely conservative (e.g. Germany). This is quite good because it has the potential of extending the market for the kits beyond the team's core fans. I LOVE IT!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

WHAT I HAVE FOUND ABOUT TEAMS & JERSEY CHANGES

Think about the teams you know: the successful ones tend to be the conservative ones with a popular brand and legacy to preserve. The ones that change their jerseys often are mostly the unsucccessful ones: they have nothing to lose. They don't go deep in tournaments so they have time in their hands to plan the next iteration of their jerseys.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:47 am Even the Models sef look like DNQ. The legs look like that of person wey dey hungry. Chai, Nike no respect us at all at all ...

Tbh, the guy looks seriously underweight. See mosquito leg.
This one can never be a professional footballer.
But maybe that’s the whole idea.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:06 am
Only wish fifa will have a world cup award for best looking, innovative, (and unnecessary waste of money) award for jersey :tic:
Mcal,

I like the fact that Nigeria is taking the risk of being innovative in its colors, unlike some countries that are extremely conservative (e.g. Germany). This is quite good because it has the potential of extending the market for the kits beyond the team's core fans. I LOVE IT!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Think about the teams you know: the successful ones tend to be the conservative ones with a popular brand and legacy to preserve. The ones that change their jerseys often are mostly the unsucccessful ones: they have nothing to lose. They don't go deep in tournaments so they have time in their hands to plan the next iteration of their jerseys.
Bell
Where did you find this out? :taunt:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:rotf:
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:34 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:39 am What do they mean by “drop”?
Unkulu, na yang bwoys slang.
Like, when you 'drop' album or beats.

Not 'drop' as in cancel or discard.
I run a clinic for elders on contemporary speech.
Come register.
CIC is carrying last at this point.
Pa Ohsee is top of the class. :tic:
:rotf: you just kill me with laugh this morning :rotf:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

On top that you just breached CIC's data. By divulging his performance data. That's meant to be private right? :rotf: :rotf:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Brazil, Germany, Spain, France, and Argentina all have consistent jerseys. You can never be in doubt once you see their jerseys. I dont know that has anything to do with their success over the years, but we need to find a consistent National team jersey. All these jaga jaga up and down colors do not make sense. If you saw this jersey and nobody told you it's the Nigerian team jersey you would never know it is.
Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:54 am
Mcal,

Bell
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That right there is the main point. These Ankara and over-busy jerseys no be am for me.

If I was to even try, the white one in isolation is passable but the green one? Nah.

I understand the need to be unique, but they are taking it to a level I don’t fully understand.
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 am Brazil, Germany, Spain, France, and Argentina all have consistent jerseys. You can never be in doubt once you see their jerseys. I dont know that has anything to do with their success over the years, but we need to find a consistent National team jersey. All these jaga jaga up and down colors do not make sense. If you saw this jersey and nobody told you it's the Nigerian team jersey you would never know it is.
Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:54 am
Mcal,

Bell
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Come register.
:rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cant Nike just make normal jerseys for us like they do for other countries. According to owngoalnigeria.com, SE play are not happy with the new design.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The noise being generated here is exactly like it was when Nike's first trend-setting designs came out a few years ago.
Very few said they liked it. In fact many said they hated it.
Remember the images of Iwobi and Kelechi in flowery green tracks and you all were totally rubbishing them?
Well, the rest is history.

Its a youth thing.
The important opinions that matter are probably the U-30s.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Dammy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:24 pm Cant Nike just make normal jerseys for us like they do for other countries. According to owngoalnigeria.com, SE play are not happy with the new design.

I believe Nike has taken all freedoms to refocus the Nigerian football kit merchandising brand. Focus on streetwear as opposed to player kits. Nike contract with unknown terms. Details of which are not public. Privately known only to Pinnick, et al. Extended to 2026.

See some articles re Nike's involvement with England.
https://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/nike ... 61354.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -kit-deal/

See some articles re Nike's involvement with Brazil.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2001/ ... otball2002
https://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-pr ... il_so.html
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:24 pm Cant Nike just make normal jerseys for us like they do for other countries. According to owngoalnigeria.com, SE play are not happy with the new design.
Dammy, times are changing.
I'll also remind you that in this same place there were loud complaints in 2016 when Nike came out with a design which Nigerians roundly confirmed as 'drab', 'generic' and 'boring'.
The threads are here. Have a read.

Then they went 'nuclear' with the 2018 design and there's been no looking back.

Like OJI suggested above, its about street fashion and attracting the youth market.

You might not have noticed, but Nigeria is now a trend-setter around the world in youth (pop) culture.
Forget Buhari, Tinubu and Atiku. Nigeria is being defined outside its borders by what our youth are doing.

That's what Nike are tapping into.
SIMPLE.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:35 pm The noise being generated here is exactly like it was when Nike's first trend-setting designs came out a few years ago.
Very few said they liked it. In fact many said they hated it.
Remember the images of Iwobi and Kelechi in flowery green tracks and you all were totally rubbishing them?
Well, the rest is history.

Its a youth thing.
The important opinions that matter are probably the U-30s.
I think you're misremembering. No jersey is universally adored but I'm sure most people gave positive feedback on that kit.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:50 pm
I'll also remind you that in this same place there were loud complaints in 2016 when Nike came out with a design which Nigerians roundly confirmed as 'drab', 'generic' and 'boring'.

Like OJI suggested above, its about street fashion and attracting the youth market.

You might not have noticed, but Nigeria is now a trend-setter around the world in youth (pop) culture.
Forget Buhari, Tinubu and Atiku. Nigeria is being defined outside its borders by what our youth are doing.

SIMPLE.
when i say you no be am and you hardly apply yourself while trying to act as if you know how to think critically, you would come out now vexing. People will always have a different opinion . because you think in your head the kits maybe lit, others may not. Instead you go on and on digging old threads looking so desperate to say " i am right" my goodness who are you in competition with?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Apparently almost all the fans from various countries are angry at their newly released national team jerseys/kits
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Come register.
Damunk, e be like say I go com regista for dat your class-oo! I fit learn one, or two tins deer
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:44 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:50 pm

SIMPLE.
when i say you no be am and you hardly apply yourself while trying to act as if you know how to think critically, you would come out now vexing. People will always have a different opinion . because you think in your head the kits maybe lit, others may not. Instead you go on and on digging old threads looking so desperate to say " i am right" my goodness who are you in competition with?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He does it again! :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:34 am

Come register.
Damunk, e be like say I go com regista for dat your class-oo! I fit learn one, or two tins deer
Pls do.
I dey even find lecturer for Naija pidgin.
Plenti pipul dey wan learn am, in case you dey interested.
It’s now the in thing, thanks to Afrobeats. :thumb:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ST, they all sent you PMs to tell you this?
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:50 pm Apparently almost all the fans from various countries are angry at their newly released national team jerseys/kits
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:33 am
Odas wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:34 am

Come register.
Pls do.
I dey even find lecturer for Naija pidgin.
Plenti pipul dey wan learn am, in case you dey interested.

It’s now the in thing, thanks to Afrobeats. :thumb:
Make I dey tink deese tins wey you tok. Make I tink dem proproly; at least, for dat pidgin lecturer, I fit do am :thumb: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.