OFFICIAL: NFF release team list for friendly games

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OFFICIAL: NFF release team list for friendly games

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:16 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:20 pm
This your dual obsession with ‘the’ white man and perverted sex sef.
If it’s not one it’s the other. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go finish your therapy. It’s obviously not working yet.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kaiiI! Its vey clear that you are dodging the question about your master's ability to find work -- showing that it truly hurts you. :lol: You and the b45t4rd thought he will have offers being thrown at him. You guys even threatened us that Ghana wanted him! :lol: since then, no work! No one will touch the b45t4rd with a 1000 foot pole! :rotf: :rotf: why??? :D
Dodging the question like you’ve been dodging your sex therapy, right?
:D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: is this how you dodge the monkeys in the theatre? :lol: :lol: :lol: Answer the question. When is your god and personal savior going to find work? :lol:
No, this is how I dodge sex perverts like you by spotting you a mile off.
Still don’t get it do you?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Disappointed to see some names on that list. We are not serious.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:09 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:17 am People can keep their heads on the sand about this deranged NFF.

ScoreNigeria is reporting that Alhassan was originally called up, only for his club to receive a later correspondence canceling the invitation.

Antwerp even withheld this knowledge from Yusuf so that it would not effect his play in their last match.

WTF is going on ?

Who invites him only for him to be cancelled.

There is defiantely some wuru wuru going on.

May I even suggest one of 2 things is going on.

1. Somebody at the NFF does not like Yusuf, for whatever reason. Remember he was also supposedly called up for the summer friendlies for a Visa issue to stop his debut in America. So if we are to believe this, why then was he not called for the African games.

2. A certain player was not called up by Peseiro, and the coach was told that he must include this player and axe one. Yusuf happened to be the player axed.

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because this has now happened twice to Yusuf.

The guy just won player of the month for the league leaders, and we are busy calling benchwarmers and a million strikers.

Make this boy no play for Belgium after these crooks frustrate the guy.
Lol the same NFF canceled Balogun's call up on the premise that "he was injured", yet Balogun played a full 90 minutes for QPR yesterday was even praised by his coach for a good performance, then he was replaced with Valentine Ozonwafor (a bench warmer in Ligue 2)...note that both Musa and Ekong are largely bench warmers at their clubs, yet they both earned a call up...honestly so much fraudulent activities are going on within the NFF, this filth is definitely above Peseiro at this point.
Maybe Balogun is now being punished for speaking out. I wonder of Aribo has also said the wrong things.

Honestly DNQ seems to actually be making this mess even worse.

We cannot even have a silver lining to DNQ.

Nigeria is cursed. God DAMN these crooks.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:19 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:17 am People can keep their heads on the sand about this deranged NFF.

ScoreNigeria is reporting that Alhassan was originally called up, only for his club to receive a later correspondence canceling the invitation.

Antwerp even withheld this knowledge from Yusuf so that it would not effect his play in their last match.

WTF is going on ?

1. Somebody at the NFF does not like Yusuf, for whatever reason. Remember he was also supposedly called up for the summer friendlies for a Visa issue to stop his debut in America. So if we are to believe this, why then was he not called for the African games.

2. A certain player was not called up by Peseiro, and the coach was told that he must include this player and axe one. Yusuf happened to be the player axed.

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because this has now happened twice to Yusuf.

The guy just won player of the month for the league leaders, and we are busy calling benchwarmers and a million strikers.

Lol the same NFF canceled Balogun's call up on the premise that "he was injured", yet Balogun played a full 90 minutes for QPR yesterday was even praised by his coach for a good performance, then he was replaced with Valentine Ozonwafor (a bench warmer in Ligue 2)...note that both Musa and Ekong are largely bench warmers at their clubs, yet they both earned a call up...honestly so much fraudulent activities are going on within the NFF, this filth is definitely above Peseiro at this point.
Maybe Balogun is now being punished for speaking out. I wonder of Aribo has also said the wrong things.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more comical, NFF just announced on their Twitter account that Onyekuru who is injured has been replaced with Dennis emmanuel, another chance to invite a freaking midfielder gone once again...these morons are so irritating that you've got wonder WTF they are even thinking? Why do we need all this number of forwards just for one friendly for goodness sake? like what's even going on with Nigerian football!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I think the elephant in the room is that these coaches from Rohr through Egu to Peseiro could actually be making these team lists themselves.
Why is that not even considered a possibility?

If na exam, all of una don fail finish.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 am I think the elephant in the room is that these coaches from Rohr through Egu to Peseiro could actually be making these team lists themselves.

Nah, it can't just be simple as mere coincidence that all these coaches from Rohr to Peseiro all seem to stick to a regimental type of routine when it comes to team selection, it's always the same pattern of unnecessarily overloading the defence and attack and leaving the midfield thin-bare...it's either NFF just happen to be hiring dinosaurs, or someone or persons in the NFF are behind these team selections to accommodate certain players...but in due time we shall know the truth.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Peseiro seems like a good coach and I feel confident that he would’ve qualified us for the WC but damn it, he looks like a man desperate for a job. NFF hand print is on this list.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Knowing Dennis, he may be moody that he wasn't called up in the first place.

Onyekuru has done OK, but we have much better options, to me he is a guy you call after a few injuries to your main guys.

Why does old man Musa never get injured sef ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Well it's also pretty clear based on the 4 matches under Peseiro, and this squad with thin central midfielders, and so many strikers that he is set on playing a 442.

The 442 can be done right if the players know how to play each position properly and it may be a way of utilizing our best players, having so many strikers.

Personally I would prefer a more balanced squad so you can easily switch formations between 442 and 433.

433 IMO is much better against stronger opponents.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I wonder if Aribo is being rested for the upcoming game or if he asked to be left out. He played over 60 games last season and certainly deserves a break.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:20 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 am I think the elephant in the room is that these coaches from Rohr through Egu to Peseiro could actually be making these team lists themselves.

Nah, it can't just be simple as mere coincidence that all these coaches from Rohr to Peseiro all seem to stick to a regimental type of routine when it comes to team selection, it's always the same pattern of unnecessarily overloading the defence and attack and leaving the midfield thin-bare...it's either NFF just happen to be hiring dinosaurs, or someone or persons in the NFF are behind these team selections to accommodate certain players...but in due time we shall know the truth.
This is a good demonstration of confirmation bias.
What you are saying is that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE for three national coaches within a period of 14 months to pick roughly identical squads, but it is MORE LIKELY that the three coaches are being dictated to by the NFF.
All this because two or three players per squad are deemed by fans not to be worthy.
You have now convinced yourselves that the NFF is controlling the choice of THREE coaches.

That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
So basically, as long as the coach does not put out a list that is universally approved (which is impossible), it means they are not the ones deciding the call-ups - whatever claims they might make tote contrary.
Hmmm.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:37 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:23 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:09 pm The midfield is absolutely dreadful. We keep talking about the lack of creativity yet still invite the same faces. No Yusuf, No Kingsley Michael, No Savior Godwin, No Nwakali even after dropping Aribo. It is well. The Defence is even worse. Tufia!
At this point I'm just tired, it definitely can't be mere coincidence that every coach we've had so far right from the late Keshi to Rohr just had a strange addiction for skipping midfielders in almost all their team selections...it's almost as if all our coaches and NFF executives had a secret pact never to invite midfielders for reasons best known to them. I was thinking ee would learn from the Eguavoen stupidity in the world cup games against Ghana when he overloaded his team with defenders and strikers and then a skeleton midfield...the result of which left us creating not one single goal scoring opportunity from midfield for Osimhen...the jury is still out on Peseiro, but honestly going by this list, it isn't suggesting any hope in the near future...for goodness this is a friendly match to test NEW players at absolutely no risks, why TF are you still inviting washed up players like Musa, Ekong etc serious nations are handing out debut call up's to their new talents, but we're here pissing around as usual...same old same old, rinse and repeat cycle. I'm just tired abeg.
Tobi

Has it occurred to you that it may be CE that know little about this team?

First, ut has been explained numerous times that the ream includes load of midfielders nut yet many of you fail in this basic understanding that the midfield are not those who play in the middle centrally but those who play wide covering the central area. All those are midfielders. This squad has loads of those players and being listed as forwards is immaterial.

Second, Musa clearly is no longer a key player but he must bring other qualities to the squad. We can speculate on this but there must be a reason he is tagged Governor. From what one can assume, he is a leadership glue for the squad and apparently these coaches continue to consider that important. However, I think that even that would have to come to an end in the near future because his contribution on the field is clearly passed.

The reality is that Akopoguma has his best chance now because the hyped Oyibo Wall has crumbled and this Mansger is clearly seeking the future and Akpoguma could be the partner for Bassey going forward. Skipper or not, Ekong's days must be numbered.

There’s no credible excuse to justify Musa’s continued invitation. The leadership thing is mere hot air. We have enough leaders in the team.

Reality is we’re not serious…
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:30 pm Plusses
Ejuke
Onyedika
Akpoguma

Minuses
Ekong
Omeruo
Balogun
Awaziem
(Very few options, but where are Ndah, Ozonwafor?)
Musa (Nuff said already)
It seems Musa is 'indispensable', meaning he would have made the list to Qatar had we qualified for the World cup. Anyway, I am glad for him
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:12 pm

Key observations
Akpoguma is back.
No Shehu Abdullahi (Thank God)
No Joe Aribo?
Musa is the new Mugabe
Thin midfield once again
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 'Wonder kid' you mean, or simply 'indispensable?'
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:23 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:16 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:20 pm
This your dual obsession with ‘the’ white man and perverted sex sef.
If it’s not one it’s the other. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go finish your therapy. It’s obviously not working yet.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kaiiI! Its vey clear that you are dodging the question about your master's ability to find work -- showing that it truly hurts you. :lol: You and the b45t4rd thought he will have offers being thrown at him. You guys even threatened us that Ghana wanted him! :lol: since then, no work! No one will touch the b45t4rd with a 1000 foot pole! :rotf: :rotf: why??? :D
Dodging the question like you’ve been dodging your sex therapy, right?
:D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: is this how you dodge the monkeys in the theatre? :lol: :lol: :lol: Answer the question. When is your god and personal savior going to find work? :lol:
No, this is how I dodge sex perverts like you by spotting you a mile off.
Still don’t get it do you?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Good, glad to know. Now answer the question. I know the truth hurts and you dont want the words to come out of your mouth. Why is your god and personal savior still without work? When will he find work? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:19 am

WTF is going on ?

Just a few questions and notes.

Is it not apparent that Balogun's career is coming to an end? Was he also being punished at Rangers?

As for Aribo, we all saw him implode when tried as a deep lying midfielder. Have you forgotten that?

These guys are being evaluated by a new Manager. The blank check they had under Rohr is not extended by the new Manager and neither should it be. As I noted to Damunk weeks ago, every new manager is looking to build his own team. Peseiro is looking to that and has no reason to be tied down to Rohr's choices. In my view, although I am guessing here, Peseiro will have a new pair of CDs. Ekong and Balogun have expiring days as starters.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

When did Aribo "implode" ?

Now you are just making up stories.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:31 pm When did Aribo "implode" ?

EnuguII is in the employ of the NFF...has to be cause lots of his justifications are just baffling.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Ahmed Musa was replaced after 19 minutes today. I suspect he might be injured.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

lacidi wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 pm Ahmed Musa was replaced after 19 minutes today. I suspect he might be injured.
Kai Vancity's babalawo must be working overtime
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:31 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 pm Ahmed Musa was replaced after 19 minutes today. I suspect he might be injured.
Kai Vancity's babalawo must be working overtime
Kai..VE ahas babalawo-ed up with some potent Canadian witches and wizards. I fear o. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:31 pm When did Aribo "implode" ?

VE

You must not have followed the team closely. Who was having a nightmare that led to Etebo being brought on to rescue the midfield recently? Aribo played the furst competitive game under Peseuro and was underwhelming. Let me ask: why was he not in the starting line for the record 10-0 win? What do you think? Why was Etebo used in his place? All you have to do is review reports of SE recent games. I wrote about this in that day's game report. Do a search. There are no sacred cows under a new manager.

See the game report here: https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2022/06/ ... afcon.html Note also that he did not start in the subsequent game i.e. the 10-0 win! Clue? Now, it is being reported that he has asked to be rested. Really? Aribo, rested? Go figure.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics