OFFICIAL: NFF release team list for friendly games

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OFFICIAL: NFF release team list for friendly games

Post by 1naija »

Is Okereke a victim of quota system? On Merit. he should be on the list , especially with Sadiq and Osimhen out. But I can see how some would have cried marginalization if he was selected and some people left out. This list is a good compromise. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:09 pm The midfield is absolutely dreadful. We keep talking about the lack of creativity yet still invite the same faces. No Yusuf, No Kingsley Michael, No Savior Godwin, No Nwakali even after dropping Aribo. It is well. The Defence is even worse. Tufia!
At this point I'm just tired, it definitely can't be mere coincidence that every coach we've had so far right from the late Keshi to Rohr just had a strange addiction for skipping midfielders in almost all their team selections...it's almost as if all our coaches and NFF executives had a secret pact never to invite midfielders for reasons best known to them. I was thinking ee would learn from the Eguavoen stupidity in the world cup games against Ghana when he overloaded his team with defenders and strikers and then a skeleton midfield...the result of which left us creating not one single goal scoring opportunity from midfield for Osimhen...the jury is still out on Peseiro, but honestly going by this list, it isn't suggesting any hope in the near future...for goodness this is a friendly match to test NEW players at absolutely no risks, why TF are you still inviting washed up players like Musa, Ekong etc serious nations are handing out debut call up's to their new talents, but we're here pissing around as usual...same old same old, rinse and repeat cycle. I'm just tired abeg.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:15 pm Is Okereke a victim of quota system? On Merit. he should be on the list , especially with Sadiq and Osimhen out. But I can see how some would have cried marginalization if he was selected and some people left out. This list is a good compromise. :D
Musa has to meet the quota, poor Okereke would wish he had a dual nationality or something...even if Musa had no legs and arms, he must always get a call up no matter what.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:29 pm
txj wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:47 pm We really need to get off this trend of of being static with our SE invitations.
Without any competition in the immediate future this is the time to experiment with emerging players yet we’re still d#$% around with expired players and not challenging the established ones.
this breeds failure.

remember the excuses use to be

"what coach would call new players in an important qualifier ?"

that was just an excuse. there are definately NFF fingerprints all over the squads of every single coach we have had.

these clowns all need to go, every one of them, not just the figurehead Pinnick, who I suspect may actually be one of the more reasonable of the entire bunch.

Not buying the NFF excuse. A professional manager who allows this is a failed manager.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:15 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:12 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:50 pm This is a criminals list.

Why does every single coach we hire IGNORE THE MIDFIELD ?

Frank Onyeka has not played a single match this season.

Where is Alhassan Yusuf ?

As always the few good things (Ejuke, Akpoguma, Onyedika) are overshadowed by the rubbish.

I agree with Danfo, the NFF are picking all these lists. They only hire coaches that understand/submit/agree with the way they run things.

DNQ did not teach them a damn thing.
No comment on Musa? U don give in to reality?
Somebody needs to juju his a$% out of the national team, or he will be there in 2026.
As per Musa, nothing is gonna change regardless of the coach in charge. He’s always going to be selected, so far his Godfather (Shehu Dikko - 2nd NFF VP) is in the mix. It’s going to be worse if he wins the NFF Presidential election.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:07 pm If you wanted Uncle Gotti's attention, why not just PM instead of using cunny cunny way like mentioning Keshi. :D
olu wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:44 pm Overall it's a good list. I would have made 3 or maybe 4 alternative selections. Then again you can say that about almost any list drawn up for most national teams. Where you start to have problems in when you have 5 or more questionable selections like the Keshi days.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:20 pm
This your dual obsession with ‘the’ white man and perverted sex sef.
If it’s not one it’s the other. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go finish your therapy. It’s obviously not working yet.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kaiiI! Its vey clear that you are dodging the question about your master's ability to find work -- showing that it truly hurts you. :lol: You and the b45t4rd thought he will have offers being thrown at him. You guys even threatened us that Ghana wanted him! :lol: since then, no work! No one will touch the b45t4rd with a 1000 foot pole! :rotf: :rotf: why??? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:35 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:29 pm
txj wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:47 pm We really need to get off this trend of of being static with our SE invitations.
Without any competition in the immediate future this is the time to experiment with emerging players yet we’re still d#$% around with expired players and not challenging the established ones.
this breeds failure.

remember the excuses use to be

"what coach would call new players in an important qualifier ?"

that was just an excuse. there are definately NFF fingerprints all over the squads of every single coach we have had.

these clowns all need to go, every one of them, not just the figurehead Pinnick, who I suspect may actually be one of the more reasonable of the entire bunch.

Not buying the NFF excuse. A professional manager who allows this is a failed manager.
Looking at all the squads over the last 10 years, no serious coach will select those squads. I am not even talking about the "personnel." I couldn't care less. Look at the midfield numbers! Look at the lack of wing backs/full backs! Look at the over-selection on wingers! Absolutely no coach will select a squad like this.

The reason I am now convinced that its the NFF is that we have had multiple coaches over the last 10 years and the profile of the squad has been the same under each of them! NO difference!! :rotf: Its the same man picking these squads! The same man! The man doesnt realize the importance of squad balance. zero! I dont know who this man is, but when this man goes, you will see the difference in the squad profile.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

It's unfathomable that any professional manager would allow this kind of malfeasance to persist.

Even with the established players, there's zero relationship between the invite and current form.

When was the last time anyone saw a decent game from Ndidi?

Don't even get me started with Musa.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:30 pm It's unfathomable that any professional manager would allow this kind of malfeasance to persist.

Even with the established players, there's zero relationship between the invite and current form.

Ndidi is badly out of form, he's not a mainstay player for the SE anymore...his invitation along with Musa and Ekong were pointless much more in a friendly match

Peseiro first real rest on player invitation is a solid F9, his only saving grace for now is that he's still honeymoon new manager phase.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:06 pm

Do we really need all these CB's for a single friendly match?
Ozonwafor that is warming the bench in Ligue 2 Sochaux?
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:03 pm
txj wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:30 pm It's unfathomable that any professional manager would allow this kind of malfeasance to persist.

Ndidi is badly out of form, he's not a mainstay player for the SE anymore...his invitation along with Musa and Ekong were pointless much more in a friendly match

Peseiro first real rest on player invitation is a solid F9, his only saving grace for now is that he's still honeymoon new manager phase.
So we don’t need experienced players because it’s a friendly? This would be Peseiros first time having Ndidi in camp, he’s a mainstay regardless of his current form (if not then who has replaced him in SE), you don’t just chop and change an entire team from game to game…who does that?!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:19 pm

So we don’t need experienced players because it’s a friendly? This would be Peseiros first time having Ndidi in camp, he’s a mainstay regardless of his current form, you don’t just chop and change an entire team from game to game…who does that?!
Dude it's a friendly for a reason, it's a low risk high reward stake especially for a team that DNQ for the world cup and has a chance to integrate fresh and new ideas especially for a friendly match! The likes of Ndidi are already established players whom we've seen enough of under previous managers. This was a good window for Peseiro to have invited more new faces to test the team depth.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:23 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:09 pm The midfield is absolutely dreadful. We keep talking about the lack of creativity yet still invite the same faces. No Yusuf, No Kingsley Michael, No Savior Godwin, No Nwakali even after dropping Aribo. It is well. The Defence is even worse. Tufia!
At this point I'm just tired, it definitely can't be mere coincidence that every coach we've had so far right from the late Keshi to Rohr just had a strange addiction for skipping midfielders in almost all their team selections...it's almost as if all our coaches and NFF executives had a secret pact never to invite midfielders for reasons best known to them. I was thinking ee would learn from the Eguavoen stupidity in the world cup games against Ghana when he overloaded his team with defenders and strikers and then a skeleton midfield...the result of which left us creating not one single goal scoring opportunity from midfield for Osimhen...the jury is still out on Peseiro, but honestly going by this list, it isn't suggesting any hope in the near future...for goodness this is a friendly match to test NEW players at absolutely no risks, why TF are you still inviting washed up players like Musa, Ekong etc serious nations are handing out debut call up's to their new talents, but we're here pissing around as usual...same old same old, rinse and repeat cycle. I'm just tired abeg.
Tobi

Has it occurred to you that it may be CE that know little about this team?

First, ut has been explained numerous times that the ream includes load of midfielders nut yet many of you fail in this basic understanding that the midfield are not those who play in the middle centrally but those who play wide covering the central area. All those are midfielders. This squad has loads of those players and being listed as forwards is immaterial.

Second, Musa clearly is no longer a key player but he must bring other qualities to the squad. We can speculate on this but there must be a reason he is tagged Governor. From what one can assume, he is a leadership glue for the squad and apparently these coaches continue to consider that important. However, I think that even that would have to come to an end in the near future because his contribution on the field is clearly passed.

The reality is that Akopoguma has his best chance now because the hyped Oyibo Wall has crumbled and this Mansger is clearly seeking the future and Akpoguma could be the partner for Bassey going forward. Skipper or not, Ekong's days must be numbered.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Same ol squad with no bite.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:27 pm

So we don’t need experienced players because it’s a friendly? This would be Peseiros first time having Ndidi in camp, he’s a mainstay regardless of his current form, you don’t just chop and change an entire team from game to game…who does that?!
Dude it's a friendly for a reason, it's a low risk high reward stake especially for a team that DNQ for the world cup and has a chance to integrate fresh and new ideas especially for a friendly match! The likes of Ndidi are already established players whom we've seen enough of under previous managers. This was a good window for Peseiro to have invited more new faces to test the team depth.
Are we talking about the same Ndidi that Peseiro has NEVER had in camp? There are different uses of a friendly and clearly we are not in complete rebuild mode so why would we just have only new faces and no mainstays on this list?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:00 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:27 pm

Are we talking about the same Ndidi that Peseiro has NEVER had in camp? There are different uses of a friendly and clearly we are not in complete rebuild mode so why would we just have only new faces and no mainstays on this list?
Ok Ndidi is understandable, but why invite only 4 natural playing midfielders? where's Aribo? Where's Alhassan Yusuf? why do the likes of Musa, Ekong etc keep getting invites? can you justify that one
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This list was obviously made before yesterday, so how did Awoniyi who prior to yesterday had not scored any real goal get on it and not Okereke? Thats the real travesty. How can anyone accept that and then turn around and question the inclusion of Musa and Ndidi? You all are worse than the NFF.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:37 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:23 pm
Tobi

Has it occurred to you that it may be CE that know little about this team?

First, ut has been explained numerous times that the ream includes load of midfielders nut yet many of you fail in this basic understanding that the midfield are not those who play in the middle centrally but those who play wide covering the central area. All those are midfielders. This squad has loads of those players and being listed as forwards is immaterial.

Second, Musa clearly is no longer a key player but he must bring other qualities to the squad. We can speculate on this but there must be a reason he is tagged Governor. From what one can assume, he is a leadership glue for the squad and apparently these coaches continue to consider that important. However, I think that even that would have to come to an end in the near future because his contribution on the field is clearly passed.

The reality is that Akopoguma has his best chance now because the hyped Oyibo Wall has crumbled and this Mansger is clearly seeking the future and Akpoguma could be the partner for Bassey going forward. Skipper or not, Ekong's days must be numbered.
Enugu II,

Are you being serious or playing the devils advocate? I’m ok with the coach trying Ndidi even though if I was the coach I won’t call him yet. The guy is badly out of form.

No need to invite Musa & Ekong. The coach should call them and tell them that they’re still part of the team but he wants to try new players. It’s s friendly for freaking sake.

Lastly, I don’t care if the coach is playing wing field and wants to call up wide midfielders, you need more than 3 natural center midfielders.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kaiiI! Its vey clear that you are dodging the question about your master's ability to find work -- showing that it truly hurts you. :lol: You and the b45t4rd thought he will have offers being thrown at him. You guys even threatened us that Ghana wanted him! :lol: since then, no work! No one will touch the b45t4rd with a 1000 foot pole! :rotf: :rotf: why??? :D
Dodging the question like you’ve been dodging your sex therapy, right?
:D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

People can keep their heads on the sand about this deranged NFF.

ScoreNigeria is reporting that Alhassan was originally called up, only for his club to receive a later correspondence canceling the invitation.

Antwerp even withheld this knowledge from Yusuf so that it would not effect his play in their last match.

WTF is going on ?

Who invites him only for him to be cancelled.

There is defiantely some wuru wuru going on.

May I even suggest one of 2 things is going on.

1. Somebody at the NFF does not like Yusuf, for whatever reason. Remember he was also supposedly called up for the summer friendlies for a Visa issue to stop his debut in America. So if we are to believe this, why then was he not called for the African games.

2. A certain player was not called up by Peseiro, and the coach was told that he must include this player and axe one. Yusuf happened to be the player axed.

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because this has now happened twice to Yusuf.

The guy just won player of the month for the league leaders, and we are busy calling benchwarmers and a million strikers.

Make this boy no play for Belgium after these crooks frustrate the guy.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:17 am People can keep their heads on the sand about this deranged NFF.

ScoreNigeria is reporting that Alhassan was originally called up, only for his club to receive a later correspondence canceling the invitation.

Antwerp even withheld this knowledge from Yusuf so that it would not effect his play in their last match.

WTF is going on ?

Who invites him only for him to be cancelled.

There is defiantely some wuru wuru going on.

May I even suggest one of 2 things is going on.

1. Somebody at the NFF does not like Yusuf, for whatever reason. Remember he was also supposedly called up for the summer friendlies for a Visa issue to stop his debut in America. So if we are to believe this, why then was he not called for the African games.

2. A certain player was not called up by Peseiro, and the coach was told that he must include this player and axe one. Yusuf happened to be the player axed.

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because this has now happened twice to Yusuf.

The guy just won player of the month for the league leaders, and we are busy calling benchwarmers and a million strikers.

Make this boy no play for Belgium after these crooks frustrate the guy.
Lol the same NFF canceled Balogun's call up on the premise that "he was injured", yet Balogun played a full 90 minutes for QPR yesterday was even praised by his coach for a good performance, then he was replaced with Valentine Ozonwafor (a bench warmer in Ligue 2)...note that both Musa and Ekong are largely bench warmers at their clubs, yet they both earned a call up...honestly so much fraudulent activities are going on within the NFF, this filth is definitely above Peseiro at this point.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Dodging the question like you’ve been dodging your sex therapy, right?
:D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: is this how you dodge the monkeys in the theatre? :lol: :lol: :lol: Answer the question. When is your god and personal savior going to find work? :lol: