JOE ARIBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: JOE ARIBO

Post by packerland »

naijaguy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:24 am
packerland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:38 am I think we are putting too much weight in this thing called “African Football” A baller is a baller. Unless we are saying African player can adapt to bad pitches. If France or Germany play Kenya in Nairobi, the latter will still get slaughtered. Physicality and gra gra football in these days of VAR will only get you sent off.
You'd be shocked that Kenya would beat any of those teams in Nairobi. Football pitches also play a major role. On the other hand, do you think Pogba for instance would be playing same way he does for France it he had represented Guinea?
Kenya will beat France and Germany if the match is played for 360 minutes. Pogba doesn't even play for the club that pays him the same way he plays for France. The guys is a primadonna and I don't even think he likes playing football.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

packerland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:22 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:38 am I think we are putting too much weight in this thing called “African Football” A baller is a baller. Unless we are saying African player can adapt to bad pitches. If France or Germany play Kenya in Nairobi, the latter will still get slaughtered. Physicality and gra gra football in these days of VAR will only get you sent off.
You'd be shocked that Kenya would beat any of those teams in Nairobi. Football pitches also play a major role. On the other hand, do you think Pogba for instance would be playing same way he does for France it he had represented Guinea?
Kenya will beat France and Germany if the match is played for 360 minutes. Pogba doesn't even play for the club that pays him the same way he plays for France. The guys is a primadonna and I don't even think he likes playing football.
If Football Matches are played for 360 mins France & Germany will adapt and still soundly lash " small countries "
If the match is played tomorrow, why would it be played for 360 mins. Football is 90 mins.
One thing i detest is the saying " on a good day " this is admitting whomever needs a good day to defeat anyone is greatly inferior
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:34 pm
Packerland,

There is a DIFFERENCE.... If you watch the games you will notice that the African game is very physical and the match officials allow those challenges to go on without calls. A player who isn't used to that, will struggle initially. Additionally, the speed can be a lot more. Of course, the ball possession is surely not as adept as the European game.
You mean the African officials that dashed our men and women red cards for tackles.

I just think the difference is not as much as we make it to be. I think the better team finds a way to win at the end Physicality will prevail if the 10 other players are soft. Remember when Arsenal had the likes of Ozil and all other soft a$$ players and they will lose to the likes of Stokes and Wigan. Some of these nations that have skilled finesse players have rugged players too. Brazil and Germany have Casmeiro, Fabinho and Kimmich that can go toe to toe with most rugged African players in terms of physicality. Argentina got some rugged players too when they are not rolling on the ground like they got shot in the face. But I get your point though!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

blueangel wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:30 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:22 pm
If Football Matches are played for 360 mins France & Germany will adapt and still soundly lash " small countries "
If the match is played tomorrow, why would it be played for 360 mins. Football is 90 mins.
One thing i detest is the saying " on a good day " this is admitting whomever needs a good day to defeat anyone is greatly inferior
Bros,
I was making jest of those saying that Kenya will beat Brazil and Germany in Nairobi due to physicality and bad pitch. I said unless the match is played for 360 minutes.

You are right. France and Germany will adapt because they study their opponent and make the necessary preparation. This is how they will prepare for Kenya: first they camp out somewhere in their country or somewhere else that have similar weather and pitch like in Kenya. Next, they play countries that are similar to Kenya in a friendly. Lastly, they will increase their fitness level to match their opponents and if possible tweak their formation similar to how Netherland dismantled the Falconets.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys just watch the players kick the ball without understanding the dynamics of the game. Aribo has shown not to be an effecttive AM. With iwobi firing all all cylinders, Aribo can only come off the bench if Ndidi is fit. The situation is even worsened with Onyedika showing promise. If he pans out and shows he can partner with Ndidi in the DM role, Aribo will not start many games. He may be resting for this game, but a starting shirt is not guaranteed moving forward if Onyedika pans out and Ndidi regains his form. He is not an effecttive alternative to Iwobi.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:38 am
jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm Does anyway know of any other reason Aribo was not invited other than what I already know. I have been saying it, as good as aribo is his girlish locking legs doesn't quite cut it in African hard tackle football. I feel relieved that someone else is taking a hard look at him. I know some would argue that those kind of legs abound but it is one thing when you learn your football on the streets of Africa and another learning in European academy
Looking at the boys legs and comparing them to any women/girls you know is suspect but hey what ever tickles your fancy.
Wierdest fanasy yet ever from CE's one and only yams admirer.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cchinukw wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:50 am
jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm Does anyway know of any other reason Aribo was not invited other than what I already know. I have been saying it, as good as aribo is his girlish locking legs doesn't quite cut it in African hard tackle football. I feel relieved that someone else is taking a hard look at him. I know some would argue that those kind of legs abound but it is one thing when you learn your football on the streets of Africa and another learning in European academy
Looking at the boys legs and comparing them to any women/girls you know is suspect but hey what ever tickles your fancy.
LORD HAVE MERCY.....I am reading this for the first time. Why on earth should one care either way how a footballer's legs look???? This really beats me. Na real waaa oooooo!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:31 pm
cchinukw wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:50 am
LORD HAVE MERCY.....I am reading this for the first time. Why on earth should one care either way how a footballer's legs look???? This really beats me. Na real waaa oooooo!!!
It's Jette and you know the story about Jette... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

1naija wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:24 am You guys just watch the players kick the ball without understanding the dynamics of the game. Aribo has shown not to be an effecttive AM. With iwobi firing all all cylinders, Aribo can only come off the bench if Ndidi is fit. The situation is even worsened with Onyedika showing promise. If he pans out and shows he can partner with Ndidi in the DM role, Aribo will not start many games. He may be resting for this game, but a starting shirt is not guaranteed moving forward if Onyedika pans out and Ndidi regains his form. He is not an effecttive alternative to Iwobi.
Agree. His footie iq in terms of movement and ability to read the game is subpar. Very talented but i've not been impressed thus far
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!